New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread VII

this thread isn't just planescape stuff. it's generally all kinds of fluff, and I am curious about this particular fluff idea.
    I find the idea of redfang intruging. are there other similar cases of comparitively mortal race individuals being mortal enemies of immortal beings? I know fraz urblu considers humankind his archenemies... any other similar situations with uniques?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you're looking for more fluff for elementals, there's an entire fan made sourcebook on the inner planes.

https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Book_of_El...5e_Sourcebook)
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

hm.
    what interesting locations on the inner planes stand out to you afro, that tend to be obscure and not normally covered in most works?

4. - Top - End - #214

Two questions:

The First. Any known way to block transportation by wish?

The Second. The Spire in the middle of the Outlands blocks arcane and divine magics, psionics, and salient divine abilities. Why? Is there an example of anything else doing this?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

is there any hint as to the origin of vampires and who was the possible first vampire?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rigsmal View Post
    The Second. The Spire in the middle of the Outlands blocks arcane and divine magics, psionics, and salient divine abilities. Why? Is there an example of anything else doing this?
    It is part of the Neutral nature of the place... the closer you get to the middle the more abilities get negated, putting everyone on a (mystically) balanced footing
    Last edited by Naanomi; 2017-09-27 at 11:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

so there have been contreversies involving spells in the awakening line, awaken animal, awaken plant, awaken undead, awaken construct, etc.... how can these spells be explained as working to give their subjects sentience/souls/etc without too much hassle?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Two questions:

The First. Any known way to block transportation by wish?
    Make sure either the start or the destination is near the Spire. Wish is a spell.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Make sure either the start or the destination is near the Spire. Wish is a spell.
    Well, the start at least. As an endpoint, the lack of magic is just a local condition.

10. - Top - End - #220

Is there any explanation of where Astral Dreadnoughts come from?
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

so I have read some of your homebrews and am curious...
    is the cha stat really used to measure spiritual power for exemplars, elementals, etc? why is that?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Huh. So what happened to his clerics and worshippers? Are they all gone?
    This one kind of ended up branched, because the consistent answer for most of Planescape/3.X was that their worship passed to the pantheon generally, which supported them in kind. As of Dragon 359, however, the pantheon includes an Anubis of its own, separate from the Guardian (though it is acknowledged that the Guardian was the original Anubis before he abandoned his divinity). He still retains a single proxy

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Does Anubis have a godlike sense of what happens in his astral graveyard? Would he know they're there already?
    He knows they're there. Whether or not he cares... well, the Guardian of the Dead Gods is weird. Also he doesn't like being referred to as Anubis, since that's not his name.

What would his personality be like if they end up talking to him?
    Murder-y. He doesn't show up to socialize, he shows up to solve problems, and only on those occasions. Depending on the scale of the problem, he may not even appear personally - he knows how to contact hirelings to come do the job.

How tough is he
    "Don't fight this." He's unstatted and still possesses godlike power.

and what powers would he have, if they fight, or witness a fight with someone else?
    Unspecified, but "godlike" and "pertaining to death" make for a rather unspectacular and brief struggle.

How big is he? Is he human sized, the size of the miles long god corpses, or somewhere in between?
    "Tall." Presumably he can appear at basically any size he likes. Again, though, he doesn't manifest unless there's a problem to solve.

I've run across a Dragon article with some options for what players might find on a god corpse, like godsblood, weird memories, strange plants and minerals, and even the possibility of running into a field that raises stats. But for 3.5, all I could find was a web article saying that the first members of the spelltheif class got their powers by accidentally coming into contact with dead god's fluids after the Time of Troubles. Are there any other interesting things that you might find on a god corpse?
    What, besides magic auras, magic phenomena, magic plants, magic minerals, and magic fluids? What more do you want?

Is there anything updated to 3.5 out there?
    Doubtful. I haven't seen anything.

Is this the Redfang that I'm hearing is from Savage Tides?
    One and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyTheNeko View Post
    so the favored enemy ability of rangers...
    whats the fluff about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player's Handbook
    Due to his extensive study on his chosen type of foe and training in the proper techniques for combating such creatures
    I find the idea of redfang intruging. are there other similar cases of comparitively mortal race individuals being mortal enemies of immortal beings?
    Redfang, Gnawer in Darkness, is hardly "mortal" in any conventional sense; known in ancient times as Stjernespise, he is said to be a child of Niddhogg itself and quite literally eats eladrin for breakfast, among other things.

Any known way to block transportation by wish?
    DM fiat. Gods, etc.

The Spire in the middle of the Outlands blocks arcane and divine magics, psionics, and salient divine abilities. Why?
    As noted above, it's the very center of absolute neutrality.

Is there an example of anything else doing this?
    I'm sure you're familiar with the other conventional means of accomplishing similar effects. Antimagic shell, a deity of higher rank using its own abilities to intercede, etc.

is there any hint as to the origin of vampires and who was the possible first vampire?
    The first vampire was Kanchelsis.

so there have been contreversies involving spells in the awakening line, awaken animal, awaken plant, awaken undead, awaken construct, etc.... how can these spells be explained as working to give their subjects sentience/souls/etc without too much hassle?
    Awaken and similar spells use a mote of the caster's own soul energies (XP), so it should be no surprise that the result is a being which is initially friendly to the caster and speaks the caster's language. Animals already have souls, neither constructs nor sand gain them by being awakened (these beings remain of the construct type) and undead simply take on a flimsy mockery of a soul (awaken undead is dispellable). Awakening a plant is the only outlier, and it's debatable whether the plant actually gains a soul (many plants have mental attributes but are driven by animi rather than true souls) or just profits from the catalytic infusion of the caster's own soul-mote to become a more complex animus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonexx View Post
    Is there any explanation of where Astral Dreadnoughts come from?
    The Astral Plane.

No, there's not. At best, speculation ponders that they might be the living embodiments of astral conduits, or nightmarish astral travelers from an unknown world of the Prime.

so I have read some of your homebrews and am curious...
    is the cha stat really used to measure spiritual power for exemplars, elementals, etc?
    Well, it's used to measure the potency of their spell-like abilities and some supernatural abilities. Make of that what you will.

why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    This ability represents actual strength of personality
    ...which projects onto strength of convictions, sense of self, sense of identity... all things which are crucial for creatures of belief.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

you have stated before that good and evil in the exemplar races is not enough of a catalyst to form unique exemplarss
    is there a reason why it would be enough to form unique elementals, like the princes of elemental good and evil? what explaination allows for that?

also curious, are there any races of bunny folk in D&D? we have cat folk, we have yak folk, we have all sorts of folk.. do we got rabbit folk? or even ratfolk like from warhammers skaven?
    Last edited by JoeyTheNeko; 2017-09-29 at 11:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

you have stated before that good and evil in the exemplar races is not enough of a catalyst to form unique exemplarss
    is there a reason why it would be enough to form unique elementals, like the princes of elemental good and evil? what explaination allows for that?
    You're comparing apples and oranges. If I have an all-black figurine and I paint a black stripe on it, can you distinguish it from the other all-black figurines? Conversely, if I take an all-red figurine and add a black stripe, it is now distinctive. I don't understand the purpose of this question.

also curious, are there any races of bunny folk in D&D?
    No, though hengeyokai can conceivably have a rabbit tribe, pookas can take on rabbit-like forms, and Gamma World (which is tangentially related to D&D in a few threadlike ways) has the hoops, a race of anthropomorphic rabbits.

or even ratfolk like from warhammers skaven?
    Nezumi. Were-rats generally cover the niche, though.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

ah so your saying it's basically taking any alignment that allows for elementals to form uniques, and only law and chaos that does so for exemplars. elementals become distinctive/unqiue just by taking alignment, in that sense.

since the ancient battorians, by your words, basically leveled up past the need for physcial forms... what would that leave baelphagor? would she be a high ranking unique ancient battorain or a lower ranking one in their terms because of her still retaining a woundable, physcial form unlike the rest of them?

16. - Top - End - #226

I believe I read somewhere that those who worship overdeities such as Ao never receive anything as part of that worship, e.g. clerics don't get spells. The lack of a divine connection is not unlike that of the faithless. So would such overdeity worshippers end up in the Wall of the Faithless?

It's also stated in The Factol's Manifesto that Terrance, the Athar factol, gains spells from a simple "trust in the multiverse". His statblock reads that he gets spells from the Greater Unknown. Would he be a candidate for the Wall of the Faithless?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

ah so your saying it's basically taking any alignment that allows for elementals to form uniques, and only law and chaos that does so for exemplars. elementals become distinctive/unqiue just by taking alignment, in that sense.
    ...no, I don't believe that's what I'm saying at all. I'm extremely confused by the thrust of this line of questioning. If there's a point I'm missing, getting to it would be a big help.

since the ancient battorians, by your words, basically leveled up past the need for physcial forms... what would that leave baelphagor? would she be a high ranking unique ancient battorain or a lower ranking one in their terms because of her still retaining a woundable, physcial form unlike the rest of them?
    Given that Asmodeus was apparently able to recapture some of the lower-leveled ones and convert them into dogai despite their having ascended beyond physical form, I don't believe relative strength is at all demonstrated by the choice to do so. We'll never have enough information to usefully "scale" Baalphegor, but at the very least she's significantly stronger than dogai and still makes Asmodeus treat her with respect.

I believe I read somewhere that those who worship overdeities such as Ao never receive anything as part of that worship, e.g. clerics don't get spells. The lack of a divine connection is not unlike that of the faithless. So would such overdeity worshippers end up in the Wall of the Faithless?
    Yep. It's worth noting that cults and "ministries" of Ao are 1) more philosophical than religious in nature, and 2) naturally pressured to cease existing via Ao's stealthy redaction of his name from records and memories. Those who abandoned worship of another deity because "Ao's better" may be judged False instead.

It's also stated in The Factol's Manifesto that Terrance, the Athar factol, gains spells from a simple "trust in the multiverse". His statblock reads that he gets spells from the Greater Unknown. Would he be a candidate for the Wall of the Faithless?
    He would not. The "power" he venerates, such as it is, is not native to Faerun and its pantheon. Whether Terrance is from there or not, Kelemvor has no right to hold him for judgment and Terrance will be released into the Astral Plane, thence to meander... wherever Athar souls go.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    The first vampire was Kanchelsis.
    Really? I thought he was just some vampire that ascended, but the first one... Is there any information about how he became a vampire, how he ascended to divinity, what his race was before and how long ago it happened?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

He was a half-elf, as far as I can tell using google. But how he became a vampire, now that's interesting.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

@JoeytheNeko: The point is that it's not good and evil in particular, but rather alignment in general, that is unremarkable for an Outsider. Having an alignment is not going to make an Outsider somehow distinctive. "Golly, an Outsider with an alignment? Shocking!"

For an elemental, on the other hand, alignment is weird. As fro said, it's adding a black stripe to something red. Suddenly, it's distinctive.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL
    D&D is its own momentum and does its own fantasy. It emulates itself in an incestuous mess.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

@afroakuma.

sorry if it's confusing, I just find it facinating that good and evil won't let yugoloths and guardanials become unique, but it will let elementals.

I have more questions.

are you familiar with the world of rwby? how would you try to fit it into a D&D based system? in my perception, the idea of aura and semblance would be a form of incarnum, but what would your thoughts on the matter be?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

According to 2nd ed Planescape material, Mephits are short-lived beings created by magic*. The 3rd edition monster manual has no such information, and 3rd ed sources seem to treat them as standard outsiders that have always been, have "normal" (for outsiders) life cycles, and even reproduce and have young offspring (see entries on the Mirror Mephit in EttDwP).

How would you rectify this seeming discrepancy for a 3.5 Planescape-influenced setting (ala Lord of the Iron Fortress, Bastion of Broken Souls, and Expedition to the Demonweb Pits)?

On a related note, how are Mirror Mephits summoned (Summon Mirror Mephit, EttDwP p. 209) from the Plane of Mirrors, since the PoM has no connection to any of the transitive planes (no access to the Astral, Ethereal, or Shadow planes)?

Evil powers on the Lower Planes create mephits using a variant of monster summoning IV that incorporates aspects of contact other plane. They use the substance of an elemental plane to create a servant, usually as a stopgap or a substitute for less loyal underlings. Mephits do not betray their creators but do seem to irritate them, and so they lead brief, troublesome lives. Quickly created and destroyed, they have no predetermined life span.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

what artifacts are possessed by lords of the nine that are not mentioned in the fiendish codex 2? and why is a shriver a magical location?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post

He still retains a single proxy

Murder-y. He doesn't show up to socialize, he shows up to solve problems, and only on those occasions. Depending on the scale of the problem, he may not even appear personally - he knows how to contact hirelings to come do the job.
    Awesome!

Since he's not a god though, I'm guessing he doesn't have a separate divine realm. Does he have a base somewhere? A castle (or pyramid?), or does he stay near a particular dead god?

Also, what race is his proxy?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

so whats the deal with storm elementals? do they have any lore besides the MM3? are there elemental monotliths and primal storm elementals, which one can imply from their progression being the same as normal air elementals?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

First timer in these threads - they are pretty awesome.

Four questions, in descending order of interest. Apologies if these are too many, I'm just curious.

1. Is there any credence to the theory that the Demiplane of Shadow becoming the third Transitive is a divine act to obscure the true third transitive (because gods don't like mortals in the Ordial)? I am not sure if I've read this somewhere (maybe in these threads? they're huge!) or if I came up with it, I just remember some theory on the shadow plane being an illusion obscuring some cosmic truth - and I don't mean the supposed tower made of light that has all the colours stolen from the rest of the plane.
    2. What's the Spire(Outlands) made of? I've read faith, which sounds... weird but thematically appropriate. If it is faith, I'm picturing dwarven petitioners amassing on the base of the Spire to mine it for Moradin, impeded by Rilmani environmentalists )
    3. Are the Githzerai some kind of creator/first race of the multiverse? Were they race-ing before it was cool?*
    4. Care to share the dark on the power who's spine was redecorated as Khin-Oin?

* The third point might need some clarification: I am asking because in your post here you mention them as signatories to the Draeden pact. But the Githzerai are an evolution / devolution of Gith(Race, not Bipolar Swordwielding Psycho)... so how can they be primordial? I probably hold to some misconception concerning the pact.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Feantar View Post
    1. Is there any credence to the theory that the Demiplane of Shadow becoming the third Transitive is a divine act to obscure the true third transitive (because gods don't like mortals in the Ordial)? I am not sure if I've read this somewhere (maybe in these threads? they're huge!) or if I came up with it, I just remember some theory on the shadow plane being an illusion obscuring some cosmic truth - and I don't mean the supposed tower made of light that has all the colours stolen from the rest of the plane.
    2. What's the Spire(Outlands) made of? I've read faith, which sounds... weird but thematically appropriate. If it is faith, I'm picturing dwarven petitioners amassing on the base of the Spire to mine it for Moradin, impeded by Rilmani environmentalists )
    3. Are the Githzerai some kind of creator/first race of the multiverse? Were they race-ing before it was cool?*
    1. That looks a bit as if you stumbled upon The Shadow Lie, an obscure (pun intended) way of thinking that claims Shadow exists to hide certain truths about the multiverse. Believers of the Shadow Lie (like myself) think that any semblance of order in the multiverse is created through the Shadow. As long as I believe that Celestia is between Arcadia, the Outlands and Bytopia, I will be able to reach it only from there. Every other way is hidden by the Shadow. The Shadow Lie also claims that the Shadow didn't change into a new kind of plane, only our perception of it changed. No matter wether thats true or not, deities don't have anything to do with the change (or the Shadow Lie).

2. Everything on the Outer Planes is made of belief. To casual inspection the spire seems to be some kind of stone. As it is also comepletely invulnerable to any damage, there is no way say for sure. (And if you are barmy enough to try to mine it, the Rilmani start laughing at you.)

3. The pact mentioned in that post is obviously not as old as think. Whoever said that a pact dedicated to hiding information about the multiverses before this one had to be primordial?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    Really? I thought he was just some vampire that ascended, but the first one... Is there any information about how he became a vampire, how he ascended to divinity, what his race was before and how long ago it happened?
    It's not the most reliable story, since it draws on creation mythology and we all know how inconsistent that is, but one record paints him as a human god of some nature or other, possibly a demipower, who grew envious of the Seldarine and their creations and stole the vital force and inner beauty from the divine lifeblood being used to shape elves on whichever world, resulting in the emergence of the first vampires, whose curse propagated as they hungered to replace what had been stolen from them by Kanchelsis. No, there are no more details about anything described above, so don't ask.

sorry if it's confusing, I just find it facinating that good and evil won't let yugoloths and guardanials become unique, but it will let elementals.
    See that's what you actually meant to ask, so you should have just asked that. There's no prohibition against guardinals and yugoloths being unique, they simply don't become unique by adding more of themselves to themselves - that would be silly. Why there aren't any natural ones that we know of is because neither pure good nor pure evil find a need for distinction either for purposes of hierarchy (law) or individuality (chaos). Yugoloths don't like seeing others rise above themselves because they're all petty and filled with spite, while guardinals lack ambition and a desire to be apart from others.

are you familiar with the world of rwby?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbsnowowl View Post
    According to 2nd ed Planescape material, Mephits are short-lived beings created by magic*. The 3rd edition monster manual has no such information, and 3rd ed sources seem to treat them as standard outsiders that have always been, have "normal" (for outsiders) life cycles, and even reproduce and have young offspring (see entries on the Mirror Mephit in EttDwP).

How would you rectify this seeming discrepancy for a 3.5 Planescape-influenced setting (ala Lord of the Iron Fortress, Bastion of Broken Souls, and Expedition to the Demonweb Pits)?
    Well, first of all, remember that the transition to 3E involved a major cosmic shift, so discrepancies tend to be covered up to some extent by that reordering. That said, even within 2E Planescape materials, both presentations of mephits exist, and I don't think it's actually a discrepancy. Mephits may have been created via magic, but they're not described as short-lived. It's quite likely that mephits managed to find ways to escape back to their planes of origin, where as beings of magic and elemental nature they happened to thrive and replicate (after all, they're not hard to make). Hell, the self-proclaimed "rulers" of Magma and Smoke are the mephits Chlimbia and Ehkahk, respectively.

On a related note, how are Mirror Mephits summoned (Summon Mirror Mephit, EttDwP p. 209) from the Plane of Mirrors, since the PoM has no connection to any of the transitive planes (no access to the Astral, Ethereal, or Shadow planes)?
    The Plane of Mirrors is a strange place, effectively a Transitive Plane in its own right, connecting to mirrors. The spell uses a mirror as a medium, creating a conduit for the mirror mephit to manifest through. A spellcaster with Eschew Materials who can cast this spell has figured out how to address the mirror from a distance, such that its properties can be brought forth without having it near at hand for the specific purpose of summoning a mirror mephit.

what artifacts are possessed by lords of the nine that are not mentioned in the fiendish codex 2?
    That question is excessively open-ended with regards to how much digging I'd have to do. If we're talking about minor artifacts, the category isn't a useful distinction - most of the Lords of the Nine could reasonably possess copies of most minor artifacts, since they are not unique. If we're talking about major artifacts, you already know about those relevant from a personal combat standpoint. Anything else should be left up to the DM.

and why is a shriver a magical location?
    This is a confusing question. I assume you mean "instead of a magic item or artifact," to which you and I already know the answer is "because the author of the book wanted to make use of magical locations." Since I'm sure that won't satisfy you, I'll go with "because it's not something which is used." It's an assembly line of pain, a conveyor belt of suffering, a collection of elements that together form a machine at the heart of a factory of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Since he's not a god though, I'm guessing he doesn't have a separate divine realm.
    He does not.

Does he have a base somewhere?
    Nope. Some Athar like to believe he has a throne, but that's just a rumor.

does he stay near a particular dead god?
    No. The Guardian of Dead Gods is not findable. He chooses to manifest only when he needs to. He does not make himself available to be sought out.

Also, what race is his proxy?
    Human.

so whats the deal with storm elementals? do they have any lore besides the MM3?
    No.

are there elemental monotliths and primal storm elementals, which one can imply from their progression being the same as normal air elementals?
    Sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Feantar View Post
    Is there any credence to the theory that the Demiplane of Shadow becoming the third Transitive is a divine act to obscure the true third transitive
    No.

What's the Spire(Outlands) made of? [/COLOR]I've read faith, which sounds... weird but thematically appropriate.
    Technically everything on the Outer Planes is made of faith. The Spire is made of nondescript stone of some type, or at least appears to be.

[QUOTE]Are the Githzerai some kind of creator/first race of the multiverse? Were they race-ing before it was cool?[/COLOR]

Not even a little bit. The githzerai are descended from the "forerunners," a humanoid race from the now-dead planet Pharagos, which was invaded by illithids. Their history paints them as older than some races (the gith rebellion took place something like ten thousand years ago) but they were anticipated by many other entities, most especially aboleths, who still have the best claim to being the first mortal race. By accident, mind you, but hey.

Care to share the dark on the power who's spine was redecorated as Khin-Oin?
    We don't actually know anything about that deity, though an old fan theory on Mimir.net suggested it was an evil deity named Xolotl who irritated other gods to the point that they tore him into pieces and gave them into the charge of various fiends. This has no basis in canon and I don't support it, but anyway.

I probably hold to some misconception concerning the pact.
    The pact was signed by those who know something, whether or not they knew something from personal observation. It's quite possible that there were ancient githzerai leaders who had seen some stuff, maaaaan.

29. - Top - End - #239

This is a bit of a stretch for the topic of the thread.

But does anything elucidate further on Factol Montgomery's long-term plans for Sigil? The Factol's Manifesto says in no uncertain terms that she intends to elevate everyone in the city according to the philosophy of the Sensates, "shucking their physical bodies". But what precisely is the mechanism of this? And what information is inside The Secret History of Sigil that Duke Darkwood might use against the Lady of Pain?

Anyhow, thanks for all your answers. They're very well-formulated.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

This is a bit of a stretch for the topic of the thread.

But does anything elucidate further on Factol Montgomery's long-term plans for Sigil?
    Nope.

And what information is inside The Secret History of Sigil that Duke Darkwood might use against the Lady of Pain?
    Darkwood found, either within those volumes or another source, a tale about a being who once confronted the Lady of Pain and was sealed within a gemstone rather than being slaughtered or mazed. His agents followed this record and eventually recovered the gem in question. It was not a good plan.