Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Ironfang Invasion - Players Wanted!

I post in the name of copying the applicant table to the most visible spot on the new page for easy reference.

Spoiler: Table of Applicants
    Show

Player Character Race Class Alignment Campaign Trait Finished
    TaiLiu Atarah Ratfolk Occultist (Necroccultist) Neutral Good Animal Whisperer Crunch
    Weatherwax Paladin? No
    Rofltrollcopter Investigator No
    HappyMerecat Taggart Char Half-Orc Ranger Chaotic Neutral Ironfang Survivor Crunch, Fluff in progress
    Starbin Narek Skyskin Samsaran Wizard (Transmuter) Lawful Neutral Blight-Burned Yes
    Sleepy Shade Terry Bane Half-Elf Alchemist (Bramble Brewer) Chaotic Neutral Frontier Healer Yes
    grifter730 No
    KevSaund Vaughn Hamson Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) Lawful Good Foxclaw Scout Crunch, Fluff Outline
    Farmerbink Oracle or Ranger No
    Lord Of Mantas Mortimer Bestatter and Armina Human Spiritualist Chaotic Good Blight-Burned Yes
    Gwynfrid Samridar Plogg Human Sorcerer (Wildblooded) Neutral Good Animal Whisperer Crunch and Fluff in progress
    forg99rules Occultist (Battle Host) No
    n0ble Rask Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard) True Neutral Ironfang Survivor Yes
    TheGrimPeddler Human Psychic (Amnesiac) No
    cecil1994 Witch No
    Inspector Valin Sigrid Torradam Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) Lawful Good Frontier Healer Yes
    DemonRukasu Caesar Stormwind Human Sorcerer True Neutral Blight-Burned Crunch
    grifter730 Alchemist No
    Eldritch Horror Howard J. Tillinghast Human Alchemist (Preservationist) Lawful Neutral Frontier Healer Crunch
    PersonMan Eyena Human Magus (Hexcrafter) Lawful Good Ironfang Survivor Yes
    Noedig Arn Broadback Dwarf Ranger Neutral Good Kraggodan Survivor Yes
    Kai927 Human Brawler No
    LordHavelock Gunslinger? No
    rypt Aldor Harrigan and Syg Human Hunter Neutral Good Animal Whisperer Crunch
    u-b Martin Geddaye Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) Chaotic Good Ironfang Survivor Crunch, Fluff Outline
    Kvard51 Benaiah Black Human Cleric, eventual Hinterlander Lawful Good Frontier Healer Crunch
    Propagandist Severina Devil-Luck Human Gunslinger True Neutral World-Weary Yes
    Mornings <Skillmonkey> No
    Koryander No
    LittleCarp04 Murbol Uzrid Half-Orc Bloodrager (Primalist/Spelleater) Chaotic Good Unbreakable Survivor Yes

Spoiler: Unused Classes
    Show
    Core
    Barbarian
    Druid
    Fighter
    Monk
    Rogue

Base
    Cavalier
    Summoner (Unchained version only)

Hybrid
    Arcanist
    Shaman
    Skald
    Warpriest

Occult
    Kineticist
    Medium
    Mesmerist

Spoiler: Unused Campaign Traits
    Show
    Chernasado Hopeful

And for those of you who haven't called your dads to wish them happy father's day, now is a good time.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-06-19 at 08:30 PM.
    Banner by Ceika

Currently Playing:

Halbrecht (IC 4 OOC 5), Jiafa (IC, OOC), Hammerhead (IC, OOC), Mortimer (IC, OOC)

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Are we allowed to refluff the Necromantic Servant class ability? Just to lower the odds of being stabbed, you know.
    I would think there would need to be a downside to it if you are allowed to refluff it as necromatic abilities are generally biased against and as they invoke negative energy are seen as evil.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMerecat View Post
    I would think there would need to be a downside to it if you are allowed to refluff it as necromatic abilities are generally biased against and as they invoke negative energy are seen as evil.
    Ha! That's fair - I'm thinking of just getting a big cloak, really. "That's not rotting flesh; Bob just has a distinct smell!"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's not my fault flies like him so much!"
    Banner by Ceika

Currently Playing:

Halbrecht (IC 4 OOC 5), Jiafa (IC, OOC), Hammerhead (IC, OOC), Mortimer (IC, OOC)

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "It's not my fault flies like him so much!"
    "He's just real good with the animals, y'know. The creepy, crawly ones, but still!"

6. - Top - End - #156

Incidentally, I'm finishing up the mechanics for Atarah, and I got her a pet dire rat. Anyone have any suggestions for tricks? I've got six I can have, and I don't want him to be a combat pet - he doesn't have the hit points or stats for it. I've decided that it should be some of the following, but I need help narrowing it down:

- Come;
    - Deliver;
    - Detect;
    - Fetch;
    - Flee;
    - Heel;
    - Get Help;
    - Sneak;
    - Track;
    - Watch.
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2017-06-19 at 02:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

I'd go with Watch, Sneak, Fetch, Deliver, (Possibly Track), then...maybe Heel?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Here's the sheet and fluff for Severina Devil-Luck, hard-worn gunslinger and first user of the World-Weary trait. Everything is pretty much complete, save that I'd like to use the One Leg drawback (it lowers your speed by 10 feet), and it's technically third party, so I wanted to run that by 3SecondCultist first.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Spoiler: Picture!
    Show

Severina is a tall, weathered woman, with a gangling, lanky build, a wry smile, and weariness in her walk. She's packed a lot of living into 31 years, and it shows. The leg might be the first thing everyone sees, but her body is a constellation of scars. There's clear Ulfen ancestry somewhere in the family tree, with her pale skin, light blonde, almost white hair and knowing sky-blue eyes. Severina couldn't tell you anything beyond that, as her ma died when she was 10 and pa was, as she likes to put it, "a bit of a rover."

Her most notable feature is the one that's missing. Severina's right leg is, well, severed (and if you make that joke in front of her she'll punch you), just below the hip. It's been replaced with a bit of dwarven ingenuity, a complex geared metal prosthesis that lets her move just like someone with two whole legs, albeit a little slower and with a slight limp.

When all geared up for combat, Severina wears a downright gaudy set of armor that at some point in its life was the uniform of an Ustalavian soldier. Now mismatched and partly painted red, it has very little to do with the Undying Kingdom and a lot to do with it's mercenary owner's quirks. There are little hearts embroidered along the edges of her gloves, and a pair of devil horns atop her helmet, all topped off with the biggest feather Severina could find.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Severina's a pile of contradictions. She's a soldier through and through, a mercenary who hasn't much cared what or who she's fighting, so long as the coin is steady. She's also a slovenly, insubordinate mess. She's obey your order, but you're gettin' an earful if she thinks it's a stupid order.

Sev is an endless font of good cheer and absolutely pitch-black gallows humor, often in the same breath. She's rude and uncouth, can swear in 10 languages but can barely write in Common, is a connoisseur of the cheapest rotgut anyone ever choked down, and is practically an encyclopedia of dirty soldier's songs. She's also gentle and genuine as a lamb when dealing with innocents, especially children. She's had decades to become numb to the horrors of war. They haven't, and it ain't right to drop anyone into that sort of life who don't know exactly what they're in for.

Thing is, she should be dead. Oh sure, she's lost count of the close calls, the dangers that come with fighting for a living, but the leg? That's a different stripe. She really, truly, should have died, and when you come through something like that in one piece (Shut up. You know what I mean.), it changes your outlook. There's got to be more to life than marching and killing. Maybe it's time she took stock, and put a little good back into the world. That's harder than it sounds. She's been a soldier since she was 15, she doesn't know anything else.

Still, she's making progress, in her own fumbling way. There's a genuinely good person in there, somewhere. Sev's crude, not cruel. That good side just needs a little time to wake up, it's been asleep for a long while. The long stay in Phaendar has helped. It's peaceful, quiet. There hasn't been enough of either in Severina's life. Maybe things are finally turning around, yeah?

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Severina is cursed. Talk to anyone who's known her for more than five minutes, and they'll say the same thing. The woman has the worst luck in all of Avistan. Devil's luck, opined an old sergeant when she was a fresh-faced recruit in the River Kingdoms, and the nickname stuck. Unlucky in love, unlucky in cards and dice, always in the wrong place at the wrong time, always the one left holding the bag when a plan goes pear-shaped, always the one left to fight her way out after the army that hired her was routed. She couldn't catch a break if you handed it to her. She's been in a dozen big battles and countless smaller ones, all over the continent, fighting for whoever needed blades, or in her case, a bit of black powder on their side, and you can count the fights they won on one hand.

Some of her old friends, the real friends, the ones who know which of her tavern tales are bull**** and which ones are true, have a theory. It's not that Sev is unlucky, see. It's that all of her luck goes into keeping her sorry ass alive, so there's nothing left for the little things. That's how she busted out of the poker game in five hands, and got herself slapped when she tried to sweet-talk the innkeeper's daughter, but can somehow drag herself away after losing a leg to an ogre and end up being found by mercenaries from Kraggodan before she bled out. In true style, it wasn't even an important battle, just one of the dozens of skirmishes on the southern front. "Probably didn't even merit a mention in the next day's reports."

Given that there wasn't a healer who could fix a wound that severe for a hundred leagues, the dwarves took their grateful cargo to the next best place - the company blacksmith. The resulting contraption sure isn't pretty, but it can bend and bounce and twist pretty much like the real thing. "An' it makes me a smaller target, too!" It's not perfect, there's a lot more pain than Severina lets on, and she's slower than she used to be, but it beats the tar out of hobbling around on a crutch.

Still, jumping right back into the fight (or, you know, jumping at all) was a tall order when you've just had bits of steel fastened directly to what's left of your femur. She needed to heal up, so Severina joined the stream of wounded and worn out troops heading north, and eventually found herself in Phaendar, a nice little town, she judged, as good a place as any to convalesce and get herself right again. That was several months ago, and she now that she's remembered how to walk again, she really ought to be headed back down south, back to the war. There's something keeping her in the village, though.

She's starting to entertain the idea of hanging it all up for good. There's only so much fight in a person, and jokes aside, she knows she's been damn lucky to live this long. "I'm runnin' out of pieces anyhow." Maybe open a tavern in some peaceful little backwater town like this? Not that Severina knows the first thing about running a business, but she's been in enough. How hard can it be? Or maybe travel a bit? Not slogging through the muck and living off salt pork and moldy hardtack, proper travel, seein' the sights, like the high and mighty do. There's got to be more to life than death and the fine art of camping in the mud. Phaendar might be the place to figure out what that is.

9. - Top - End - #159

Are we allowed to refluff the Necromantic Servant class ability? Just to lower the odds of being stabbed, you know.
    I mean... it's a zombie or a skeleton. I don't know how I would refluff the ability without radically changing it. You're welcome to try disguising or hiding your creation somewhere until you need it - this is more of a problem at lower levels, where you can't just stick it and any other servants into a portable hole and just have done with it. I would rather see you get creative than make any changes to the way the class ability works.

Quote Originally Posted by Propagandist View Post
    Here's the sheet and fluff for Severina Devil-Luck, hard-worn gunslinger and first user of the World-Weary trait. Everything is pretty much complete, save that I'd like to use the One Leg drawback (it lowers your speed by 10 feet), and it's technically third party, so I wanted to run that by 3SecondCultist first.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Spoiler: Picture!
    Show

Severina is a tall, weathered woman, with a gangling, lanky build, a wry smile, and weariness in her walk. She's packed a lot of living into 31 years, and it shows. The leg might be the first thing everyone sees, but her body is a constellation of scars. There's clear Ulfen ancestry somewhere in the family tree, with her pale skin, light blonde, almost white hair and knowing sky-blue eyes. Severina couldn't tell you anything beyond that, as her ma died when she was 10 and pa was, as she likes to put it, "a bit of a rover."

Her most notable feature is the one that's missing. Severina's right leg is, well, severed (and if you make that joke in front of her she'll punch you), just below the hip. It's been replaced with a bit of dwarven ingenuity, a complex geared metal prosthesis that lets her move just like someone with two whole legs, albeit a little slower and with a slight limp.

When all geared up for combat, Severina wears a downright gaudy set of armor that at some point in its life was the uniform of an Ustalavian soldier. Now mismatched and partly painted red, it has very little to do with the Undying Kingdom and a lot to do with it's mercenary owner's quirks. There are little hearts embroidered along the edges of her gloves, and a pair of devil horns atop her helmet, all topped off with the biggest feather Severina could find.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Severina's a pile of contradictions. She's a soldier through and through, a mercenary who hasn't much cared what or who she's fighting, so long as the coin is steady. She's also a slovenly, insubordinate mess. She's obey your order, but you're gettin' an earful if she thinks it's a stupid order.

Sev is an endless font of good cheer and absolutely pitch-black gallows humor, often in the same breath. She's rude and uncouth, can swear in 10 languages but can barely write in Common, is a connoisseur of the cheapest rotgut anyone ever choked down, and is practically an encyclopedia of dirty soldier's songs. She's also gentle and genuine as a lamb when dealing with innocents, especially children. She's had decades to become numb to the horrors of war. They haven't, and it ain't right to drop anyone into that sort of life who don't know exactly what they're in for.

Thing is, she should be dead. Oh sure, she's lost count of the close calls, the dangers that come with fighting for a living, but the leg? That's a different stripe. She really, truly, should have died, and when you come through something like that in one piece (Shut up. You know what I mean.), it changes your outlook. There's got to be more to life than marching and killing. Maybe it's time she took stock, and put a little good back into the world. That's harder than it sounds. She's been a soldier since she was 15, she doesn't know anything else.

Still, she's making progress, in her own fumbling way. There's a genuinely good person in there, somewhere. Sev's crude, not cruel. That good side just needs a little time to wake up, it's been asleep for a long while. The long stay in Phaendar has helped. It's peaceful, quiet. There hasn't been enough of either in Severina's life. Maybe things are finally turning around, yeah?

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Severina is cursed. Talk to anyone who's known her for more than five minutes, and they'll say the same thing. The woman has the worst luck in all of Avistan. Devil's luck, opined an old sergeant when she was a fresh-faced recruit in the River Kingdoms, and the nickname stuck. Unlucky in love, unlucky in cards and dice, always in the wrong place at the wrong time, always the one left holding the bag when a plan goes pear-shaped, always the one left to fight her way out after the army that hired her was routed. She couldn't catch a break if you handed it to her. She's been in a dozen big battles and countless smaller ones, all over the continent, fighting for whoever needed blades, or in her case, a bit of black powder on their side, and you can count the fights they won on one hand.

Some of her old friends, the real friends, the ones who know which of her tavern tales are bull**** and which ones are true, have a theory. It's not that Sev is unlucky, see. It's that all of her luck goes into keeping her sorry ass alive, so there's nothing left for the little things. That's how she busted out of the poker game in five hands, and got herself slapped when she tried to sweet-talk the innkeeper's daughter, but can somehow drag herself away after losing a leg to an ogre and end up being found by mercenaries from Kraggodan before she bled out. In true style, it wasn't even an important battle, just one of the dozens of skirmishes on the southern front. "Probably didn't even merit a mention in the next day's reports."

Given that there wasn't a healer who could fix a wound that severe for a hundred leagues, the dwarves took their grateful cargo to the next best place - the company blacksmith. The resulting contraption sure isn't pretty, but it can bend and bounce and twist pretty much like the real thing. "An' it makes me a smaller target, too!" It's not perfect, there's a lot more pain than Severina lets on, and she's slower than she used to be, but it beats the tar out of hobbling around on a crutch.

Still, jumping right back into the fight (or, you know, jumping at all) was a tall order when you've just had bits of steel fastened directly to what's left of your femur. She needed to heal up, so Severina joined the stream of wounded and worn out troops heading north, and eventually found herself in Phaendar, a nice little town, she judged, as good a place as any to convalesce and get herself right again. That was several months ago, and she now that she's remembered how to walk again, she really ought to be headed back down south, back to the war. There's something keeping her in the village, though.

She's starting to entertain the idea of hanging it all up for good. There's only so much fight in a person, and jokes aside, she knows she's been damn lucky to live this long. "I'm runnin' out of pieces anyhow." Maybe open a tavern in some peaceful little backwater town like this? Not that Severina knows the first thing about running a business, but she's been in enough. How hard can it be? Or maybe travel a bit? Not slogging through the muck and living off salt pork and moldy hardtack, proper travel, seein' the sights, like the high and mighty do. There's got to be more to life than death and the fine art of camping in the mud. Phaendar might be the place to figure out what that is.
    I like the character concept - and I'm glad somebody finally decided to go with World Weary! Or anything that isn't Blight Burned, Frontier Healer, or Ironfang Survivor, really. You might want to copy your image over to your sheet, so that we can see the cool portrait at the top. Hopefully Mantas adds your sheet up onto the board. I'm probably going to allow that drawback, even though I made a line in the sand about 3rd party material. Ironically, I didn't even realize that was 3rd party before you pointed it out, so you probably could have slipped it past me. Thanks for not doing that.

@everyone: I have added a blurb on Phaendar and some of its inhabitants in the OP for you all to read, in case you want to use some of the named NPCs or generally talk about the town in your backstories.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Skull and Shackles (DM)
    - Rise of the Runelords (Cade Rhineheart)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    @everyone: I have added a blurb on Phaendar and some of its inhabitants in the OP for you all to read, in case you want to use some of the named NPCs or generally talk about the town in your backstories.
    Thanks. I edited my post and sheet accordingly. Also, I added an animal companion.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

@Propagandist: I made a cropped version of the picture you used, so you can have a non-stretched, non-tiny version on the sheet. Unfortunately, including the feather would scrunch the entire image together, so I left it out.

I like the character concept - and I'm glad somebody finally decided to go with World Weary! Or anything that isn't Blight Burned, Frontier Healer, or Ironfang Survivor, really.
    Hey now, I had a World Weary application up for a while...2-3 hours, before switching over.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Thanks. I edited my post and sheet accordingly. Also, I added an animal companion.
    Nice! I'll take a look in a bit. I've been checking over the sheets, but I'll wait until I'm properly reviewing them to rake you all over the coals.

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Hey now, I had a World Weary application up for a while...2-3 hours, before switching over.
    That's fair. Also honestly, the Ironfang Survivor trait is one of the better ones out there for anyone who's going to be tangling in melee. Getting a +2 dodge bonus to AC against 75% of the enemies in this game is not too shabby.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey, it's not my fault all the campaign traits involve speaking with animals, surviving something or helping the military.

I just took the one that was more of a Sorcerer trait. Hate of fey beings comes as an extra.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Nice! I'll take a look in a bit. I've been checking over the sheets, but I'll wait until I'm properly reviewing them to rake you all over the coals.

That's fair. Also honestly, the Ironfang Survivor trait is one of the better ones out there for anyone who's going to be tangling in melee. Getting a +2 dodge bonus to AC against 75% of the enemies in this game is not too shabby.
    Right?! XD

It was between that and the Kraggodan Castaway for me, and I couldn't not take a Dwarf only trait. It just felt dishonest XD

Gotta say, greatly looking forward to the 23rd, because I REALLY want to know who's playing.

15. - Top - End - #165

DruidGuy

Spoiler: Table of Applicants
    Show

Player Character Race Class Alignment Campaign Trait Finished
    TaiLiu Atarah Ratfolk Occultist (Necroccultist) Neutral Good Animal Whisperer Crunch
    Weatherwax Paladin? No
    Rofltrollcopter Investigator No
    HappyMerecat Taggart Char Half-Orc Ranger Chaotic Neutral Ironfang Survivor Crunch, Fluff in progress
    Starbin Narek Skyskin Samsaran Wizard (Transmuter) Lawful Neutral Blight-Burned Yes
    Sleepy Shade Terry Bane Half-Elf Alchemist (Bramble Brewer) Chaotic Neutral Frontier Healer Yes
    grifter730 No
    KevSaund Vaughn Hamson Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) Lawful Good Foxclaw Scout Crunch, Fluff Outline
    Farmerbink Oracle or Ranger No
    Lord Of Mantas Mortimer Bestatter and Armina Human Spiritualist Chaotic Good Blight-Burned Yes
    Gwynfrid Samridar Plogg Human Sorcerer (Wildblooded) Neutral Good Animal Whisperer Crunch and Fluff in progress
    forg99rules Occultist (Battle Host) No
    n0ble Rask Half-Orc Slayer (Vanguard) True Neutral Ironfang Survivor Yes
    TheGrimPeddler Human Psychic (Amnesiac) No
    cecil1994 Witch No
    Inspector Valin Sigrid Torradam Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) Lawful Good Frontier Healer Yes
    DemonRukasu Caesar Stormwind Human Sorcerer True Neutral Blight-Burned Crunch
    grifter730 Alchemist No
    Eldritch Horror Howard J. Tillinghast Human Alchemist (Preservationist) Lawful Neutral Frontier Healer Crunch
    PersonMan Eyena Human Magus (Hexcrafter) Lawful Good Ironfang Survivor Yes
    Noedig Arn Broadback Dwarf Ranger Neutral Good Kraggodan Survivor Yes
    Kai927 Human Brawler No
    LordHavelock Gunslinger? No
    rypt Aldor Harrigan and Syg Human Hunter Neutral Good Animal Whisperer Crunch
    u-b Martin Geddaye Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) Chaotic Good Ironfang Survivor Crunch, Fluff Outline
    Kvard51 Benaiah Black Human Cleric, eventual Hinterlander Lawful Good Frontier Healer Crunch
    Propagandist Severina Devil-Luck Human Gunslinger True Neutral World-Weary Yes
    Mornings <Skillmonkey> No
    Koryander No
    LittleCarp04 Murbol Urzid Half-Orc Bloodrager - Primalist/Spelleater Chaotic Good Unbreakable Survivor Yes

Spoiler: Unused Classes
    Show
    Core
    Barbarian
    Druid
    Fighter
    Monk
    Rogue

Base
    Cavalier
    Summoner (Unchained version only)

Hybrid
    Arcanist
    Shaman
    Skald
    Warpriest

Occult
    Kineticist
    Medium
    Mesmerist

Spoiler: Unused Campaign Traits
    Show
    Chernasado Hopeful

Wanted to update the tables and such as found in Lord of Mantas' post. I originally submitted my character back on page 2 but apparently she was missed and I just realized it.
    Last edited by LittleCarp04; 2017-06-19 at 11:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

@3SC: I added Propagandist's sheet as soon as I woke up. If it's not showing let me know and I'll take a look.

@LittleCarp04: Sorry I missed you! For anyone else I miss, if I've done so, just let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Incidentally, Propagandist, that is a pretty sweet chatacter portrait.

As for my own choice of traits, Mort's backstory kind of revolves atound him survivng some sort of trauma, which kind of precludes animal whisperer, frontier healer, cherasado hopeful and foxclaw scout. At the time, since Ironfang Survivor was already being picked a lot, I decided Blight-Burned struck the best balance between that and being useful and unique. Plus, the Fangwood from where he fled can be a bit swampy at times, and Mort worships a deity known to be associated with marshes, so it's thematically appropriate.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-06-19 at 11:33 AM.
    Banner by Ceika

Currently Playing:

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #167

So.. there will be only one person with each campaign trait in the group or there can be more... like a group full of blight-burneds?

Ps: Don't you think it's funny how it's called blight-burned but it gives you a scar not a burn?
    Last edited by DemonRukasu; 2017-06-19 at 01:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRukasu View Post
    So.. there will be only one person with each campaign trait in the group or there can be more... like a group full of blight-burneds?
    In an ideal world, I would have a full party with diverse campaign traits, but I know that's not likely to be a reality. I'll probably try to pick a group that's not entirely composed of one trait, but I'd probably be okay with more than one party member having one. The Ironfang Legion leaves more than one survivor behind, and the Blight is a big enough area to justify more than one person being scarred by it.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:

19. - Top - End - #169

In an ideal world, I would have a full party with diverse campaign traits, but I know that's not likely to be a reality. I'll probably try to pick a group that's not entirely composed of one trait, but I'd probably be okay with more than one party member having one. The Ironfang Legion leaves more than one survivor behind, and the Blight is a big enough area to justify more than one person being scarred by it.
    So getting a unused campaign trait would increase the person's chance of being chosen... Well i'm not that desperate (Even though i don't play for months)

20. - Top - End - #170

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    @Propagandist: I made a cropped version of the picture you used, so you can have a non-stretched, non-tiny version on the sheet. Unfortunately, including the feather would scrunch the entire image together, so I left it out.
    Thank you! It's been added to her sheet, and it looks pretty good.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

On the subject of pictures, if anyone knows of any character portraits featuring people communing with ghosts who DON'T look evil, I would be very grateful.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-06-19 at 04:04 PM.
    Banner by Ceika

Currently Playing:

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    On the subject of pictures, if anyone knows of any character portraits featuring people communing with ghosts who DON'T look evil, I would be very grateful.
    Gotchu fam

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9edb95af85.jpg

23. - Top - End - #173

By the way i'm getting a drawback, thinking of Warded Against Nature because.... Yes... Reason: The animals fear my scar due to it being related to blighted fey.

Just taking it to spice things up and mosquito protection :v

It will be bad for horse riding in a group but i can stay a few ft away with no problem.
    Last edited by DemonRukasu; 2017-06-19 at 05:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ha! That's fair - I'm thinking of just getting a big cloak, really. "That's not rotting flesh; Bob just has a distinct smell!"
    That seems completely lacking in a downside.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

By the way i'm getting a drawback, thinking of Warded Against Nature because.... Yes... Reason: The animals fear my scar due to it being related to blighted fey.

Just taking it to spice things up and mosquito protection :v

It will be bad for horse riding in a group but i can stay a few ft away with no problem.
    mosquitos aren't animals in pthfinder so far as I know :p

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMerecat View Post
    mosquitos aren't animals in pthfinder so far as I know :p
    Big Cave Mosquitos a.k.a. bats maybe? Batman and vampires fear me

It also works well if we ever go against hounds and stuff like that, not sure if it works against druids and other people that can turn into animals, i think i wouldn't even take the third trait since this is both a downside and an upside. But a free trait is a free trait.
    Last edited by DemonRukasu; 2017-06-19 at 06:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

It also works well if we ever go against hounds and stuff like that, not sure if it works against druids and other people that can turn into animals, i think i wouldn't even take the third trait since this is both a downside and an upside. But a free trait is a free trait.
    Druids and shapechangers don't change creature type, as far as I know (at least that's how I read RAW for the polymorph subschool).

On the other hand, it looks like this drawback will affect the companions, familiars, and other animal friends of any other character in the group. It might make you somewhat unpopular.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Druids and shapechangers don't change creature type, as far as I know (at least that's how I read RAW for the polymorph subschool).

On the other hand, it looks like this drawback will affect the companions, familiars, and other animal friends of any other character in the group. It might make you somewhat unpopular.
    Good thing it doesn't affect my summons, it'd be fun to make a summoner with warded against nature if it affected your own animal summons, or just straight up sad...

On the other hand if me or the animal owner get a 20 on handle animal/ride or some druid bluesheet wild empathy i think the animal can get near me permanently since it doesn't specify.
    Last edited by DemonRukasu; 2017-06-19 at 08:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pretty sure it would still affect summoned creatures, summoned by you or otherwise. "Animals do not willingly approach within 30 feet of you, unless you or the animal’s master succeeds at a DC 20 Handle Animal, Ride, or wild empathy check. Animal companions, familiars, and mounts granted by your class abilities are immune to this effect." Emphasis mine. It doesn'y say anything about summoned creatures being unaffected.

Finally got a chance to sit down and hammer out Dr. Tillinghast's fluff so expect that soon!

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Horror View Post
    Pretty sure it would still affect summoned creatures, summoned by you or otherwise. "Animals do not willingly approach within 30 feet of you, unless you or the animal’s master succeeds at a DC 20 Handle Animal, Ride, or wild empathy check. Animal companions, familiars, and mounts granted by your class abilities are immune to this effect." Emphasis mine. It doesn'y say anything about summoned creatures being unaffected.

Finally got a chance to sit down and hammer out Dr. Tillinghast's fluff so expect that soon!
    Oh no.

But Mr.Animalsummonthatidon'tknowthename is my animal companion for life, how could you do this?

I guess it makes them run faster towards the enemy.
    Last edited by DemonRukasu; 2017-06-19 at 10:16 PM.