New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Formatting issues - HMTL tags jumping to the front of the text in a post.

I've started to see issues cropping up when I try to format, usually when hyperlinking text. When I highlight the text and hit the hyperlink button, the prompt comes up fine to insert the URL, but when I hit the OK button, the HTML tags will be in very front of the post's text instead of having wrapped around the text I wanted. It's intermittent, and I haven't been able to find any pattern to it, but it's happened on both my desktop and my phone (which is set to view desktop site, not mobile), so while I don't completely discount it, I am led to believe it's not me doing something wrong. I've also had this issue with the bold, italics, and image tags.

Using Vivaldi on my desktop, and whatever the stock browser is on Samsung Edge 6+.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2017-06-12 at 05:31 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Formatting issues - HMTL tags jumping to the front of the text in a post.

Just had it happen again, hyperlinking text to youtube. After a few experiments, it seems as if I delete the "http://" that is in the hyperlink text box, it triggers the issue, but if I highlight the "http://" and overwrite it with the link, it works fine. So it seems as if there's a simple workaround, but it's still an issue.

ETA: Other functions, like italics, strikethrough, and quote have no workaround; I have to simply try again until it wraps around the highlighted text, and delete the tags that jump to the very front of the body.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2017-06-24 at 04:07 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2