Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Amigos SC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Three Amigos SC

Spoiler: Feralas
    Show
    It is an overcast, autumn day and you sit peacefully, meditating in your grove outside of the city of Cauldron. Lightfoot rests at your side. As your meditation for the day draws to a close, Obad-Hai begins to speak to you.
    "My faithful Feralas. Your time in my grove has come to an end. An evil presence looms in the city of Cauldron that I cannot discern.
    You and Lightfoot must go. It is time for you to reunite with your brother, and put a stop to this evil. I will bestow upon you a great gift before you go, so that Lightfoot will always be at your side."

You open your eyes, and where Lightfoot once laid, a statue of a wolf has taken his place. You touch the statue in a panic. "Lightfoot?" Smoke appears and Lightfoot emerges from the statue.
    (Think Drizzt. Can call upon and return Lightfoot as a standard action. When he is in the statue, he is with Obad-Hai recovering. He can recover 2 HP per hour)

Spoiler: Arllen
    Show
    You are in the tower of the powerful wizard Leonus, where you continue to study the ways of the wizard. As you and Leonus are studying in the library, Leonus faints. As he comes to, he looks at you in horror.
    "My boy, you must return to Cauldron at once. I sense a great evil has just awoken. Take what I have taught you, and protect your family. Before you leave, I have a present for you.
    Leonus pulls an empty pocket out of his robes and places it on the inside of yours. Without needle and thread, the pocket instantly adheres to the inside of your robes. "Touch your chest, where I put the pocket"
    You touch your chest and a toad appears in your pocket.
    This is your familiar. Treat him with respect and he will help you in your time of need. You may call him and release him from your pocket at anytime. Now go and find your brother in Cauldron."
    With that, you are instantly teleported to Cauldron.
    (Your pocket can call and return your toad as a free action. He will recover 2 HP per hour that he is gone.)

Spoiler: Arrwin
    Show
    You are the smallest of your class. You stand at attention, waiting for the next training exercise. You have much to prove. A private runs up in a panic to your instructor and begins to whisper frantically in his ear. "Halfling! Go see the captain! Now!
    You run as fast as you can to captain's quarters. When you arrive, you see a cleric of Heironeous speaking to Captain Heronus.
    "Arrwin. Something has happened in Cauldron. There have been a string of kidnappings, and it is getting worse. I know you are from there, so I want you to go as our representative. Take these and click your boots together.
    With that, he sticks two buttons to the sides of your boots. Confused, you click your boots together, like you were saluting your superior. Underneath you, a dog with a saddle (with identical buttons) appears. You lose your balance for a second, but soon settle into the saddle.
    "You will get the hang of it soon enough. Because you haven't progressed farther in our order, there is nothing special about this mount, but, prove yourself to Heironeous,
    and that may change. You may call forth your steed at anytime. I don't know where the steed goes when you click your boots again, but I do know they they always seem to return healed."Now ride to Cauldron as fast as you can"

(As a move action, you can click your boots and your steed will appear underneath you. You can click them again and he will disappear. He will regain 2 HP per hour that he is gone.)

Spoiler: Tahlas
    Show
    You skulk around the streets of Cauldron, looking behind you at every turn. There have been a string of kidnappings and thefts recently, and the streets are becoming unsafe. It wasn't until 4 children were kidnapped from an orphanage, that the town really became scared. From speaking to locals at different taverns around the city, you have heard many rumors. You have heard that Coryston Pike, one of the kidnapped victims, feared for her life days before she vanished. You have heard that One of the stolen orphans is the offspring of Dwern and Imogen Stormshield, two adventurers who perished a few years back. You have heard that a tentacled beast lives in the cold depths of the lake, and that is who has been stealing people from their homes. You finally heard that Keygan Ghelve is one of the finest locksmiths in the world, and only a skilled roue or spellcaster could bypass one of his locks without the proper key. As you are about to meditate one night, you get a vision of your brother at the city gates and hear the word "Go"

Days pass as you each make your way to the city. The four of you lived in the same circles of the city, but have been away for a while, studying in your different areas of expertise. You have now found each other again at the city gates. Feralas steps through the trees and emerges at the gates. Arllen pops into existence near where Feralas came up. From a distance the two hear a barking and turn to see Arrwin riding up on a dog. "You're back" The three turn and see Tahlas walking up to the gates from inside the city. It is a typical autumn night in the city.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Three Amigos SC

Arwin, Arllen!!! What brings who two fine gentlemen here. This is my older and less fun brother Feralas. I'm sure you remember all your he stories I've told of how he tormented me as a child.

Well someone had to. If not you would have gotten into more trouble then you already did. It's nice to meet you both
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

3. - Top - End - #3

SwashbucklerGuy

Arwen greets the elf.
    Well met old friend. What brings you back to our homeland? The years have been good to you it appears.

Arlen dismounts his dog
    Heroneous be praised, it is good to see a friendly face. Pleased to meet your brother. This is Briar, my trusted mount. We are here seeking justice for a recent string of kidnapings.
    Last edited by muffywo45; 2017-06-13 at 03:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

WolfInSheepsClothing

Feralas looks to Arllen and responds I know I can always trust someone who takes care of his animal. Well met to both you and Briar. Maybe this unrest is what caused Obad-Hai to send me back here. And I was just thinking Tahlas had gotten into too much trouble.

I have heard rumors about those kidnap pings myself. Strange things are occurring within this city of ours. I'm glad my big brother decided to come set these things right. I always knew things would be ok when Feralas was around
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueKnightGuy

You begin to talk and catch up with each other, walking down the rain-soaked street as you go. Steady drizzle falls from the ash-gray sky. The crowded, rain-slicked buildings seem especially bleak and frightful this evening, hunched together beneath the tireless rain. A few lights burn in their eyes, but mostly their shutters have been closed for the night. The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and you hear the din of water trundling from the rooftops, splashing into dark alleys, and turning street gutters into rivulets.
    A sudden, plaintive cry for help splits the evening air. It seems to come from somewhere behind you.

6. - Top - End - #6

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tahlas moves to the side of the street trying to find some cover and he silently follows. Feralas places his hand on a small wolf statue and whispers Lightfoot I need you.. A smoke appears that solidifies into a wolf. When the wolf appears Feralas places a hand on its muzzle to let him know to stay silent and he begins to move to where the call for help originated.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Tahlas
    Hide:(1d20+8)[21]
    Move Silent:(1d20+8)[27]

Feralas
    Spot:(1d20+7)[21]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2017-06-13 at 04:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen mounts Briar and moves quickly toward the sound.

Heroneous hears your cries, help is on the way!

Arwen follows quickly behind his brother, chanting in the spidery words of magic.

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Cast Mage Armor

8. - Top - End - #8

BlueKnightGuy

You follow the noises to a mist-shrouded alley. You see one man in black and white face paint who seems to be a look out. He did not notice the elves, but he definitely saw the charging halfling. He runs back into the alley. You round the corner wherein you see two more men with black and white face paint assaulting a fourth, who lies face down on the wet cobblestones. One of the attackers lifts the victim by the hood of his cloack and thrusts him against the wall as another growls, "Stay away from the orphanage, you got that?"

As the third runs back towards the other two, he yells out to them "We have company!" The attacker throws the victim to the ground and all three men draw their swords. The main attacker sees you and yells "Bugger off! This don't concern you!"

Spoiler: Map and Pic
    Show

The alley is 15 feet wide and 60 feet long, opening into the street at either end. It slopes towards the center of town at an angle of 15 degrees. Two story buildings loom on both sides of the alleyway.
    Battle Map: Add where you are in your signature color. You are approaching from the south.
    picture of what you see

9. - Top - End - #9

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen readies his lance and shield. Expecting his words to be ignored, but hoping these misguided souls will repent.

Has this man committed any crime? Have the laws of this town changed to allow the guilty to be roughed up in the streets? I should think they have not... I demand you cease this unrighteous abuse in the name of Heironeous. If he is guilty, we will find him a proper venue to plead his case and you will turn yourselves in as vigilantes. Heironeous is merciful to those who readily admit their sins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arlen sits atop Briar in I8.

10. - Top - End - #10

BlueKnightGuy

The three men begin to back away with their swords drawn. The battered cleric crawls towards you.

11. - Top - End - #11

SwashbucklerGuy

Arwen maintains line of sight on the bad guys and ***** his crossbow.

Brother, I think these men are not interested in righteousness. I would imagine men who hide their faces like this have more to repent of than just trying to serve vigilante justice.

Show
    Knowledge Local to see the significance of the face paint.[Roll]1d20+10[/CODE]

12. - Top - End - #12

BlueKnightGuy

The three men continue to back away with their swords drawn. And the cleric picks himself up and stumbles over to you. The cleric begins to chant, and you all feel extra powerful.

Spoiler: All
    Show
    Cleric casts bless on you. +1 to attack

13. - Top - End - #13

SwashbucklerGuy

Arwen recognizes these painted faces and shouts...Arlen, these are members of the local thieves guild. I doubt they seek to clear their conscience today.

Arlen realizes the evil doers are seeking to escape and spurs Briar.

Stop, you will be brought to justice. Someone, please see to the injured man.
    Last edited by muffywo45; 2017-06-13 at 08:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

WolfInSheepsClothing

Feralas starts to move forward and signals for Lightfoot to pursue the assailants if they start to flee. Tahlas comes around the corner as well. I'll take care of this poor soul. You guys contain these criminals

15. - Top - End - #15

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen moves Briar closer to the thieves.

Surrender yourselves and no one gets hurt. Any further resistance will only worsen your situation.

16. - Top - End - #16

BlueKnightGuy

It is faint, but you hear the main attacker say to his partners We have done what we came to do. We have earned our money. Time to get out of here.

He yells at the cleric Heed my words priest! Stay away from the orphanage, or next time we wont be as nice.

With that, the three men turn and run, two breaking off to the left and one to the right.

17. - Top - End - #17

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen charges after the two figures, lance at the ready. He attacks the first figure he can catch.

Show
    Attack (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage (1d6+2)[8] plus (1d6+2)[7]
    Last edited by muffywo45; 2017-06-13 at 09:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueKnightGuy

Arlen charges towards the attacker, and his lance pierces the side of the escaping jester. He falls to the ground unconscious.

The remaining two jesters have escaped.

19. - Top - End - #19

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen dismounts Briar, searches for any hidden weapons, removes them and tries to stabilize the man.

Can any of you heal? Help me stabilize him so we might bring him to the local authorities.
    Perhaps Heroneus will give him another chance to change his life.

Show
    Heal check (1d20+2)[17]
    Last edited by muffywo45; 2017-06-13 at 09:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

WolfInSheepsClothing

Feralas whistles Lightfoot to return when the criminals round the corner and Tahlas moves to help Arllen to subdue the criminal.

21. - Top - End - #21

WolfInSheepsClothing

After making sure the cleric is stabilized Feralas moves to help with the prisoner. Tahlas makes his way over as well and starts to question him on what he was doing here and who he is working for?

Show
    Diplomacy for Tahlas:(1d20+5)[25]

Feralas will help with minor cures if we need to get him stable

22. - Top - End - #22

BlueKnightGuy

All your nice, fancy talk don't mean nothing to me. Bugger off!.
    Tahlas's diplomatic way of speaking does not seem to affect the prisoner. He seems too shaken up and scared to be coerced this way.

23. - Top - End - #23

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen approaches the prisoner.

Calm down. You will not be harmed further unless you force us to do so. I assure you, all we are after is justice. It appears you were hired to harm this man. You seem to be a fellow down on his luck who simply chose poorly when looking for work. If you can help us identify the true criminal forces at work here, I myself will request leniency on your behalf.

Looking toward the cleric, Arlen asks.

Do you recognize this man? Should we remove his paint to know his identity?

24. - Top - End - #24

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen turns back toward the prisoner.

I can assure you, if you do not turn toward the light and continue to obstruct justice we will do all we can to see you punished to the fullest extend of the law.

Show
    Intimidate (1d20+3)[19]

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueKnightGuy

Ok, ok! My career is over anyways. A member of the Last Laugh named Jil hired us to "send a clear message" to the Church of St. Cuthbert not to investigate the disappearance of the four children from the Lantern Street Orphanage. We needed money, and the arrangement didn't include any killing, so we took the job. Do you know how much a town guard makes? Not much. We have families to feed!

26. - Top - End - #26

BlueKnightGuy

At the admission from the guard, Feralas sees movement out of the corner of his eye, from up above. He turns to look at the two story buildings behind him but nothing is there. He gets a weird feeling that they had been watched.

The cleric stands and begins to cast a spell. His cuts and bruises disappear before your very eyes.

Thank you for your help. I guess they weren't trying to kill me but i did fear for my life.
    After this awful night, would you mind accompanying me back to my church?

27. - Top - End - #27

WolfInSheepsClothing

We would not mind at all. I'm not from around here sir, where should we take this gentlemen so he can be handled by the proper authorities

28. - Top - End - #28

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen addresses the prisoner.

Thank you for your cooperation. I am duty bound to take you to the local authorities. I will however tell them you were cooperative and are not the chief orchestrator of this violence. You may take this chance to ask forgiveness of the good cleric.

Turning to the cleric.

My name is Arlen Highhill and this is my brother, Arwen Highhill. My old friends there are brothers as well and good chaps even if they do tend to spend too much time in the woods. We would be happy to see you safely to your church if we can first bring this man to the proper authority.

29. - Top - End - #29

BlueKnightGuy

Well met Arlen. Thank you for your help. My name is Ruphus Laro, Hmmm... let me think. I think there is a town guard outpost near the city gates. We can drop him off there.But after that I would like to get to the church.

30. - Top - End - #30

BlueKnightGuy

You take the captive to the townsguard. They recognize the man you are bringing in.
    "Hylum? What in the world are you doing in that ridiculous makeup, and why are you tied up?
    You explain what happened, and drop Hylum off at the outpost.
    The head of the outpost saysThank you for bringing him here. Captain Skellerang will hear about this at once.