Hey guys

Question:
Please note this is ran on Windows. I got a program that has a batch file transformed into an application file I *should* be able to run. It does run but I have problems. I don’t think it is a programming problem but a permissions problem. The initial problem I had was that it gave me the error saying the “output.out” and “error.out” files were not able to be located.

I made sure that the input file was on the correct path.
I changed permission to full control. Or so I think. This is a work network setting, and I may not have all the permissions I think I do. But it didn’t give me any errors when I changed it.

After I did both of those things, the file runs, and gives me this error saying the “error.out” file is not able to be located. It now created the “output.out” file, but not the “error.out” file. Please note: I checked the output file and I get one line of numbers before it stops.

I manually added in the error file. I ran the executable. It runs, but then just closes. I check my files, and my “error.out” file is deleted. I check my “output.out” file and I now have two lines of code before it stops.

If I try to run it again, it goes back to saying “error.out” file cannot be found till I create the error file again. I tried this on a different computer with the same results.

So now, I’m peeved this isn’t working probably. This isn’t my code, but I’ve coded before, and know enough to make my way around and mess with it. I went into the file and pull out this tidbit (below). Deleted it entirely. I checked through all the different pieces of code, and this was the only place I found this. There is a linux version as well which I left in. The machine I’m using runs windows.

#ifdef _WIN32
system("del output.out");
system("del error.out");
#endif

After pulling those 4 lines out, I ran it again, and it still deletes the error file!

I tried purposefully messing up the initial conditions where the file shouldn’t run at all but spit out an error saying something is wrong. It just crashes on me. Any ideas that I could try. I’m out of ideas at this point.

Another problem, which idk if it is a problem or not is this: When I try running the make/batch file, I get this error. It’s really fast and just closes. I managed to hit printscreen fast enough to get a copy of it. Gfortran.exe is a linux system not a windows system. Is that causing the other problems I’m seeing.

I should note: another person said they managed to get it to work after messing with permissions a bit, but when I asked them to show me, they couldn’t because they already gave away the laptop they got it working on.