New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im Grinding for the last 10 Mythril i need now, to get 3 draws on the third Banner. And after that om going to make my FF6 dream team, depending on who i get gear for. I was a little impatient and tried a keepers choice. But got some sort of startdust rod for Terra. So that was rewarded :)
    What SuperPanda said basically. It was the first BSB I got and I still make use of it, even after getting Terra's OSB.

Another thing to consider when unlocking and leveling characters is Record Materia. The generic White Mage and Black Mage have some important ones for sustainability, Ramza and Tidus have very important ones for using SBs more often, while Cloud and Keeper have ones for using SBs right away. Granted, you can't use them til you break your first level cap at 50, but it's something to consider. Terra has a pretty great one that gives a chance to cast a Black magic spell twice at least.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Thanks for the comments. I will keep them in mind for if i get to the first level cap :)
    I take it Growth eggs are then for breaking that cap?

And came across another detail. I noticed the first lucky banner is one draw only. Does that rule apply to all of them?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the comments. I will keep them in mind for if i get to the first level cap :)
    I take it Growth eggs are then for breaking that cap?

And came across another detail. I noticed the first lucky banner is one draw only. Does that rule apply to all of them?
    No, Memory Crystals are for breaking the caps. You get them normally from events featuring those characters, but you can also get Empty ones you can trade for any character's MC in the Hall of Rites, just like the Hero souls.

And yeah, the Lucky Draws are one-pull only things.

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Oh alright thanks for the warning. And there were going to be 3 banners?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh alright thanks for the warning. And there were going to be 3 banners?
    Three Lucky Draw, one OSB draw (only 5 mythril), and 5 banners that are full price
    Blarg...

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Curaga Lucky draw... I'm going to skip pulling on it. It has nice stuff, but to spend on the BSB banner and Summer Fest 1, I'll have to pass.

-------------------------------------------------

Some pretty cool JP news for the FFRK & Tactics fans: Marche & Montblanc from the advance series have been announced for the next event... and wow the banners look really good at a glance.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1144...eeper/75489086

Marche seems to be a really aggressive knight.

his USB (on top of dealing damage) grants him EnHoly, an attack boost and after using a knight ability, frontline party members quickcast on physical attacks. I'll just let you stew on that.

His other SBs are decent, if nothing too special. BSB is damage +party ATK/MND buff, with Sentinel on Com2 and a knight damage up on Com1. while his SSB is a strait upgrade to Ramza's Tailwind: 40% max HP heal, DEF +100% & Esuna to party. BSB+USB seem to be pretty awesome

Montblanc, well... his sprite could be better and while his SSB is a pretty standard MAG/MND+Hastega but... well, i'll just let his BSB speak for itself:

"Cid Raines with bunny ears" - 10 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks, MAG/DEF to party
    Com1 : 4 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks
    Com2 : 2 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks, self MAG +30% & RES -30%

It lacks Raines' 0CT on the command 1, but that's still 3 common weaknesses on a very self-sufficient Mage Burst.

Featuring:
    "Ramza gets a better Shout in the form of a BSB". It's literally shout+EnHoly, with the commands being (from the looks of things)
    Com1: 5 hits, 0 SB gain
    Com2: Wrath, but without the attack bonus overwrite

"Oh look at this Legend Materia Relic for Cpt.LOUD SIDE" - Max ATB & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle.

Ramza's got some new toys, boys.

Gaffgarion, Agrias & Meliadoul, Rafa & Mustadio all also appear on the banners.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    First off, nobody benches Queen Bea. Nobody.

Second, there are some very slight, but important, differences between Queen Bea's BSB and Agrias' BSB. Let's review.
    • Queen Bea's Burst deals 4 AoE hits at 1.37x each (or 1.53x with all allies alive) of Holy damage. Her commands are each 2-hit single-target attacks, the first dealing 1.25x per hit of Holy damage with Sentinel, the second dealing 1.35x of Non damage with a RES boost.
    • Agrias' Burst deals 4 ranged AoE hits at 1.47x of Holy damage. Her commands are each 2-hit single-target attacks dealing 1.25x per hit of Holy damage, with Sentinel on one and a RES boost on the other.

What's the takeaway? First, Agrias' Burst is ranged, which may or may not provide an advantage, depending. Second, Queen Bea's burst deals slightly more damage if the party is alive. Third, Queen Bea's second command deals slightly more base damage than Agrias', but lacks a Holy element to take advantage of Imperil. This is less of an issue if a boss is already Holy-resistant (although why are you bringing either one, then? As a tank?) and would make Bea's BSB better in such a situation; but where the boss is Holy-susceptible, I think it causes Agrias' second command to eke out extra damage.

Still, nobody puts Queen Bea on a bench.
    I love FFIX. I don't get the Beatrix fandom, TBH. I enjoyed her arc for what it was, but she's far from the first character I think of from it (the answer to that is Vivi, of course)
    From the FFRK perspective, I've got Cleansing Strike for Agrias, and that 25% atk/mag debuff is even more valuable than the BSB.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I keep forgetting that Galuf can also use SAM abilities, probably because he remains such a crappy character. Seriously, dude can't take a hit. And to be fair, his BSB has built-in heals that really help with that. But the thing is, if I'm using Galuf, it's probably because I'm using a V party (or, now, I suppose, because I'm putting together a Fire party), and I already have Bartz (OSB), Gil (OSB), and Faris (OSB) all at 99, pretty much covering all of my physical damage (and in Faris' case, SUP) needs; I also have Krile with Sheepsong, and frankly, having her in a party with her dead grandpa is still super weird for me.

Admittedly, swapping Galuf in would actually help Krile's BLM (because Firaja/Chain Firaga) and Bartz's SPB and OSB (because firefireFIREFIREFIRE), so... Fair point.
    Think of Galuf's role as a secondary support/heal type with his BSB. The commands don't do enough damage to slot him as a primary DPS, and his limited equip and skill options don't give you a ton to work with there. But where he works is as a handy 5th party member. Imperiling fire keeps Krile's SB full and boosts your Bartz damage. The healing helps reduce pressure on Lenna if you don't have a medica, or keeps someone out of the danger zone with a small heal, and he contributes some damage to top it off.

With the recent datamining that found A+ bosses having only 20% weakness instead of the 50% that was assumed, imperiling's relative importance has only grown, as dropping an imperil on otherwise-neutral boss gets your DPS up to where it'd be if you went all-out to exploit their weakness. It's a tepid case to make, because the commands are so underpowered without a corresponding en-element, but it's not useless. It's just not good enough to be the centerpiece of your party.

EDIT: on the FFT JP event: Put me on the skeptical side about Ramza's BSB2. It sounds like it has a lot of abilities that don't synergize like people are expecting. It's still good because shout is good, but some of the justifications people are throwing out are really weird. Agrias' USB looks great, though- cleansing strike, plus enholy, plus more damage. What's not to love? Plus Marche's USB grants your front row characters physical quickcast whenever he uses a knight attack. That's... pretty great. Who needs powerchain when you can use regular speed full charge? Even crazier, TG Cid BSB commands with regular charge time as long as Marche is spamming Saint Cross/Guardbringer.
    Shoot, Banner 2 has a USB for Gaffgarion that makes him the king of Dark abilities. It adds a 2-hit drain chase when he uses a darkness skill. We don't know the potency yet, but start spamming sanguine cross or the newer crimson cross (4.20/4 hits, 30% max HP kickback), and then automatically drain the HP back. Combined with the self endark effect, that's absurd, maybe even up to SSB-damage every single turn.

In short: skip the Meliadoul event when we get it, aim at this one instead.
    Last edited by Greg_S; 2017-06-22 at 05:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: on the FFT JP event: Put me on the skeptical side about Ramza's BSB2. It sounds like it has a lot of abilities that don't synergize like people are expecting. It's still good because shout is good, but some of the justifications people are throwing out are really weird. Agrias' USB looks great, though- cleansing strike, plus enholy, plus more damage. What's not to love? Plus Marche's USB grants your front row characters physical quickcast whenever he uses a knight attack. That's... pretty great. Who needs powerchain when you can use regular speed full charge? Even crazier, TG Cid BSB commands with regular charge time as long as Marche is spamming Saint Cross/Guardbringer.
    Shoot, Banner 2 has a USB for Gaffgarion that makes him the king of Dark abilities. It adds a 2-hit drain chase when he uses a darkness skill. We don't know the potency yet, but start spamming sanguine cross or the newer crimson cross (4.20/4 hits, 30% max HP kickback), and then automatically drain the HP back. Combined with the self endark effect, that's absurd, maybe even up to SSB-damage every single turn.

In short: skip the Meliadoul event when we get it, aim at this one instead.
    I think what's neat about the new shout is that it allows you to bring FullBreak+Breakdown and still have a wrath on command, meaning he can reliably maintain that buff nearly forever while still doing some nice debuffing and he has what looks to be a strong damage option should you need to start DPS racing over debuffing. This does depend on your party comp and available RMs, mind you, but so does most things in this game.

It's not "the new meta" or anything, but it's still a solid SB that adds options.

His LM relic is where it shines for me though, as it starts Ramza with a full ATB meter and 0CT on his next command, which means "Ramza goes first, party is now buffed" should you equip him with Dr.Mog's Teachings or Mako Might or just want to RW in something.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did an 11+1 on the VI banner, hoping for Celes' shiny new BSB, her legend materia, and Relm's stuff. Instead got 2 more copies of her BSB1 (which is a nice weapon, don't get me wrong) and Setzer's Fixed Dice (pretty much insult to injury.) This game really doesn't want me to lay hands on a source of Runic.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

10. - Top - End - #190

Chimera

Did a pull on banner 1 as well. Didn't get Celes' BSB2, but I got BSB1 and her LMR. Pretty good combo there! The commands are spellblade, the armor's a light armor with holy +, and the LMR is a 25% chance to doublecast those BSB commands. My VI team is now:

Setzer (reverse wall)
    Relm (BSB)
    Celes (LMR)
    Terra (SSB, OSB)
    Locke (OSB)

Chadarnook is vulnerable to Fire and Holy (until the end), so I have lots of good in-realm options to work with.

Spoiler: Ramza's BSB2
    Show

A lot depends on the amount command 2 charges the gauge. If it's just 80 points like his BSB1's CMD2, then it's really bad. If it's Lifesiphon-esque? Outstanding, as you can cycle FB/BD/2/FB/BD and have 350 or so SB points stored up when burst mode ends, which gets you cycling rapidly. If it's high, another valid option is to go full buffbot and have him cycle through USB/BSB2, especially with his LMR.

Command 1's potency is unknown, but hey, it could be useful. Ramza's great stats haven't really mattered in months, but maybe they will now! Seems like it works best with his LM2 so you're getting 35 seconds out of the shout, and you can just spam command 1 for damage (or alternate with FB while someone else runs off-support).

I do think this is true, though: it's gonna be awful to play MP for a bit. We're gonna hate Cheering Ramzas like we loathe Asylum Y'shtolas.

The LMR's great, can't say anything bad about that.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, I actually got a legend materia relic from a 100-gem pull. It's Vivi's, though. +25% BLM damage, but 30% slower cast time? That's... a thing, I guess?

Two BSBs on the Imperil banner, though! Lightning and Thancred. So I'm pretty happy about that.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

I do believe I'm going to skip this lucky draw. I have 8/24, so a 1/3 chance to get a dupe, which would suck. While it would be amazing to get one of those USB, I just don't feel it's worth the risk of getting a dupe of one of the 8 that I have. Anyone else skipping this one?

13. - Top - End - #193

RedWizardGuy

Also skipping. The only realms where I need a medica for Cid Mission is I, VIII, X and XIV, and the shared Medica from X solves perfectly this issue. Otherwise, Vanille's USB or Penelo & Eiko's BSBs cover Apocalypse battles well. Eh, appropriate SSB Medicas still win those battles for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Some pretty cool JP news for the FFRK & Tactics fans: Marche & Montblanc from the advance series have been announced for the next event... and wow the banners look really good at a glance.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1144...eeper/75489086

Marche seems to be a really aggressive knight.
    Oh hey, another villain joins the party.

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I already had 9 relics from the medica banner, which meant that a dupe was almost inevitable. But there were several realms for which I had no medica relic, and multiple USBs, so I took my shot.

3/11, only one dupe. I got Sarah's Ancient Lute, which gives me a medica for FFI (which I lacked); Larsa's Princely Raiment, which is a dupe but a good light armor for XII; and Eiko's Lamia's Flute, which gives me a USB for IX, oh hells to the yes. Now that is a medica relic.

Given the likelihood of getting dupes, I consider this a very lucky draw for me.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

16. - Top - End - #196

Chimera

3/11 on the medica draw for me. Dupe Vanille BSB, then Larsa's cloud staff and Aerith's USB. Nothing top-shelf here, as I already have Aerith's BSB, but it's nice for my VII team and a good stat stick.

17. - Top - End - #197

2/11 for me: dupe of Larsa's SSB, then a brand new Yshtola BSB. So that's alright! Probably doesn't make her A team material since Vanille is better defensively and on mage teams and Eiko is better on physical teams. But that's a heck of a way to fill a medica gap.
    Merlin the Tuna

18. - Top - End - #198

I'm hopeful that I just unloaded bad luck/karma before tomorrow's draw and Banner 4.

I got 2/11 - Arc SSB (dupe) and Penelo SSB (dupe).

My III synergy was already pretty strong but that robe is now ready to reforge (I'd already duped it on the Anniversary Curaga LD).

For XII - the dupe staff there brings it to a 6* - though it is also a Holy+ stat-stick for Penelo. It should now beat out her BSB when optimizing and give her BSB entry and command 1 some extra punch.

Not the greatest pull, or even one I can really get excited about. Still I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pull and the fests. Maybe my lack of wins today will pay for Rosa's USB in a few days.

Red: All three of those would have been new for me and all three would have made me pretty happy. Eiko USB was the RW I needed for Proudclad XIII - without it I couldn't have brought that beastie down. Congrats. :)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    I'm hopeful that I just unloaded bad luck/karma before tomorrow's draw and Banner 4.

I got 2/11 - Arc SSB (dupe) and Penelo SSB (dupe).

My III synergy was already pretty strong but that robe is now ready to reforge (I'd already duped it on the Anniversary Curaga LD).

For XII - the dupe staff there brings it to a 6* - though it is also a Holy+ stat-stick for Penelo. It should now beat out her BSB when optimizing and give her BSB entry and command 1 some extra punch.

Not the greatest pull, or even one I can really get excited about. Still I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pull and the fests. Maybe my lack of wins today will pay for Rosa's USB in a few days.

Red: All three of those would have been new for me and all three would have made me pretty happy. Eiko USB was the RW I needed for Proudclad XIII - without it I couldn't have brought that beastie down. Congrats. :)
    Hmm...cool.

Me, it's 2/11, 1 dupe, no Burst Medicas, no disco balls. Really - it's like Burst Medicas are doing everything in their power to avoid me.

• Relm's Chocobo Brush...that's the dupe. Pretty decent, but I already have it, so it's basically combine fodder.
    • Rosa's Artemis Bow! Could have wanted her Burst Medica, if only because I need something more durable, but this works relatively fine. I wanted something for her because the Geryon battle CM is turning to be difficult, and this should do fine. Her first Medica should still have some worth, but this will be the main one from now on. And, definitely, Magic Blink should do the trick against this guy.

Will see tomorrow if my luck doesn't improve. Then again, I'm gonna attempt something different...
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah I think I have enough medicas. Sure I don't have full coverage for all realms, but I've got some really good ones like Dreamstage, Slots Full Cure, Asylum and a few more, so I'll save the mythril.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Relm's USB. Aaaaand I have nothing else for her. Heal, 1/3 hp shield, and a 1 turn "no cast time" all for the party.

22. - Top - End - #202

My IV team isn't bad but I just couldn't manage the CM on Geryon.

My IV SBs: P.Cecil BSB, P.Cecil SSB, D.Cecil 2hit + weak boostga, Kain 1 hit drain strike, Rydia 1 hit AoE ice, Tellah party smart ether, Edge SB 3 hit Water AoE + Dismissal, Ceodore BSB.

No Medicas, little elemental coverage outside of Holy (Edge's water SB is showing its age now that bosses are seldom vulderable to dismissal) - overwhelmingly physical (not that it matters - he can counter mage with cursed Elegy too.

I took him down with my Lightning team (packing water and Ice spells for phase 2) and I might come back to try to CM him if I get Rosa's USB in phase 1 or something new for IV tomorrow.

For now I'm just accepting that I've lost those orbs and am starting to think I actually get to pull on a future IV focused banner - now I just need to find an event which is Rydia focused.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

How long to activated abilities like Shell or Retaliate work? Do they persist from round to round?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

How long to activated abilities like Shell or Retaliate work? Do they persist from round to round?
    They usually have a visual effect associated with them (green glow for Shell, the 'Retaliate' pose, etc.) that tells you if they're still up and no, everything is cleared once a part of a dungeon is cleared, but they can last between the individual rounds if their timer hasn't run out.

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

My IV SBs: P.Cecil BSB, P.Cecil SSB, D.Cecil 2hit + weak boostga, Kain 1 hit drain strike, Rydia 1 hit AoE ice, Tellah party smart ether, Edge SB 3 hit Water AoE + Dismissal, Ceodore BSB.

No Medicas, little elemental coverage outside of Holy (Edge's water SB is showing its age now that bosses are seldom vulderable to dismissal) - overwhelmingly physical (not that it matters - he can counter mage with cursed Elegy too.

I took him down with my Lightning team (packing water and Ice spells for phase 2) and I might come back to try to CM him if I get Rosa's USB in phase 1 or something new for IV tomorrow.

For now I'm just accepting that I've lost those orbs and am starting to think I actually get to pull on a future IV focused banner - now I just need to find an event which is Rydia focused.
    I took him down with mage team (ended up R2ing Chain Waterga for this fight so Papalymo and Rydia could help with black and summons respectively during the first two phases) without too much problems (the winning run was largely elegy-free, which is the biggest troublemaker IMO), but CMing him feels... weird.

I've got the offensive (Golbez & Rydia BSBs, while Dark & Earth elemental focused respectively also have a non elemental portion) and recovery (Rosa's Divine heal & Porom's Sync) bits, but it's still a D180 fight with the resistance stat to go along with it, which means I need some sort of magic buff, which I don't have native to FFIV, and FFIV also doesn't have a dancer so i'm stuck relying on physical support (and thus more chances to activate his counter).

Golbez has the benefit of being able to pack Memento Mori for a self-buff but this fight drags on forever because of the slow, so he'll probably end up dying from mori... which is what happened on my first few attempts to CM it.

And because he resists all elements, the damage boost Rydia would normally get to her Command 1 thanks to the EnEarth is of no use, so her damage isn't anything special... it's just not resisted. Even after an RW'd faithga, her damage wasn't anything special, topping at around 15k per action. it sounds like a lot, but remember in phase 3 he still has ~160k HP. that's a lot of HP to go through.

I also lack supportive SBs like a wall breaker for the realm, so all Edward can do is Full Break/Breakdown and hope for the best, the best being "please don't counter".

It's lightning orbs, something I've got in spades, so it won't be particularly missed when I skip this CM.

@ lord_khaine
    It depends on the buff.

Protectga and Shellga have a long duration: 35s
    Retaliate: 15 seconds
    many SBs with effects last for 25s, like the Wall SB Tyro & Y'shtola can cast

26. - Top - End - #206

Chimera

The Ursula 2 banner is what you're looking for. It has Rydia's USB, BSB2 and LMR on it. USB is 10 water/non hits, party mag/res +30%, and enwater. BSB2 is an imperil water with smart ether and self-quickcast commands, and the LMR is the usual 25% chance to doublecast summons. That event also has the first new 5* summon in forever, Ogopogo- like Tiamat, but water.
    The banner also gives Golbez a USB (on a magical...axe?), and stuff for Ursula and Yang. Ursula's BSB is a nice consolation prize. Self en-earth, command 2 grants Refia's dance of carnage, command 1 has ninja speed.

Geryon sounds just fantastic to try to CM. Let's throw an omni-resist boss at a realm that's half mage/ninja, that'll be great. \

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Wow, you stole all my luck, only one Rainbow for me. Yet another bow for Fran, but at least it's one I didn't have. Lightning Imperil isn't bad, as i didn't have it before, and I have two OSBs that can take advantage of it if nothing else.
    That's exactly my thoughts on the imperil pull as well. I continue my struggle to acquire Imperils, but it seems the game really doesn't want me acquiring many imperils. At least I've got Ashe's OSB and Shantotto's BSB to make good use of this.

Medica was far luckier a draw for me. I expected to get dupes since I had a rather high risk of it. But I went 3/11 and all of them were new. Larsa BSB, Sarah SSB and Vanille SSB. This gives me medicas for XIII and I, as well as yet another part of the holy Medica Trifecta. I'm happy with this pull.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Yep with 13 dupes on this banner and most of the rest downgrades, I skipped the medica banner. I am at 125 mithril right now, just enough to do tomorrow's lucky draw and two feet banners. I'm thinking of 4 and 5 but what's coming after?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

So Gilgamesh is down and CM'd.

It's a pretty straitforward fight, though that doesn't necessarily mean easy. He opens with Excalipoor, so you have that round to setup. He also loves AoE attacks: Hurricane (30% of your current HP), Some reasonably strong AoE physical that escapes me & Dayspring (which deals a "can't be mitigated" 2017 damage to the party).

Towards the end of the fight he goes into a Retaliate stance and starts countering all your physical attacks while under the triple threat of haste, protect & shell. You'll want either Greg's BSB (with it's dispel command) or to have someone carry dispel/banishing strike. This is also the DPS phase, because he starts throwing attacks out pretty willy-nilly.

Greg, Bartz, Galuf, Faris & Lenna stepped up to the plate and the end result was Lenna & Bartz left standing, 3 medals lost and one boss down.

G I L G A M E S H - Draw fire, Lifesiphon - Lionheart - MORPHIN' TIME, Strange Bedfellows
    Bartz - Lifesiphon, Lifesiphon - Ace Striker - Trueblade of Legend, Hand of the Crytals
    Galuf - Full Charge, Meteor Crash - Heroic Stance - none
    Faris - Full Break, Power Breakdown - Truthseeker - none in particular
    Lenna - Curaja, Protectga - Dr.Mog - Princess' Favour
    RW- Onion Knight: Vessel of Fate

Note that while you can't sentinel a lot of Boss!Greg's stuff with Morphing Time, it still proves useful when it does draw in a few attacks and lets you throw out your own. Plus that whole "non-elemental 2hit banishing strike" on his command 1.

Trueblade was useful, moreso then hand as it provides a defense boost, since this is a physical only fight.

Outside of that... Yeah. leave your Magic Breakdowns & Shellgas at home, prepare for some AoEs (instant-ko resist relics can help since they're gravity based) and be happy he basically gives you a round to prepare.

On that note, I am ready for that BSB Lucky Draw & the first banner. I've got 75 mythril in my pocket waiting to be spent.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, UltraGeryon was giving me a lot of hate (seriously, Slowga and mass debuffs? Not cool), and UltraGil was being particularly brutal as well. I haven't CM'ed either yet, but I think I'll give them both another try tomorrow, after the big BSB+ banner.

You remember that, right?

Yeah, I'mma hit that first. See if that solves a few problems.

EDIT: And on a whim, decided to try Geryon again. Won with 1 medal lost to actions, 2 to damage. Mastery get, CM get. My team:
    • Edge: Swift Bolt, Water Veil. Eblan Doppelganger. Dr. Mog's Teachings.
    • Palom: Thundaja, Waterja. Sorceress's Vow.
    • Golbez: Chain Thundaga, Chain Waterga. Twin Moon. Knight's Charge.
    • Porom: Curaja, Shellga. Sync. Mako Might.
    • Rosa: Ultra Cure, Magic Breakdown. Holy Ray. Healer's Prayer II.
    • RW: OK (Vessel of Fate).

Edge, Porom, and OK were all brought for their Hastega. And I needed them. Saved RW uses, however, until third phase - when weaknesses didn't work anymore. Because I have no SBs for Palom, he used RW, and spammed the Non multi-hit BLM command. Golbez broke out his BSB, which - while it didn't target a weakness - did solid damage, and protected him. And Porom and Rosa were on cures. Things got dicey when his Gas silenced Golbez and Porom, but that's what Ultra Cure is there for. And with ample Hastegas to go around, Cursed Elegy was rarely a hassle for long.

UltraGil is still punching through defenses like they're not even there, so I'm going to hold off on him until tomorrow. Still, progress is progress. Best of luck on everyone's pulls in the morning.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2017-06-23 at 11:40 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!