New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Ffg Star Wars force powers question

I'm to be running an Edge/F&D mixed game. I have both cores. My question is in regards to the Unleash power. This is essentially for the main Nemesis of the game. Part of their M.O. that I have in mind is that they can manipulate energy say like breathing fire via the Unleash power, unless there is another power that fits that concept better or I'm otherwise thinking of a jury-rigged flame projector on a mask.

Any help towards either a more fitting power or better way to get this concept down is greatly appreciated. The Nemesis is referred to as The Dragon, if that helps.
    Last edited by DMJack; 2017-06-09 at 09:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Ffg Star Wars force powers question

How about they focus on drawing heat from their surroundings causing it become obviously colder then release it as if breathing fire literally releasing all that absorbed heat in one go?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    How about they focus on drawing heat from their surroundings causing it become obviously colder then release it as if breathing fire literally releasing all that absorbed heat in one go?
    That sounds interesting. Hopefully Unleash is the right power for what I have in mind. I like thr idea of drawing out the heat from the surrounding environment

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unleash is absolutely the correct power for that!

FFG is really good about making their Force powers general. Unleash is, at its core, about using the Force to make an energy attack. While obviously everyone things about Sidious and his Force Lightning, the description also mentions using the power to attack with "blasts of withering cold," and I think they might even mention fire.

Point is, other than the fact that it is specifically energy damage, Unleash make no distinction on what kind of energy. Your Inquisitor will be the talk of the town with her trick !
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Unleash is absolutely the correct power for that!

FFG is really good about making their Force powers general. Unleash is, at its core, about using the Force to make an energy attack. While obviously everyone things about Sidious and his Force Lightning, the description also mentions using the power to attack with "blasts of withering cold," and I think they might even mention fire.

Point is, other than the fact that it is specifically energy damage, Unleash make no distinction on what kind of energy. Your Inquisitor will be the talk of the town with her trick !
    Awesome. Thank you!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah, Unleash is the right choice. And that's a great idea (with the dragon and all) so can I steal it for my game, please?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Yanecky View Post
    Yeah, Unleash is the right choice. And that's a great idea (with the dragon and all) so can I steal it for my game, please?
    Heh heh Thanks and sure go for it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have in fact used this for an actual dragon in one of my games before, so while not a completely unique idea, that just shows how awesome it is .
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!