New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I'd still like to see fan-art of the double tree. Seen any such?
    Spoiler: Here's one
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

I'm glad you watched them. Would you care to give some details? What did you like or dislike in the films?

The films are better than the shorts though, so don't get disappointed when you watch them.
    Spoiler: These are old movies but I'm still gonna spoiler them
    Show

To be honest my favorite part out of all the films was Sunset, but everyone in the film was enjoyable (IMO). In RR I loved Twilight's and Sunset's talk about expectations put on them at the sleepover; the songs were pretty great too, and the sirens were very enjoyable villains. I liked the relatively more down-to-earth situation in FG - maybe it's like, High Fantasy Burnout, or something. It still ended with - as at least one person called it - "some stuff we borrowed from Evangelion", but I still liked it.

I could tell LOE was a little less polished than the previous two movies, but I still liked watching the girls discover their powers and how each reacted to them differently. The bit with Twi and Tim at the end made me smile like a goofball, but it also made me wonder how old everyone is actually supposed to be. I assume the characters are meant to be like, 16/17 (except probably Sunset) and Gloriosa is most likely at least 20+ if she's been running the camp for some time, which would (I hope) make Timber her younger brother. I'm thinking he's probably 17 or 18 since it doesn't seem like he's actually hired at the place.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just watched Discordant Harmony - and I loved it to bits! I think I am slowly turning into a Discord fanboy... but maybe that's a good thing. I especially liked the parts with multiple Discords. The externalisation of internal voices was pretty intriguing.

Spoiler: On the matter of EQG movies...
    Show
    Rainbow Rocks is probably my favourite of the series by far - but mostly because I really, really don't care much for SciTwi. The Sirens did not get enough screen time or development to be true characters, in my opinion, but their visuals and the tropes being invoked were probably enough, since the fandom interpretation is more or less pretty stable, methinks. Also, Rainbow Rocks was where the character of Sunset Shimmer was truly born, anyway, and for that, it gets my eternal thanks.

On a side note, I've taken up some light cooking as a hobby-lifeskill to work on. I really liked the pizza I made, but I think most of that had to do with the parmesan cheese I used. I did some pita bread to go with pork chops and lettuce, and next weekend I'll probably try my hands at Lasagne - it's my favourite pasta recipe, and it's easy enough that I probably won't mess anything up.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Uh… I don't read the comics, so I'm not really familiar with the lore there, except from second hand. I think there were supposed to be some ancient alicorn tribe that died out and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were the last remaining members. Apparently The Journal of the Two Sisters (the book version published in our universe) gives hints for this. That's the most clearly canonical reference to other alicorns, but the later parts of the Alicorns entry on the wikia also tells about other alicorns popping up in comics, though most of them are just errors.
    Ah - all well summarised in there. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Actually somewhat got caught up with EQG (watched RR, FG and LOE) and I'm really glad I did. I was missing some pretty great stuff, even though the original EQG kinda put me off the idea originally. Gotta find time to watch the shorts, now!
    EQG was a very shaky film. It wasn't particularly bad, but it had a lot of issues that stopped it being particularly good. The worst two for me were the amount of effort in linking the two worlds (setting up the crossing, reintroducing the characters as humans) and the ending, which seemed rushed and ... well it was hard to tell if Sunset was actually remorseful or just upset at being beaten.

That said, RR picked up the ball and ran with it. While I don't really dislike Starlight in the main series, Sunset's redemption arc was handled far, far better here. The inevitable link to the pony world was put in the middle and mercifully short (and, to be fair, well played). FG then upped the ante by introducing the human Twilight, and the end battle (where they literally reversed everything about the battle in EQG) was enough to make me forgive the original film.

LOE was a bit of a let down - a reasonable film, but I get the impression that they had now gotten a human Twilight and weren't quite sure what to do with her.

The shorts? Well, they were OK, but it felt like they were experimenting to see if they could work with TV timescales by taking a film and breaking it up into episodes, leaving you with something that was neither one thing nor t'other. Not too bad though, and I did like the Bad Girls gathering...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

5. - Top - End - #365
    Spamalot in the Playground

The art is good, but how does she get her little hooves to reach the pedals?
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd still like to see fan-art of the double tree. Seen any such?.
    Like this one?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Spoiler: These are old movies but I'm still gonna spoiler them
    Show

To be honest my favorite part out of all the films was Sunset, but everyone in the film was enjoyable (IMO). In RR I loved Twilight's and Sunset's talk about expectations put on them at the sleepover; the songs were pretty great too, and the sirens were very enjoyable villains. I liked the relatively more down-to-earth situation in FG - maybe it's like, High Fantasy Burnout, or something. It still ended with - as at least one person called it - "some stuff we borrowed from Evangelion", but I still liked it.

I could tell LOE was a little less polished than the previous two movies, but I still liked watching the girls discover their powers and how each reacted to them differently. The bit with Twi and Tim at the end made me smile like a goofball, but it also made me wonder how old everyone is actually supposed to be. I assume the characters are meant to be like, 16/17 (except probably Sunset) and Gloriosa is most likely at least 20+ if she's been running the camp for some time, which would (I hope) make Timber her younger brother. I'm thinking he's probably 17 or 18 since it doesn't seem like he's actually hired at the place.
    RR was my fav, and most of that was due to the music. It's the only movie where I acquired the sound track for, it was THAT good. Makes the afternoon commute home that much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by meto30 View Post
    On a side note, I've taken up some light cooking as a hobby-lifeskill to work on. I really liked the pizza I made, but I think most of that had to do with the parmesan cheese I used. I did some pita bread to go with pork chops and lettuce, and next weekend I'll probably try my hands at Lasagne - it's my favourite pasta recipe, and it's easy enough that I probably won't mess anything up.
    As the only chef of my household, I can do a lot with parmesan cheese. :q I have a recipe that batters pork in some cheese, egg wash, and bread crumbs, then fried just right for a nice crispy crust.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    LOE was a bit of a let down - a reasonable film, but I get the impression that they had now gotten a human Twilight and weren't quite sure what to do with her.
    Dump her and take Sunset!!

My problem with Equestria Games was that they intro'd too many characters and didn't have enough time to develop them.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    The art is good, but how does she get her little hooves to reach the pedals?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That interior looks exactly like the interior of the shuttle bus that takes students to and fro between my school's main gates and the nearby metro station... minus the separating wall between the driver's seat and the passenger area.

As the only chef of my household, I can do a lot with parmesan cheese. :q I have a recipe that batters pork in some cheese, egg wash, and bread crumbs, then fried just right for a nice crispy crust.
    Do share? :D I don't usually fry stuff due to all the cleaning deep-fries require afterwards, but I wanna go into fries in a few months. (Currently I stick mostly to baking)
    Last edited by meto30; 2017-08-08 at 09:00 AM.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

EQG was a very shaky film.
    Considering the concept was... Unbeliveably bad, the fact they managed to make it actually good (in my opinion) or at least not soul-crushingly terrible (more yours) is really quite impressive...!

I will be gettin' to them afore-threatened pictures, but I've had to hit the ground running getting ready for the convention and AccAtt ready for release.

But to tortue you before then, here's a GlimmerShip, AJShip and a sneak peak at the current version of the cover image for AccAtt (most of today's graft) to burn your eyes...

Spoiler
    Show

Thoughts on the latter would be welcome.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-08-08 at 04:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Considering the concept was... Unbeliveably bad, the fact they managed to make it actually good (in my opinion) or at least not soul-crushingly terrible (more yours) is really quite impressive...!
    Indeed - in many respects EQG is the reason I have a lot of faith in the production team to not screw things up completely.

Spoiler
    Show

Thoughts on the latter would be welcome.
    It says something for my current state of mind that my first thought when I saw that one was Duck from the old Railway Stories.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

It says something for my current state of mind that my first thought when I saw that one was Duck from the old Railway Stories.
    Not really.

He was the source material.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNc6Xc5uCxw (Well, love to see another new comer's video. Yes, I do read Asterix but from friend who bought them in Singapore. And I think many of us will be ready to peeve the moment he review the Falling Sky.)
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Shimmy looks awesome even in black and white

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372

That interior looks exactly like the interior of the shuttle bus that takes students to and fro between my school's main gates and the nearby metro station... minus the separating wall between the driver's seat and the passenger area.
    Neat. Maybe the artist is experienced with the same model shuttle bus!

Do share? :D I don't usually fry stuff due to all the cleaning deep-fries require afterwards, but I wanna go into fries in a few months. (Currently I stick mostly to baking)
    Well, caveat here is that cooking for me is an art, not a science. This means I don't do exact measurements when I cook. That said, there's not much measuring to be done, and it's easy to adjust~
    Spoiler: Nom Nom
    Show
    What I start with is three bowls.
    • The first filled with grated cheese.
    • The second with scrambled eggs.
    • And the third with breadcrumbs.

Get your pork slices out and you basically dip one in the cheese first to coat it, then the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs to get a nice breaded skin on there. Put it in a pan with a little bit of oil and fry it till the meat is cooked and both sides got a nice, crispy brown look to them. I usually make them in batches for dinner. There's not much to it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Shimmy looks awesome even in black and white
    Suddenly I have the soundtrack to Rent playing in my head.

Quiz of the day--Beachball or sun?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quiz of the day--Beachball or sun?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beach ball. The sky is too blue to be sunset.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Banned

Beach ball. The sky is too blue to be sunset.
    Not to mention that the orb is covering the clouds, rather than the other way around.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

http://www.cracked.com/pictofacts-75...y-valuable-now
    I wonder how many of you have toys since G1.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Not really.

He was the source material.
    Ah - copy from the best, I always say.

Well, not literally always, obviously...

17. - Top - End - #377

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Not to mention that the orb is covering the clouds, rather than the other way around.
    Hardly an issue in pony world.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Pony toys time! I'm showing you three.

Spoiler: toy images
    Show

The bad.

This is another of those unlicensed clones that show an MLP image in the show's art style on the packaging. Named "My Lovely Merry". Unlike the one I showed before, the toys in this one actually resemble MLP ponies in their look. Notice the heart-shaped white spots in their eyes by the way.

The ugly.

You know how some MLP toys don't look like the ponies in the show at all, right? This is a six inch vinyl minifig with two articulating joints in each of the hooves, and combable nylon hair. Can you recognize what character from the show it's supposed to depict? I've covered the parts of the packaging where it shows that character in the show's drawing style and their name.
    Spoiler: solution
    Show
    Coco Pommel, called Miss Pommel on the toy. I didn't recognize her. I usually recognize ponies from their manestyle, because the show uses so many distinctive and well-drawn styles, even in early seasons, and I don't pay much attention to eye color. Because of this, toys like this with nylon hair that's basically the same on every pony toy usually baffle me. The easiest giveaway on the image is the clothes rack she has, on which you can see the clothes she's made from Rarity's special fabric.

The good.

I just bought these. Called "Super squishy Fash'ems". Pack of six miniatures. They're two inch tall, so easy to carry with me. They're indeed super squishy: if you pinch the head strongly between your thumb on the snout and finger on the back of the head, the eyes expand to one and a half times their normal size, looking really funny. It seems they're actually molded from silicone. The characters are very recognizable, much more so than on most toys, because they used a different mold for each character, giving each of them a decent imitation of their hairstyle in the show. The head is big, the body small. I like the character selection too: Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Starlight Glimmer, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom. They actually managed to paint Rainbow Dash's hair better than on any mini I've seen. They have cutie marks painted on one side, but since they're so small, they've simplified the marks' design a bit, which is ironically an improvement for the Crusader's cutie mark design compared to the show. A few features I don't like: Rainbow Dash looks upwards at her own hair, Pinkie's hair and tail are strangely much larger than that of the other ponies. Update: also, the eye colors of the minis are completely wrong, which I didn't notice until now, because, just like I said, I don't pay attention to eye color.

Last edited by b_jonas; 2017-08-09 at 06:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so just saw a toy commercial for movie related product that showed a couple seconds of footage
    Spoiler: just in case
    Show
    confirmed that at least Pinkie and Fluttershy turn into seaponies at some point in the movie

Well, caveat here is that cooking for me is an art, not a science. This means I don't do exact measurements when I cook. That said, there's not much measuring to be done, and it's easy to adjust~
    Cooking IS an art..its Baking that's a science
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2017-08-10 at 07:19 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Cooking IS an art..its Baking that's a science
    I take to baking as an art too. My wife hates how I eyeball things instead of measuring them out, and yet all my baked goods come out nearly as good as Pinkie's stuff. Downside is oh boy did I gain weight when I took to baking all the time. Heh, so I pretty much try not to now.

Do you take the chance?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Well, as my mate was ill again, I spent the evening breeding Vulpix without the useful benefit of the post-game IV checker. Still, the RNG eventually has seemed to provide me with a reasonable one, so I can quiet the screaming nagging feeling of not having a member of one of Carnage Team's primary team nicknamed.

When was pony supposed to start again...?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

We've caught up to the various international releases and are waiting for this Saturday for the newest episode. Also, someone should call Pony-Darkseid, because it seems Twilight has inadvertently found the Anti-Friendship Equation,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Colossus in the Playground

I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

What about his demagogue orator named Glorious Godfrey?
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

It has already started by airing the two epsisodes that we've seen in the US too, but the first new episode E14 will be tomorrow evening.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Guff all immediately finished (just waitin' on some last advice from artist friend on AccAtt cover), so unfortuantely, it is (a bit belatedly) Time For Humorous Photos!

Spoiler
    Show
    So, girls, do we think we did better than Diamond Tiara's pool last year?

Weellll...

Yeah. Ah'd say so.

Shall we then...?
    Be rude not to...
    Altogether now...!

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER HYDRODYNAMIC ENGINEERS, YAY!

It's a Twi-Lighthouse!

Technically it's a coastal observation point.

Oh, hush, you.

(I didn't dare go futher back to take the photo, because it was windy as FRACK that day.)

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

"Official music video" for Mad Twience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLlz...ature=youtu.be

Is it just me, or does it sound like Tara Strong actually sings this?

King of the Ponies? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi2iJfyllgI
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-08-11 at 06:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

"Official music video" for Mad Twience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLlz...ature=youtu.be

Is it just me, or does it sound like Tara Strong actually sings this?

King of the Ponies? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi2iJfyllgI

Did...did she just make Spike a sex-bot?

EDIT: I'm watching an Asterix cartoon, and this line just made me crack up;

"Brutus stop playing around with that knife, you'll hurt someone."
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2017-08-11 at 08:17 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure when these Equestria Girls shorts are airing, but I saw three more that I didn't see in the...um, "first batch". And finally, best bacon hair gets one for her own

Spoiler
    Show
    Shake Things Up - Might be the worst song in the show/movies.

Well, Fluttershy didn't break out in song, and she didn't get a phoenix, but I'm ok with Sunset's new pet.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Shake Things Up - Might be the worst song in the show/movies.
    Spoiler: You mean...
    Show
    Worse than the Cloudsdale National Anthem? Or did that get Spiked?