New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Outside Juvelnord City

Umbear thinks toward aurix.

if we are not concerned with genocide... I could just blast them into ash...
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora tilted her head. "I think we should save the magic if at all possible. Torilee said she has 'Haste', right? My suggestion would be that you and Geiravor hitch a ride on me, unless Kest is willing to carry one of you, while Torilee rides on Gorrun's shoulder. I can go faster than you can even if you have 'Haste'. If we run into trouble, Torilee can 'Haste' Gorrun, since he's too large to be carried. Umbear is also too large to carry, but I believe he can move quite fast when he needs to, based on what I've seen."
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix thinks to the group, "Predictably, Umbear wants to kill everything. I'm no pacifist, but I don't see a good reason to spend time and energy killing things that just wanna have sex in peace. Let's just run past. Oh, and Aurora, I have 8 uses of Haste left for today, you worry about your own spell slots. But if you're willing to carry us, that's a good idea. Let's do it."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Squeaking angrily while swooping and diving, the swarm of chicks pursued Jaylyn, biting and biting for (3d6)[10], some lingering to bombard Kasidra for (3d6)[9] as well. (Both need to make DC 22 fort saves or be petrified.)

Spoiler: Normal Vision
    Show

Spoiler: Low-light Vision
    Show

Spoiler: Droktoktor/eidolon
    Show

Spoiler: Hervir
    Show

Spoiler: Jaylyn/Kasidra
    Show

Spoiler: Zeetzeet
    Show
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-07-12 at 10:50 AM.
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

the chicks assault continued, with Jaylyn again feeling the similar sensation, this time she had no problems shaking it off. "All right, enough of that. I don't how much longer I can keep shaking it off." Jaylyn thought "Hopefully my friends will forgive me. If not... well... I'll deal with that when I come to it."

"Kasidra, hold your advancement for a moment, I'm using my acid breath," Jaylyn said turn to face the swarm building up her one use of it. She then let forth a line of acid into the chick swarm that traveled north until it hit the wall.

Acid Breath: 60 foot line, damage (6d8)[33] acid, Reflex save DC 28 for half damage

Once the acid breath was over she looked over where Kasidra. "Okay we can keep moving, I hope I didn't get any of that on you." Jaylyn said sincerely as she moved 30 feet south.
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-07-11 at 10:47 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Sqealing and squeaking, the horde of chicks parted around Jaylyn's acid breath, and seemed unphased, if not even more angry and agitated than before!
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

The large 8-legged creature made its way into the tunnel but had to squeeze its large body through the narrow passageway.

Double movement 140feet (should end in an area just large enough)
    Last edited by Milosh13; 2017-07-12 at 10:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear rolls his eyes at how Aurix rephrases his suggestion. Umbear signals to Gorrun to follow and takes the Quicker Path as indicated by the Mountain Troll. He keeps up his Perceptive Abilities and attempts to stealth forward so he can give the group good information.

(1d20+55)[73] Stealth
    (1d20+26)[33] Perception
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Kasidra grunted as the minuscule cockatrices bit her anywhere she was exposed. She resisted the power of their bite and swatted them off of her as she hurried 60' further down the tunnel.
    "Blasted little things!"
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hervir moved 60 feet (double move) down the cave expecting her Cloak of Winds to protect her.

Spoiler: Giant
    Show
    "Good luck out there, mate. Try not to bring the fight to me...Zzzz!"

The mountain troll rolled over allowing passage south but blocking the eastern path under the bridge.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-07-12 at 10:41 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora paused for a moment, blinking. Then she shook her head to herself, mouth thinning slightly.
    "Do you want me to get out my saddle or just jump right on?" Aurora inquired.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #162

The very idea of Aurora carrying someone left a bad taste in his mouth, but Kestejoo kept silent. Instead, he readied a summoning spell, in case it was necessary. He ran through the list of demons he could summon and settled on going for stealth killers. They usually do a good job, after all.

Let me know when we are moving... I have readied a summoning just in case.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I can ride bareback." Geiravor said.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix makes sure Geiravor gets securely up onto Aurora's back, then climbs up himself. "Whatever I can do to make sure you're not uncomfortable, let me know, Aurora," Aurix thinks to her, feeling awkward.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun nods, The faster path is better. I'm about as subtle as a Minotaur at a gnomish wedding. he took off after Umbear, shield redied.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora chuckled. "It's fine, really! The two of you together are still a 'light' load for me." The cremello centaur moved forward briskly.

Torilee hopped onto Gorrun's shoulder as they passed by. "Hey, ready with 'Haste' if you need it," she whispered to the shobhad.

Aurora trotted carefully south, past the mountain troll. She passed some crates and a barrel near a torch as she entered the next chamber and bolted through at a brisk pace and kept going, into the next room where she could see some light. In the doorway, her eyes widened as she had to make a split-second decision, and decided to keep going and not block the doorway. (Went a total of 160', did not use Chameleon Step.)
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ZeetZeet moves forward as far as he can, stopping if he find Ann open region or split paths. He keeps an eye out for any lizard chickens large enough for him to hit.

Move 50'
    Perception check (1d20+10)[20]
    Move up to 50'

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Markas stopped at a narrow gap that would take some effort to get through. ZeetZeet got ahead of him though and he called out, "See anything ZeetZeet!?" He also called back to the others, "there's a tight squeeze ahead! Can only get through one at a time! ZeetZeet is ahead of me! Need me to come back or are you still able to handle the chicks?"

(Holding further action waiting for a response)
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

Jaylyn looks back at Markas, "I'll be fine, however Droktoktor is currently out of my vision range so I can't say for sure bout him."

Jaylyn Looks back at the approaching swarm keeping an eye out for the Catfolk.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

The catfolk yelled ahead, I'll be along shortly. It's a little tight in here.
    Last edited by Milosh13; 2017-07-13 at 09:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I'll go on ahead then!" Markas said, "I can double-time it back really quick if needed!" He moved ahead another 55' and came across a side path bit only half as wide as the one they were on. He stopped and peered down both paths and kept an ear out for trouble

Spoiler: perception
    Show
    (1d20+24)[33]

He moved down the narrower path, squeezing past Zeet with an apology until he emerged into a wider tunnel and he heard, but didn't see signs of more chicks, "I'm through! I hear more of them but don't see them yet!" He announced
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-07-13 at 09:49 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Markas & Zeetzeet
    Show
    As Markas passes Zeetzeet, the peeping and scraping both heard earlier turned into full-on screeching and squealing, with fluttering wings and more vigorous scraping. Neither could see anything, but it sure sounded like the same cacophony the horde of baby cockatrices made when Zeetzeet disturbed the first bunch.
    Markas proceeded onward, choosing to go the long way around instead of taking the second shortcut. When he reached where the shortcut opened back up into the tunnel he was in, there was yet more enraged squealing and fluttering as Markas passed by.
    The angry sounds moved away from Zeetzeet, following Markas, but it sounded like they went through the shortcut instead of going around the way he did. Then Markas felt the prickle of claws as thousands of baby cockatrices began crawling on him, becoming visible as they began biting and biting! More dove at his face from the air, biting and biting for (3d6)[10] damage! (Markas needs to make a DC 22 fort save or be petrified.)
    It sounded like there was twice as many baby cockatrices near Markas as were visible.

The swarm of babies between Jaylyn and Hervir straightened into a line as they flooded the tunnel in pursuit of Jaylyn. They crawled over her and dove at her head and back, biting and biting and biting for (3d6)[10] damage! (DC 22 fort save or be petrified.)
    Spoiler: Normal vision
    Show

Spoiler: Low-light vision
    Show

Spoiler: Droktoktor
    Show

Spoiler: Jaylyn, Hervir, Kasidra
    Show

Spoiler: Zeetzeet
    Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #173

"Okay, breath weapon didn't work, plan B Meteor Swarm," Jaylyn thought as she look beyond the swarm and saw Hervir. "CRAP, Hervir's there" Jaylyn looked behind her and saw Kasidra behind her "Crap they are both too close for Meteor Swarm, I don't want to accidentally hit either of them, and I don't have time to selectively use Solar Burst either." Jaylyn continued to think, shaking off the effects of the chicks.

"Well I hope this works better," Jaylyn said moving south 30 feet going along the wall and down to the floor as she moved.

She turned and faced the swarm switching to draconic,

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Wyrms of Gold, go and burn my foes."

A fiery line started from Jaylyn's mouth, moving north 35 feet, then up 5 feet and south 20 more feet before stopping. Dealing (15d6+15)[60] fire damage, reflex dc 27 for half.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20 to ID
    Show
    Fire Snake

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Something strange seemed to happen as Jaylyn's spell wended its way through the horde of chicks. The magic fire seemed to miss completely! The chicks didn't seem to heave out of the way like with the breath attack. Instead, it was rather like they flickered, the fire seeming to pass right through many of them without doing anything, as if they weren't really where it looked like they were.
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

The large feline creature made it's way south through the tight tunnels, squeezing through a majority of them until it was just north of Hervir.

Double Movement

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Kasidra proceeded another 60' down the tunnel. "How is everyone doing?" she asked. "Any injuries in need of attention yet?"
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear finally gets past the reavers and ensures everyone else had to before moving to the next cavern area. He freezes as he looks in the room. Smiling to gorrun. He thinks to aurix.

I'm gonna diplomacize some drow because Aurora simply cannot sneak past them

Umbear steps out from the shadows. His hands empty, though his ogre body still a bit fluid.

"Greetings. I see you are enjoying your lunch. I'd have to hate to disrupt it. So I'm making the conscious effort to be a good ogre and see if you happen to be drow that value an undisturbed lunch. If you do, please allow me and my pack to pass through. "

(1d20+1)[16] diplomacy
    Festival of Heroes:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora recovered from her initial surprise and offered a fleeting, sheepish smile.
    "We are attempting to pass through without disturbing the reavers, and could continue on our way without disturbing you, either," she said sweetly, agreeing with the ogre. Aid another: (1d20+27)[40]
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Once Aurora moved, Kestejoo followed, though he made sure to give her plenty of room. He did not want to be right up on her the entire time. He kept his eyes peeled as he moved, and seeing as there was no way to keep the sound of his giant hooves quiet, he didn't bother stealthing.

Perception: (1d20+28)[37]

He stopped about ten feet to the right of Aurora, making sure to give her and those on her back plenty of room. The sight in front of him made him straighten and clutch his chain whip tighter. Just in case things went south.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

As the party go by the cuddling Red Reavers undisturbed, they stumbled into a drow camp. A band of drow were having a meal as Umbear spoke up. Geiravor glared at the drow, but softened her face as she realized Umbear was trying to pacify them.

Spoiler: Abyssal
    Show
    "Don't mind us. We are just passing through as the orge says."

Aid Diplomacy
    (1d20+16)[19]

Hervir moved 30 down the cave, stepping into the swarm. She held her hand out at Jaylyn.

Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "Wind, cloak this child!

Spoiler: Spellcraft 18
    Show
    Cloak of Winds

Hoping her own Cloak of Wind would scatter the chicks some.

Fortitude Save vs. DC22 if the swarm attacks.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-07-14 at 03:09 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes