Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,418 of 1418
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

*waves to Tectonic Robot*

Upgrade time tomorrow... So if it goes unduly quiet from this end, ponythreadm you'll know it's gone horribly wrong...

Which is about par for the course at the moment - among the other bits to add to the Bad column, Mum managed to back the car into and knacker the gate yesterday...

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

Just had an idea about a Gundam storyline with marvel and Ponies,
    Spoiler: 0083: Stardust Memory + MLP +Marvel
    Show
    Once upon a multiverse, there were two Rookies: Speedball and Rainbow Dash. Then they stumbled upon a mysterious event where the prototype superweapon was stolen by a group of Pegasus who turned out to be Skrulls. Then they were put into Aorts fleet who wish to learn about it and assemble his unit to support SHIELD much to his dismay. Then one day, they discovered that Princess Luna was somehow involved with a Skrull general who plan to avenge his homeplanet being eaten by launching their own Stardust using a cloud-based facility to create cataclysm. Later, Aorts discovered that Princess Luna was a double agent but was stopped by Maria Hill and Harold Osborne of Hammer who ask him to form an oppressive world security similar to Titans. Not wishing to let them have their way yet not wanted to both entire counter attack, Aorts just threatened them to go his way. Of course, they obeyed but as a temporary measures. Then battle line was formed and the Skrulls and defense unit clash before Skrulls side saw Princess Luna "defect". Speedball, the same brash hero, didn't know about Luna and started attacking her. Just as Aorts was about to report, Super Skrull passed through the left flank unaffected and launch the superweapons. Just a moment to realized that he've been betrayed along with moderate members against authoritarian policy, a quarter of the defense unit were annihilated with Aorts being temporarily "dead" long enough for the Skrulls to drop the cloud city. Fortunately, the defense unit regrouped and cut away most of the clouds with Rainbow Dash clashing with Super Skrulls. Speedball, after realizing his folly from wiping out most of Luna's contingent and blasting her away with balls, came to rescuse Rainbow Dash before leaving all three bloodied. While the Skrulls were battered and their objective was partial failure, the cloud crashlanded into Applewood Acre and devastated the apple crops. As the defense unit witnessed the horrific sight for Apple family,
    the unit now led by Osborne surrounded and plan for annihilation. The Skrulls made a last charge where almost all of their surviving fleet were destroyed not before Super Skrulls pushed away a squadron of Pegasus before making his way to the main fleet.
    Speedball was devastated for his errors, lost of reputation, but the Apple family forgave him enough to hire him as a farmhand along with Rainbow Dash to rebuild their farms. Entire incident, which caused massive apple shortages, was used as an excuse for Osborne and Maria Hill to form Titans with the most of defense unit accepted the proposal to join the unit, not knowing their malicious intent.
    For Context
    - Speed Ball is supposed to be Kou Uraki, a rookie pilot who go to to toe against ace but failed in bigger picture as colony was dropped.
    - Rainbow Dash is Keith, cocky and brash but friendly wing pilot.
    - Aorts is combination of Greer Wyatt who was killed in an attack by beam cannon minus his arrogance, and Captain Synapse the leader of the protagonist
    - Norman Osborne and Maria Hill are respectively Jamitov Hymem and Bask Om, ruthless politician and general who formed the Titans who gladly pump chemical gas into colony.
    - Luna is Lady Cima, a Zeon defector who was mistaken to be part of Zeon, except Luna's case in this story was for undercover.
    - The Skrulls are Delaz fleet and by extension Zeon remnants while Super Skrull is Anavel Gato the act who fought against Kou Uraki.
    Last edited by t209; Yesterday at 02:51 AM.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Well.

Despite all the other things going wrong thus far, I cannot quite start to say 2017 is going to be a bad year just yet; HMRC have looked at my mandatory reconsideration and decided that my CAD work day job is actually a day job (um, duh) and that I have my working tax credit back. So there's that. Strike up another one for "Bleakbane's polite snotograms and the horrifying thought of actually having to deal with their own appeals processes..."

(I am still pretty sure that the government services are at least working on the same principles as all the corporations - bank on people's apathy not to do anything when they do something scummy and then baktrack when someone actually makes a fuss. That DOES seem to be business modus operandii these days, does it not?)

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Hang on a few pages and we'll make it 150++
    Does that make it armor piercing?
    Nothing so grand. I'm just going for incremental improvements.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Hey guys, how are things going in this old Ponythread anyway? I see we're at like, 150+ threads now. That's a good amount!
    Hi! No, we're at 97 threads. I hate roman numerals too, and wish everyone stopped using them. We're at 150+ episodes though, and consistently decent quality, which is quite a big feat for a TV show to pull.

We've had 169 pony episodes (each about 26 minutes long with credits); 4 Equestria Girls TV films each of which are three episodes long; 3 EG episodes; enough EG shorts that they would add up to about 3 episodes; and one pony cinema movie that's about three episode long. That's 190 episodes' worth of pony material, and almost all of it is real pleasure to watch and worth watching at least twice.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Well. Upgrade mostly successful. (I apparently need to get a 3.5- 5.5 bracket adaptor for the card reader, which is a nuisence, but there you go.)

Didn't do anything for the laggy campaign map on TWWH1, but that is not entirely unexpected!

As it happens, it will as blows nobody any good, all that time I wasted the other day re-reading ponythread had one benefit - I recalled for Dad (who is having to do ALL sorts of faff about the car insurance) when it was they banged the car (and, of course, we can track it to the actual day if needed!)

Edit: Dammit, why has nopony made a video of a pony-Jim Sterling dancing to chains of love yet!? Today really seems like the sort of day for that sort of thing (at least on my end, and that doesn't come up very often...!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; Yesterday at 10:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Firbolg in the Playground

No pony Jim ****ing Sterling Son, sadly, but today I learned that a seeing-eye miniature horse named Cuddles exists.

This is a good world.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; Yesterday at 11:21 AM.
    "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,"
    William Congreve, The Mourning Bride, 3:8 (1697).

Human stick-figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find more here.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    No pony Jim ****ing Sterling Son, sadly, but today I learned that a seeing-eye miniature horse named Cuddles exists.

This is a good world.
    You know, I must be having a good day, I agree with you.

Even after it took one long set of calls to Microsoft support to get windows re-activated…! Nearly as long as it took my mate to do the upgrade.

Clearly, this is not uncommon, since I was guided to a department down to the error code…! (AFTER the first gentleman I spoke to, who called me from the MSsupport website's "call me back" feature trned out to be in the US office and gave me the number for the UK one!)

Still, I cannot fault either of the three gentlemen I spoke to (all Indian-sounding); polite, helpful (terribly apologetic) and actually knew what they were talking about.

(Now, I say that because over this side of the pond, we get SO MANY spam phone calls (and we're even ex-directory) from gentleman with Indian accents. You try to be polite when you answer the phone, because occasionally there is the occasional poor chap actually with something genuninely important to say, but (sadly) your trained reaction on hearing that is usually "oh, here we go...!" Or from places like Virgin outsourcing to India and folk who don't really know much more than how to recite the list of common customer problems they're given.)

In the end, the one chap generated me a new product key. He said they didn’t often do that, but because it was obviously a proper copy of windows (it was a 7 Home upgraded via the free options to 10, so I had the product key), and I was able to send the proof of the motherboard purchase, he made the effort. (From the sound of it, he wasn't even sure it would work!) Actually, I think he went and got permission from his manager, as he asked me to stay on the line to talk to said manager afterwards. So for once, I could say that the customer service was very good. So I made sure to say "thank you very much" and say they had done a very satisfactory job (especially to the manager).

I did feel a sorry, though, that all three seemed so taken by surprise at my patience and the odd joke I cracked; poor chaps must be used to dealing with all sorts of obstreperous, impatient folk. (Again, the spam probably doesn't do the chaps actually doing a proper, competant job any favours at all.)

So, if we can't have Jim (thank Lichemaster for him), let's see what we can cobble together...

Spoiler: And on 0:25 open...
    Show

That'll do!

Jim, one feels, would approve.

Aside from the lack of a giant pink dildo, obviously...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; Yesterday at 01:18 PM.