New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Apparently, it's that sort of week.
    Eeyup. Better stock up and head for the bunker until the weekend.
    Spoiler
    Show

My saving grace is that the windows are "double-pane", so while the outer one was smashed, the inner one wasn't harmed.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

My long vacation has ended, now it's time for me to watch the two new episodes: S7 E12 and E13.

Spoiler: S7 E12
    Show
    S7 E12: Discordant Harmony, thoughts as I watch.

This episode will feature Discord, which I consider a good thing.

• Fluttershy is out of carrots sugarcubes, she'll have to go out on Nightmare Night!
    • (Discord says Fluttershy has done too much work for their tea parties.) But didn't it use to be Discord who brings the cucumber sandwiches, back in S4 E26?
    • That's not Cinnamon Chai's cake and tea shop from S5 E15. Either Fluttershy likes different sort of tea, or she doesn't want to go that far for tea.
    • "A teapot that just pours tea?" "But that's all teapots are supposed to do." Well I've seen teapots fancier than that. Ones that have a fitting sieve for tea leaves, and even one that has an inner compartment that separates the tea leaves from the water so you can stop dipping the leaves easily.
    • "What else do I need for the perfect tea party?" An oven, milk, honey, sugarcubes, all the ingredients for the sandwiches, and a couch? You even sang about it: "Some tea with honey from the bees / whenever you can brew it".
    • Hi, Pinkie! Yay, Pinkie is here to make the episode more interesting.
    • ("Fluttershy would never be comfortable here!") We're at 8 minutes and I still don't see where this episode is heading. Shouldn't we have some sort of interesting conflict by now?
    • Hehe, he vacuums the lava. Because his volcanoes are so small that he can clean them with a broom, like the Little Prince can on his planet. (Also, now you're removing all the decorations you've put up so far, like in S5 E3.)
    • He turns the entire house to normal? What's the point of having the tea party there then? Doesn't she remember S3 E10: "Why, of course! I can't remember my house ever being this lively before you came along."
    • "Your garden looks positively lovely." That statement doesn't make sense in the context of inviting someone to your house. Oh, I see!
    • How did Fluttershy travel there?
    • Oh! Discord is losing all his powers because he's performed lawful acts! Now this is getting somewhere.
    • Um, Fluttershy, that's now how it works. Discord himself has to do the chaotic acts, not you. You can cast Atonement on him afterwards, but he has to initiate the repenting.
    • Fluttershy is talking to her mirror image, like in S2 E19.
    • Um… ok. This was a bad episode not because of any specific faults, but because it didn't try to do anything daring enough. It was just slow and boring. That's not what I'd expect from a Discord episode. Oh well.
    • The way you can destroy Discord by making him act not chaotic enough somehow reminds me to the stereotypical Star Trek thing of Kirk talking a computer to death by pointing out his faults. I dunno why.

Reactions to your comments later.

Update: reaction to your comments now.

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: S7E12
    Show
    Was I the only one who was wanting him to reference his being reformed as changing himself to suit Fluttershy? Because even aline about "you're not that person anymore, that doesn't make you not you" would have been wonderful.
    Show
    Definitely no. He's a demon of primordial chaos. Unlike humans (or ponies), he can't change alignment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler: S7E12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    It must be brain-meltingly weird to be around Discord. It must really put your faith in reality to a test.
    Show
    Oh, as in xkcd #298: Tesla coil, or when Harry finds out about magic in Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality?

Emmerlaus: I'm glad you enjoyed the episode.

Spoiler: s7e12
    Show
    Although, he's definitely corrupted Fluttershy a bit. And vise-versa, since he actually nearly manged to destroy himself by his own hand. Which is pretty daft.
    Show
    Yeah.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2017-07-07 at 12:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Show
    Definitely no. He's a demon of primordial chaos. Unlike humans (or ponies), he can't change alignment at all.
    Spoiler: responce
    Show
    Except he clearly has; he was CE when we first met him, He cares only for ramdom acts of evil and for himself. Fluttershy's reformation of him turned him CN; while he didn't go around upsetting reality just because anymore, he clearly cared about himself more than anything else. This came to a head in the Season 5 finale, where him only caring about himself backfired horribly when Tirek stole his magic. Him recovering from that was what turned him CG.

Besides, "Always <specific alignment>" characters can change theri alignment to be very different from what they started. Or do I have to bust out the LG succubus paladin from official sources? Discord clearly has problems if he ever loses the [chaotic] tag, but he can (and has) changed alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

*skulldesk*

So, as we arrived at Asda to get the new telly (which had to be a 43" because they only had like 32" and 43" and no 40"s like the last one...), Dad discovers that a) the battery on his key-zapper-doofer has died and b) so had one of the big car's rear stop lights.

Because OF COURSE it has.

Edit: And now it is time for Bleakbane Fails at Victoria 2.

Starting as *sigh* France. (On Thanqol's suggestion.)

I was wondering what all the onions and cheese you're wearting were in aid of. I'm hoping there's not any naming customisation, or it's just going to be Rafale Fancieheire all over again, isn't it?

You're going to be playing this like the French in Blackadder, aren't you?

Yes. Yes, I am.

And also Allo Allo. Possibly even Victor and Hugo.

Asterix if it REALLY goes well, but we're a bit out of time period.

Damn it, why is THAT not a CK2 mod?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-07 at 03:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Does copy/pasting a Steam review count as doing something? If so, then I guess I finally did something.

Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine listening to MLP songs?
    It honestly feels like a joke.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just saw the Equestria Girls episodes. Thoughts.

Spoiler: Equestria Girls 1
    Show
    Marshmallow human eating ice cream and crying is almost as awesome as marshmallow pony eating and crying.

It seems very risky to use all the money that they have raised so far on costumes for the contest. If they lose, it could also be considered fraud.

The music number was okay. It seemed like there was less budget for these episodes than the movies. That affected the quality of the animation and music.

The idea of CHS and Crystal Prep working together on the movie was an interesting ending. I didn't see it coming, but it kind of makes sense. Although the Crystal Prep students look like complete @$$holes since they need money for a party on a yacht. That does not really compare to raising funds to repair a summer camp.

Overall enjoyable.

Spoiler: Equestria Girls 2
    Show
    They could have used a different actress for Daring Do. If that was a real movie, than I would have a hard time seeing that actress as an adventurer.

It is nice seeing the girls have access to their magic powers.

Spoiler: Equestria Girls 3
    Show
    Let me start by saying that Sunset Shimmer is the cutest pony. Squeee. Her design just makes her look so adorable in pony form. Hasbro, I demand a Sunset Shimmer pony plushie now.

Sunset Shimmer wasn't really needed in this film although she did fit. Pony Twilight Sparkle would have also worked with just a little change in writing.

I did enjoy each villain going through the list of evil plot that they tried. Also points for the show acknowledging how forgiving the Mane 5 are.

And again, pony Sunset it so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

I think I definitely enjoyed #3 more watching it again, though it's probably more that I wasn't actually half-distracted this time though!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still not convinced by Pony Sunset's mane though.

Spoiler
    Show
    It remains the weakest for me, though. Not that it's bad, just felt a bit by-the-numbers. If I had to rank them, it would actually be in the air order.

Just to go out-of-pony for a second, I've got baseball on in the background at the mo. Not as a fan as such but it has a nice gentle rhythm for a late night (rather like cricket, actually). One surprising thing is that occasionally I see an in-fielder fail to stop a ground ball because he dives for it with his glove, and it's his 'front hand', if you get me, so it skips under and through (if not: basically diving to the right, and if they'd flopped like a soccer or ice hockey goalkeeper or, well, a cricket fielder and used the bare right hand as being the closest to the floor, they'd have probably made the stop). Is there a rule about having to use the glove, or is it just that the training to use it just becomes that ingrained?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the glove is bigger, giving them a better chance of catching something moving so fast.

Plus it freaking hurts to barehand a baseball moving that fast.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Must remember to watch those EqG episodes, I keep forgetting about them. Maybe tomorrow...

Now five years into Vicky 2 as France. Doing okay, I think, France is still the number two great power, and the gap is closing on Britain. I did at one point try to attack Prussia, but all of my several allies refused to fight and all of the Prussians did. After it became very clear that was a wates of time, I gave up, and am concentrating on taking land in the far east and generally working ASAP towards colonisation.

No idea how the stockpile system works. I set it to a value and turn the automatic off, and then it appears to randomly set it to frack knows what stupidly high value, even if I turn te automatic system back on. So I reloaded and gave up on that idea...

Still not sure if was resources you hve in provinces makes any difference to your factories or not, or whether it's just how much you're producing. (I.e., if I build a cement factory on coal, does it have any greater effect than if I bild in the state next door or what?)

Say this much for Vicky 2, is it not a game you can casually play...

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Plus it freaking hurts to barehand a baseball moving that fast.
    Yes, yes it does.

Spoiler: Equestria short #3
    Show
    I too found Sunset too adorable for words. Too. The way she stands up like a human and forgets her horn. I did giggle richly.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Derpy could use some pats on the head and a muffin

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for the info guys. Funny though, I'd have thought at the top level it would be "you'll take a stinging palm and like it!" but there we are.

Cute EQG TS/SS image that I just can't remember how to embed on the phone. Either dumb or tired. Probably both.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. Funny though, I'd have thought at the top level it would be "you'll take a stinging palm and like it!" but there we are.
    At the top level, players are unionized, and the possibility for injury due to sheer ball speed (as opposed to imprecision in throwing or hitting) is higher. Both factors militate in favor of greater protections, not lesser.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

FINALLY remembered to watch the EQG specials...

Spoiler: Specials
    Show
    Not too shabby, not too shabby at all. We get to see the Crystal Prep girls again (which is good, because they did have the potential). Rarity learns hopefully the lesson her pony counterpart did, only in a vastly less costly manner.

EQG does Scooby-Doo (but COME ON, really, no "you meddling kids and your dog" line?)

And then the the terrifying meeting of Sunset and Starlight. Now, I can guess some people were miffed about this ('cos they don't like Starlight), but personally, I was enjoying miss Still Evil interacting with Sunset.

Also, Starlight is getting good at this "saving the day without any magic at all" guff, ain't she?

Last episode was definitely the best.

If they made a spin-off, I'd totally watch it...!

Good stuff, good stuff.

15. - Top - End - #225

Derpy could use some pats on the head and a muffin
    Ouch. No one deserves getting slapped in the face with an improvised Starlight weapon.

FINALLY remembered to watch the EQG specials...
    Spoiler: Specials
    Show
    Not too shabby, not too shabby at all. We get to see the Crystal Prep girls again (which is good, because they did have the potential). Rarity learns hopefully the lesson her pony counterpart did, only in a vastly less costly manner.

EQG does Scooby-Doo (but COME ON, really, no "you meddling kids and your dog" line?)

And then the the terrifying meeting of Sunset and Starlight. Now, I can guess some people were miffed about this ('cos they don't like Starlight), but personally, I was enjoying miss Still Evil interacting with Sunset.

Also, Starlight is getting good at this "saving the day without any magic at all" guff, ain't she?

Last episode was definitely the best.

If they made a spin-off, I'd totally watch it...!

Good stuff, good stuff.
    Spoiler: EQG Specials
    Show
    I would assume that the "you meddling kids and your dog" line was too much of a low-hanging fruit to use, but I still think it would have been a brilliant shot, no matter the cheapness.
    They have the talking dog!

I didn't mind that Starlight was there because she was depowered and couldn't just epic-magic a resolution. But honestly that pales in comparison to "Pony Sunset Forgets How to Pony." Worth it for her scene alone.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

still alive
    man, i need to get caught up
    where can i find these EQG specials?

also..have you seen this Commodore?
    http://ew.com/news/transformers-gi-j...-first-look-1/
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

It's official, the English language has been ponified https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/...e-merriam.html

You hear that Firefox? Stop putting a red line under it! (I know I can change that, it's the principle of the thing)

18. - Top - End - #228

It's official, the English language has been ponified https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/...e-merriam.html
    Heh, the amusement of a living language.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

It's time to watch the other new episode, S7 E13.

Spoiler: S7 E13
    Show
    S7 E13: The Perfect Pear, thoughts as I watch.

So this is the episode about Applejack's parents. I'm scared about headcanons getting ruined.

• Applejack and Big Mac quickly trying to hide the pear jam before Granny Smith arrives. Nice opening for an episode. This probably won't be like E12 where nothing happened in the first eight minutes.
    • “Long-standing feud between the Apples and the Pears” Hehe. Even better. Let's call in Twilight and Fluttershy, certified family feud busters. :-)
    • YES! They'll go to Goldie Delicious.
    • Ah yes. Just like the Everfree Forest or Yakyakistan, visiting Goldie Delicious has become much easier than it was in earlier seasons.
    • Goldie Delicious's entrance was a great callback to S4 E9. I hope she continues that.
    • Hehe, another cat in her hair. Goldie hides stuff in her hair just like Pinkie does.
    • “Apple family history volume 137.” Hehe, it's like they're a dynasty of aristocrats or something.
    • “Feud with the bears. I mean Pears.” Ah yes, it really all started with a misunderstanding over a smudged word, did it?
    • “Pears are nature's candy. Apples are sour.” I'm on the Apples' side here. Apples have good and variable taste ranging from sweet to sour and juicy from dry; whereas pears suck and taste like you're eating wood soaked with acid.
    • Hehe, the pear trees are pear shaped.
    • Now there's not only a pony with a Bubbles cutie mark, but also a Buttercup pony. Add to that that Apple Bloom is sometimes called Apple Blossom in the toys, and you get a whole trio of Powerpuff Ponies. Hmm, in fact if the two parents are Bright Macintosh and Buttercup, maybe they named Big Mac of the father and Apple Blossom from the mother.
    • (“So we are half pears?”) I mentioned how strange it was that they were surprised on that from the TV guide synopsis. It still strange, although if there's a well-known family feud, it makes a bit more sense. And it sort of sounds to me like the Apples and Pears are more like clans or tribes than families.
    • And now Goldie Delicious sends the group to the next quest: talk to Burnt Oak. He'll be easy to find, because he'll have a big red exclamation mark glowing above his head.
    • Burnt Oak has a quite different reaction to the group asking for stories than Goldie Delicious did.
    • And yes, Burnt Oak sends them to another person too: Mrs Cake.
    • As Big Mac runs off, we see Twilight in the background for just a moment.
    • “did you all know that it was your mom who convinced me to pursue baking” Ah, so that's what Apple Bloom inherited from her. Cutie mark advice.
    • “But isn't your name Mrs. Cake?” “Not always.” YES! YES! YES! The headcanon that most ponies get a new name as they become adults is CONFIRMED. Ponies are actually doing one thing well. I can only hope that this custom will become more well-spread in our world.
    • She got her cutie mark by making a pear cake, instead of a nice apple pie? Eww.
    • Granny Smith is angry when he sees Bright Macintosh together with a pear.
    • “Then Pear Butter told me the sweetest love story I have ever heard.” Ah yes. Mrs Cake wanted to send them to find Buttercup, but they didn't want to do that in the episode, so they broke the pattern. Ok.
    • Earth ponies use owl post. And with birds smaller than owls too. For people who asked about communications technology, here's your answer. (I still think they have telegraphs though, and possibly even telephones.)
    • Great montage during the song.
    • We've already seen at least two thousand-year-old clan feuds resolved on screen in this show: the pony–buffalo war in S1 and the Hooffield–McColt feud in S5. Perhaps the Mane Six can fix this one too.
      Spoiler: future S7 episodes
      Show
      And if they can't, then they'll call in Spike and Thorax and Ember as reinforcements. They're on schedule for E15 and E19 already, so another episode with them in the spotlight can't hurt.
    • The Pears are moving to Vanhoover. “There's acres of untouched land and a warehouse to make our jams.” Recall the back story of Ponyville in S2 E12. Back when Granny Smith was little, Princess Celestia has promised a holy land to the ancestor Apples, where they would then settle down and found a farm and the quiet little town of Ponyville. In real life, when two feuding live on the same holy land, there's big trouble. In MLP, they always find a solution: the buffalos make peace with the Appleoosa ponies, and the Pears, while they don't quite make peace, they at least move to a better place. I wonder if Princess Celestia has personally intervened in this case too and has given that land to the Pears.
    • Ah yes, Mayor Mare. She's competent as a mayor of Ponyville: even if she has difficulties herding ponies for the Winter Wrap Up, she at least knows a bit about the history of Ponyville.
    • Wait, so Mayor Mare was the Friar Laurence who secretly married them?
    • (Ending.) So… that twisted tree was hidden in the forest, and with a huge orchard of pear trees too, and nobody knew about it until Mayor Mare showed it? I guess magic might be involved.
    • Let's toast for the peaceful resolution of all thousand-year feuds again.
    • Custom close credit song.
    • It certainly wasn't what I expected, but it was a good episode. Thank you, MLP.

20. - Top - End - #230

It's time to watch the other new episode, S7 E13.

Spoiler: S7 E13
    Show
    • “But isn't your name Mrs. Cake?” “Not always.” YES! YES! YES! The headcanon that most ponies get a new name as they become adults is CONFIRMED. Ponies are actually doing one thing well. I can only hope that this custom will become more well-spread in our world.

Spoiler: Ep 13 Perfect Pear
    Show
    Slow down there. It isn't that most ponies get a new name. It only confirms that it can happen, and probably in specific situations; like when you get disowned by your father. If it were a commonplace majority, then the apples wouldn't have questioned it with Mrs. Cake. In fact, questioning it after knowing she's married seems to me like it's not a common thing in pony world as in ours for one-half of a married couple to change their last name to match their spouse.

We have Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich, but we also have Twilight Velvet and Night Light. For royalty examples, there was Prince Blue Dream and Princess Golden Dream, but then we also have Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. Four married examples and only a 50% name change rate.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Reactions to your comments about S7 E13.

Spoiler: S7 E13 replies
    Show

Wait, is that young Granny? She changed her hair, I guess
    Changing hairstyle happens to lots of real people as they age, I swear.
    Wait, bug-eyed baby ponies talking? No, just no

Well, she is dangerously, distractingly cute.
    Yes she is.
    Twilight spotted in the background!
    High-five!
    Just mix it all together, bags and bottles and eggshells all, that's how ponies bake
    Well Pinkie did study under Mrs Cake I think.
    "One hundred and thirty one thousand four hundred and fifty six hours". So 131456 hours, that's 5477 days or 15 years. I guess more evidence of ponies aging like humans. Bah, humbug!
    It's more evidence that they used to age like humans. I still suspect they don't age anymore since around Luna's return, when Princess Celestia could apply her epic uber-magic that makes everyone stop aging.
    They knew about the trees? Granny looked like she didn't. This is confusing.
    I think the sisters didn't know about the trees, but Mayor Mare knew about them, since she was there when they were planted, and she told them. Mayor Mare may also have given them the key to get through the magic spell that has protected that secret.
    Gosh darnit, but this episode was sweeter than sugar. Still no definitive word on what happened to their parents. I'm okay with leaving it unsaid, though.
    I agree.

Deadly, digiman619, and Emmerlaus all say they enjoyed the romantic aspect of the episode a lot. Good.

DigoDragon: thank you for telling us that personal story about your old group of friends. I should think of that advice a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    The only way this episode could have been better is if Goldie, Oak, Cake, and Mayor showed up to see the tree too and they all just reminisce at what was.
    I suspect Mayor Mare and possibly Mrs Cake too had access to the key and had visited occasionally. Mrs Cake did say “I never knew the right time to bring it up. But I'm so glad you came!”, and I had the impression that she knew all about the wedding too, but thought it would be better if Mayor Mare told it in person.

It could just be he realized his own mortality. My parents separated on unhappy terms, and things went quiet for a while. Then my dad comes back and tries to catch up with all his children. He visits,
    he spends time with his granddaughter, he buys her stuff and spoils her. A lot of that was because time is only so long for everyone and he wants to make up for lost years. I'm happy he did.
    You had two such stories, not just one?

One thing that bothered me. As important as this was, it seemed like all this should have happened much earlier in their lives, shouldn't it? Plus, given how close everyone in Ponyville is, Mayor Mare and Mrs. Cake should at one point have told them something.
    Nah, I don't think so. That's not how it works. If Granny Smith didn't want to talk about it, I'm not too surprised Mayor Mare and Mrs Cake didn't want to break it to them.

A brilliant comic that pears well with episode 13, Perfect Pear.
    Wow. That's sad. And it stays close to the story of the episode nicely.

I have run into one of the problems with conversations online: I know that song by heart, but if I quote, it, there's no way to prove that I didn't look it up.
    But knowing a song by heart is its own reward. (At least that's my opinion, I've heard one friend disagree.)

Slow down there. It isn't that most ponies get a new name. It only confirms that it can happen, and probably in specific situations; like when you get disowned by your father. If it were a commonplace majority, then the apples wouldn't have questioned it with Mrs. Cake.
    Sure, but Apple Bloom is in the Apple family, where everypony gets both an apple-related cutie mark and an apple-related name. They probably don't need to change their name that often. Maybe that and her young age are why she's unfamiliar with that custom and is confused. (Yes, I'm desparately trying to find any excuse to keep my headcanon here, when the show had already contradicted it multiple times.)

In fact, questioning it after knowing she's married seems to me like it's not a common thing in pony world as in ours for one-half of a married couple to change their last name to match their spouse.
    Oh, you mean she took the name Cup Cake after the marriage because her husband was named Carrot Cake? I guess that could work, yes. (And she took "Cup" from her best friend "Buttercup"… no wait.)

You ever have those times when you just don't know what you want to play? I've got loads things to play (halfway through loads of games); at least one new game untouched... But I'm at that sort of state where nothing seems to jump out, so I end up playing nothing or wasting a couple of hours of indecision, doing nothing.
    See Abstruse Goose #482

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: S7E13
    Show

I would have shipped young Grandpear and Smith. I was almost sure they would be shipped, tsundering at each other so much.

But also I am shipping their elder versions.

Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Spoiler: S7E13
    Show

I would have shipped young Grandpear and Smith. I was almost sure they would be shipped, tsundering at each other so much.
    Spoiler: s7e13
    Show
    I was afraid they were going to do something exactly like that.

I was immeasurably relieved they didn't. That would have been far too trite and uncreative. Life isn't neat.

Uuuuurgh. I watched another episode of Thundercats. I feel stupider.

The mutants were kvetching about not having slaves to make decent food. And within two minutes of the episode opening we have Monkian saying "what we need is a woman's touch."

*skullpalm*

Well done, 1980s, well done.

And on top of that I was like, "um wait, we haven't seen any human females anywhere in the show and..." *next scene Monkian is lurking behind a humand female gathering water in a stream*

*skulldesk*

Said woman (actually a youngish girl) is part of a tribe of warrior-women who live in the jungle and whose system is such a competant warrior that she FALLS POUT OF THE TREE when stalking Lion-O. Not the inexperienced younger girl, the older, preported actual warrior. (Just in tie to have to be saved from a monster by Lion-O because of course.)

And these amazon warrior-women have sleep gas arrows, because of COURSE they do.

Somewhere, Diana of Themyscira has a sudden inexplicable urge to punch someone REALLY HARD.

(This leaves aside the fact Cheetara can apparently run faster than environmental temporal effects (that... that is literally not how that works).)

Second episode was not quite as bad; the whole place of traps to circumnavigate meant there were not QUITE as many moments of Stupid. (And at least Wilykit was doing the rescuing (of Wilykat).)

"Best" line of the episode:

*Lion-O Wilykat and Wilykit see the nearly-skeletal (non-animated) corpse of the chap who created the tower full of traps*

Wilykit "Lion-O! He's not alive!"

*skulldesk*

By the time I fight my way through this series, I'mma need a new desk.

At least the voice acting seems to have very slightly improved to be not as paifully stilted as before...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

And these amazon warrior-women have sleep gas arrows, because of COURSE they do.
    Hehe. In some fantasy gaming systems, sleep is one of the legit energy forms. Lots of game elements come in series for many elements. This most often occurs to magical versions of creatures, so you get eg. fire giants, cold giants, and storm giants. But magical weapons dealing elemental damage are a staple, so with bows and arrows you get eg.

25. - Top - End - #235

*skullpalm*
    *skulldesk*
    *skulldesk*
    I wonder how the new series compares (the 2011 version) to this one. I heard it was overall better, but I saw maybe 2 minutes of a chase scene that was pretty darn goofy and explody, so I'm not sure I got the right impression of the series from that. XD

Reactions to your comments about S7 E13.
    Spoiler: S7 E13 replies
    Show
    You had two such stories, not just one?
    Spoiler: Tangent from Ep13
    Show
    Just the one. I'm assuming you are refering to my mother, and the good news is that she remained in contact after the divorce mess, so I still had her in my life.

For better or worse.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder how the new series compares (the 2011 version) to this one. I heard it was overall better, but I saw maybe 2 minutes of a chase scene that was pretty darn goofy and explody, so I'm not sure I got the right impression of the series from that. XD
    I saw only one or two episodes myself, but it was better. Muuuuuch better. Though Snarf was now just a pet and Wilkat/Kit were much younger; Lion-O was actually shown as a late teenager as wasn't annoying every time he opened his mouth and Cheetara was some sort of monk. I was, from what I saw, just better executed all round.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Pony returns August 5th, according to TVGuide. Not a long hiatus if true.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Just in time for me to be away and fall miles behind again, of course...

Also pony according to Pestbag:

Spike's dragon custome attempted to eat him, so he ran away and hid until the costume abruptly died, and then Scootaloo ate the dead costume.
    Now, let's see sonepony make a proper story out of that...

Maybe I should suggest it to Estee...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-12 at 06:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Colossus in the Playground

Spike's dragon custome attempted to eat him, so he ran away and hid until the costume abruptly died, and then Scootaloo ate the dead costume.
    The question is, did Scootaloo gain any of the costume's powers by eating it?

(If you're serious about wanting to see it as a proper story, I could maybe dust off my fimanfiction account and give it a shot. Just as soon as I finish a chapter of my story where I gave Taylor Hebert a Kaleidostick. It'd take a while and I'd need more details, but whatever.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #240

Just in time for me to be away and fall miles behind again, of course...
    Dang, you just can't catch a break this season, can you? D:
    Digo Dragon - Artist