New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Not Sure if Heretic.....

The journey to the system of Polla IX onboard the Eternal Fortune has taken just over two weeks. Two very dull and uneventful weeks. So when the klaxons announcing your translation back to real-space started sounding the excitement from the change of pace on the crew was palpable. This excitement was crushed by spending 7 hours heading at sublight to Mining Platform Delta IV, and then spending another 6 scanning it in meticulous detail.

After all of that, Interrogator Ragnar has sent for you all to join him on the bridge.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Ok all, character intro time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Not Sure if Heretic.....

Cyrine
    Wounds: 12/12
    Fate: 3/3

The brass-lined doors slid open on well oiled grooves to allow a slender, young woman onto the bridge. The appearance of the girl caused a ripple of reaction from the bridge officers, like a stone dropped into a pond. Her mere presence caused the non-servitor crew to recoil in what seemed like instinctual disgust despite her otherwise nonthreatening visage.

Cyrine had long, black hair that she tied back into a loose bun for the moment. She was a quiet sort, but had bright, green eyes like flecks of glass under delicately arched brows. A long, red coat covered the armoured, black bodyglove she wore underneath and nearly swept the floor as she walked. Her expression was studiously neutral, and she didn't seem to react to the bridge crew's obvious distaste.

The girl found an unoccupied alcove and leaned against the wall there. She was not in the habit of announcing herself.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2017-06-18 at 10:31 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Barik has spent the journey to the Polla system wandering the lower decks of the Eternal Fortune. After eight years in the Guard he’s not sure what to do with this amount of freedom. He had been in space before many times, but was normally confined to a cargo hold under armed guard with the rest of his regiment. Now it seems there is no one to tell him what to do. Even that Interrogator had mostly left him alone after the first day. So he had been drinking and gambling with the ship’s crew where he could. He lost more thrones than he won, but he didn’t mind. He still had more money left than he’d ever owned.

Barik had hung back as Cyrine entered the bridge first. If he had to work with that one he wanted to keep her where he could see her. Barik is a scruffy man who wears a large grey coat over a well used set of flak armour. The coat was taken from the body of one of his former officers during the mutiny, but he has since ripped off any sign of its previous owner’s rank. He will nod to the Interrogator as he enters the bridge but will otherwise say nothing.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

In the time spent travelling, Vanthus had split his time between getting to know some of the crew (after all, friends aboard a rogue trader vessel may come in handy) and studying - it was clear here that he'd need to broaden his knowledge base and work some more on his medical understanding, given his new duties and those he now has to work with.

Vanthus walks into the bridge with confidence, dressed in his robes rather than his armour, and without his rifle and grenades - not dressed for war, although his medical gear still hangs off his belt under the robes. It seems that he'd recently took the time to clean up and shave, in contrast to Haval's scruffiness.

He has a large grin on his face - after spending most his life among the nobility of Snope's World, who valued a neutral unexpressive face, it was nice to be able to just express himself, and people responded well to a smile out here, anyway, which makes it easier if he has to lie to their faces. It even remains when he comes close to Cyrine, hiding the natural uncomfortableness.

As he walks up to the others, he gives them a nod before addressing Ragnar. "You called for us, Interrogator?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinia had spent much of the last two weeks attending to her weapons and armor, meditating on the emperor, and staying in peak combat form. It was finally time to begin the assignment she was sent here for, and get to know the people she would be working with. Walking down the halls of the ship to the bridge she wondered what kind of people she would be working with. She was tolerant of radicalism as long as it served the will of the Emperor, something some of her superiors in the the adeptus sororitas frowned upon.

She was clad in her currently well maintained flak armour with her various weapons on her back and at her side. She was a sister of a militant order, her armour and weapons were her ceremonial garments unless circumstances called for it to be otherwise. She walked onto the bridge with a blank expression on her face, refusing to let herself react even to Cyrine's presence. Both her status and her blood called for her to remain professional in public spaces, otherwise she would have never maintained her current reputation with her level of leniency.

She fell in and waited for the interrogator to give out orders. Maybe later the squad could get to know each other without the need to keep up appearances.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lazarus Lemant spent a good portion of the trip in his room, clearing his mind and focusing on his mental defenses, as he tended to do when he had moments to spare. This was helped by the fact that his room was as close to the Gellar Field generator as could be allowed, finding almost as much safety in it as he did in the light of the Emperor.

He walks onto the bridge, wincing slightly at the non-presence of the dark-haired woman in the corner. He takes a spot where he is out of the way of the personnel and the woman, but not enough to be outright rude to her, and simply waits for his orders. His psy-focus, an amulet that looks like a Ministorum Rosarius, is laying flat against his chest.
    "YOU HAVE UNCORKED A SH-TSTORM FOR WHICH THERE IS NO LONGER A BOTTLE!!!"

"And a quick Google search lead to the cavernous hell of a Shoggoths bunghole, as most google searches tend to do..."

"I have ideas. But Osama bin Laden had ideas too, so I talk with my friends to make sure I don't make a colossal F-ck up."

In the words of that ancient guardsman hero Ollanius Pius, "Why the hell is everything always our job?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"I did" Ragnar says as he turns. He is a giant of a man, standing over 6'0 tall and made purely out of muscle. His massive frame is increased by the thick slabs of Carapace Armor he wears, and his barbaric appearance is enhanced by the bear pelt cloak he wears. If rumors are to be believed he killed the bear with nothing but his hands.

"That" he points to the holo display in the middle of the room "is Delta IV. As you know, Inquisitor Kahn was running an investigation there. He dissipated several weeks ago, and so we are going in. Or more specifically you. We've ran extensive scans on the Mining Platform and some form of radiation is making them all but intelligible. All we know for sure is that there is human life onboard, the life sustainers are still working, and the radiation probably won't kill you. Other than that its a mystery."

He walks over to the holo display and zooms in on a hatch on the Platform.

"This is your insertion point, its a secondary supply hatch. Its the only one that seems to respond to our signals. Your mission is to go in, get to the control room and reestablish communications. Once you do that, i'll bring in the cavalry if its necessary. Any questions?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Barik
    Wounds: 11
    Fate: 3

The Interrogator was not what Barik had expected of a member of the Inquisition. It made him wonder what he had done to end up with such a rank.

As he hears the explanation of what they were doing here he will smile to himself. Radiation, as well as whatever situation might have delayed the Inquisitor. It sounded like they were considered to be expendable. Nothing new there for him anyway.

Barik will pull out a lho stick and light it before asking the obvious question. 'What was the Inquisitor investigating?' There was no harm in asking even if he wasn't sure he would be told.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Ragnar grimaces "Theres the rub, we arent sure. Kahn was a secretive bastard, even for an Inquisitor. The only reason the Boss noticed is because Kahn was supposed to meet him, and when he was a few days late, and there was no report of any Warp anomalies, well anymore than usual, he got concerned. One Astropathic message later and here we all are."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Cyrine

Operational area, Delta IV. Mining platform. Human or near human presence detected. Life support at operational levels. Duration: Unknown. Local intelligence: Minimal. Location of primary target: Unknown. Threat level: Unknown. Mission perimeters: Infiltrate and establish communications with handler. Conclusion: Situation not ideal. Plan of action: Find local source of intelligence, gain bearing on primary target if convenient, adapt to changing situation. Retain stealth for as long as possible.

Cyrine blinked as she quickly ran through the situation in her head. She would have finished with a frown had she been more inclined to outwardly show her emotions, but she wasn't completely robotic. Her crossed arms and the tense grip of her fingers displayed her displeasure with the lack of intelligence. The less they knew, the more likely this would end in mission failure. Still, the Interrogator did not expect them to find or acquire the missing inquisitor; only get in and call home. They could do this. It had the probability of going very wrong, but it was not a suicide mission yet.

"So what are we waiting for?" the girl said quietly, but pointedly.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

At Cyrine's statement, Lucinia couldn't help but smile. "She's right, let's get moving," she said heartily ready to serve the emperor's will. At least this abomination seemed to have the right kind of attitude.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #12

Vanthus considers the situation briefly. Not a very good situation, all things considered - if a full Inquisitor and a peer of their boss vanished in here, that suggested little for their chances. He still has something of a grin on his face - the facade isn't going to break just yet. "Do we have any information on the station in general? History and people and unique quirks and such, those little things that might be informative once we're in there. Some idea of layout and where things are would be useful as well."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't do much about people, but i can give you a map." Ragnar hands Vanthus a datapad with an annotated map of the station. "Its a standard Mars Pattern Gas Miner, the only non-standard upgrade is the two additional storage tanks on top, but those where sanctioned and have been on it since it was built. Honestly this place has been a model Platform for decades, barely so much as a bar fight on it."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Vanthus takes the map and gets a quick overview, particularly the area they're to enter in, before passing it off to one of the others."Well in that case I think they're right, we better get ready to set off - I for one need to fetch my armour and rifle."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Barik

Barik will take the map from Vanthus and try to memorise it before handing it on. At least they had some intelligence. Better yet, the Interrogator's words suggested there was a bar here somewhere. If all went well maybe he'd have time to look for it when it was all over. He will finish his lho stick and wait for them to leave.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinia glanced over the map before passing it on and making sure she has all her spare power packs and gear before waiting at the airlock.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lazarus reaches up and holds his amulet, closing his eyes in a way that looks like a silent prayer, while he peers through the window in his soul and out into the nearby warp space, looking for disturbances or signs of strong powers.

9Psyniscience check for general warp conditions, PER+10=54. Range PER Bonus/kilometer, or DM fiat)
    (1d100)[100]

"And a quick Google search lead to the cavernous hell of a Shoggoths bunghole, as most google searches tend to do..."

"I have ideas. But Osama bin Laden had ideas too, so I talk with my friends to make sure I don't make a colossal F-ck up."

In the words of that ancient guardsman hero Ollanius Pius, "Why the hell is everything always our job?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Ragnar nods "All right, if thats everything then, you're Aquila Lander is in Bay 2. Sentras will meet you there with some extra ammo." He gives you all a causal salute and then goes back to studying the Holo imager.

Bay 2 is a typical ship bay, ratings and deck officers run around in semi ordered chaos, each doing their prescribed job. The one area of calm is around a dull grey Aquila Lander, with a nose mounted Multi-Laser, that looks prepped for launch. At the bottom of the ramp is a Tech Priest, shrouded in black robes, and two utility servitors with an ammo crate in between them.

Spoiler: Psynicience
    Show

The residual effects of the ship coming out of the Warp messed with your ability to read the area...or you sneezed.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2017-06-21 at 05:25 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

It seems Vanthus had quickly changed before arriving at the lander. Now dressed in light carapace, helmet and all, he's also now properly armed, with a rifle slung over his back and a pair of odd grenades on his belt, along with the pistol and medikit.

Seeing the techpriest, he walks over, still projecting an upbeat mood. "Ah, you must be Sentras, yes?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The Tech Priest turns their head "Yes, Ragnar instructed me to bring you some more ammunition" he gestures to the crate behind him. The voice is distinctly male, and the vox unit he is using is well calibrated as he sounds like someone talking over a vox instead of a flat robotic voice. Also he sounds friendly, instead of the usual cold, matter of fact, voice one usually gets from Tech Priests.

Close up, you see that Sentras is covered in cybernetics, only the top half of his head is clearly biological, the rest is comprised of a silvery metal, and he appears to move on a forest of small mechadendrites.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

The box has 2 extra clips of ammo for everyones guns, and 1 Frag grenade for each of you.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Cyrine

Cyrine took a look at the map slate last, staying out of the others' way out of habit, and committed it to memory. Then she followed the others off the bridge at a bit of a distance. It was simply polite of her, especially for the psyker. She had known them to react rather...violently to her presence before. So once she had claimed her portion of the ammunition and the grenade, Cyrine made sure to seat herself at the complete opposite end of the shuttle from Lazarus. The new munitions were secreted away in the pockets of her coat or on the combat webbing underneath.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinia makes her way to the ship and grabs some extra charge packs and a grenade. She thanks Sentras and head into the lander.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Barik

Barik is already carrying his lasgun on a strap over his shoulder. Couldn't be sure when you might need it. The extra supplies will go into the various pockets inside his coat. At least the Inquisition kept their people well supplied. He will bow slightly to the Techpriest before boarding the lander.

24. - Top - End - #24

Vanthus grabs the bullets, adding the grenade to the other two, before thanking Sentras and heading aboard. Once aboard, he unslings his rifle and seems to consider for a few moments before loading a clip of scramblers instead of usual bullets. He was expecting trouble right away, so he may as well use the special stuff.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lazarus grumbles and subtly rubs his unexpectedly itchy nose. Resolving to get a clearer idea of the warp once away from the ship, he takes the proffered munitions and clips them to his belt, glances at the map, and makes his way to the shuttle.

Upon arriving, he takes a seat and closes his eyes, hands curled in front of him in a meditative pose as he calms his spirit with practiced ease. When the Blank comes aboard, he notes her positioning relative to his own, and gives a small, grateful nod.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Once everyone is strapped down the Lander lifts off and sails trough the doors into the black. Its a trip of only a few minutes, and before you all realize it the airlock is sealed and you can enter the hatch into the station.

Spoiler: What you see inside
    Show

Its a typical mining station, all slate grey metal with the lights done in brass. The ceiling averages 15 feet, and the hall is about as wide.

You climb out into a hallway that looks like its in a storage or maintenance area, if the carts of full of various mechanical bits and bobs are any indication. The hallway terminates with a airlock door that is open to a T intersection.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Cyrine

The blank checked her laspistol's charge and then reholstered it, then pulled her chainsword out of the lander's cargo netting and revved it briefly before sheathing it as well. She ran her hands through her coat to check the various ammo pockets and her newly acquired grenade, then finally pulled her long las out of the cargo netting, too. Then she walked lightly through the airlock and into the mining station.

She rechecked the red dot laser sight she'd requisitioned for the long las by turning it on and painting one of the cargo crates with it. She swept the room, back and forth, then nodded and held the rifle at the ready on a strap across her chest. She kept her finger on the trigger guard as she walked through the room toward the t-intersection.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Question Re: Not Sure if Heretic.....

Vanthus waits in the airlock briefly, happy to let the untouchable go on ahead, just in case there's something waiting out there. After a few moments of nothing, he follows, rifle in hand and loaded with scramblers.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinia took up position in front next to the blank and took out her las pistol and chainsword, favoring to be ready for close combat if something is right around the corner in the enclosed space of the mining station. leaving her spare melee weapon a chainblade at her hip and her long las on her back.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Barik

Following the others through the hatch Barik will take his lasgun off his shoulder and hold it ready. For a moment he will look at the mechanical detritus with interest. Back home he probably could have done something with that, but here they just left it lying around.

Barik was not sure what to make of his allies. After all, two of them were teenagers, even if the psyker and the scary girl were obviously capable at what they did. He will ask aloud, 'So...we try to stay quiet for as long as possible. How do we want to play this if we meet any civilians?'
    Last edited by Haval; 2017-06-22 at 07:06 PM.