New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Slaves in the Empire of the Drowning Sun [IC]

Oromus, Mercenary Slave
    Level 12 Fighter/Ranger/Genericist | Def:21, DR 22/Adamantite | HP: 198/198

Oromus looks around and smells the air, "Hmmm, that smell is familiar. I wonder....." Oromus then goes to get a better vantage point in the city, by the edge if he can, to see out from it.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Āita turns, frowning as she looks towards the sound. <"Raphael, can you reach those docks with one of your teleportation effects?"> she asks, speaking Sylvan once again.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Salvos, Scale-Speaker
    Level 12 Druid/Stalker/Soldier| AC:26, DR 6/Adamantine | HP: 116/116

"Oromus, report immediately. Oromus?!"

When he receives no reply he tries again, becoming increasingly frustrated as he hears nothing from the other side.

"... If he was in that village when it disappeared... He could be anywhere. Take us back to the Material plane, Arawn. There is little we can do now."

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-02-16 at 01:15 AM.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arawn nods, "Okay then, brace yourself. Fair warning, this could be problematic. We're likely to end up a few hundred miles off of course again, probably landing us into the open ocean. I had intended for Raphael to afterwards teleport us back to the island, but as he is not here..."

Arawn gathers himself, takes hold of Salvos, and pushes out, his psyche seeking the material plane, and the island they had recently left.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (4d100)[314] That many miles in a random direction. Here's hoping it isn't in the middle of a pack of high powered slavers...
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-16 at 02:29 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nodding as Aita asks her question Raphael holds out his hand and also places a hand on Justinians shoulder. As soon as she touches him he teleports them to the docks.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Raphael and Friends
    Suddenly appearing on the docks where Justinian's ship was moored, the three onlookers are greeted with the sight of a town, or part of one at least, floating on the water nearby Dorn's Rest!
    "Captain!" shouts Justinian's first mate, "I swear it just appeared there! We had nothing ta do with it!"
    The town is close enough that one could possibly swim there, though it looks deserted from this distance.

Oromus
    It takes a little bit of time to figure out the streets but Oromus does indeed find the edge and sees the blue ocean stretching out as far as the eye can see. The voices continue to follow him and a single realization begins to spread among them.
    "I can't see my hands!"
    "So much pain..."
    "I can't be-"
    "Dead! I'm dead!"
    "No, no, no! I have so much to live for!"
    Hazy figures begin to form within the streets and within the windows. A few even come through the walls.

Salvos and Arawn
    Utter darkness greets the two travelers for a brief moment before a soft red light coming from an absolutely massive crystal gives light to what appears to be a circular chasm that stretches above and below for what seems to be forever.
    "Interesting that you should come here," says a man's voice from the darkness, "it would seem you are quite far from where you wish to be."
    The stones beneath your feet seem to echo the man's voice, making it impossible to tell where the owner is.
    "However, I'm willing to aid in your escape so long as you are willing to grant me a boon in return."
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arawn turns around, trying to perceive any details he can, "Forgive me, but I am not particularly inclined to make ill defined deals with unknown beings. Perhaps you would care to introduce yourself?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #758

Lizardfolk

Salvos, Scale-Speaker

A deep, low growl begins from the depths of Salvos's throat, and he turns on Arawn with a savage rasp.

"First one of our number is left behind, and then you bring us here? So you can bandy words with the lord of whatever this blasted place is? What sort of game are you playing?!"

He then raises his voice, calling into the inscrutable void.

"I will make no bargain with an honorless cur who refuses to show his face!"
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-02-20 at 03:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arawn is more than a little concerned at Salvos' reaction, saying quietly for his benefit, "I cannot say a game is not being played, but I can assure you I am not the one behind it. I told you planewalking was not an accurate ability, though I had hardly imagined we'd end up in some place like this. It must be relatively near the island, probably underground. It may also not be prudent to antagonize our host until sure they deserve it."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-20 at 10:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760

Kaya notes Raphael's nod in response to Āita's query and quickly places a hand on his arm to allow herself to be included in the teleportation with the others.

She stares in surprise at the island for a moment before turning to Raphael. "Would it be too much to ask of you to take me back for a moment so I can inform Captain Chadwick about what has apparently happened? And then I think we all may have a town to visit..."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It is never too much to ask." And with that they pop back to Captain Chadwick's location so she can deliver the news. Once that is done he takes them both back to the beach.
    I like the globe warm...

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Āita remains standing on the beach for some time when Raphael and the Peacekeeper vanish from sight, leaning on her staff and peering out towards this town curiously. When the pair return, she speaks, "I wonder if they have a problem with damp homes.". A moment of silence, then she glances at the others with a smirk. "I wonder if Captain Justinian would be so kind as to let us borrow a boat?"

13. - Top - End - #763

Returning back to the troop, Kaya quickly finds Captain Chadwick again. " Captain, the explosion was an island. A new island, perhaps a quarter mile to sea from the far docks. There is a town visible from shore, but I could not make out any inhabitants.
    Unless you've other orders, we are planning on making our way to the town immediately.

And who knows, maybe this new development will make the mages less grumpy. Or more grumpy, but not directed at us. I'm reasonably fine with either...
    "

After waiting to hear the Captain's response, Kaya smiles and offers Raphael her hand for the return trip.

14. - Top - End - #764

Justinian

Justinian stood, staring at the new island for a moment. After Raphael and Kaya departed again, he glanced down at Aita and said, "Y'know, my life was far less strange before I met Raphael. Just swashbuckling against slavers and imperials and sailing the seas, mostly. Sorta makes me think he's some sort of lodestone for weird stuff like this." With a shrug, he shouted over to his first mate, Welf, "Ready a rowboat! We're going to check the island out."
    Last edited by ChrisAsmadi; 2018-02-20 at 08:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Āita smirks as she looks back at Justinian. "Don't you work for an Immortal King who rules a plane beyond mortal understanding?" she asks, pointing to the flag atop Justinian's vessel.

16. - Top - End - #766

Justinian

Justinian grinned, "His grandson, technically. To make a long story short, outsiders - that's true outsiders, mind you, not someone like me - find the mortal experience fascinating, and pacts like mine allow them to experience it. Thus, I adventure. With a shrug, he added, "And, occasionally, act as the King's emissary, whenever he needs a scoundrel to cause problems."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Āita smiles. "Well, as a grandmother, I'm sure he's proud, Justinian." she says, kindly. "And must be rather pleased with the rollercoaster of experience you're getting at the moment. It's hard for us Uldra to keep focused on something, y'know. Even a glacier like me feels the twinge. But that's the good thing about lodestones for trouble. They make life worth living."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Oromus, Mercenary Slave
    Level 12 Oracle/Sorcerer/Mage | Def:26, DR/18 Ada(30 with spells) | HP: 138/138

Oromus did not know what to make of this city, or where this little island city ended up. Either it was the material plane.....or some sort of water plane. As he looked out into the ocean, and heard the voices, he noticed two things. One, there seems to be some type of figures that are coming to life. There are hazy figures everywhere and from the sounds of it, they do not know they're dead. But for some reason Oromus was not yet afraid.

The second thing he noticed was about himself. Something was.....different. He could sense power within himself, similar to the power and connection he had with nature, but it was very different. And a lot more powerful. He could feel arcane powers course through his veins....it was unnerving. He didn't know what to do. Oromus uses his instincts and points a finger out in front of him. The little orbs sprout to life in front of him, floating. The kind of dance with each other, and Oromus is a little bit astounded. He uses his hand to move them, and they follow his command. He sways them back and forth, making them do little loop-de-loops and bounce here and there. He then shoots them straight up into the sky to see how far they can go. They end up traveling quite far, over 200ft, in a manner of seconds. He then uses them like a kite, dancing them in the sky with each other. After some moments, he points down, and they shoot back down to just in front of him. Oromus smiles and nods, waving a hand and dismissing them.

He knew powers, he's had them for years, but these seems to be different. Oromus closes his eyes and searches his powers, and thankfully finds what he is looking for. He focuses on it and the person he wants it to contact. He then opens up a channel and speaks through is powers. Salvos. I am on the material plane, I think. I am....different. Something happened to me coming back. Where are you? Well I hope. He then waits for an answer back, hope Salvos made his way back to the Material Plane when he saw the island disappear......if that is, in fact, where Oromus is at the moment.

While he waits Oromus walks through the streets seeing, what he thinks now are, the voices he's hearing coming into existence. He does his best to calm them. "My name is Oromus and I am sorry that you are having to come to terms with your existence. I believe you are, indeed, deceased. I am sorry if you are frightened or in pain, but I want to help you pass over and be at peace." Without even meaning it, power starts to come out with his words and tries to have a calming effect on all the beings around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Calm emotions, "as an accident" for flavor. Don't know if it will even work on them, but a 20ft radius around me is the area the spells affects. Wil save, DC 20

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Salvos and Arawn
    "I assure you I have no ill will towards either of you. As a gesture of good will-"
    Something falls from above and a sickening crunch echoes off of the stones. It turns out to be a man, probably no older than Kaya, his neck obviously broken and several other parts broken or shattered.
    "-let's meet face to face."
    Miraculously the man is speaking, a bemused smile gracing his handsome features. Snaps and cracks sound out sharply from his body as he stands up. A sword clatters noisily from his side as he rises.
    "Greetings, my name is Baldur. Better known as the Godslayer. I am very doubtful there is much you could do to aggravate me. I have been here for quite some time."
    Salvos can feel a buzzing in his mind, almost as if someone were trying to contact him. The sensation disappears just as quickly and the two are left once more with this strange man.

Oromus
    Despite his efforts, the spirits of the dead do not seem to acknowledge his existence, seemingly lost in their own misery and despair. Quite a few whirl about the air, whipping past his nose and hooves. His wanderings do bring him to the other side of the town and he sees the familiar cliffs of Dorn's Rest, Justinian's ship moored on one of the docks.

Dorn's Rest
    No sooner does Justinian give the order than the boat is provided.
    "Make sure ya come back to us in one piece cap'n!"
    Unbeknownst to any of them, lights play about in the sky. Yet, the sun and glittering waters do much to conceal the whimsical sight.
    Show
    Sorry, the lights get a footnote but with the distance they're at and it being daytime I'm saying it doesn't work to attract attention.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arawn's hammer appears in his hand by reflex as the... undead? broken immortal? falls from above. But he hesitates in lifting it.

"You... look like you have an interesting story. What is this place?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-21 at 07:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Having notably not let go of Kaya's hand Raphael says to Aita, "It would appear the good Captain has secured your boat to take to the island, shall we make our way there as well?" He extends his other hand down to Aita and Justinian and when they take it teleports them to the new island.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2018-02-23 at 05:21 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

22. - Top - End - #772

Lizardfolk

Salvos, Scale-Speaker

Spoiler: Knowledge Roll?
    Show
    Knowledge History: Who or what is the Godslayer, and what/who did he slay? [roll]1d20+11 [/roll]

Eyeing the sword at the man's side warily, Salvos descends into a cautious bow. Even if he doesn't show it, he is somewhat impressed how the man ignores his devastating injuries. Perhaps some trickery is at work, but if not it is an admirable feat.

"... Hrmph. Salvos of Wyvara. You don't seem to have the capability to heal yourself, and yet you stand regardless of broken limb and body... My honour compels me to ask the terms of your so-called bargain."

23. - Top - End - #773

Justinian

Moments before he grabbed Raphael's hand, Justinian shouted out to the two crewmen in the rowboat - a pair of burly dwaves - "Take the boat to the beach on the close side of the island, and be wary!"

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

The Island
    Just as everyone teleports away, stamping feet on the docks announce the arrival of some newcomers. It is only when the group of explorers is on the other island that they can see quite a few figures approaching the rowboat. It doesn't take long before one of the dwarves gets out of the rowboat and disappears into the crowd, knocking the figures down like tenpins.
    Oromus can just as easily see this sight, but is interrupted as something appears near his flanks without any warning.

Show
    I'm just hand-waving it that Raphael managed to teleport almost on top of Oromus.

Salvos and Arawn
    Salvos has no recollection of a Godslayer ever being mentioned in even the oldest of texts, let alone someone claiming to be THE Godslayer.
    "I do indeed have a story, but it would be much too long for your lifespan to recount it in detail. As for the bargain," he drawls, "I wish for you to give this token to the one you call Raphael."
    He reaches into his tunic and pulls out what appears to be a talisman of some kind. It seems to be made of silver and onyx, though the figures on it are quite worn and almost impossible to make out.
    "Tell him that Kaz Al'Dorn has met the master and now wishes to meet the dog, do this and I'll aid you in escaping."
    He then returns his attention to Arawn.
    "As to what this place is, this is my prison and the lock for yours. If you're meaning which plane, I'll cut to the chase: The Plane of Water."

Spoiler: In case you're thinking about Knowledge checks on the talisman...
    Show
    It's not going to work. It doesn't fit any arcane, historic, planar, or religious lore your characters would know about.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arawn's eyes narrow in thought as the... thing before him speaks. "Does the plane of water have something to do with the barrier I have encountered entering and leaving the prime material? That could explain much, including the unusual phenomena we have been dealing with on our world. If elements from the plane of water are seeping through due to a forced spatial proximity..." He turns to Salvos, an excited tone in his voice, "Every time before that I've traveled the planes, it was like I had to punch through another plane in order to reach my actual destination. It never made sense before, but what if that is literally what I've had to do, I had to go through the plane of water, which is acting as a barrier between our world and everything else."

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

The Godslayer
    "HAHAHAHA! I find that theory quite amusing!"
    The man continues to chuckle, but there is no mirth.
    "No, this is not the Prime Material Plane. It is lost to those imprisoned here. Your inaccuracy lies in the idea that the Plane of Water is simply a barrier. It is we who are intruders. Even now, the effects of what you term the Shattering rips away innocents to this realm."
    He once again becomes serious as he focuses on the two.
    "Now I ask again, do we have a bargain?"
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Āita opens her mouth to explain something, when quite suddenly her world is transported again, and she jumps around to, yet again, be faced with a wall of Centaur flank. She steps back, head twisting to look at the more polite end of the centaur, and her features break into a wide, and relieved smile. "Oromus, child, you are here! And unharmed!"

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arawn frowns, "I... see" That too made sense, in a horrifying way. The islands and people here were just detritus, cast adrift from their home. Was their anything left of their home world? Or had it all been torn to pieces?

He hesitantly extends his hand, "I agree, I will offer this to Raphael and deliver your message. But before we go, I have many questions, if you are willing to indulge an amusing fool like me."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Oromus, Mercenary Slave
    Level 12 Oracle/Sorcerer/Mage | Def:26, DR 18 Ada (30 with spells) | HP: 138/138

Oromus is a little startled by his friends just appearing out of nowhere behind him, but he keeps his legs in check and doesn't kick them in the heads. He smiles at Āita's greeting and responds in kind. "Hello to yourself, Grandmother, and to all. Yes, I am unharmed, as far as I can tell, though something is......different......about me. I think my trip to the Astral plane, and interaction with these spirits, somehow changed me. I......I have new abilities that I've never had before." As if to demonstrate, he points his finger in a direction where there are no ghosts, or his friends, in the way and lets loose with some magic. An air of biting cold energy flows from his finger and freezes a nearby barrel. "Grandmother, I've never had access to these kinds of magics before. Just the natural magics of the world. This feels more......powerful."

Oromus looks down at his hand, a little bit worriedly to those that may catch it, and continues. "I happened upon the plane, found some interesting information as well while I was there concerning the Shattering, and then this Island just appeared from no where. I went to investigate it, and I heard voices....they were in pain, confused, afraid. It was as if they did not know they were dead. Even still they are trapped in an existence that is some form of limbo. I have yet to investigate much, as I got transported here. I also know that Slavos and Arawn were with me on the plane, but I was not able to meet up with them, as I got transported here before we could meet up. I tried to contact Savlos through my new powers, but he never said anything back. I do not know if he got my message."

Oromus looks around him a bit worried. "I think I can try and find him through my new powers, but I need to find the right supplies. For I do not have them all with me, currently."

Spoiler
    Show

@Tsun - just a note, something that is now always activated for Oromus is his new Eldritch Vision power from his bloodline, description below

At 9th level, you gain magical vision that grants you the ability to see invisible opponents including those that may be ethereal. This effect is constant, though you may voluntarily drop or restart the effect as a move action. Otherwise it operates as the See Invisibility spell. You also gain a +4 bonus versus Illusions and are allowed a saving throw when you first encounter the illusion if it is of the Figment or Glamer subschools.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

30. - Top - End - #780

Lizardfolk

Salvos, Scale-Speaker

"... Your terms are acceptable, so long as you hold to your end of the bargain. Ancestors witness me, I will see this delivered to Raphael."