Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld Thread X: A Series of Unfortunate Cliffhangers

This would be a SKIP I believe.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

SKIP-a-dee-do-dah, SKIP-a-dee-day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    True. However, he has a lot of reach, and a lot of Archons. Are you saying that among all his many Archons there aren't at least two that can see through a cheap baffle? I found that implausible.
    I mean, that's cool. But I'm not saying that. Others have addressed the issue already. I see no reason continuing the argument when you just want to find a problem where it doesn't exist.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    This is Charlie we're talking about. He micros almost everything and the arkendish allows him to quickly update orders to his minions. He's supposed to be doing this for countless turns. Ordering Hamster to go through while forgeting to warn his true seeing archons to hold fire would be like Stanley cracking his own skull with the arkenhammer.
    Charlie was literally in the middle of relaying the order to not shoot at Parson to Bonnie when he stepped through and got shot at. Cut the guy some slack, he's usually all hooked up in his Powered Tower, but it kinda got depowered so now he has to do everything manually.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Charlie was literally in the middle of relaying the order to not shoot at Parson to Bonnie when he stepped through and got shot at. Cut the guy some slack, he's usually all hooked up in his Powered Tower, but it kinda got depowered so now he has to do everything manually.
    Then he could've just warned Bonnie first, then ordered Hamster to step through. It's not rocket science. We can't really take seriously a character who makes such basic mistakes. What's next, Charlie orders an archon to press the big red "self-destruct" button from Charlescom while he's inside and then goes "ups"?

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Then he could've just warned Bonnie first, then ordered Hamster to step through. It's not rocket science. We can't really take seriously a character who makes such basic mistakes. What's next, Charlie orders an archon to press the big red "self-destruct" button from Charlescom while he's inside and then goes "ups"?
    Its been shown that Charlie's strengths are in making long-term plans, and in doing negotiations (especially when he knows he has the upper hand). When Charlie's plans start to fall apart, he's not very good at improvising on the spot, especially when it's possibilities that he's never considered happening. If he has time to come up with something, then he is a very formidable foe, but he's much weaker when being forced to come up with things on the spot, especially without the Arkendish.

It's a consistent characterization, and it does show that he has a weakness that can be exploited - especially by Parson, whose key strength lies partially in improvisation.
    Are you a PTU fan who likes play by post? Well, we've now made a forum specifically for you. Come check it out, and join the community!

List of Magic Items. Only Mostly Useless...