Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Still catchin' up:

Spoiler: S7e11
    Show
    This episode tells us two things.

1) Pinkie Pie is a good diplomat. On reflection, this should not really be surprising, given her social skills and that (when she's paying attention) she also knows when to curb her enthusiasm to the right level.

2) Dear Lichemaster, the Yaks are stupid. Stupid, arrogant and stubborn in the worst combination. You shoulda left 'em to freeze, Pinkie, it would have been Darwinism at its finest. To quote from a movie I watched not too long ago... They don't deserve you.

I was not fond of the yaks the first time, and this second time did NOT endear them to me. Willful stupidity I do not find amusing even distantly.

Fortunately, Pinkie managed to carry the entire episode's weight single-hoofedly, though it still was only pretty meh.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-06-24 at 08:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: This probably doesn't need to be spoilered, but just in case...
    Show
    Aslo, Digo, I didn't respond, but the Casablanca bit is becuase when I was 8 or so, Mad About You hyped it up as the most romantic movie ever.
    I was in college when I saw it and it didn't do anything really. Was just 'alright' for a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler: S7e11
    Show
    I was not fond of the yaks the first time, and this second time did NOT endear them to me. Willful stupidity I do not find amusing even distantly.
    Spoiler: S7 e11
    Show
    And the way it ended with the yaks saying hoe Pinkie finally "got them", by helping instead of asking or whatever. Geez. Yeah, you're right. Let Darwin sort this mess out. Or to put it another way--

Spoiler: Let Celestia Deal With Them
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler: S7 e11
    Show
    And the way it ended with the yaks saying hoe Pinkie finally "got them", by helping instead of asking or whatever. Geez. Yeah, you're right. Let Darwin sort this mess out. Or to put it another way--

Spoiler: Let Celestia Deal With Them
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see Celestia follows the Nanoha Takamachi school of friend making.

Also, I don't think we need to still need to spoiler episode 11 info since it's been over a week since the US airdate.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Still catchin' up:

Spoiler: s7e12
    Show
    Well.

That was... Okay? I mean, Discord carried the episode well enough, I guess (I mean, John DeLancie), but there didn't seem to be much bite to this one.

Although, he's definitely corrupted Fluttershy a bit. And vise-versa, since he actually nearly manged to destroy himself by his own hand. Which is pretty daft.

There wasn't any point I was especially laughing out loud though.

Spoiler: s7e13
    Show
    Hm. Yeah. I think I can see where this is going, it's...

WAS THAT WILLIAM SHATNER?!

Was... That... William Fracking SHATNER?!?!?!

UNHOLY FRACKING CRAP. Young Granpear even sort of looks Kirk-like!

And, huh, it did NOT go where I expected it to (at least not with Granny and Kirk!Pony).

I like that this episode simultaneously canons the long-fan-hilaritied apple vrs pear thing, while at the same time, totally destroying AJ's sense of mental image. Half-pear. Bahahahahah!

*rest of episode later*

Yeah.

Okay.

That was not REMOTELY what I was expecting from the first five minutes. I was expecting an apple-flavoured rehash of the hillybilly feud episode I can't dignify remembering the name of, but instead we actually get to see the parental apples(/pears) and backstory. And a love story. Which is something I really would never have expected.

Complete with the definite hints that said parents are very definitely past-tense. Shame that it's so likely that will never be explored (because of silliness - if Seseme Street can bloody do it, no-one has any excuse and I know from personal experience death can hit your family whatever age you are).

Good episode.

Didn't hit me emotionally, as I have surmised from other psts some of you have (by inadvertent clicking) (guess Wonder Woman did that quota this week), but it was nevertheless very interesting.

Also - William fracking Shatner?!?!?!

Edit:

And, since we're not THAT many days behind a quick skim back through ponythread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Spoiler: s7 e13
    Show
    Oh, and because I'm a sad geek with no life, it works out to their 15 year anniversary. If you were curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler: S7E13 The Perfect Pear
    Show
    "One hundred and thirty one thousand four hundred and fifty six hours". So 131456 hours, that's 5477 days or 15 years. I guess more evidence of ponies aging like humans. Bah, humbug!
    Show
    Never thought of working that out.

Still, actual confirmation of pony aging ball-park finally fracking confirmed!

Good job I watched s7e11 before I read the latest pony comic, since it follows that episode more or less directly. How the frack did they manage THAT?

Bleakplays Plays EUIV: Necrolantis Rises!

Spoiler: Necrolantis Arises! 20
    Show
    And we're back!

Except we're not, because randomly EUIV suddenly doesn't register any of the DLC. And fo9r some reson, Steam has decided that it dfoesn't want to do anything like any work of any sort today with the internet.

After much faff (the usual restarting steam, verifying files, manually clearing and re-downloading DLC), on reading a similar problem with Stellaris, just as I was about to post a bug report, I logged out and back into my steam account and that apparently worked.

So, first frag knows how long is likely to be resetting all my message notifications...

Okay, maybe not.

First off, slight panic as aparently three CNs suddenly had over 50% liberty desire. I was in the middle of panic, trying to work out what happened... And then I noticed all the relations were at 0. Mystified, I hovered my mouse over them and magically, the correct value filled, in dropping them to the correct value (except for recently vassilised Morocco, which correctly gained its liberty desire. Wierd.

Okay, after a review and pulling a merchant to a real trading spot (instead of being apparently assigned to nothing and thus crashing the game when clicked on), we are going to wait for stuff (especially admin) to tick in for a bit, at least until the next idea and some spare has come in. I elected to use a single Hrash Treatment to shove the absolutism up.

Welp, we eclipsed France, so we only have the Ottomans as rivals now...

Paramount Priest Selagus became Industrious in his old age...

June 1623 brought the nbext idea, reducing mercenary maintenance costs by 25%.

Selagus died (showing how little that last personality trait was worth!) and Acnonios Omirid (5/6/5) became the new Paramount Priest, with the merchant's son Ephron Alcetid (4/4/4) (6/6/4) being the new heir.

As that cost 5 devotion, a strengthen goverment raised that back up - but far more importanly, added +2 absolution!

Unfortunately, there was no way to raise the clergy's loyalty immediately, so that was a pain. Still, the windfall of cash was nice!

Ephron became a Free Thinker. (Nice! (And only on the second try...))

I spent some of that cash upgrading all the transport ships, while we were waiting around, and the last of it on a Trade Station manufactory in Cameroon.

December, we lost a miliatry leader. Tedious... Themistoclis created a colonila assembly (bad) but we got a travelling minstrel (good, +50 Admin!)

August 1624, and Kongo continued to keep on our good side with a small gift of cash...

Huh, another year and we could maybe mop up Mali... But, I think Portugal has to be the next target, though - but give it another year or so, until the diplomats had gotten some of their current jobs done.

Missionary finished, was was sent out again to work on the next of the Sunni provinces.

April 1625, native assimilation in Uskahannok.

June, and both Selagis and Theronis created colonial assemblies. The first diplomat arrived back, and was sent to create a spy network. I was waiting for the diplomat in Songhai to get the relations up (since that had now out-lived its usefulness)... Then I remembered that I didn't want to do that until I'd gotten the influence ideas (next group), so I considered recalled the diplomat but decided against it. We are going to hold this time-zone, though, as if we went now, both Aragon and Kongo would join us, but we'll experimentally run a year or so fowards to get the spy network going first. (So may as well let the diplomat finish.) In the meantime, I figured, then, I might as well spend the point to get the next idea (-10% tech cost).

Slerfuj was nearly done, so I pulled the colonist back and dispated him to Florges in the Moluccans.

Apparently, we can make France a rival again.

Nearly there...

Great Karoo was nearly done, so the colomnist was recalled and sent to neigbouring Roggeveld.

Aha. A mission to gain a foothold in Spain - actually useful, since we would very shortly be attempting to do just that!

Recalled the colonist from Butuan and sent him to neighbouring Visayas - then there would be only three porivnces left in the Malaccas not under Necrolantic control.

Almost to the point where we can create the first claim - time to recall the diplomat from Songhai... Started work on another 12k army, just in case...!

1st of November 1626... Oh. Apparently, it costs 70 to fabricate a claim. Dunno where that came from (the mission perhaps, givig claims?) Nevermind!

Well, we may as well se the Morrocan claims for re-conquest, so let's jump to it! Our allies are still game (sadly, so are Holland, Castille and Oldenburg and we don't want to pull in their allies, so...)

January, and just as it started, we got Mil tech 19 - extra supply (nice!) and upgrade to American Swarm Cavalty! Great!

A global war, if nothing else...!

During the fighting, I pulled the colonist from Florges and sent him to Pangasian in the Malaccas. To my extreme announace, Britain had managed to colonise the Fiji (perhaps I should have sent one there, but nevermind...) That just makes them target two...!

May 1629 - as expected, this was going to be a long war! Still, it was slowly going our way; by this point, all of Portugal's Africa provinces were under our control, and we were starting on Castille in anger.. Now, the first age power could be taken, and I took the +1 yearly absolutism for a start (though, under the circumstances, with unrest being a bit of pain, I was tempted to the -50% harsh treatment cost...) Ming also declared us their rival. Inevitable, really.

By the end of the year, I was nearly at the diplomatic cap, and I didn't want to make any large investments (i.e. technology) in order to keep things for the peace deals - so I started culture converting the lowest-cost provinces - mostly the Pacific islands.

Mid-war, had to stop to fight the RNG, which was throwing a wobbly again.

Finally, by 1630, it was all over bar the shouting. I figured it wasn't even worth going after Holland and Oldenburg - Castille and Portugal's subjugation would be enough. I thought I would have to give land to my allies, but once I looked up the favor system I had loads of favors, so that was fine. (And I was 75% expecting to be called in a sucession war by Aragon shortly, since the game kept trying to do that...)

I finally peaced out Castille, taking the Canaries and st Helena, as well as Upper Andelucia and a few island CN provinces. I could probably have gotten one or two more if I skipped the war reparations, but I decided against it. Just under 30% over-extension...

Peace with Portugal finally came. As per usual, I spent quite some time working out what I coudl take. In the end, I bord a line of my territory to Ceuta (the reconquest wargoal), meaning I now controlled both sides of the Gibralar Strait. I bored Morocoo a line to the coast as well, so they would be able to contribute much more readily for longer. Portuguese Theronis was entirely wiped out, and Sofia now only had two Protuguese provinces left, both on one landmass. I also managed to take all of the tiny islands around Telephoria, again, just leaving the mainland - much easier for them to deal with. It cost be the chnace to take all of the North Morocco region or any money, but I felt that was best. Total verextension came in nice and low at 83%.

This was good, because we had only five years before the claim on Mali expired, so that was our immediate next priority! Still, the time in which in would take to core was enough that I bought the next innovation idea.

Pulled the spy back from Portugal (hey, still got loads of claims on Spain - that's a benefit of the mission I didn't know about!) And noticed we'd got two more mechants, which Sent to new trade nodes.

Great Britain was making inroads, unfortunately, to the islands north of Austraila - but we'd have to deal with them in due course. Started work on a trio of manufactories as well.

I suppressed the Yao rebels a couple of times with Harsh Treatment - mostly for the Absolutism boost.

Native assimilation in Flores...

Fighting with the RNG...

November 1632 - the Castillian cores finished. They were at about low thirties autonomy, so I upset every one re4ducing it (mostly for absolutism again, though it does mean I'll have to leave a shapr eye on that region...)

Diplomatic tech 19 came at the start of the next year. This allowed better light and heavy ships. I had held off upgrading the heavies until now (rightly so, since I only needed to pay once!) and I was considering the lights, depending on how much it would cost...

Come February, all the coring was done. I actually realsied that stating the Azores, canaries and Madeira actually gave me more cash than Upper Andelusia, as there was quite a bit of development between them. I ummed and erred, and checked that the sucession war now now unlikely (the king of England now had a baby son), so I could afford to not need 48k or troops for an emergancy, so they could stand by to do some revel supressing - so I reduced the autonomy.

Noep, to expensive to upgrade the light ships; maybe later!

March, and it was time to wrap up Mali.

When the diplomat got back. (There was a spy there already.)

Recalled a couple of colonists and sent them to the Malaccas (Cagayanb, penultimate province) and Africa (Highveld).

On the 24th of May, the final storming of Mali began! (after fabricating one more claim for good measure...!)

Kongo keeps giving us gifts! And to be fair, it IS working...!

Paramount Priest Acnonios became an archtectural visionary (-10% building cost - it'll do!)

Visayas finished, so I pulled a colonist and senty him to Ilocos, the last Malacca province. That's done!

By September, it was all done. Mali, having been stripped before, fell effortlessly. I shoved a couple of provinces Morocco#s way (since that finished a state for them - and I was running low on states!)

The coring cost was so pitiful, that never mind dealing with Brunei next, I took the next Admin tech (19 - more immediately useful than the next idea). Now we could upgrade the temples to cathedrals! So I got right on that and started a load.

Oh frack! I'm such a dimwit! I've got four colonists, not three - so one's been sitting idle instead of colonising stuff or helping! Nevermind, dispatched one to Ambon (highest dev proivne in the immediate Molaccas region).

In December, we started the final assault on Brunei.

By July, Brunei was gone (it might have been sooner, but I dealt with it with just one 12k stack), and the first set of rebels in Granada had been crushed.

After a lot of thought, really, the next option had to be a refractory period - and a bit of naval build up - because the next target would have to be Britain.

September, 1634, and just as the first batch of cathedrals were finished, the price of silk rose +25%. Neat.

Started a mission to get the Commonwealth (rival our rival) to 100 relations. Burnt some sword mana on Harsh treatment of rebels for the absolutism boost.

December 1635 and Acnonios died. Ephron Alcetid (6/6/4) became Paramount Priest and Nikandros Sosiclid 5/2/2 5/6/6 became the new heir (as usual, a merhcant's son. Especially becase the cash boost was kinda required, since we'd accidently eoght colonies, so until one finished, we were running on a negative.

And wee shall it it there, with the personality to be decided, because I can't be bothered to fght the RNG more anothe however long tonight - as usual, as it comes up to quitting time, it is then it throws the most barney...

Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-06-25 at 08:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Show
    WAS THAT WILLIAM SHATNER?!

Was... That... William Fracking SHATNER?!?!?!
    And also,
    Spoiler: S7 Ep13
    Show
    Besides Shatner, Pear Butter was voiced by Felicia Day.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

And also,
    Spoiler: S7 Ep13
    Show
    Besides Shatner, Pear Butter was voiced by Felicia Day.
    Spoiler: S7EP13
    Show

I think her role is getting over shadowed by Shatner's, even though her voice was awesome and SHE SANG A SONG.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Spoiler: S7EP13
    Show

I think her role is getting over shadowed by Shatner's, even though her voice was awesome and SHE SANG A SONG.
    Spoiler: Spare the Pears
    Show
    That's probably because Shatner is far better known. At the very least I knew him for Star Trek and T.J. Hooker, wheras I had never heard of Felicia Day at all.

Of course, Shatner is also known for his singing skills (in particular doing a cover of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds). Fortunately Felicia Day did the singing here.

Of course, as a non-USA/Canada person I am not going to be familliar with most of the guests. Off the top of my head I only recognised John De Lancie (From Doctor Who and Torchwood) and "Weird Al" Yankovic (and then, only for one song).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Show
    That's probably because Shatner is far better known. At the very least I knew him for Star Trek and T.J. Hooker, wheras I had never heard of Felicia Day at all.

Of course, Shatner is also known for his singing skills (in particular doing a cover of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds). Fortunately Felicia Day did the singing here.

Of course, as a non-USA/Canada person I am not going to be familliar with most of the guests. Off the top of my head I only recognised John De Lancie (From Doctor Who and Torchwood) and "Weird Al" Yankovic (and then, only for one song).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed.

I've heard Felicia Day's name, but I couldn't put a face to it, nor have I clue what she's been in.

9. - Top - End - #129

Show
    Of course, Shatner is also known for his singing skills

and "Weird Al" Yankovic (and then, only for one song).
    Spoiler: Ep 13 Perfect Pear
    Show
    Shatner is an interesting actor. He's often poked fun of for disjointed speech and hammy acting, but he's also lived for it and he really knows how to act drama. This man is like great and terrible at the flip of a switch and that's what's interesting. His performance here is really good. Like, you can feel the pain of having waited too long to come back to Ponyville.

Only one song for Al? Okay, i'm curious, which one?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    Shatner is an interesting actor. He's often poked fun of for disjointed speech and hammy acting, but he's also lived for it and he really knows how to act drama. This man is like great and terrible at the flip of a switch and that's what's interesting. His performance here is really good. Like, you can feel the pain of having waited too long to come back to Ponyville.
    Spoiler: Ep 13
    Show
    Oh, indeed. He has covered a number of things, including writing. I don't care for much of his output, but I acknowledge that he has done a lot of things, and often done them successfully.

And yes, his performance as Grand Pear (grandpere? - I love the bilingual pun) was indeed excelent. I especially liked the fact that I couldn't tell it was Shatner - they didn't try to play on his more famous roles.

A notable difference with John De Lancie/Discord/Q, where the similarity between the two roles was deliberate (if I recall correctly, Discord started off as something of a homage to Q, then they managed to get John De Lancie to do the part)

Everything you know is wrong, which ironically I was introduced to by the MLP fandom (specifically the episode 100 review by Josh Burner). What goes around...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

11. - Top - End - #131

Spoiler: Ep 13
    Show
    I especially liked the fact that I couldn't tell it was Shatner - they didn't try to play on his more famous roles.
    Spoiler: Ep 13 Pear
    Show
    I'll admit that I didn't know it was Shatner either at first. :o

Everything you know is wrong, which ironically I was introduced to by the MLP fandom (specifically the episode 100 review by Josh Burner). What goes around...
    That's a fun song. My introduction to Weird Al came from the original animated Transformers Movie. Something few people remember that he actually had a song in (Dare to be Stupid).
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a fun song. My introduction to Weird Al came from the original animated Transformers Movie. Something few people remember that he actually had a song in (Dare to be Stupid).
    I've been a long time Weird Al fan; I actually owned CDs and cassettes of his in high school (which should tell you a) how much I liked his music if he was an artist I owned media from during the super-angsty "everything I like is a deep insight to my inner turmoil" high school period, and b) howw old I must be if the media storage of choice back then were CDs and cassettes). And while Dare to Be Stupid is a classic Weird Al song, if we're being honest, that's not the song we assosiate with the movie. This one is:
    Last edited by digiman619; 2017-06-26 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

While I'm definitely more familiar with Weird Al, the only song I know by heart is The Adventure Begins. The odd part about this is that I'm not even a Star Wars fans.

14. - Top - End - #134

A brilliant comic that pears well with episode 13, Perfect Pear.

And while Dare to Be Stupid is a classic Weird Al song, if we're being honest, that's not the song we assosiate with the movie. This one is:
    You got the touch... you got the poooowerrrrr!

Yeah, that's the iconic theme of the movie. ^_^
    I miss the wonderful animated stuff from the 80s.

While I'm definitely more familiar with Weird Al, the only song I know by heart is The Adventure Begins. The odd part about this is that I'm not even a Star Wars fans.
    Interesting. I don't know that one to well. Maybe the first lines. His older stuff i'm more familiar with.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting. I don't know that one to well. Maybe the first lines. His older stuff i'm more familiar with.
    I have run into one of the problems with conversations online: I know that song by heart, but if I quote, it, there's no way to prove that I didn't look it up.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Just watched episode 13, the perfect Pear. Been crying nonstop since the song. Dear god that was amazing... ;_;
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Just watched episode 13, the perfect Pear. Been crying nonstop since the song. Dear god that was amazing... ;_;
    Yeah, they really needed to only spoil episode 12, or also spoil episode 14. It was an amazing episode, but a horrible, horrible place to stop.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

You got the touch... you got the poooowerrrrr!

Yeah, that's the iconic theme of the movie. ^_^
    It was the best theme from the movie, though I'd not say it was iconic...

But then again, I have been more or less continuously listening to the entire sound track (songs and score) on and off since the 1980s, only outside my head the moment I was able to acquire them by the magic of CDs and the internet, so I may be slightly biased.

(It is a rare occasion that a discussion about music actually broaches mast my area of interest, which consists almost entirely of sound tracks, with a particualr bias towards Star Fleet and Pokémon...)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Now go listen to the Apple rendition of Auld Lang Syne from the MLP Christmas album

20. - Top - End - #140

I have run into one of the problems with conversations online: I know that song by heart, but if I quote, it, there's no way to prove that I didn't look it up.
    I can see how that is a problem, but I have no reason to believe you're lying.

Spoiler
    Show

It was the best theme from the movie, though I'd not say it was iconic...
    Do you feel there was one?

(It is a rare occasion that a discussion about music actually broaches mast my area of interest, which consists almost entirely of sound tracks, with a particualr bias towards Star Fleet and Pokémon...)
    A large chunk of my music collection is soundtracks from various Saturday Morning cartoons throughout the 80s.

And then there's Pinkie Pie.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

You ever have those times when you just don't know what you want to play? I've got loads things to play (halfway through loads of games); at least one new game untouched... But I'm at that sort of state where nothing seems to jump out, so I end up playing nothing or wasting a couple of hours of indecision, doing nothing. (Not like there's anything on TV either, since I am up-to-date with the vanishingly small number of shows I watch... And even if it was a potential DVD night, I'm sort of back to square one, with no clear idea of what I would want to watch at the moment anyway...) It's not the first time this week - even in the last couple of weeks, actually.

What do you do in those circumstances?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground

You ever have those times when you just don't know what you want to play? I've got loads things to play (halfway through loads of games); at least one new game untouched... But I'm at that sort of state where nothing seems to jump out, so I end up playing nothing or wasting a couple of hours of indecision, doing nothing. (Not like there's anything on TV either, since I am up-to-date with the vanishingly small number of shows I watch... And even if it was a potential DVD night, I'm sort of back to square one, with no clear idea of what I would want to watch at the moment anyway...) It's not the first time this week - even in the last couple of weeks, actually.

Considering the site you are posting on? List them all out on a table assign numbers and roll some dice.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

I have over 600 games on Steam, over 100 installed, and still have this issue. So I'm helpless.

24. - Top - End - #144

Get down on my knees and cry tears of joy that I have that kind of free time to have such a problem?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Added a new game to the Pony TRPG list! Seeds of Harmony is a Fantasy Adventure RPG from an Italian GM who is now translating it into English. The original design used anthropomorphic characters, but there is also a full Pony variant (and hey, with the movie there are more anthros in the Pony world, right?).
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Trailer for the movie is out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2N7SRBDa2I
    Spoiler
    Show

Does this need to be spoiled? In any case. Not sure what to think. Don't like the idea of adding the sea pony thing in there. The sarcastic joke train in the trailer seemed way too..."Disney"...

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Does this need to be spoiled? In any case. Not sure what to think. Don't like the idea of adding the sea pony thing in there. The sarcastic joke train in the trailer seemed way too..."Disney"...
    Well,
    At least it will fulfill my Pony as Zeta Gundam,
    I do mean "Commander Tempest as Haman Karn".
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

28. - Top - End - #148
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I'm still kinda getting used to the animation. It's better animation, to be sure, with more fluid movements and shading, but it still feels weird after roughly five years of the same animation and models.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Read a book? Literary!

(or a webcomic - I've been binging Girl Genius)

I've had the same issue in the past month (I'm off work due to health issues) - but then I tend to concentrate on one game all the way through rather than have several on hand.

EDIT:
    Spoiler: Trailer
    Show
    The animation is a little uneven (in particular between the ponies and the backgrounds), but doesn't look too bad overall, just somewhat different to the show style. At least they have remembered to pack the humour.

Interestingly, they have remodeled the throne room - two thrones now? And a Celestia/Luna statue?
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2017-06-29 at 03:03 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Read a book? Literary!

(or a webcomic - I've been binging Girl Genius)

I've had the same issue in the past month (I'm off work due to health issues) - but then I tend to concentrate on one game all the way through rather than have several on hand.
    I do normally, but of the ones on the go, two are EUIV and CK2 (with a couple of hundred - plus - hours per playthrough) and I'm not quite dedicated enough to do that all continguusly (I'm still on my first game in CK2!)

Spoiler: Trailer
    Show
    So, we're just going to Worf Celestia and Luna and ignore Cadance... Again?

(Actually, if if knew nothing about pony, you might assume Twilight was the ruler of Equestria from this trailer...)

Why is the griffon bipedal?

Spike is, at least present, if once again, getting the short end of the stick from the magic transformations...

Tempest's sidekicks strike me as being a bit too Disney. Not that I don't trust the staff, but I'm looking and I'm seeing Cliche Bumbler That is Stupid and Obsequious that I've seen far too many times before there.

Don't recognise any of the voice talent.

Yes, that was mostly negative thoughts, but at the same time, it still looks like Pony (and some bloody adventure, which we've been a bit lacking the past couple of seasons) and I am very aware of what I said before EQG, so...

I will, obviously, be going to the cinema to see it (y'know, assuming it comes to the cinema in the UK...)