1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: WANTED: Vigilante Justice

Mafia wins.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

(Not necessarily ? It could be villager bought a deringer and used it at the same time that the wolves were issuing a kill at which point it might be a 50%/50% chance or am I missing something ?)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchur View Post
    Mafia wins.
    So you won?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

"Sheriff's dead, Chambers' dead, gol darned whole town's dead enough, an' we still haven't seen hide nor hair o' that blam'd Mad Mac."

"Well, pardner, I'd say it's time to pack up an' head out. Worston's gone. It's just Mac's territory now."

"We still have a chance, right? Duck, you've got yerself a gun, right?"

"Well, can't say that I don't."

"Well, we can fight 'em! Run 'em out of our town!"

"Maybe you didn't hear me quite right. I said this was Mac's territory. Mac an' his gang."

"But we could likely find some guns in the Sheriff's office."

"Mac and his gang, Logic. An I keep what's mine."

"Duck... You?"

Logic was killed. He was A Vigilante

The Bandits have won!
    Thanks for playing!

Ramsus - Lynched Day 4 - BANDIT!
    Duck999 (Silent_Interim) - BANDIT!
    rakkoon (Iceseer)
    Chambers - Killed Night 4 - The Barkeep
    Duck999 - Killed Night 1
    Fin
    AvatarVecna - Killed Night 5 - The Sheriff
    Logic (Lex-Kat) - Killed Night 6
    Thematthew - Lynched Day 5 - BANDIT!
    flat_footed - Killed Night 3
    Smuchmuch - Killed Night 2
    Murska - Lynched Day 2
    Fuchur - HEAD BANDIT!
    rakkoon - Lynched Day 1
    Sanity702 - Lynched Day 3
    Tom the Mime (Eternis) - Lynched Day 6

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Congrats to the bandits.

Couple of notes about the game. One, unless the money was meant to be a red herring, the mechanic doesn't really seem to work without more money per bandit and possibly just more players. Even late game, you'd be hard pressed to split the vote in few enough ways to make even buying a derringer possible. If people agreed, it might be possible to organise a low number of votes on each player near the start but it seems too little gain for how easy it could be to manipulate for the bandits. Still worked as a mostly vanilla game so no issues for playability though.

Also, it must have been tempting to just end the game N3 with 3 autolynch replacements for town when it was lynch or lose. Not the way you want it to end but it can be an awkward time to replace someone (it seemed to work out though).
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Thanks for the game, I had a great time. Congrats to the bandits. Look like this town wasn't big enough for the both of us...

For those curious, here were my Barkeep night targets:
    N1: Eternis
    N2: Lex-Kat
    N3: Ramsus
    N4: Fin
    Last edited by Chambers; 2017-07-15 at 06:21 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Good game. I feel the money mechanic was interesting, but it really created a snowball effect. Basically it rewarded town extra for killing wolves, which would have caused an instant win for town if there was really much more money per bandit. If town could have afforded derringers, the network (plus one member they feel they could trust) would have just shot everyone that wasn't them after I got lynched. And, if they chose wrong on who to trust, it still would have been possible to have just one wolf left and lynch it, because the wolves would not have been able to kill both Logic and AV so as long as one of the two remaining wolves got killed we would have been a 3 way lylo with one person knowing exactly who to not trust and the other townsfolk being absolutely willing to trust them.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

As always, loved the narrations.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Congrats for the Bandits, at least I helped kill two of them
    And then they slaughtered us

Spoiler
    Show

"Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Good game. Fun narration.
    But I hav to agree the money system didn'tseem to make mch of a difference, nor can I see how it would evenif thing have played differently. You really need more money per bandit and/or more players for it to be relevant, I think

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

I had fun with this one. I enjoy being in a Team Town network as far as I am concerned that is the meat of WW games.

Sadly we couldn't zone in on another wolf and I couldn't pull that last lynch off of Tom.

Great game Duneyrr
    Last edited by Fin; 2017-07-16 at 04:08 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

If there's a mistake I made in this game, it's that when I took a huge risk and told two un-networked players that I was the seer with two wolf scries, that I didn't go all in on my gamble and tell them my villager scry after I turned out to survive the night. N1, I scried Thematthew; wolf. N2, I scried Ramsus; wolf. N3, I scried Tom the Mime, and at the last second, sent a PM to Fin and Logic telling them "In case I don't survive the night, Thematthew and Ramsus are wolves". From there, I planned some things out with each of the three individually, when really I should've networked Fin and Logic completely; if it was a mistake to network, it had been a mistake to contact them in the first place and I was screwed anyway. I attribute this lack of trust to a couple things - seeing Logic PMing but not receiving a PM when he finished (indicating PMs to others) and Fin arguing that Ramsus could potentially be the Seer and I was the Fool - but that doesn't change that when I took a big risk, the way I acted afterwards by refusing to fully network people and plan things out minimized the rewards involved.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    If there's a mistake I made in this game, it's that when I took a huge risk and told two un-networked players that I was the seer with two wolf scries, that I didn't go all in on my gamble and tell them my villager scry after I turned out to survive the night. N1, I scried Thematthew; wolf. N2, I scried Ramsus; wolf. N3, I scried Tom the Mime, and at the last second, sent a PM to Fin and Logic telling them "In case I don't survive the night, Thematthew and Ramsus are wolves". From there, I planned some things out with each of the three individually, when really I should've networked Fin and Logic completely; if it was a mistake to network, it had been a mistake to contact them in the first place and I was screwed anyway. I attribute this lack of trust to a couple things - seeing Logic PMing but not receiving a PM when he finished (indicating PMs to others) and Fin arguing that Ramsus could potentially be the Seer and I was the Fool - but that doesn't change that when I took a big risk, the way I acted afterwards by refusing to fully network people and plan things out minimized the rewards involved.
    Curse your great acting Ramsus!

Like I said in thread though it didn't make sense but it definately created enough doubt to talk it through with AV.

Also knowing Tom was innocent earlier would have been helpful
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

The narrations were great. I wish I had contributed a bit more to the RP that was going on.

I have to echo the "NEED MOAR MONEY" sentiment.

I am curious what rules deliberation was going on in the background. I assume it has to do with parity?

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I attribute this lack of trust to a couple things - seeing Logic PMing but not receiving a PM when he finished (indicating PMs to others).
    Wait, what did I do? Could you elaborate? You have my permission to share my PMs as required to establish your point.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-07-17 at 12:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

and Fin arguing that Ramsus could potentially be the Seer and I was the Fool -
    There was no fool role listed in the roles list AND the narrator openly stated there weren't hidden roles
    ... you guys are so used to games getting overcomplicatedand full of hidden twists that you overthought this into shooting yourself in the foot. It's actualy kind of a little bit funny
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2017-07-17 at 02:46 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    There was no fool role listed in the roles list AND the narrator openly stated there weren't hidden roles
    ... you guys are so used to games getting overcomplicatedand full of hidden twists that you overthought this into shooting yourself in the foot. It's actualy kind of a little bit funny
    To be fair, once Duneyrr said there was no hidden roles we ruled it out and I was happy AV was definitely the Seer.

That was when I started to go heavy on Ramsus in a futile bid to get someone to stick up for him thinking we might waver

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Wait, what did I do? Could you elaborate? You have my permission to share my PMs as required to establish your point.
    At the time I sent the PM, I was also checking out people's profiles, refreshing every few minutes to see what they were up to - and a number of people in the game who were visible online at the time were PMing after I sent the PM, including (IIRC) you. I originally assumed you were PMing me back, but then you stopped PMing without my having received one. It wasn't until a later "Logic is private messaging someone" that I received one, so I was paranoid and thought the people I'd confided in were talking behind my back. Silly, as it turned out - wolves would talk via the QT, not PM - but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    I'm aware that there was no Fool role, although I wasn't aware of the narrator's stating of "no hidden roles". Ultimately, I didn't believe that Ramsus was the fool, but they did a good enough job pretending that I was having doubts near the end. Still, I stuck to my guns, not backing off, and was proven right. I only mentioned Fin's arguments that he could be the Fool as a reason I suspected that Fin might be a wolf (since if they were contacted by somebody claiming seer and accusing their wolf friend of being a wolf, only for said wolf friend to also claim seer, they might try and muddy the water by putting forth the idea that maybe we're both sort of seers).

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

My biggest regret was not paying enough attention. I was sure I had pointed on Day 2. But I looked, and nope, I deserved to get auto'd. No better replacement than Logic though.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

This was how thematthew got the hunch of AV being sheriff:

Quote Originally Posted by thematthew
    I don't see where Ramsus said why he thought AV is not the sheriff (on the contrary, I saw his 'gut feeling' that AV is a power role).

The chances of Rakkon being the Sheriff is incredibly low. Iceseer got autolynched and had no interaction during day or night phases where he was auto'd.

TtM was also an auto'd player (Eternis), who was actually active around the time they auto'd though it still seems less likely.

Logic has also stated that he was informed of my banditry at the same time that he was informed of Ramsus's (possibly to throw us off, but I don't want to get into WIFoM arguments right now) which would indicate that either AV was arbitrarily trusted or is the seer based on secret handshakes with Logic. Also the fact that he immediately responded to Ramsus's fake seer claim with a vote.

Pretty much I see two trains of scries this game:
    AV: Me/Ramsus, the other, Logic -> network up to 2 and getting people lynched. Fin is scried night 4, building the network to a point where they can try to use shady tactics to win the game.

TtM: Logic/AV, the other, Ramsus -> lynch Ramsus, scry me -> lynch me. The only reason I don't see this as the right path is that AV, Fin, Logic, and Rakkoon all voted for me together, starting with Fin which would make the network having added an uncleared member to their plans and then tried to ppull the plan of maximizing the prize pool with 2 uncleared people. Seems way too risky to me.

As such, the most likely seer is AV by my estimates, with Fin and Logic as their network.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

No better replacement than Logic though.
    That's overly generous.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe just a little. A smidge. But not really too overly generous.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody