New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Three Amigos SC

1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Three Amigos SC

Entering Skies treasury you noticed that the store shelves are fairly sparse but not empty. Each of the items on the shelves is kept in a glass cabinet under lock and key displayed on a silk pillow with a small plaque that describes the items history powers and what party sold the item to Skie. Behind the counter you see a a beautiful gnome dressed with many wondrous items.

Good morning gentlemen. And who might you be?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Matrim speaks up, We are the Bright Wood and Highhills Adventure Company and we just came by to see your wares and possible sell some things we recently acquired. These two fine elven brothers are Tahlas and Feralas and the trio of halflings are Arwen, Arlen and Garret. I seem to be the only one if he group without any relations. My name is Matrim.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

3. - Top - End - #273

BlueKnightGuy

Ah. An adventure group. Splendid. And what kind of adventures have you gone on?

4. - Top - End - #274

WolfInSheepsClothing

We recently thwarted the slave ring that had been the cause of many kidnappings lately. We travelled below the city through old gnomish ruins that were interesting to say the least. My companions here fought valiantly and we defeated traps, monsters, slavers, and if you would believe it we came face to face with a beholder.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #275

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bchilders View Post
    We recently thwarted the slave ring that had been the cause of many kidnappings lately. We travelled below the city through old gnomish ruins that were interesting to say the least. My companions here fought valiantly and we defeated traps, monsters, slavers, and if you would believe it we came face to face with a beholder.
    You see her face growing with excitement. Did you travel to Jzadirune? Oh to have been able to travel there when it was at its peak would have been amazing. I have adventures through most of the underground dwellings around here, but never made it there. The Vanishing you know. How did you run into a beholder and live to tell the tale?

6. - Top - End - #276

WolfInSheepsClothing

To be honest, I can only assume he thought we were insignificant. Even the ruins a Jzadirune spoke to how amazing it must have been before it was abandoned. We have a couple things we would like to sell if you might could look them over and give us a price?

7. - Top - End - #277

BlueKnightGuy

You hand over the clear ioun stone and the wand of detect secret doors. She casts identify on both. oooh, an ioun stone! she laughs and lets it rotate around her head. Hmmm... it's like I don't feel the need to eat or drink anymore but of course I still want to. Haha. Um I can give you 200 pp for this. And the wand can detect secret doors...not that you elves need any help with that. It only has 15 charges left so I can give you 110 gp for it. Anything you would like to purchase while you are here?

8. - Top - End - #278

SwashbucklerGuy

Garet replies, We are interested in the bag of holding, wand of cure light wounds and your small magical dagger. Would you happen to be interested in relics from Jzadirune? We located the full set of keys to the ruins and would be willing to part with them for the right price.

9. - Top - End - #279

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by muffywo45 View Post
    Garet replies, We are interested in the bag of holding, wand of cure light wounds and your small magical dagger. Would you happen to be interested in relics from Jzadirune? We located the full set of keys to the ruins and would be willing to part with them for the right price.
    I can get you those three items for 5177 gp. As far as the keys go, while I would love to have them, I no longer adventure. You notice a pained look on her face when she says this. I think you can probably find someone who would use them and not just keep them as keepsakes. Thank you though. Please stop by and continue to inform me of your many adventures. Just because I can't adventure any more doesn't mean I don't like to hear about others adventures.

10. - Top - End - #280

WolfInSheepsClothing

Matrim thanks her for the items and pays the price requested. After talking with the halflings the group decides to pay their dad a visit to unload the rest of their loot.

11. - Top - End - #281

BlueKnightGuy

The halflings' show you to their father's shop and house. Upon entering the establishment, you see minor antiquities placed sparingly around the shop. A 120 year old halfling behind the main counter. well I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes. When did my boys come back home?

12. - Top - End - #282

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen speaks first, We have been in town only a few days father. There was a matter of major importance to attend to first.

Arwen chimes in, We had to rescue the kidnapping victims.

They further explain the details of their travels.

Garet gets to the point, Father, we have several items we also need to sell. Would you have interest in any of these? He shows the remaining items to his father.

13. - Top - End - #283

BlueKnightGuy

The halfling runs over and hugs his boys.
    I am so happy that you are home.
    He looks at the paintings and artifacts.
    Well I don't know that my patrons will want any of these pieces, but I have recently become acquainted with some members of the new Grayhawk Museum, specifically a halfling named Pouches. He has an affinity for blink dogs as well. He may want to purchase them for his organization. You should be able to find him at the Tipped Tankard Tavern

14. - Top - End - #284

BlueKnightGuy

You make your way to the Tipped Tankard Tavern and see a halfling sitting in the corner with a blink dog. He looks like he has seen plenty of scuffles in his life and is missing his left hand. He sees you and waves you over and then says to the barkeep
    Hey Duergran, a round for these gentlemen, the saviors of Cauldron.

The barkeep looks at you with a confused look but brings a round of ales for the group.

I was wondering how long it would take you to find me. I even went so far as to meet your father so he could invite you to see me. I've been very interested in your exploits and so far, excellent job. Did you know you had half-elves following you around since you got to town? They are gone now, but I think they had an interest in that slave trade business. Anyways, I'm being rude. My name is pouches and this is me best friend Patch and we work for the Grayhawk Museum. We are collectors of rare valuables from lost civilizations and ruins. I'm guessing you have some things like that for me.

15. - Top - End - #285

SwashbucklerGuy

Garet speaks up, We do have several unique items from our recent adventures. Would you have any interest in...

Garet shows the keys, gems and other unique items.

16. - Top - End - #286

BlueKnightGuy

Ok. So tell me the story behind these. Where did you come across them?

17. - Top - End - #287

WolfInSheepsClothing

Matrim responds We travelled through the old gnome ruins of Jzadirune and below we helped to stop a slave ring that had been the cause of the many kidnappings recently.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2017-07-23 at 11:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

BlueKnightGuy

These are from Jzadirune? Well now that is interesting. I thought everything was tainted down there. I can definitely buy the paintings and heirlooms from you. I will also buy the gems from you. We have a weekly Gems Game at the museum. I will gladly take these off your hands. I can give you 480 pp for the paintings, jewelry and gems. And I will give you 300 gp for the keys to the doors. My organization will want to document the area. Did y'all clear out the area, or are there still dangers down there? And was there anything still down there of value?

19. - Top - End - #289

WolfInSheepsClothing

We made it through every room in Jzadirune so it should be cleared. The keys will open the doors and disable all traps on them. We might not have taken everything but we brought up most everything that looked valuable.

20. - Top - End - #290

BlueKnightGuy

Well thank you very much gentlemen. I will take my leave and report back to the museum. Maybe we can cross paths again. Good luck on your future adventures. He gets up from the table and calls for Patch to follow. As he passes Garet, he bends down and whispers something to him.
    Spoiler: Garet
    Show
    I know who you work for. Watch out, they are not who they once were. Or perhaps you are not who your brothers think you are.

He smiles to the group and leaves the Tavern.

21. - Top - End - #291

SwashbucklerGuy

Garet responds, Thank you for taking these off our hands. Hopefully we can find more unique items for you in the future.

I have some business to attend to as well. Brothers, Elven friends, I have some business to sort out can I meet up with you all later?

22. - Top - End - #292

WolfInSheepsClothing

Enjoy your time away and good luck on any business you must take care of

If there is nothing else the group would like to do, Tahlas will show Feralas to his small home and Matrim will return to the church and help with what he can.

23. - Top - End - #293

BlueKnightGuy

The group goes off on their own accords. The halflings catch up with their father, Arlen visits with Alex, becoming friends over the next couple of weeks, Arwen visits with Weer on a regular basis learning more and more from the grumpy wizard, Garet seems to constantly be jumping from place to place, tavern to tavern, Matrim spends most of his time at the church of Pelor, and the elven brothers spend most of their time in meditation with Obad Hai. The city is fairly normal for the first couple of weeks since the kidnappings. After about a month, the party begins to hear stirrings of theft in the streets at night, and different warehouses being broken into. Graffiti begins to appear around the city, on public buildings. Arwen and Garet both come across the graffiti and notice that it is in Goblin. Arwen finds one that says "Muurd wrote this" and Garet comes across one that says "As a wolf, Drakthar hunts." Neither mean anything to the halflings.

The party gathers at the Church of St. Cuthbert, as they tend to do, when a note arrives for them. It is sealed with the wax seal of the Office of the Lord Mayor.

"I WOULD LIKE TO MEET WITH YOU AT THE TOWN HALL TO DISCUSS A VERY IMPORTANT MATTER. PLEASE COME AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE OR SEND NOTICE THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND.

TERSEON SKELLERANG
    CAPTAIN OF THE TOWN GUARD"

24. - Top - End - #294

WolfInSheepsClothing

Matrim and the elves decide to head to meet with the Captain.

25. - Top - End - #295

SwashbucklerGuy

After doing a little shopping, the halflings go with the elves to see the captain.
    Last edited by muffywo45; 2017-07-25 at 01:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

BlueKnightGuy

The group arrives at the Town Hall and shows the letter to the front guard.
    Please come in and I will get the Lord Mayor and Captain for you.
    As you wait, you see a tall, handsome human man dressed very extravagantly leave the Lord Mayor's office. Garet recognizes him as Lord Vhalantru, a regular at his father's shop and one of the noblemen of Cauldron.
    Garet? Is that you my boy? It is so nice to see you, again. I haven't had a chance to stop by your father's shop lately but I intend to soon. It has been too long. And these must be your brothers. Spitting images of your father they are. My name is Vhalantru. I have heard so much about you from your father. And are these your companions? I heard you all had an adventure and helped solve the kidnappings. Bravo boys. Thank you for making our town safe again. I'm guessing you are here to help again. Pygot should be proud.

27. - Top - End - #297

SwashbucklerGuy

Garet responds warmly, Vhalantru, how good to see you. These are my brothers and these elves are our friends and colleagues. After solving the kidnapping incidents, we decided to start an adventurers group to assist with any other issues that folks had. We were summoned here m, do you know if anything out of the ordinary is happening?

28. - Top - End - #298

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by muffywo45 View Post
    Garet responds warmly, Vhalantru, how good to see you. These are my brothers and these elves are our friends and colleagues. After solving the kidnapping incidents, we decided to start an adventurers group to assist with any other issues that folks had. We were summoned here m, do you know if anything out of the ordinary is happening?
    Actually the Lord Mayor, Captain and I were just discussing that. Looks like goblins are running amok in our town. I'm guessing the Captain will fill you in on the rest. Our town seems to just be consistently falling into despair. Hopefully your adventure group can help.

29. - Top - End - #299

BlueKnightGuy

The group says goodbye to Lord Vhalantru just as the Lord Mayor's secretary comes out. You may come in

You enter the Lord Mayor's office and you see the captain and the Lord Mayor.

The Lord Mayor steps forward and greets you.

Good morning gentlemen. I am so sorry that I have not had a chance to speak with you since your heroics saved those poor kidnapped people. The city thanks you and we are in need of your help again. Captain?

The captain steps up and shakes your hands.
    I'm going to get straight to the point. I believe we have a goblin infestation and I need you to find their lair, and put a stop to them.

30. - Top - End - #300

SwashbucklerGuy

Arlen responds, Have they been harming the citizens? If they have not yet committed any acts of violence or banditry perhaps we can remove them without bloodshed? If they have sinned against Heroneous, they will find no refuge from swift justice. What do you know of them and where can they be found?
    Last edited by muffywo45; 2017-07-26 at 12:17 PM.