New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Spoiler: S7 E13
    Show
    S7 E13 The Perfect Pear has had great effect on me. I'm listening to Bartók's A kékszakállú herceg vára (Bluebeard's castle), the beginning where Judit declares that she has left her family because she loves Kékszakállú, and I'm trying to imagine Bright Macintosh and Buttercup playing the parts. But it just doesn't work, because Bright Mac's voice is not deep enough for the Kékszakállú's singing role. (Buttercup's voice isn't a good match either.)
    Ummmm,
    Spoiler: Blue Beard
    Show
    I am not sure but isn't Blue Beard who kidnapped and knock off previous wives?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, the fact that it's been getting aired in random timings and orders is confusing as heck, but I'm up to date at E13. Definitely recommend catching up to that if you get the time.

New pony music always welcome, as well as any particularly good pieces of youtube work. There's so much quantity of them that finding the gems is proving hard!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

This cover art is hard enough without the freaking technical problems... Would you BELIVE Paintshop Pro 8 is throwing wobblies now? Not onl is the undo function... Barely working, but in trying to colourise what I'd managed to force out of TurboCAD, it has taken to inexplicably wiping the colour (and the areas's I blacked in the lines to fill) in randomrectangles, possibly releated to the former? I've already had to do a couple of bits twice. You wouldn't have though that an under 400k png would have strained it, for frag's sake.

I'm getting close to the point I'mma have to abandon this cover arting as a bad job and just do something woefully basic, like just having a black and white picture of a starship or something.

Also, apparently I cannot Font, since the couple of hours I spent going through my artist-friend-linked font site and what I came back with was too boring. Apparently, I simply cannot gel with what other people think are aesthetic fonts (seeing as the majority of them I find simply a bit rubbish). Par for the course for the moment...

Still, at least I got to see Spider=Man Homecoming today. (It was, I think, the best spidey movie we've had, laregly due to being a) not an origin story again and b) in context with a larger universe.)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Spamalot in the Playground

Celestia with a... I'm not sure what it is. A clapping device of some sort.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Well, spongebob have them too.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe it's a pair of cymbals, that is, a kind of drum made of two metal disks covering each other, where you hit the pair to each other to sound them. You can sometimes see animal toys holding small imitated versions of them, including wind-up or electric ones that hit the cymbals on their own power (and I personally categorically hate powered animal toys). Humans usually hold cymbals with one hand each, but for Princess Celestia, it's more convenient or more dignified to hold them with telekinesis.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

I believe it's a pair of cymbals, that is, a kind of drum made of two metal disks covering each other, where you hit the pair to each other to sound them. You can sometimes see animal toys holding small imitated versions of them, including wind-up or electric ones that hit the cymbals on their own power (and I personally categorically hate powered animal toys). Humans usually hold cymbals with one hand each, but for Princess Celestia, it's more convenient or more dignified to hold them with telekinesis.
    It's a clapper hat:

But because ponies don't have hands, it's hooves.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

That can be true in some cases, such as if the griphons have to team up to hunt for whatever game they eat. But why would a distrusting unfriendly group of griphons choose to play a cooperative game such as an escape room in first place?
    To prove that Griffons are superior to ponies in Escape Rooms, of course! It does not matter how much you hate your teammates, when you hate the opponents more.

Which I believe is the secret ingredient to South Korean international sports performance (and turnout of audience); in fact, I think that holds true for the international sports competitions for a lot of countries. Back to the Korean example, just look at the Korean hype for any game that matches a Korean team against a Japanese team. And heaven forbid the Korean team lose... if they do, then congratulations, they are all blood traitors.

Or maybe they are a group of griffon expatriates living in Equestria who live true to the Equestrian ideal as a sort of abstract but effective miss me not message to their original nation. Maybe a generation or two later they will return to Griffonstone and launch a moralist social engineering crusade bent on reshaping Griffonstone at any cost. Maybe one of them will become a world-famous novelist and become a symbol of renegading against the olden Griffon traditions. Then after a while they trigger a ultranationalist backlash and Griffons become xenophobic over being unfriendly and materialistic. Haha! That would be a supreme twist of irony.

Maybe I should sleep more.
    Last edited by meto30; 2017-07-22 at 03:30 PM.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

To pick up on this from a while back, seeing as I onlyu really noticed it from meto's last post:

In S7 E2, the room operator says

> A group of griffons set the record for the fastest escape.

Do you suppose gryphons would co-operate like that before S5 E8? Is this showing that the power of friendship is spreading in Griffonstone?
    Who said the griffons were from Griffenstone? Why couldn't they be griffons from Equestria? What about a group of griffon military or law enforcement or fire service personel (etc) on a team-building retreat? I don't believe there is any suggestion that the visit to Griffonstone and this event are at all related. They might be, but I think it is far more likely with the information given that it is simply co-incidence. (After all, we don't even know WHEN that record was set. Ot could easily have been well before Pinkie and Dash visited.)

That can be true in some cases, such as if the griphons have to team up to hunt for whatever game they eat. But why would a distrusting unfriendly group of griphons choose to play a cooperative game such as an escape room in first place?
    Conversely, you're making an assumption there that griffons were lion-like packs hunters (and by that let us remember which means "pretty much just the girls") and not solitary eagle-like hunters. (If anything, the way griffions have been show suggests that a less pack-origin is probably the more likely of the two.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-22 at 04:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    It's a clapper hat:

I already posted that.
    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Well, spongebob have them too.
    Edit: Also now that we have Fallout New Vegas and DLC's, 4, and new pony seasons.
    - How would Dead Money be like?
    - Honest Hearts, Buffaloes can be Dead Horses and Sorrows can be primitive Ponies since they escaped from the "school" but what about White Legs. Better yet, the mormons/new Canaanites?
    Spoiler: Also spoiler for ending for Honest Hearts.
    Show
    It's not about whether killing Salt Upon Wounds, who is a monster both in description and "bad" ending, but to retain Joshua's sanity.

- Big MT already done so...moving on.
    - "What if Littlepip was in fallout 1-esque story?" And I feel that they didn't have Lou, voiced by Tony Jay aka the baritone voiced villain.
    Last edited by t209; 2017-07-22 at 07:25 PM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Ah, that explains the shape. Makes sense now, thanks!

Good morning, ponythread!
    Spoiler
    Show

Juggling with tiny ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Ye gods, it's quiet these days.

Urgh. An hour-and-a-half wrestling with CK2 because it DID NOT want me to vassalise a holy order. Ye gods.

Started work on the new Aotrs Scitalis recon bike, got a good chunk of the way through it. I've not rushed to post pictures, though because I've got a paid account, my Photobucket stuff will last to the end of the year, I've not found a suitable replacement yet.

Apparently, some forums are starting to charge a token fee for people to store images directly on the forums, rather than risk the next photobucket excrementing all over them. Frankly, if they did that here, if I've got to pay someone, I'd be happy for it to be the Playground... Oh, and just to show how FRACKING STUPID the folk that are running photobucket are, I got an email from them the other day essentially advertising them trying to sell random gubbins on the net (entirely unrelated to photos). As if ANYONE is going to give them the time of day now! Fracking off like, your ENTIRE customer base will not get you anything. I suspect, come the December 31st deadline, Photobucket will drop stone-dead. The sheerm unbridled idiocy is only matched by that of Harmony Gold, apparently trying another lcopy-right lawsuit for BattleTech stuff, this time by trying to cliam the Atlas (NOT a mech that was derivied from Macross or anything) was a copy of a Phoenix Hawk... From the sounds of it, principally because they are trying to get money out of it. Hopefully, someone will finally destroy them in court, since while they are sueing the chaps (under Paradox's banner) who are making the new game, the actual liscence still belongs to Microsoft. We can but hope.

And now I want to go and viciously disembowl something, but it is far too late (thanks CK freaking 2, always the wobbly at the point I want to stop, eh?)

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

So, someone linked me to an episode @Midnight that featured a question about the new game, Dream Daddy. Being a Game Grumps fan, I was curious to see how they joked about it. I am always in a constant state of forgetting that show exists, but anytime I watch it, it's always good for a few laughs. Three comedians on a game show hosted by Chris Hardwick, basically coming up with jokes on the fly and grade by Chris. Remembering that I actually kind of like it, I started browsing through the recent episodes that were available on Comedy Central's site, picking the ones with "contestants" I know or think I would like. Hey, Kate Micucci, I'm actually in love with her, let's check that one out.

What does this have to do with ponies? I found one featuring three Youtubers (warning: adult language). One of those is Jenny Nicholson. Doesn't sound familiar? How about every female voice on the best parody series?

Ok, so it wasn't big. But I thought it was interesting that the co-creator of Friendship is Witchcraft appeared on a show on Comedy Central. Oh, and she does make a pony reference.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-07-26 at 05:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Apparently, some forums are starting to charge a token fee for people to store images directly on the forums, rather than risk the next photobucket excrementing all over them. Frankly, if they did that here, if I've got to pay someone, I'd be happy for it to be the Playground...
    Eh, for me not even then.

And now we have an AJ toy with jetpack?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Ye gods, it's quiet these days.
    I've had net problems the past few days(is fixed now)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I've had net problems the past few days(is fixed now)
    Still here, still reading, haven't got anything to say. For the whole board, not just Ponythread. New episodes or a PbP might change that, but neither is coming down the pike for a while.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2017-07-26 at 05:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I got done with Scitalis, so that's another job done...

And had a surprisingly co-operative CK2 run (right up to - of course - when it was knocking off time, but I just quit at that point, since I just could not be arsed to deal with RNG nonsense at the eleventh hour).

The Mongols have triggered in 1214, so half the Roman Empire is waiting for the other boot to drop... (And the other half on the other side of the map, on stand-by in case the Aztecs show up). But no sign of the Mongols appearing just yet. Meanwhile, I may have to stomp on another jihad from the badly splattered Sunni nations (as if they stand a chance!))
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-26 at 07:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

When it's 81F at 6:15 in the morning, I rather be here--
    Spoiler
    Show

Hasbro doing a little wish fulfillment here? That's kinda neat actually. Too bad my daughter is no longer into ponies. Heh, reading the comments just makes me laugh.

Accidentally ran over a Velociraptor while mowing the lawn yesterday. Kinda wanna feel bad for it, but I've been bitten by those things before and they are MEAN little suckers. Well, maybe not that little. They tend to choke the lawn mower.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Hasbro doing a little wish fulfillment here? That's kinda neat actually. Too bad my daughter is no longer into ponies. Heh, reading the comments just makes me laugh.
    Wow. This looks like the first canon confirmation that the magical portal between the human land and Equestria can really transfigure people who were originally humans to pony form. I've been wondering for ages whether they turn to a pony or remain a human.

(Also, wow. A book that is printed customized. I can't decide if this is a very good idea or a very bad idea.)
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2017-07-27 at 08:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

We've got the names of the last three episodes including te finale. No synopsis yet, but the names are something, at least.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Uncommon Bond" is rather unhelpful as a title only,. but "Shadow Play (Parts 1 & 2)" has more interesting connotations. I just hope it doesn't become "Glim Glam and friends save Equestria!" again. Once was fine and I like last season's finale, but the 3 of first 4 episodes were about her, so she can take a bit of a backseat this time and I'd be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    We've got the names of the last three episodes including te finale. No synopsis yet, but the names are something, at least.
    Better still, there is one new synopsis. (Well, new to me at least.)
    Spoiler: S7 future episodes
    Show
    Interesting. Compared to the list of episode titles we got back in April, we now have all four episode titles we were missing, and also the order of the episodes is changed.

The renumbered episodes are:
    • E17 To Change a Changeling (was E19).
    • E19 It Isn't the Mane Thing About You (was E20).
    • E20 A Health of Information (was E18).
    • E21 Marks and Recreation (was E22).
    • E22 Once Upon a Zeppelin (was E21).

The new episode titles are:
    • E18 Daring Done. Synopsises "When Rainbow Dash's favorite author, A.K. Yearling, announces her retirement, Dash convinces Pinkie Pie to go on a quest to find out if the book on Daring Do really will be closed forever." and also "...famous author A.K. Yearling teases a new novel..." (these two synopsis don't seem to match each other)
    • E24 Uncommon Bond.
    • E25 Shadow Play, Part I
    • E26 Shadow Play, Part II

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

This has probably been linked before (it's a year old), but I saw it posted on Reddit, and forgot how well it synced up. Also fitting time (RIP Chester Bennington) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTcFKsHQBBs

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

*skulldesk*

So, clearly yesterday's CK2 session was clearly saving up for today, because it absolutely fought me and was a complete arse the entire evening. Still. The Roman Empire finally wrested control of the coast from Suomi, and a bare couple of counties are left between the entire of the mainland coast from the North Sea through to nearly India. Which is not a bad run, and a good point for my last session before I go away at the weekend. (Tomorrow, I'll probabky play Deponia for a bit of a break!)

World in 1222.

Spoiler
    Show

The vassals. Bit border-gore-y, but I am just manging to keep a lid on it.

Alania is a bit big, but they keep conquering land, so I keep letting them keep it. I'm also de jure drifting everything new into existing kingdoms. Should have done that more right from the start, but it's a bit of a pain. I STILL have not managed to get Wessex, I think, out of the kingdom of Asturias and back to England, because every so often, I find I have to go in and slap someone around for trying to nick it and break the de jure drift... I don't know HOW long I've been at that, and it's still only 50% of the way there. (England and Wales have managed to drift into the Roman Empire at this point...!)

No idea what happened to the Mongols, though.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-27 at 07:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

I've had a busy summer this year. I went and volunteered as a Reptile Field Technician so I've been catching turtles, taking care of various reptiles, and educating the ignorant masses. Also I'm running a Worm game. So between that and not having much to say, I haven't been posting much. Not that I'm the most frequent poster anyways.

Still I do have a question. I'm almost finished the anime I'm watching. (Fate/Zero for the interested). And I'm looking at either watching Legend of Korra, or The Money of Soul and Possibility Control next.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Still I do have a question. I'm almost finished the anime I'm watching. (Fate/Zero for the interested). And I'm looking at either watching Legend of Korra, or The Money of Soul and Possibility Control next.
    So... what's the question? Which one to watch first? You should put a question mark in there somewhere. ;)
    Spoiler: Grammar police!
    Show

I haven't seen any of them, so I say roll dice.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #296

Can I tempt you with Fate/Apocrypha? It's in progress and sub only, but it's really good so far... even if we kind of know what's gonna happen ahead of time due to it being an adaption.

Siegfried is a beast and Jack the Ripper is adorafying.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-07-27 at 09:24 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Can I tempt you with Fate/apocrypha? It's in progress and sub only, but it's really good so far... even if we kind of know what's gonna happen ahead of time due to it being an adaption.

Siegfried is a beast.
    I'm planning on watching it when it's done. And yes Digo, it was a question on which one first, or if I shouldn't bother with one. (or both)

Also Kiri vs Kotomine is flat out the best fight in any of the series.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2017-07-27 at 09:25 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #298

I'm planning on watching it when it's done.
    ...Yeah, it's planned for two seasons, so it's gonna be a while.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

...Yeah, it's planned for two seasons, so it's gonna be a while.
    Til season 1 is done then.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #300

Also Kiri vs Kotomine is flat out the best fight in any of the series.
    Nah. I'm pretty sure that that's Illya Vs Gilgamesh Alter in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz.

If nothing else, it's the most cathartic fight to watch, especially after watching UBW.(On the other hand, there's a lot of... questionable stuff, in Prillya, so it's not for every one.)

Til season 1 is done then.
    Okay then!

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks