New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,468 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

I suggest "Let me play you the song of my friendships" or "an insufficient amount of cuddles" as thread titles.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    So this is (or may) be the new opening.
    Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    And in a packed opening tonight...

I still haven't watched most of S7, and managed to avoid most of the leaked S8 details, but the things I pulled from it are:
    Spoiler: S8 Spoilers
    Show
    Thought we still wrap spoilers on possible leaks. ;) You are hitting the mark on the new building. Apparently S8's big arc is about Twilight opening a School of Friendship. Lots of secondary characters get to shine, so the focus seems to continue shifting off the Mane6 to other characters. No school drama that I can tell from the episode synopses, so possibly a good relief from that fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I 'spose, with being page 49, we ought to have a title athinkin', if anyone is a bothered...
    My Little Pony XCVIII: Still Haven't Caught Up on Season 7!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    Thought we still wrap spoilers on possible leaks. ;) You are hitting the mark on the new building. Apparently S8's big arc is about Twilight opening a School of Friendship. Lots of secondary characters get to shine, so the focus seems to continue shifting off the Mane6 to other characters. No school drama that I can tell from the episode synopses, so possibly a good relief from that fear.
    *cultural imperialism intensifies*

One wonders if the students are even there by their own will, or if they were coerced into attending a la some historical examples that Board rules say not to name.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2018-01-28 at 09:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well then, I propose the thread title My Little Pony 98: Different friends for different things based on S5 E7. And yes, please put S8 teasers in spoiler boxes for now.

One wonders if the students are even there by their own will, or if they were coerced into attending a la some historical examples that Board rules say not to name.
    S7 E21 had a "friendship camp". The name reminded me to just what you are saying.

Also, I'm leaving my job, where I worked for five years and was my first real job, and now I'm entering the scary world of looking for a good job. Please give me strength, or tales about the better side of job finding to make it seem less scary, or hugs.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Thought we still wrap spoilers on possible leaks. ;)
    Indeed we do. Done.

Show
    You are hitting the mark on the new building. Apparently S8's big arc is about Twilight opening a School of Friendship. Lots of secondary characters get to shine, so the focus seems to continue shifting off the Mane6 to other characters. No school drama that I can tell from the episode synopses, so possibly a good relief from that fear.
    Spoiler: Not much of a "spoil", but I have been suitably admonished...
    Show
    Well, we can only hope.

As my post was a little more negative than I would normally like, I suppose I should add my usual warning in this sort of conversation: The Production Team have managed to make lots of things that looked or sounded bad actually turn out to be quite good. Even EQG1, poor as the concept was, was good enough to go on to a number of followup films that were really good.

My Little Pony XCVIII: Still Haven't Caught Up on Season 7!
    I have no option but to vote for this one...

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Also, I'm leaving my job, where I worked for five years and was my first real job, and now I'm entering the scary world of looking for a good job. Please give me strength, or tales about the better side of job finding to make it seem less scary, or hugs.
    Good Luck. To console you, let me relate the story of my first and only job switch.

Spoiler: (ahem) The tale of my first (and only) job switch...
    Show

My first job, straight out of University, was with a communication company. Let's call them Radio Guys.

I started off in training, doing a 6 month conversion course from Physics to Electronic Engineering. It was an experimental course that was so useless that it was never repeated, and I ended up being shunted round departments as they tried to find out what to do with me. Eventually, under the threat of redundancy, I was passed to the Business Systems unit as part of a deal for them supporting some random system in the Company. They didn't actually want me, but had asked for a programmer and I was doing things on the computer, so that's the same thing, right?

As it turned out, I fitted in the department like a glove. I was up to speed fairly quickly, and got on well with all the team. The fact that I could actually program and managed to learn COBOL in under a week helped. I was there for a something over a year.

Then Radio Guys needed to shed a number of jobs - 600 across the area. They did this by announcing that 600 redundancies were being made, but sitting on the letters for a few months The idea, in as far as any thought went into this, was "...then the people we are making redundant will leave and we won't have to pay the redundancies".

Naturally, this means that all the good staff started to leave, which was sad because they weren't the people being made redundant. This to the extent that the 600 body target was met within two months, mostly made up of the people they wanted to keep on. Oh, by the way, it is illegal to reverse a redundancy, so they still have to get rid of the 600 they have declared, even if they haven't posted the letters.

We knew our department was for the chop (we weren't really Company people) so it came as no surprise that our department was axed, except for the Manager, who was expected to stay on and maintain the software (he could - he wrote a lot of it...).

At this point all the others had jobs except me (I was waiting for a confirmation). So the Manager handed in his resignation. We watched with delight as they worked their way down the office hierarchy trying desperately to get someone - anyone - to stay.

Eventually they got down to me. I told them I'd let them know at the end of the week. By the end of the week the job confirmation had arrived, so on Friday I handed my manager a letter conforming my redundancy and stating the date I was going to leave. He sat on it 'till the afternoon, then took it to his boss (the one trying to persuade people to stay).

Apparently, he hit the roof. He really thought that I was intending to stay and felt utterly betrayed.

We all left (with much rejoicing - among ourselves, at least). I went on to my new employer - let's call them Programmers with Hats - and (with seven changes of company name) have been there for over 30 years.

(I should be fair to Radio Guys: even though they were a horrible employer - the above was far from the worst they had done - they did give me a full redundancy package even though I was only with the company for less than the minimum threshold for Redundancy terms to apply)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

I again suggest ​My Little Pony XCVIII: Leakier than a Changeling Bathtub
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

7. - Top - End - #1447

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: S8 Episode Synopses Hints
    Show
    I'm going to guess (based on what I read of the episode synopses) that everyone is there on their own free will. Twilight is running the school.

Now, if it were Starlight running things, maybe it would be a bit darker...

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I've often remembered job hunting like trying to get a date. Scary as anything you can imagine, but once you have the confidence to look and land that interview, then things get easier and everyone starts calling you and then you find you self on the dating scene with a Saturday night meetup--I mean, working scene with a Monday morning shift. ^^;

Spoiler: Right, Zephyr Breeze?
    Show

Good luck to you, J!

Not much of a "spoil", but I have been suitably admonished...
    Nah, you're good.

Spoiler: Wink
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Banned

Spoiler: S8 Episode Synopses Hints
    Show
    I'm going to guess (based on what I read of the episode synopses) that everyone is there on their own free will. Twilight is running the school.

Now, if it were Starlight running things, maybe it would be a bit darker...
    Spoiler: Season 8
    Show
    I wouldn't be so sure. Starlight herself was as much a parolee as a student, and was not free to leave until Season 7, after she proved her loyalty.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've often remembered job hunting like trying to get a date. Scary as anything you can imagine, but once you have the confidence to look and land that interview, then things get easier and everyone starts calling you and then you find you self on the dating scene with a Saturday night meetup--I mean, working scene with a Monday morning shift. ^^;

Good luck to you, J!
    I have been with the same company for 10 years, but I have transferred between departments 5 times.

For me, the most important thing was networking. For each of the jobs, I knew either the manager or someone in the group. That allowed me to basically get the job and then fill out a resume to make the HR people happy afterwards.

If you can find someone you know, no matter how unrelated, to recommend you for a job, it helps a lot.

Good luck.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed we do. Done.

Spoiler: (ahem) The tale of my first (and only) job switch...
    Show

Then Radio Guys needed to shed a number of jobs - 600 across the area. They did this by announcing that 600 redundancies were being made, but sitting on the letters for a few months The idea, in as far as any thought went into this, was "...then the people we are making redundant will leave and we won't have to pay the redundancies".

Naturally, this means that all the good staff started to leave, which was sad because they weren't the people being made redundant. This to the extent that the 600 body target was met within two months, mostly made up of the people they wanted to keep on. Oh, by the way, it is illegal to reverse a redundancy, so they still have to get rid of the 600 they have declared, even if they haven't posted the letters.
    Ah, the world-famous School of British Management. Famous for how not to do it, but you’ve got to take the fame where you can, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a reasonably accurate portrayal of too many where I work:
    Spoiler
    Show

At least the aim is poor. So far.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Ah, the world-famous School of British Management. Famous for how not to do it, but you’ve got to take the fame where you can, right?
    It was more symptomatic of Radio Guys being a very old company, and Programmers with Hats being fairly new (and still run by the original programmers). My experience has been that as a company gets older and bigger, its management tends to lose its grip. It isn't just a British thing - I have seen it in other companies, it's just that it is usually only visible from the inside of the company.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Woot.

Emperor Rapacious and Idunn celebrate their 200th year of immortality...! The Roman Empire is slowly hacking east into India.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-01-28 at 07:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    I wouldn't be so sure. Starlight herself was as much a parolee as a student, and was not free to leave until Season 7, after she proved her loyalty.
    Spoiler: Season 8, sort of
    Show
    To be fair, Starlight was a former cult leader who had just nearly destroyed all of Equestria, so is it really all that surprising that she was temporarily grounded?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    I have been with the same company for 10 years, but I have transferred between departments 5 times.
    Been at my current job 6 years, same position. Prior job I held was for 5 years. Also same position.

To say I'm ready for promotion is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Show
    To be fair, Starlight was a former cult leader who had just nearly destroyed all of Equestria, so is it really all that surprising that she was temporarily grounded?
    Spoiler: Season... 5 now?
    Show
    As well as rewriting the space-time continuum a few times.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Banned

Show
    Spoiler: Season ???
    Show
    No, not really. But the point I was arguing against was "of course the students at the School of Friendship would be free!" Well, Twilight's only other student (CMCs and Wonderbolt cadets notwithstanding) says otherwise. That Twilight's MO as a teacher is to "ground" her students.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    No, not really. But the point I was arguing against was "of course the students at the School of Friendship would be free!" Well, Twilight's only other student (CMCs and Wonderbolt cadets notwithstanding) says otherwise. That Twilight's MO as a teacher is to "ground" her students.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1/5 of her students, who was a Supervillain until earlier that day, is not precedent.

Why are you so pessimistic and negative about cuddly cartoon horsies?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    1/5 of her students, who was a Supervillain until earlier that day, is not precedent.

Spoiler: Season 4ish?
    Show
    Well, thinking back a little farther, there was the fairly strict method she tried using on Rainbow Dash in Testing Testing 1 2 3. Though once she realized Dash learns differently,
    she changed her curriculum. So maybe running a school is going to have a few growing pains.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

See the signature.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Spoiler: Season 4ish?
    Show
    Well, thinking back a little farther, there was the fairly strict method she tried using on Rainbow Dash in Testing Testing 1 2 3. Though once she realized Dash learns differently,
    she changed her curriculum. So maybe running a school is going to have a few growing pains.
    Show
    Considering the nothing-burger that was her "arc" as Starlight's teacher, I fully expect the school to be nothing but growing pains, and then to be dropped like a hot potato after the season ends.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Show
    I'm just saying I don't think we can make accurate predictions regarding how Twilight will handle presumably non-supervillain students given a sample size of 1 that consists of "Pony Jim Jones who nearly destroyed space-time".

Show
    Considering the nothing-burger that was her "arc" as Starlight's teacher, I fully expect the school to be nothing but growing pains, and then to be dropped like a hot potato after the season ends.
    Show
    Come now, I can't imagine Hasbro will discard their new playset / associated doll line quite that quickly.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

So Mr. Enter made a review and....I think he missed the point for the last part on the episode's lesson.
    Still, it's a hallmark for me since I happened to talk with an upset mom on Discord over bronies.
    Last edited by t209; 2018-01-30 at 01:53 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post

So Mr. Enter made a review and....I think he missed the point for the last part on the episode's lesson.
    Still, it's a hallmark for me since I happened to talk with an upset mom on Discord over bronies.
    Setting the lesson aside, the episode's positive contempt for fans and the way fans engage with stories is wonderful. And that contempt could not be more timely, given . . . certain events.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

So, in the interest of shipping anything in the show that has a name and/or a pulse, has anypony ever thought of any ships involving Zephyr Breeze? I've actually started considered shipping him with Limestone Pie.

My Homebrew

Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Banned

So, in the interest of shipping anything in the show that has a name and/or a pulse, has anypony ever thought of any ships involving Zephyr Breeze?
    No. Because Zephyr Breeze is a creep with no redeeming qualities who nobody with even an iota of good judgment would touch with a standard-issue ten-foot pole.

Any attempt to ship a character with him indicates that the shipper has a very low opinion of, or vendetta against, that character.

25. - Top - End - #1465

So, in the interest of shipping anything in the show that has a name and/or a pulse, has anypony ever thought of any ships involving Zephyr Breeze? I've actually started considered shipping him with Limestone Pie.
    Uh... that will probably end poorly.
    Spoiler
    Show

I noticed a good bit of Zeph shipped with Tree Hugger. Well, if Zephyr grew up and got his act together I guess it could be cute?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh... that will probably end poorly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, that's pretty much exactly how I'd expect the ship to work.
    I didn't say I shipped them because I don't like seeing Zephyr Breeze suffer.

My Homebrew

Show

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Banned

To be fair, that's pretty much exactly how I'd expect the ship to work.
    I didn't say I shipped them because I don't like seeing Zephyr Breeze suffer.
    Ah, so we're in the land of "I can change him!" then?

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Whoop, I turn my back for five mninutes to watch some DBS clips and you lot slide it over...!

New thread:

My Little Pony XCVIII: Still Haven't Caught Up on Season 7! (with 2 votes to 1 to 1.)

Abandon thread!