New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Outside Juvelnord City

Umbear as he entered the shadows of the Mine Thought very loudly in his mind.

Spoiler: Aurix
    Show
    "AURIX! CAN YOU HERE ME!!! ITS UMBEAR!!! IM ATTEMPTING TO MAKE TELEPARTHIC COMMUNICATION! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME! RESPOND!!!!"

Every 30 feet, Umbear touches a side wall gently with two fingers before moving on.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix clutches his head and winces slightly.

Spoiler: Umbear
    Show
    Umbear hears Aurix's voice in his head. "You don't have to shout!!! Sheesh, I hear you. I assume you're gonna relay what you see?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear smiles from the darkness.

Show
    Thats the Plan. This Tellerparthy is gonna be really handy in this mission.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfykins View Post
    "Ugh!" Kasidra threw up her hands and got to her feet, glowering at everyone, including her friends.
    "Enough of this nonsense! I don't care anymore!" she snapped. "I make my own damn decisions around here! Neither of you are even in charge!" she said, glaring at Olp and Zetaya. "Malaika became leader after..." she huffed and crossed her arms. She turned and surveyed the group of heroes, fiery red eyes narrowing on Markas.
    "You!" she said, stalking towards him and jabbing a finger in the direction of his face, stopping a few feet in front of the group.
    "You have the look of a monk, which means you abide by a strict code of honor, yes? You will keep your word! So here are my terms," she said, shooting another glare over her shoulder at the kobold and ifrit.
    "I will accompany your group for one thousand gold to my band upfront. I will bring back one egg for Olp, or you will pay the value of the reagent to Olp if there is some reason I cannot take an egg, when we return. If any of my personal possessions are damaged, or I must use costly reagents of my own to cast a spell on one of you, you will pay the costs thus incurred. Agreed?" the tiefling cleric demanded, putting her hands on her hips and staring at the group with a stern expression.
    Markas crossed his arms and nodded, matching the seriousness of the Tiefling's expression, but not to the point of her scowling, "Yes, I am a man of honor and have worked with adventurers and mercenaries similar to your group in the past...I believe your terms to be fair and equitable. On behalf of my comrades, I agree," he said, reaching into his own bag to pull out 100 Platinum, handing 50 each to the Ifrit and Kobold, "there you are. It's still my hope this will be a walk-in, Walk-out mission so easy cash for you guys," then turning back to the Tiefling, he smiled hoping to diffuse a little tension, "Kasidra was it? Welcome to the team, even if briefly "
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just as the others began to move, Kestejoo eyed the tight area dubiously. He wondered if he had something to help with this. Though he did not know much of these people and their culture, he knew magic - and he thought, then, of one of the prizes he'd gotten from the games this afternoon.

Pleased, he reached into his bag and searched about for the belt. He pulled out the magic item of supple, soft material. He eyed the smiling weasel buckle, but put it on anyway. Almost immediately, he felt the effects of the magic. He nodded, then followed Aurora into the cave.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Kasidra nodded, her posture relaxing a little. "Yes. Kasidra Kassada, cleric of Gorum," she said, pointing to the symbol on her chest and hand. "I hail from a desert land far to the south. I am descended of genies," she said with a pointed look at Jaylyn. "Many in my family manifest as sulis, but I... unfortunately... manifested a corrupted bloodline. But my div heritage does not define me! Only Gorum may define me! He will reforge me in battle!" she said fiercely, lifting her fist into the air, red eyes snapping.
    "Let us go now. I wish to be done with this endeavor as quickly as possible. Malaika will want to move camp when she hears about this," the tiefling said, gathering up her backpack.

The group made their way across the clearing and up the trail to the mountainside, stopping at the mouth of the cave.
    Spoiler: Normal vision
    Show

Spoiler: Low-light vision
    Show

Spoiler: Darkvision
    Show
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Earlier:
    Gorrun nodded to Aurix's offer I would not be opposed to thicker skin, nor to protections from spells if it's not too much trouble.

Later:
    Gorrun takes point in the formation. Watching the Ogre fade into the darkness of the mine. Lets move in he begins leading the group into the mineshaft occationally scraping a wall with his armor making the clamor of stone on stone.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

8. - Top - End - #68

Jaylyn ignored the glaces that Kasidra shot her way, she was used to those type of glances. Once the group got to the mouth of the cave something became apparent. "What is every bodies ability to see in dark places? Can anybody see in the dark, or see in low-light conditions, or not at all in the dark? I can cast dancing lights for 3 minutes, but beyond that I'm relying on my low-light vision."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix casts Dragon's Hide and Spell Resistance (granting SR 30) on Gorrun.

Aurix moves up as the rest of the group does, stopping in secure places to watch carefully and guard. He opens up his mind to Gorrun, Aurora, Geiravor, and Kest. They all hear Aurix's voice in their mind, "Umbear is relaying information to me mentally. To lessen the noise, I will relay his voice to you."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

"I can see perfectly for sixty feet even in total natural darkness," Kasidra said. "And I believe aasimar are the same," she said, nodding at Hervir, "as well as goblins."
    She looked at Droktoktor, saying, "Catfolk should be able to at least see in dim light, as kitsune do. The one who is truly disadvantaged is the human." Kasidra glanced at Markas and shrugged.
    "Unless you are not actually human, but merely look like one, such as a skinwalker or lycanthrope?"
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix sends the thought of the open room past the first choke point to everyone's minds. "It's a small chamber, about 20x20," Aurix thinks to everyone. "If Umbear says it's clear, Gorrun should go first and move straight to the exit of the room. Geiravor, Kest, Aurora, you should spread out in the room and check all the corners. I will guard the way we came in. When everyone says it's clear, we will line back up behind Gorrun. We'll stay in a line in narrow hallways, and spread out like this in each room we find. Agreed?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora nodded in agreement and projected assent. As she squeezed through the slightly narrower opening, she peered around the small room. The flagstone flooring was something of a comfort, as it did a lot to make the area seem less like a cave and more like a building, which she was more used to. But the flagstones themselves were something of a curiosity. As she peered around the room for signs of danger, she also pondered the significance of the floor. Perception: (1d20+32)[49] Engineering: (1d20+13)[28]
    "Hmm, that's interesting," she said quietly. "The 'flagstones' are carved directly out of the rock, not laid down later. It seems that they're less flagstones and more that small trenches have been carved into the rock for drainage and traction. I suspect if they felt the need to provide drainage in this mine, there's likely to be a source of water down here, and possibly a risk of flooding."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-07-07 at 12:15 PM.
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

The catfolk looked at the others and spoke. I will need a minite of prep time befote we enter. The catfolk then closed his eyes and started speaking.

Spoiler: Catfolk
    Show
    Creature from another plane, come to my side.

Begins 1 minute summoning ritual.

After 1 minute elapsed, a large 8 legged feline creature appears next to the catfolk.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

umbear accepts 1 burn as he recieves the benefits of the spell Fluid form and passes through the choke points with ease.
    After seeing the first Room was Clear, he proceeds to the next room stealth.

(1d20+55)[75] Stealth
    (1d20+26)[33] Perception

If the room is clear, he waits for the group to catch up before moving to the next room.

(1d20+55)[69] Stealth
    (1d20+26)[37] Perception

Show
    Second and Third caverns are clear. about to move forward.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2017-07-07 at 01:54 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Cockatrice Cave

Hervir leaned over to Markas.

Spoiler: Whisper
    Show
    "Remind me to reimburse you when we get back. My research budget makes allowances to hire help for acquiring regeants."

The court mage then looked to her party. "How shall we proceed?" She asked.
    Crystal Mine

The Princess nodded in agreement. "Solid plan, Aurix."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Kasidra scrutinized what she could see of the tunnel. "It looks wide enough to go two-by-two, at least as far in as I am able to see. Does it remain that wide, or does it narrow further?" she asked. "If you know it will narrow to the point of requiring us to go single file, we should just plan to do that from the start. I would prefer to take up the rear. Even from the back of the line, my channeling will extend forward enough to reach the front if it becomes necessary," she said.
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix and Torilee take up position by the door. Aurix thinks to the group at large, "Umbear has said the next two chambers are clear. We should proceed."

Aurix keeps a close watch on the area around him.

Perception: (1d20+38)[41]
    Show

DM of Twinborn

18. - Top - End - #78

Jaylyn thinking for a moment before looking at the group. "I can become a human-sized Copper Dragon and traverse the walls and ceiling. It will grant me the ability to see in the dark fine, and grant me a bit of resistance to acid, as well as a single use acid breath that will travel in straight line."

"Markas, Zeetzeet, Droktoktor, I have not seen you fight since the tournament. Has your fighting styles changed any since then? I've seen some noticeable changes but better to ask now then be surprised in the middle of combat...should it come to that."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Crystal Mine

The party stopped at the first intersection without incident. There was the main path and a way off to a small chamber.

Spoiler: Normal Vision
    Show

Spoiler: Low Light Vision
    Show

Spoiler: Darkvision
    Show
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-07-07 at 07:30 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

The catfolk pet his newly summoned companion and answered Jaylyn, I have re-trained myself as a summoner and have completly different abilities from the tournament. This rather large feline companion that you see before you is my eidolon whom I share a rather strong bond with. Our bond is so strong that I can even sense the world around us through my eidolon remotely.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear looks between the two paths and steps into the small room.

Spoiler: aurix
    Show
    " wait a moment. Assessing."

Umbear rumages through the room before sticking his head through the tiny crack and looking around.

Spoiler: aurix
    Show
    "ask the princess if someone has prospect rights. No reason. Just curious.
    You guys can go straight I think I saw Gorruns sheild light on the far wall. I'll meet you on the other side, only me and torilee can go this way."
    Festival of Heroes:

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix chuckles softly. He thinks to the group, "Umbear wants to know if anyone has prospect rights here, my lady! For no reason, of course. But he also says we should go straight, and there is a smaller side passage only he and Torilee could possibly fit through. I think I can see it from here, on our left."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I own the mine. We usually have miners and guards down here, but on Solstice week, I let them off. If we find anything down here, feel free to use it. We may need it. These mines can be dangerous." Geiravor replied.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear was slightly startled by the princess speaking allowed. He spoke in hushed tones.

" Well then. Anyone have large magical containers?"

"
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh, no, wasn't really expecting to come in here and collect a high volume of stuff to take home," Aurora said wryly. "So I just have my backpack and handy haversack. But if we can find a wagon or cart or cobble together a sledge, I can haul things out if need be."
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

With Aurix's first telepathic message Gorrun whips his head around and fixes Aurix with a gaze until he realized the dragon man wasn't speaking. It took a moment to realize what was happening but he caught on and progressed.

When hearing Umbear asking for rights and containers he mentally probes Aurix. "What is that fool Ogre up to? Didn't Bryn say to take only what she needed?"
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ZeetZeet hefts the falchion in one hand. It looks like it should take two hands to wield but the goblin's arm muscles flex and keep the massive weapon aloft with ease. "ZeetZeet use blade now instead of teeth. Can cut through many foe and still tear through weapons and armor. Still gets angry. Magic not very good against ZeetZeet." He chuckles, flashing a still overly wide smile, though the teeth are much straighter and shinier than they once were. "Not much else has changed about ZeetZeet, that ZeetZeet has noticed. Feel different but not sure how."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear activates his pauldrons as his fluid body expands and oozes out of the room.(guargantuan reach) Long fluid arms come out of the room and hand 5 pick axes and 5 shovels to Aurora. The liquid arms hand out a ring, two wands, four potions, and a scroll to the princess. A liquid arms passes a large uncut Ruby to aurix.

"Princess... If you could identify while we move. Aurix. Would make a nice engagement piece when cut."

Umbear places the remaining sacks into​ his bag of holding before shrinking back to large. He then pressed through the crack in the wall. Waiting for the group to come around the corner, then proceed
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora blinked in shock and held the armful of tools for a moment, speechless. "Excuse me, what?" she asked archly.
    "I can neither fight nor cast with an armful of shovels and picks! I said I'd be willing to pull a cart or sledge, not carry around armfuls of tools!" she said with a disgruntled shake of her head. With a snort, the cremello centaur stacked the tools against the nearest wall.
    "If anyone actually wants to carry one of those, be my guest. Brynhildr said we could use a blade to retrieve the crystal though, so I doubt we'll really need any..."
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear thinks very hard to aurix.

" I have rora with the tools because she volunteered a back pack. We may be able to cut crystal but the crystal may not be above the surface"
    Festival of Heroes: