New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WANTED: Vigilante Justice

Ramsus rubbed away at the Etern(is)ally dirty glass with a rag, as bartenders are wont to do when they're just standing there waiting for something to happen.

((Both rakkoon and Duck were voting for them, so.... like? I dunno. It's about as good as I've got right now.))

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure I'm feeling Eternis, the reasoning feels off. Like, if you're right, that would be Eternis deliberately choosing people that voted for Eternis, and that's the kind of thing wolves avoid doing intentionally. Even if Eternis isn't too experienced as a wolf (which I'm sure on either way), I would imagine at least one wolf would see them revenge-killing people who voted them D1 and go "that feels like it'll put a target on you, buddy". My gut says that if Eternis is a wolf, the pattern you've seen is probably not what the kill was based on.

Until more votes come in and more thoughts emerge from the group as a whole, I think I'm just gonna leave a placeholder vote on Murska.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

I agree with this, the wolf killing the second person who voted for them feels like paiting a big target on themselves. And that's why I feel an experienced player jumping ont his conclusion feels just as off.
    Which is why I'm somewhat suspicious of Ramsus.
    especialy considering they voted for Duck yesterday.

Although the point could be made this could be if anything it's a point for Ramsus inocence. A wolf targeting at night someoen they tried to lynch the day before is pretty supicious move, therefore same logic apply an experience player would be less likely to do it but
    1) It still feel more likely than a wolf doing a revenge kill
    2)yesterday was day one and it was an isolated vote (as in not in a wagon) so the wolf might think it'll be pretty under the radar

I will change my vote if a more convincing candidate comes along.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2017-06-21 at 02:31 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

I feel like Eternis is a WIFOM situation. Because, see, killing Duck by way of protection would be very clumsy. But equally, that clumsiness could be deliberate- a "Why would I kill Duck, that would be obvious and stupid." And I feel like Vizzini, not the man in black. Both those goblets are poisoned, I'm not drinking either.

Lex-Kat had a throwaway vote on someone who almost certainly wasn't getting lynched. I've been nailed for doing that as a wolf before, it seems like it could be something. I'll happily change my vote if someone resents me with a more compelling case.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

I strongly suspect that the choice for N1 kill was largely random/picking a player who could do harm late game. I doubt that D1 votes would be sufficient to spook any wolf worth his salt.

Sooo... Smuchmuch?

To be change if I come up with anything better.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Ah, but I come from Australia- and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them!
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Ah, but I come from Australia- and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them!
    Just gonna leave this here.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-06-21 at 06:04 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sorry for not posting thus far; I've kept up with the thread but just didn't feel like casting a random vote or joining such a vagon.

Out of the votes casted thus far, I go with the one on Lex-Kat. I wouldn't give much weight on the thing that someone who voted Ramsus died, it was basically random votes on Day 1 and I don't think someone really appears as a threat for casting one.
    Last edited by Fuchur; 2017-06-21 at 01:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I trust lex kat, but you know who I dont trust and thats just a by product of so many games played Murska

((sorry for crap post and no real rp will post later))
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2017-06-21 at 03:20 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

A dusty, mangy horse gallops into town with an equally dusty and mangy man astride its saddle. Clouds of dust shoot up as he reins in the horse and quickly jumps down and approaches the circle of "I came straight from Sarsaparilla Junction as soon as I heard who had holed up with you fine folks. There's a saying where I come from that's saved more than a few of us. Sakes alive, it's saved my own life!" The man fumbles at a satchel on his waist and draws out a thin stone tablet, which he tenderly shows the crowd. On it are painstakingly chiseled images with vibrant colors marking each one. It's fairly obvious the common color they share.

Spoiler: Tablet Imagery
    Show

"We discovered that the bandits, especially the Head Bandit, can't help but show off, even if the typical innocent don't quite know what they're looking at. Ya gotta know how to look right, see? Now take that man over there. The man points to Murska. "See that smoky glow just kinda dancin' off of him like flames? That ain't the dawn breakin' over a hallowed soul. Quite the opposite, in fact. He just can't contain what a force of E.V.I.L. he truly is. Hell, if he had his way half the town would be bescumbered by now."

((Putting a little more pressure on Murska for when he shows up today. Also, do yourself a favor and don't look up bescumber. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #71
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

"Careful with that pistol, Annabelle...or should I say....Lex-Kat!" The figure said, glancing past the six-shooter to gaze into the distance. "In another when, another where...I served the law, one that was writ upon the top of every page." He shakes his head. "Now I'm just an unnamed hero, trying to bring some right to what got done wrong."

"Like that those two layin' cold on a slab. Your first shot missed me, but I reckon you made sure to shoot straight when you sidled up to the Duck in the night and killed him!"
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    "Careful with that pistol, Annabelle...or should I say....Lex-Kat!" The figure said, glancing past the six-shooter to gaze into the distance. "In another when, another where...I served the law, one that was writ upon the top of every page." He shakes his head. "Now I'm just an unnamed hero, trying to bring some right to what got done wrong."

"Like that those two layin' cold on a slab. Your first shot missed me, but I reckon you made sure to shoot straight when you sidled up to the Duck in the night and killed him!"
    This feels like an accusation with some evidence behind it, but also kinda feels like it could be a revenge vote. I'm tempted to move my vote, but I think I'll keep it on Murska for the moment until a clarification less steeped in RP makes the argument more clear.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. Yeah, sorry, I wasn't around near end of day yesterday to switch votes.

The stranger turns towards flat_footed, walking towards him from across the street. The crowd melts out of his way, as you do in fact notice a hint of green flames dancing across his coat, as if a promise of damnation to come. He stops, then performs a courtly bow.

"Ah, but as you know, bandits are just ordinary folk turned bad by circumstance or upbringing. There's no price on my head, for all that I am one of wealth and taste, friend."

Eternis, to see if that gets any traction.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Day 2 has ended! Night 2 will begin shortly

- - - Updated - - -

"Sheriff! Sheriff! Big news!"

"Yeah? Is it about that ruckus I heard earlier?"

"Shure 'nuff, Sheriff. Two strangers done had a shootout! Right there in th' cuss'd street! One'v 'em were a stranger from Sarsapariller Junction, th' other were some dude from New York or some such place. He's the one who got shot dead. That dude, I mean."

"What has this town come to, shootin' men in the street. He weren't even a blam'd bandit!"

"Maybe, Sheriff, but I swan that man was burnin' wit' a green all-fire like I never seen. Scared the piss out me, it did. Can't blame folk fer shootin' a man burnin' wit' green fire, can ye?"

Murska was killed. He was A Vigilante

Night 2 begins now and ends between 24-48 Hours
    (6/22 5:00GMT - 6/23 5:00GMT depending on activity)

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Ramsus
    Silent_Interim
    Iceseer
    Chambers
    Duck999 - Killed Night 1
    Fin
    Lex-Kat
    Thematthew
    flat_footed
    Smuchmuch
    Murska - Lynched Day 2
    Fuchur
    rakkoon - Lynched Day 1
    Sanity702
    Eternis
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2017-06-23 at 12:34 AM. Reason: "Fixed" grammar

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Posting this now in case I forget/die.

Sanity and flat_footed were key in saving Lex-Kat at Murska's (a villagers) expense. As far as voting analysis is concerned I want this on the record for tomorrow's voting.
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

16. - Top - End - #76

As far as I can tell both Murska and Lex-Kat got 3 votes, so it seems there's either a hidden ability that breaks ties or someone's vote counted twice, or someone's vote didn't count at all.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

What's the standard procedure for a vote tie? Aren't knife-in-the-boxes a thing?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchur View Post
    What's the standard procedure for a vote tie? Aren't knife-in-the-boxes a thing?
    If I recall correctly the person to reach that number of votes first is lynched

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It can vary from game to game. Usually it's first to reach it though.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    During every day phase, all players will vote in red for a living player to be lynched. The first player to receive the highest number of votes will be lynched.
    There is no vote manipulation or hidden powers in this game. Murska and Lex-Kat both had 3 votes, but Murska hit 3 first, so he was lynched.

21. - Top - End - #81

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

I will need to extend the night by 24 hours. Sorry for the delay.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Night 2 has ended! Day 3 will begin shortly

- - - Updated - - -

7:20AM, June 3rd

"Did you hear about Smuchmuch? Looks like them bandits got to 'im. Killed 'im in the middle o' th' night, they did."

"Ain't no honor in them folk, I tell ye what. But I'm surprised that they managed to get Smuchmuch. Weren't he mighty suspicious of them bandits breakin' in? I figger he'd be the last go be caught unawares, always carryin' that ol' six shooter wit' 'im."

"That's just it, he had that six shooter wit' 'im. It's jus' that bullets don' work so good when wet."

"Wet? Why'd they be wet?"

"He had it in the bath tub wit' 'im when they done shot 'im!"

Smuchmuch was killed. He was A Vigilante

Day 3 begins now and ends in approximately 48 Hours
    (6/28 5:00GMT)

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Ramsus
    Silent_Interim
    Iceseer
    Chambers
    Duck999 - Killed Night 1
    Fin
    Lex-Kat
    Thematthew
    flat_footed
    Smuchmuch - Killed Night 2
    Murska - Lynched Day 2
    Fuchur
    rakkoon - Lynched Day 1
    Sanity702
    Eternis

Thematthew, Eternis, Fin, and Lex-Kat must vote today or be Auto-Lynched

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

AvatarVecna cast an eye towards the small crowd of people more busy playin' poker than searching for bandits, but dismissed them for the moment; others more loyal to this town would take their place if they squandered their time too much. He tipped his hat to the bartender as he passed by, and looked around for somebody that'd caught his attention the other day.

"Sanity, a moment of your time." It sounded like a request, but it wasn't, not really. "You seemed awfully busy yesterday when Murska was twistin' in the breeze, said you'd have more time to think about stuff later, but later never came. I ain't here to accuse you o' nothin', but I'd sure appreciate hearing anything you've got to say. What I can tell, you've got some experience with this kinda stuff, and...well, bein' honest, this town's been far more quiet during the day than the night, and I'd like that t' change. You feel me?"

OOC under the line: we've got three replacements for the four autolynches, and people who auto are probably not wolves since wolves would be invested, so even though I wanna hear more from people I'm fine not poking them for the moment. Of the non-auto-threats, I've got a couple suspicions, but nothing super-strong, so I'm poking Sanity to see if they've got anything more substantial than they did before (which was little more than the same "nobody trusts Murska" that a lot of people had going yesterday).
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-06-26 at 01:20 AM.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Eternis found the time to post during the day, but not to vote.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't expect to die so soon.Fun narration, thanks. Well uless someone resurect me with a medical bag, good luck to town, have fun, guys.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2017-06-26 at 07:57 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    I strongly suspect that the choice for N1 kill was largely random/picking a player who could do harm late game. I doubt that D1 votes would be sufficient to spook any wolf worth his salt.

Sooo... Smuchmuch?

To be change if I come up with anything better.
    Dunyerr I voted yesterday please don't Auto lynch me!!

Also Sanity for today based of what I said through the night phase

EDIT: Just wanted to add if I were a Wolf and the names I stated last night were villagers I would definitely have killed me as a frame up. I'm alive so perhaps I'm not a million miles off
    Last edited by Fin; 2017-06-26 at 11:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Ramsus looked around his bar. The usuals were there. There was a game of cards going on in the corner. All was well with the world. Aside from all those murders. As long as those bandits didn't come into his bar things would be fine. If they did though, they'd find out why you don't mess with the bartender the hard way.

I think Fin's post last night was the first solid reasoning I've heard so, I'll hop on the Sanity wagon.

I'd like to counter-point AV's reasoning about the auto-lynching people with stating that I've seen wolves auto-lynch too. We shouldn't soft clear people for meta stuff like that.

29. - Top - End - #89

OOC: Ramsus, are you role-claiming Barkeep or is that just RP?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Just RP. Unless it isn't. But it probably is. Or is it?

As a note, I very often RP as a bartender in games where there's RP and I can't think up anything else in particular. Don't think I've been a Barkeep role in any of those.