New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dresden Files: The Charlotte Story

James thinks for a moment, then says "Well, I suppose I'm good at talking with people. I could talk to the camera seller, if the rest of you are worried about damaging electronics."
    Last edited by Etherion; 2017-07-19 at 12:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, I should probably stay away from the electronics as well," Devlin commented after they prepared to move on to the next stage of their investigation. Far less worried about the car he was currently traveling inside with. "I could go along and talk to the cleaning staff? Though...I don't speak Spanish, if that comes up. But I can look menacing to, y'know. Get lips loose."

Devlin crossed his arms, shifting a little uncomfortably. "I'm not sure how much help I'd be when talking to the Knight guy." Half-demon and all, that he was. Also, ****ing holiness. And holier than thou. "I could go along when talking to any contact, or point me at any book and I'll be researching." Somewhat.
    "Insanity: a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world." - R.D. Laing

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Darren - Merry Maids, The Next Morning

Having acquired a photo of the cleaning lady from Bishop, Darren decides to head down to the service that Hector most often uses for picking up extra help on party days. He'd have asked Hector come with, but he is never too sure how much the man knows about his dad's operations or the weird crap that happens in this city. He drives down to the strip mall that contains the austere looking, flat box of a building. He steps out of his SUV "dressed down" in a pair of designer jeans, leather boots, and a plain, white T that he could sell to pay for a full day of house cleaning. The door squeaks as he enters, and a pleasant, round-faced woman with a name-tag reading "Tabitha" greets him at the counter.

She doesn't respond well to his flirtations, and seems to clam up on being shown the picture. "<Spanish> Do you know this woman?" Tabitha shakes her head no, but her whole body says otherwise. "<Spanish> She might be in trouble. I want to help." He notices a Guatemalan flag on her desk and switches tact, talking about her home country.

Spoiler: Investigate
    Show
    I didn't want to give her no voice in this scene, but I'm busy at work and wanted to get some exposition out. If I have time later, I will come back in and give Tabitha some actual dialogue. She is supposed to be

I rolled a 1 on Investigate in the OC thread. I'm going to say that I'm using my "Well, when I was in Europe..." to have gone backpacking through Guatemala (i know that isn't in Europe, but the intent is sparse world knowledge) to try to explain that I know a bit about her homeland.

The 0 on my rapport check maybe gives her a boost of "Just not interested in this guy"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet nods and steers Diane towards the nearest Target (Walmart had banned her long ago for aiding an attempted union). Time to pick up ritual supplies.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d3-7)[1] Resources roll to place the aspect Well Supplied on us.

Then to the bookstore, and her apartment above it. Her ritual workspace was big enough for two people, as long as nobody needed to move around too much. Ready to go?
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Raith - Silvertail Ranch, The Next Morning

Anna struts through the main entrance of her glamorous establishment, wearing the standard female uniform for the Ranch: Nothing but her high heels. With her teats jiggling impressively with every stride, even before saying a word, she already commands the attention of the room. The vampire moves forward with purpose, and speaks to a young woman practicing her pole-dancing without turning her head to look at the woman. "Kandi, gather all the girls currently here to the back meeting room. We have urgent business to discuss."

Anna goes straight to the back room, trusting her girls to gather quickly . She stands at the head of the conference table instead of sitting down, to communicate the seriousness of this meeting. Once everyone is there, she says, "As you all know, one of our own was taken from us recently. Violently, too. She died from an axe. I know many of you were friends with her, and I, too, was fond of her. I pledge to you all that I *will* find the killer and bring justice, but I can't do it alone. I will need help along the way, and right now, I need someone with good computer skills."

She explains what she needs someone to do, regarding finding the store the camera was sold from so that investigations can continue from there. "So if any of you can do that, or can get me someone who can do that, I would be very appreciative. Appreciative both in spirit and in cashey-cash. There is a bonus that you can ALL share if someone can produce results. This isn't a competition. This requires teamwork."

Spoiler: Resources Roll
    Show
    Good (+3) Resource - (4d3-5)[5]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2017-07-30 at 03:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Darren, Devlin - Merry Maids

Tabitha was less than enthused to say the least, having two gringos bothering her at the office. Darren's accented Spanish doesn't seem to thrill her, and when Devlin walks in, she crosses herself, and kisses a set of rosary beads.

Anna Raith - Silvertail Ranch

Half the girls around the immediately slap their thighs, as if instinctively reaching for phones that are not there, due to the lack of pockets. The other half moves to console each other. Rumors had spread, but none so clear. At the offer of cash, more than a comfortable number of the girls stop being crying and immediately glare at each other, until told that it would all be shared, at which point they sit back, arms crossed, and look to Anna to see if they are free to go get their phones.

Violet, Diane - Last Word

Having had less than ideal luck gathering materials, the two ladies make their way back to Violet's apartment. Plenty of chocolate sauce, ice cream, and cheese puffs were purchased, but useful components were less forthcoming.

Spoiler: Ritual Time
    Show
    So, not the best start, but you can still get this done. Basically, Cheer-saving method is to see how far you're willing to got make sure that the ritual goes well. Additionally, just for fun flavor, please describe what you've got set up as a ritual space.

Spoiler: Etherion
    Show
    Feel free to either insert James into one of the existing scenes, or start one of your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

The apartment is laid out in a line: the ritual space is the last door off the hallway before the bedroom, which Diane had seen only once (with a mild need of brain-bleach afterwards). Inside her "workroom", a large circular rug with a pentagram dominates the floor, dead-center, with a table shoved against the wall, mismatched shelving covering most other wall space with neatly labeled tupperware containing everything from a baby's sigh to a lion's eye. There are candles strategically placed for light everywhere, since the lightbulb burns out so often it's not worth it to keep replacing it. They are most dense around an overstuffed beanbag chair that serves as Violet's meditation/nap corner: it's there that she sits now, mulling over their options. I'd rather not give out a spike. She gestures to a silver-studded belt that was conspiciously missing about half of it's spikes: each was worth a favor from Violet, and she had routinely traded them to the Ashlingsidhe for power and knowledge when she was younger, along with a few given as gifts or in trade to lovers, friends, and contacts. I will if I have to, but I'd rather go with the minor fae first. Hopefully they've seen something that the rest of us missed. Want to start with brownies? See if any of them lived in that house and could tell us what happened?
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Anna plants her hands on the conference table as she leans forward. "This is top priority for me. Go and get on your communications devices, and talk to your contacts. I hope to have something by the end of the day. If you have anything for me, come see me in my upstairs office. I will be there all morning. That is all."

The vampire heads back up to her office after answering any questions her girls may have. She boots up her computer, and starts messaging and even video calling her friends and family in the Raith family. With how many cousins she has, surely SOME of them like her and may wish to help. But this time she is looking for info on Siriothrax. She hopes someone will have heard of any new cults and major sacrifices to the dragon.

Spoiler: Face time, Skype, all the tech communications!
    Show
    . Contacts roll reaching out to her family and friends of family: (4d3-6)[4]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

James Sharpe - Visiting the Victims

Leaving a note in Anna's apartment telling her to let him know if she found anything about the camera seller, James decides to see if he can find any leads on the various victims. Looking in his evidence envelope from earlier, he searches for addresses, emergency contacts, etc. On his way to the next of kin of the first of the victims, James sets up a glamour to make himself appear to be a police detective, including a hopefully convincing badge. He also brings the envelope, hoping it will facilitate questioning.

He knocks on the door, and after it opens up says "Hello, I'm Detective Greffeth. I'm terribly sorry to bother you, but I had a few questions I needed to ask you.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

After several calls and messages with her extended family, it takes lots of time to deal with the maneuvering of her cousins. In the end, while she now has lots of information about former dragonic cults to Siriothrax, how he was finally cut low by a Knight of the Cross, and that rumor has it one of the former cultists became the Knight's wife, but no word on any recent cultist activity. Not real activity anyway. A couple attempts have been made, but they have all either been subsumed by other more powerful cults, or killed by Wardens.

Finding himself before another very fancy house, James is greeted by a dour looking butler. "Hello sir. Was there something further you needed?"
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Devlin followed along with Darren to question the made, though he didn't need to be a genius to interpret her reaction to them approaching them. Even less when she went to kiss her rosary, which he eyed a little warily but didn't try to show too much reaction to it. No reason to make this any worse.

The Half-Demon put on his most harmless face as he looked at the woman, offering an equally harmless but friendly smile. "Doesn't look like she's all too happy to talk to us. Well, you." He murmured to Darren, pretending not like she was wary of him just as much. He looked around the room they were in to see if there might be anything worth noticing that might help making her talk if Darren wasn't having any luck.

Spoiler: Rolling
    Show
    Deceive: (I'm Harmless) (4d3-6)[0]
    Notice: (4d3-5)[4]
    "Insanity: a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world." - R.D. Laing

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yes, I was wondering if you're familiar with any of these men.

James shows him the pictures of the other victims.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

The butler looks down his nose at the photos, before stopping at one in the middle. "Ah, yes. Mr. Mintz. He and his wife are no longer allowed on these grounds, after an incident were Ms. Mintz insulted Ms. Ogle. Officer, you should have a report you can review at the station of the event. It, unfortunately, required the services of your organization to bring it to a close. The Mintz's actions were, dramatic, unfortunately. They left a great deal of chaos when they left."

Darren, Devlin - Merry Maids

As Devlin looks around, a few things jump out to him. For one, there are fair number of religious items around the room, including those beads currently clutched in the hands of several of the other women in the store. There is also a board filled with schedules, written with dry-erase markers and covered in post-it notes. It would seem that business is very busy.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

And would you be able to reiterate your viewpoint of the incident with Ms. Mintz? Sorry, I have to cross all the t's, dot the i's, and so on.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"Understandable, officer." The butler takes a deep breath, almost as if he is breathing into his head. He then goes into a very droll tale of the incident. James is certain that there would be more interesting ways to tell the story, but that is not the butler's strength. Apparently Ms. Mintz and Ms. Ogle had gotten into a debate, one that apparently was unfinished from a previous brunch, and by the butler's estimation was drawing on things left unsaid from previous disagreements between the two ladies. That day they were polite, as only southern women can be polite. After half an hour of remarks and counters, Ms. Ogle said something less than kind about the dogs that Ms. Mintz kept, and in return Ms. Mintz threw her mimosa all over Ms. Ogle's new summer dress and outdoor cushioned adirondack chairs. In return Ms. Ogle threw a shoe, and it all rather well went down hill from there. By the end, several hundred dollars worth of damage had been done to the furniture, a number of shrubberies had been broken, and both ladies, their husbands, and several dogs, had all ended up in the outdoor pool, along with several of the reclining chairs used for tanning.

Lawyers had sorted it all out, and it had lead to a formal split of the gaming software company that Mr. Ogle and Mr. Mintz had founded. Mr. Ogle had continued to enjoy revenue from their previous game, and had found success in new projects. The butler knows less about Mr. Mintz fortune, but assumed it to be good enough. "Is there anything else that you need, officer, or shall that be all."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Interesting. And do you know anyone else from these pictures?
    Last edited by Etherion; 2017-08-09 at 06:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"To my knowledge sir, there is none. The Ballentynes are a much older family. They were not in the same circles. And I do not Not believe that any of the Mintz or the Ogles ever had any meaningful contact with the others. I can't say there was never a meeting at a party or conference of some manner, but they were certainly not in contact with any regularity. I'm sorry I can not be of more help officer."
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2017-08-13 at 05:17 PM.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

James Sharpe: Visiting The Victims - Ogle Estate

Don't worry, you've been extremely helpful. One last thing, if I may: would you mind if I took a quick look around the house?
    Last edited by Etherion; 2017-08-14 at 03:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"I am sorry officer, but without a warrant, I am not authorized to all you entry at this time. If you return with a warrant, it would be my pleasure to allow you in."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Reaching into the envelope with the case details, James glamours a paper to appear to be a warrant, and shows it to the man.
    Will this suffice?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Surprised to see the warrant so late into the conversation, the Butler steps back, and ushers James into the house.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The vampire considers doing research on this knight of the Cross, but decides she has called in enough favors for now. Instead, she calls a few influential clients who have been trying for some time to schedule...quality time with her. She lets them know that she's available this morning and afternoon, expecting she can build up some good will and favors for later. God knows she'll need it.

Anna likely spends the next hours in the VIP rooms, dancing and doing what she does best, as she waits for her girls to come up with what she needs.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2017-08-19 at 03:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rolling for investigation!

(4d3-6)[1]

Add 2 if there's sources of fear to be smelled.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

After a few minutes prep work, Violet catches Diane falling asleep and sends her home, then starts to summon progressively stronger spirits, stopping before she got to one she couldn't dismiss easily, asking each the same question: who was the third person in the building last night in Myer's Park?
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

James is able to look around, but it's clear that this space has been cleaned both by time and by bleach. There is a faint whiff of fear from several rooms, surely once an intense event, but time makes all things fade. He is able to find some bagged trash outside waiting to be taken away, with a familiar lipstick smudged starbucks cup.

Anna finds a number of, gentlemen, who are more than happy to sit and let her vent her frustrations on the stage, and on chairs, and on the occasional pole.

Violet and Diane - Last Word

After several spirits that either lack the information or simply have no interest in aiding the ladies, before finding a small owl-like wyldfae. It has the knowledge that is sought, but asks for something in return. An offering, a trade, knowledge for knowledge.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

James Sharpe Visiting the Victims

After taking the starbucks cup, James thanks the butler for his time and goes back to Anna's to leave the cup there with a note. Afterwards, he goes to visit the next on the list of victims.

Spoiler: Note With Cup
    Show
    Found at the house of one of the other victims, scene was too old to find anything else beyond faded traces of fear.
    Last edited by Etherion; 2017-08-22 at 05:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet, The Last Word

She sighs and sits down, cross legged outside of the rug-circle. "What do you wish to know, little one? And, if I may make a counteroffer, I am able to give you a weapon of your great bane that, when wielded correctly, will not harm you. Would you be interested in that?"
    Last edited by Eldest; 2017-08-22 at 07:31 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tegu8788 View Post
    Anna finds a number of, gentlemen, who are more than happy to sit and let her vent her frustrations on the stage, and on chairs, and on the occasional pole.
    And beds as well. By the time she is done, in the afternoon, she needs a shower. Luckily, there are multiple showers in the establishment. After she is done cleaning herself, she wonders what's taking her girls so long. Was her incentive of money not enough? She goes off to look for them.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

After blowing off a great deal of steam, Anna walks back through the changing rooms to find her girls. Several are hunched over a laptop, working together and comparing notes on cell phones. One looks up from her glowing screen in time to signal to the other girls. "So, um, Madame Raith, we searched around, and after a lot of looking through a number of sellers, including those that we purchase from, and we figured out who sold the camera. But that's the good news. The bad news, if we are right, that brand was sold and resold across a number of different companies. And, the original seller is no longer in business. Turns out, the CEO was caught cheating with one of his own cameras, and took his money and went to the Bahamas. They are good cameras, but because of that, they have been sold and resold many times. We might be able to trace it back, but it could have been through any number of pawn shops or other third party sellers." The girls don't look particularly pleased with themselves, and several attempt to hide behind their glowing screens, pretending to research further.

Violet and Diane - Last Word

The owl ruffles it's feathers, and shuffles itself slightly back. "I've no interest in your mortal weapons! Knowledge is always more valuable. And to trade for this knowledge, well, I require something of similar value. I desire a secret of yours for a secret of hers."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet - The Last Word

Violet frowns back. Any secret? Of my choice? She frowns. My first kiss was with a girl. She was curious. I was, well, by that point I was pretty sure. It was pretty awkward: we were cloistered up in her room. Supposed to be doing homework, but we were just goofing off instead. And it was... magical. She smelled of lilacs and spring and fresh air. It didn't last of course: her parents were very religious, and they found out. I wasn't allowed to talk to her, and they moved away at the end of that year. She smiles sadly. Haven't heard from her since.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2017-09-04 at 12:11 PM.
    LGBTA+itP