New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Spoiler: s7 e13
    Show
    Well, that was an episode. Quite ... dusty in here at the moment (you soppy old bugger, Pilum...)

Oh, and because I'm a sad geek with no life, it works out to their 15 year anniversary. If you were curious.
    Last edited by Pilum; 2017-06-21 at 10:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

I'm curious: Can someone point me in the direction of good "Doctor Whooves" fics?

And by "good" I mean the ponies do more than just stand around and tell the Doctor how awesome he is. I'm only a casual Doctor Who watcher, but I like fics that provide an outsider perspective to a unique setting.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

What in blazes is going on with the schedule this season? They're airing episodes on Wednesday now? Two episodes?

Spoiler: S7E12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    It must be brain-meltingly weird to be around Discord. It must really put your faith in reality to a test.

Cheerilee's sister, mayhaps?

Is it just me, or have these ponies grown ... smaller?

Dun dun dun DUUUN!

Hehe, she's having fun.

Opposites attract! DiscordxFluttershy ... yeah, I'll ship that

Liked it! Discord is always a hoot, and Fluttershy being adorable is never a bad thing. Not much else to say about it.

Spoiler: S7E13 The Perfect Pear
    Show
    Grand Pear ... of course.

I'm guessing Granny doesn't like pears. I'm also guessing there's some history between her and Grand Pear.

Wait, is that young Granny? She changed her hair, I guess

I'm sensing real love between Granny and Grand. Just me? Just me, I guess

Wait, bug-eyed baby ponies talking? No, just no

Well, she is dangerously, distractingly cute.

Twilight spotted in the background!

Just mix it all together, bags and bottles and eggshells all, that's how ponies bake

"One hundred and thirty one thousand four hundred and fifty six hours". So 131456 hours, that's 5477 days or 15 years. I guess more evidence of ponies aging like humans. Bah, humbug!

"Doesn't that feel nice?" Well, I laughed, and laughter feels nice, so ... yes, yes it does.

They knew about the trees? Granny looked like she didn't. This is confusing.

Gosh darnit, but this episode was sweeter than sugar. Still no definitive word on what happened to their parents. I'm okay with leaving it unsaid, though.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: S7E13
    Show
    Bravo. Romantic stories usually don't make me cry (I was dry as a bone after seeing Casablanca), but this one got to me. While A Royal Problem is my favorite episode this season, this is objectively the best so far. The only thing that I felt was missing was an explanation as to why now; what changed in Grand Pear's life that he now wants to see his lost grandchildren? Did he only recently discover that they existed? Is he dying and he wanted to make amends before he goes?

Regardless, kudos. Thinking about the episode is making me tear up again, so I better leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Discordant Harmony
    Show
    This episode was cute!

The tea seller pony... I hope she's Cherilee sister.

I was pretty much confused myself how Fluttershy and Discord were friends. They ARE very different. I never had a close friendship myself where the other had nothing in common with me. I dont know why to be honest. I guess Im not like that?

If this episode made me wonder something, its how those friendship works. I would love to have someone getting me out of my comfort zone like that but in the same time, it takes good chimestry.

Its also interesting how Discord NEED to be chaotic to exist. I never would have guessed. I wonder if their is more of his species around but you know, just less talented with chaos magic.

I loved how Fluttershy went out of her way to help Discord on her own.

This episode was well-written and I LOVED seeing Discord so kind and trying to be so attentive to what Fluttershy would want, instead of you know, thinking of what he likes first. That was a lot of self-sacrifice, even if it brought him closer to his own doom.

Overral, I would give it... 8.5/10. The only downside where that I didnt laugh a lot in that episode or hit heartstrings too hardly. It was more on the cute side of things but I loved it. Well-written, adorable, very slice of life with a touch of chaos, it was delight!

Spoiler: The Perfect Pear WAS AWESOME !!!!
    Show
    As the title said...
    I loved that episode. I never saw a pony more adorable then Pear Butter.

I Wonder why Grandpear and Granny Smith weren't a couple HAHAHA!

That episode makes me cry everytime. I havent being touch in a love story since the first minutes of the movie " Up!"

I give this epsiode 1233/100, its just a perfect episode. Good characterization, good new ponies introduced, a awesome song.

Im just in love with this episode... One of the best episodes yet!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

https://youtu.be/yO95ZRrMSxw
    Well, anyone saw this video?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

7. - Top - End - #97
    Spamalot in the Playground

A personal story that goes with S7 Episode 13:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Around 2003ish I had managed to put together a local RP group. I just got a hold of the three-book set for D&D 3.5 and started on an idea for a grand campaign with ancient evil artifacts,
    a conspiracy made by several dragons, and an errant cleric that turned against his faith. It was a great group that had a lot of fun together on Saturdays playing great (and silly) heroes and rolling dice and laughing at the antics we'd geek over.

I spent 10 years running and playing in various table top RPGs with this group. Ten Years. It was in October of 2013 when one of our longest members beside myself suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized. He didn't survive the surgery, and the loss devastated the group utterly. And when I say utterly I mean the group broke apart.

We stopped having RP sessions.

We stopped hanging out.

We stopped talking to one another.

There were some like myself that did everything in their power to bring the group back together, but it was not to be. It wouldn't be until around fall of last year that I found a new local group. One of the players of the old disbanded group had put it together and invited me in. We're the only two from that long standing group of a bygone era, and we look back and wonder how are those people doing? Are they having a decent life? Employed in decent jobs? Having fun with their favorite past time?

I tell this story because I completely broke down crying when the Apples confronted Grandpa Pear and he admitted he shouldn't have left. All those years lost. Years gone when Pear should have been there for his daughter and watched her start her own family with Bright Mac. I saw my old group in Grandpa Pear. People who I knew so well and yet for reasons that shouldn't have occurred, we lost touch and never reconnected again. And like the Apples, I would so welcome them back if they ever returned.

Don't let time slip you by. It can't be rewound.

Spoiler: S7 Episode 13
    Show
    Yeah, I cried. This wasn't the Apple parents episode we asked for. This was the episode we earned. It was beautiful and I think my favorite of the season. Even more so than the Trixie episodes. And that might say something.

Granny's short mane style was really cute, as well as Mayor Mare's lavender colored mane. Nice. The song was really sweet.

It's interesting how bad events caused so many ponies to not talk about it and not realize until years later they shouldn't have held back so long. The only way this episode could have been better is if Goldie, Oak, Cake, and Mayor showed up to see the tree too and they all just reminisce at what was. Maybe it's for the best it didn't happen. I don't think my feels could handle it. Beautiful episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler: S7E12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    Is it just me, or have these ponies grown ... smaller?

Spoiler: S7E13 The Perfect Pear
    Show
    "One hundred and thirty one thousand four hundred and fifty six hours". So 131456 hours, that's 5477 days or 15 years. I guess more evidence of ponies aging like humans. Bah, humbug!
    Spoiler: Ep 12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    I think part of it is because Discord is rather large by comparison.

Spoiler: Ep 13 The Perfect Pear
    Show
    Ponies age like humans, but any headcanons on the occasional exception like Granny smith might still find explanations for her age.

Spoiler: S7E13
    Show
    (I was dry as a bone after seeing Casablanca),

The only thing that I felt was missing was an explanation as to why now; what changed in Grand Pear's life that he now wants to see his lost grandchildren? Did he only recently discover that they existed? Is he dying and he wanted to make amends before he goes?
    Spoiler: Ep13 Perfect Pear
    Show
    Wait, we're supposed to cry at Casablanca?

It could just be he realized his own mortality. My parents separated on unhappy terms, and things went quiet for a while. Then my dad comes back and tries to catch up with all his children. He visits,
    he spends time with his granddaughter, he buys her stuff and spoils her. A lot of that was because time is only so long for everyone and he wants to make up for lost years. I'm happy he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Spoiler: Discordant Harmony
    Show
    The tea seller pony... I hope she's Cherilee sister.
    Spoiler: Ep 12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    Interestingly, the comics gave Cheerilee a sister. Totally wasn't a tea seller though.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #98

Spoiler: Ep13 Perfect Pear
    Show
    That was really good. Great story, lots of new ponies, background music, song, voice acting, callbacks, just everything was so well done.

That we know Bright Mac and Pear Butter are ... gone ... adds just that little bit of sadness.

Who wrote this one, and who did all the new voices? I shall have to check the credits.

Shower thought: 131456 hours? That's some fancy mathematics.

Spoiler: Edit: Ep13 Perfect Pear cast list
    Show
    William Shatner was Grand Pear?!!!
    And Felicia Day was Pear Butter!!!
    Bill Mondy was Burnt Oak; haven't heard of him. Wonderful accent though.
    Last edited by Excession; 2017-06-21 at 07:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Show
    And Felicia Day was Pear Butter!!!
    Bill Mondy was Burnt Oak; haven't heard of him. Wonderful accent though.
    Spoiler: Ep 13 Pear
    Show
    WHAT?!

Dang, how did I miss that?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Show
    WHAT?!?

Wow, with all the other awesome things about the episode, I totally missed that.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Oh for... REALLY?

What the merry frack is up with the epsidoe schedules world-wide? Are they doing it deliberately to be annoying or what?

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh for... REALLY?

What the merry frack is up with the epsidoe schedules world-wide? Are they doing it deliberately to be annoying or what?
    It's the Friendship is Magic pre-movie World Tour!
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Game Grumps have their first ever podcast episode, there's a new Bronies React (season 7 premier), and a new episode to watch. So much stuff to watch after work.

Spoiler: S7EP13
    Show
    FYI, Grand Pear was William Shatner, and Pear Butter was Felicia Day. Holy F balls.

Speaking of, Pear Butter was freaking adorable. Great design.

Oh, Mayor Mare said "man and wife". Not "mare and colt" as they have before for weddings.

One thing that bothered me. As important as this was, it seemed like all this should have happened much earlier in their lives, shouldn't it? Plus, given how close everyone in Ponyville is, Mayor Mare and Mrs. Cake should at one point have told them something.

But that's a minor nitpick. Definitely a tearjerker episode, and one that finally tells a story everybody's been clamoring for. Plus, pretty sure the parents are dead.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-06-22 at 12:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Show
    Oh, Mayor Mare said "man and wife". Not "mare and colt" as they have before for weddings.
    Spoiler: The Perfect Pear
    Show
    I heard "husband and wife," and the transcript on mlpwiki backs my recollection up. As for conforming to a previously-set standard, that went out the window in Slice of Life, where Mayor Mare pronounced Cranky and Matilda "jack and jenny."

Yes, those are the terms for male and female donkeys, like mare and stallion ("colt" presumably just flows better) are for horses and ponies, but it's not like it's a big oversight.

Decent writing + stellar performances = good episode.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

S7 E11 replies. Why have there been so few comments about this episode by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler: E11 Not Asking For Trouble
    Show
    Whatever happened to Yakyakistan being so far away and unreachable that nopony had ever seen it before? Now they just fly there like it's nothing at all?
    Spoiler: S7 E11
    Show
    Good question.

It's probably not the same situation as with the Everfree Forest. In S1 E1, none of the Mane Six had been to the forest because it's so scary. In S1 E17, they're still somewhat scared, but not enough to not go there if there's a good reason, such as looting random drops for spell components. In S4 E3, all six go into the forest like it's nothing, they are only scared about the dungeon. The ponies have gained several levels, so the forest is now at an easy enough challenge rating for them, plus they have mapped most of the forest so they know what to expect and can prepare properly.

Most of this doesn't really apply to Yakyakistan, so yes, it's a bit strange. Maybe part of the reason why nopony went to Yakyakistan is that you had to pass through the wastelands on the north which were haunted by King Sombra. Now that King Sombra is gone, and the Crystal Empire is rebuilt, ponies can travel there more easily. And of course ponies might have been scared of the yaks themselves too, but now they are friends for a thousand moons.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler: Ep 11 Yak
    Show
    Here's my hangup--why didn't Pinkie get help from the Crystal Empire? It's much closer and there are unicorns and an alicorn available to tap. Come on, I'm sure they could get a babysitter. Don't they have servants for that kind of stuff?
    Show
    The ponies from Crystal Empire wouldn't know what to do. Ponies in Ponyville have this great feast where they wrap up winter by ploughing the snow and the pegasuses removing the clouds and bringing in some wind so the sun can melt the snow, and almost everypony in Ponyville participates in it. They can pull off something like that in another town without too much preparation. The Crystal Empire ponies feed love to the magical artifact guarded in their town, and that magical artifact keeps the snow and winter away. They don't know any other way to control the weather, as you could see in S6 E2 when everyone was at loss for what to do when the artifact broke. They would need a long weather control course before they can go help some other town.

Also, Pinkie Pie was respected enough in Ponyville so she could convince her friends there that the leading regime in Yakyakistan is bad enough that they had to intervene, but she might not have been able to pull the right strings for that in the Crystal Empire.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    It's the Friendship is Magic pre-movie World Tour!
    As organized by the Pre-Twilight winter Wrap-up team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Show
    One thing that bothered me. As important as this was, it seemed like all this should have happened much earlier in their lives, shouldn't it? Plus, given how close everyone in Ponyville is, Mayor Mare and Mrs. Cake should at one point have told them something.

Plus, pretty sure the parents are dead.
    Spoiler: S7 Ep 13 Pear
    Show
    I assume it didn't happen earlier because depicting a much younger couple eloping is probably not the kind of thing Hasbro wants to show their target audience. :x

I do wonder why no one said anything to the Apple kids. I can only imagine that the Apple parents' death was just that tragic and the entire town was left traumatized. No one could bring themselves to talk about it openly. It takes all three children showing up together to get folks to spill the beans. And yeah, the way it was shown I'm pretty sure the parents have died.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Spoiler: The Perfect Pear
    Show
    Yes, those are the terms for male and female donkeys, like mare and stallion ("colt" presumably just flows better) are for horses and ponies, but it's not like it's a big oversight.
    Show
    Yeah, Stallion is three syllables and colt just one. Things are easier to flow in 'smaller' words.

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Show
    The ponies from Crystal Empire wouldn't know what to do. Ponies in Ponyville have this great feast where they wrap up winter by ploughing the snow and the pegasuses removing the clouds and bringing in some wind so the sun can melt the snow, and almost everypony in Ponyville participates in it. They can pull off something like that in another town without too much preparation. The Crystal Empire ponies feed love to the magical artifact guarded in their town, and that magical artifact keeps the snow and winter away. They don't know any other way to control the weather, as you could see in S6 E2 when everyone was at loss for what to do when the artifact broke. They would need a long weather control course before they can go help some other town.

Also, Pinkie Pie was respected enough in Ponyville so she could convince her friends there that the leading regime in Yakyakistan is bad enough that they had to intervene, but she might not have been able to pull the right strings for that in the Crystal Empire.
    Spoiler: S7 Ep 11 Yak
    Show
    Pinkie can coordinate the Crystal Ponies together to help. I'm sure her party planning skills would give her some ability to shovel snow from a buried town. The artifact breaking in S6E2 causes no mere ordinary snow fall. It's like a malevolent storm that even Celestia and Luna couldn't stop, so of course the Crystal Ponies wouldn't know how to handle that kind of event. But for the Yaks, it was just an avalanche of mundane snow. It doesn't fight back. It just needs to be shoveled.

Plus, Pinkie knows Cadance and Shining AND is a hero of Equestria. Maybe the Crystal Ponies don't know her personally, but they would recognize Pinkie's importance. And the royal family would totally vouch for her too.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I do wonder why no one said anything to the Apple kids. I can only imagine that the Apple parents' death was just that tragic and the entire town was left traumatized. No one could bring themselves to talk about it openly. It takes all three children showing up together to get folks to spill the beans. And yeah, the way it was shown I'm pretty sure the parents have died.
    Spoiler: ep 13
    Show
    Its possible Granny Smith has done a bit to suppress the knowledge. Note Goldie Delicious asking them if Granny knows they're there. She might've wanted to keep such painful information from then until they're older and kept putting it off.

I don't think the higher ups would let them outright state their parents are dead, so vague references are probably as close as we'll get. I think the writers are smart enough to know bringing them back would be a very bad idea.
    Last edited by Adderbane; 2017-06-22 at 11:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Spoiler: ep 13
    Show
    Its possible Granny Smith has done a bit to suppress the knowledge. Note Goldie Delicious asking them if Granny knows they're there. She might've wanted to keep such painful information from then until they're older and kept putting it off.

I don't think the higher ups would let them outright state their parents are dead, so vague references are probably as close as we'll get. I think the writers are smart enough to know bringing them back would be a very bad idea.
    Show
    You know, I just realized how many fanfics/art/headcanons there were about AJ hating pears. Haha, guess all those gotta get tossed out now. ^_^

Yeah, Granny probably would have done some suppression, believing it would protect the kids as they were really young at the time. But kids are smarter than most give them credit for.

Edit--
    Oh wow. Are Knights of the Dinner Table even still relevant?
    Spoiler: comic cover
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-06-23 at 07:13 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Bit of fridge logic for ep 12: this is isn't much of a spoiler if you already know the basic plot, more about the scheduling, but just in case...:
    Spoiler: s7 e12
    Show
    From Treehugger's episode, we know that Fluttershy "love(s) our Tuesday teas."

And what day did Australia air it on..?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

So. Wonder Woman was very enjoyable.

Spoiler
    Show

That's the first DC movie (discounting LEO Batman) that I've seen since Green Lantern.

Heck, if they keep this up, the DCCU might not nosedive into complete crap!

I am tempted now to go see Justice League just solely for Wondy, actually. I think the movie's made me a little bit of a convert.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, in non-pony news, I've officially moved into my own home, and now have tv/internet set up. just in time for the mid-season hiatus.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, in non-pony news, I've officially moved into my own home, and now have tv/internet set up. just in time for the mid-season hiatus.
    There's a haitus?

You mean I might be able to ACTUALLY catch up...?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There's a haitus?

For there to be a hiatus there would need to be a schedule, and I'm not entirely sure they have one...

24. - Top - End - #114

Congrats on the home thing! Having your own place means never needing permission to wear pajamas all day.

There's a haitus?

So long as you don't blow up the planet, it's quite possible.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #115
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    For there to be a hiatus there would need to be a schedule, and I'm not entirely sure they have one...
    They have one. It's just not US-centric for once.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Congrats on the home thing! Having your own place means never needing permission to wear pajamas all day.
    I will admit, given that I've also now moved to Florida, there is a certain advantage to being able to declare myself free from the tyranny of pants at any time.

So long as you don't blow up the planet, it's quite possible.
    Actually, given the fact that multiple countries have been broadcasting episodes early, some selective blowing stuff up might help.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

So... After seeing Wonder Woman, I was still on a bit of a kick so...

I... kinda binge-watched the entire season of Justice League Action. I don't do that sort of thing very often...

Good show (obvously). Sorta feels like it could be a contination of the DCAU (sometimes).

What I think I like best about it is that even Batman is sometimes the butt of the joke (and this was an issue with DCAU Batman, so it feels very right).

And it capped with a Wonder Woman episode, so that was appropriate considering...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-06-23 at 08:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

I will admit, given that I've also now moved to Florida, there is a certain advantage to being able to declare myself free from the tyranny of pants at any time.
    And that's what true freedom is about.

Spoiler
    Show

Actually, given the fact that multiple countries have been broadcasting episodes early, some selective blowing stuff up might help.
    I have a list of individuals. :D
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Discortant Harmony had some great animation.
    Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: This probably doesn't need to be spoilered, but just in case...
    Show
    I wish The Perfect Pear hadn't been spoilerd/they spoiled one more episode. Having that episode be the last one until after hiatus has me reeling from the feels.

Aslo, Digo, I didn't respond, but the Casablanca bit is becuase when I was 8 or so, Mad About You hyped it up as the most romantic movie ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.