New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    I call Ret-Con !
    I call what the heck is Ret-Con! I mean ? I mean, oh, nevermind, the moment is passed.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

For a while I only wore short or pants. Which is unfortunate, cuz I don't think I ever looked any good in shorts. It got to the point where I was accused of being a tom-boy...
    I wear pants in winter cuz, you know, it's COLD, though I have been wearing stockings and the like more often lately, and thus more skirts and dresses. I have a reasonably impressive collection of skirts, really... But I need to replace my really thin, floaty brown one that's see-through in certain light. It tore right up when someone sat on it

The latest fashion trend I hate? Scarf, singlet top, mini-skirt, and horrible great Ugg-boots. In Armidale. In winter. Often accompanied by "wow, it's cold! Aren't you cold?" No you twit, because I'm wearing real clothes!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Scarves are nice.
    I've got this broad wool scarf that was my mother's that's Orange, brown and red, but people keep calling it a "Hogwarts" scarf.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #574

I have an unnatural obsession with Fedoras. I have yet to find the dream woman who wears them.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    It's...frowned upon.
    Of course, absolutely everyone does it. And people make a living off it! They're called critics. So I hardly think it's wasted. Instead, you might be the next Ebert! Or Roeper! Or insert third famous critic!
    Yay! I wanted to be a doctor, though. Ooh! I'll just imitate House! Constantly criticize everyone around me, while being a doctor. Too bad the med schools are probably already crowded with House wannabes. Eh well, I'm probably better than them.

EDIT: I go AFK a minute in the middle of writing my post... and when I came back, we're two pages away from the last page I read and everyone's talking about hats. You people think too fast!
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2007-08-08 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I have an obsession with scarves. Not like the winter ones, like the silk types one can tie in their hair. I have dozens, in all sorts of colors and patterns. They're obnoxious and always getting in ones way, but I wear one almost every day anyway.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Yay! I wanted to be a doctor, though. Ooh! I'll just imitate House! Constantly criticize everyone around me, while being a doctor. Too bad the med schools are probably already crowded with House wannabes. Eh well, I'm probably better than them.
    That's the kind of attitude that gets you some attention!
    Or fired.
    Either one. Both, probably.

And why do so many people I know wanna be doctors (Including me. Be afraid.)?
    I mean, right now, I'm voting for....money.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I have an obsession with scarves. Not like the winter ones, like the silk types one can tie in their hair. I have dozens, in all sorts of colors and patterns. They're obnoxious and always getting in ones way, but I wear one almost every day anyway.
    Have you tried wearing them creatively? For example, use a simple wristband and a short-sleeved shirt to create impromptu sleeves.

Simply tie the scarves in a circular or spiral pattern to the wristband and the shirt, and you've got nifty colorful flared sleeves.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

That's the kind of attitude that gets you some attention!
    Or fired.
    Either one. Both, probably.

And why do so many people I know wanna be doctors (Including me. Be afraid.)?
    I mean, right now, I'm voting for....money.
    Because it's one of the most purely benevolent, good-for-all-humanity jobs out there, and because you make a lot of money. And because it's practical and cool, and you get to inspect members of the opposite gender naked. The first part is the main part that interests me, but I guess the others are valid.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

10. - Top - End - #580

I have an unnatural obsession with Fedoras. I have yet to find the dream woman who wears them.
    You'd like my friend, then. She is pretty dreamy... >sigh< Anyway, she has a couple of fedoras, some big boots, lots of impressive dresses and coats... She gave me my corset. Oh, and she's a Medieval Recreationist. Possibly on the downside, she's a Thespian. And she always said she'd make a great drag queen...

11. - Top - End - #581
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Have you tried wearing them creatively? For example, use a simple wristband and a short-sleeved shirt to create impromptu sleeves.

Simply tie the scarves in a circular or spiral pattern to the wristband and the shirt, and you've got nifty colorful flared sleeves.
    Nope, never done that. But I'll wear them around my wrist occasionally, or waist, or neck (which is i suppose where it's most common to wear a scarf actually)

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Because it's one of the most purely benevolent, good-for-all-humanity jobs out there, and because you make a lot of money. And because it's practical and cool, and you get to inspect members of the opposite gender naked. The first part is the main part that interests me, but I guess the others are valid.
    House, eh? Well, here's House's Hugh Laurie in his previous well-known role

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    You'd like my friend, then. She is pretty dreamy... >sigh< Anyway, she has a couple of fedoras, some big boots, lots of impressive dresses and coats... She gave me my corset. Oh, and she's a Medieval Recreationist. Possibly on the downside, she's a Thespian. And she always said she'd make a great drag queen...
    And here I always thought being female disqualified you?
    And Thespians are no worse than say, Breathairians. I certainly don't find them bad people, as long as they don't try and convert me.

@ Surly: Hahahahahahahaahahahahaha *continues for some time *hahaha!
    Yeah, your right, money, naked people.
    Benevolence! You crack me up!
    Last edited by Cyrano; 2007-08-08 at 10:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry, Fdl, what is the problem here? People have different fashion ideas. Some like to dress up in beautiful, comfortable skirts, others like to have amazingly uncomfortable pants. It's a personal choice. Don't be judgemental!
    Nah, I'm not. I just stated my preference I'm just curious about their reasons to prefer one or the other. I think through history the skirt has had a bad rap, and I see the current place it holds in female fashion as a result of this.
    Mind you, I'm not speaking about high fashion trends or couture or anything, just what girls my/your age wear everyday.

Oh by the way, one fashion thing I dislike? The short skirt. Yeah, it's sexy, yes, it makes me excited, and sure, it shows off your legs, but for gods sake, could ya be more blunt?
    Well, sure you can.

I fail to see your point, or at least why it comes out as a complaint. But well, "I won't be judgemental".

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    For a while I only wore short or pants. Which is unfortunate, cuz I don't think I ever looked any good in shorts. It got to the point where I was accused of being a tom-boy...
    I wear pants in winter cuz, you know, it's COLD, though I have been wearing stockings and the like more often lately, and thus more skirts and dresses. I have a reasonably impressive collection of skirts, really...
    I really, really do not like shorts... well, as in, "I avoid wearing them." I dunno, they're not... me. I'm gonna see how this "skirts in winter" thing works out. If I freeze, I'm putting you in charge of finding a way to defrost me.

But I need to replace my really thin, floaty brown one that's see-through in certain light.
    I have one like that. =P
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-08-08 at 10:06 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    I fail to see your point, or at least why it comes out as a complaint. But well, "I won't be judgemental".
    I guess I malcomprehended "mystery of the non-skirted woman".
    Or....did I?
    Yeah, I probably did.

Well, sure you can.
    Well...yes...you easily can...it's a figure of speech!

I think through history the skirt has had a bad rap, and I see the current place it holds in female fashion as a result of this.
    Mind you, I'm not speaking about high fashion trends or couture or anything, just what girls my/your age wear everyday.
    Now, see, I don't get that. I'm 14, and girls in my day wear almost entirely skirts. I mean, II suppose this could be because I go to a uniformed school, and a skirt is the only way you could look remotely sexy.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Firbolg in the Playground

Instead, you might be the next Ebert! Or Roeper! Or insert third famous critic!
    I beleive it should be Siskel(sp) and Ebert! But Siskel died a couple years ago and so Roeper took his place.

Now we just need a couple critics in the playground! Like the muppets, only better, less silly, and harder to fling around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

^ Ha! I know know D'anna's gender for sure, and know his age! My master plan is one step closer to completion! *rubs hands together maniacally*

Me, I prefer girls wearing pants to wearing skirts. Of course, I'm numbingly practical-minded, and part of this is because it's easier to run/ fight/ do pretty much anything in pants than in a skirt. At least, if you don't want to expose yourself.

19. - Top - End - #589

^ Ha! I know know D'anna's gender for sure, and know his age! My master plan is one step closer to completion! *rubs hands together maniacally*
    How do you know my gender again?

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you know my gender again?
    Elven magic, sir or madam!

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I malcomprehended "mystery of the non-skirted woman".
    Or....did I?
    Yeah, I probably did.
    *shrug* Well, not everyone likes it I guess.

Well...yes...you easily can...it's a figure of speech!
    I don't think it's a bad way for a woman to feel pretty and/or express their sexuality at the same time. I don't think, and I'm going to purposefully exagerate here, a girl is "slutty" or anything for wearing sexy clothes, much less a mini-skirt. I understand it's part of dressing up to feel sexy and often to get attention from the opposite sex, which is not a bad thing at all.
    Also, feminine clothing items like skirts, stockings, scarves, etc are after all features that explicitly mark the difference between the sexes, and I find that natural and refreshing in this time.

Now, see, I don't get that. I'm 14, and girls in my day wear almost entirely skirts. I mean, II suppose this could be because I go to a uniformed school, and a skirt is the only way you could look remotely sexy.
    Sorry, the uniform consists of skirts? Because I'm thinking here that after seeing it everyday it can have the opposite effect, get bored of it or something (wouldn't happen to me I guess). Also uniforms have an effect that make people stand out more for their differences, because they're all dressed up the same. So they tend to disappear to the eye.

@Serpentine: I'm still hooked :S Can you get me banned every week day at this time approximately? :p

I'm off to HOMM V and bed guys!!!! This can't be all I do!!!!!! :s

22. - Top - End - #592

*I don't think it's a bad way for a woman to feel pretty and/or express their sexuality at the same time. I don't think, and I'm going to purposefully exagerate here, a girl is "slutty" or anything for wearing sexy clothes, much less a mini-skirt. I understand it's part of dressing up to feel sexy and often to get attention from the opposite sex, which is not a bad thing at all.
    I'm not saying it's slutty. I agree that it's often to get attention from the opposite sex. That's why I don't like it. I'm just less....blatant in real life, and incredibly shy, and blatancy is...annoying to me.

*Sorry, the uniform consists of skirts? Because I'm thinking here that after seeing it everyday it can have the opposite effect, get bored of it or something (wouldn't happen to me I guess). Also uniforms have an effect that make people stand out more for their differences, because they're all dressed up the same. So they tend to disappear to the eye.
    THe uniform consists of pants or skirts, by choice. Seeing it everyday DOES dull it, a bit, but mostly because it's dull grey skirts. I still love out-of-school ones.

23. - Top - End - #593

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    I really, really do not like shorts... well, as in, "I avoid wearing them." I dunno, they're not... me. I'm gonna see how this "skirts in winter" thing works out. If I freeze, I'm putting you in charge of finding a way to defrost me.
    I recommend good, thick stockings and/or thermal underwear. Oh, and big boots. Also it helps that one of my dresses is long-sleeved, high-necked, black, and made of wool, so yeah, aim for heavy stuff.

...wait. I'm giving fashion advice? >.>
    >runs<

Fdl, if you keep talking about short skirts on school girls, you probably won't need my help

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

^:Yup, and I've been meaning to get myself a pair of calf-highish boots...
    *Wonders if she's gonna have enough spare money after buying a neew iPod....*
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-08-08 at 10:41 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

25. - Top - End - #595

^^ How do you know about boots? You have no legs.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

^^ How do you know about boots? You have no legs.
    Shoe on head.

Duh.
    sign by egobuttz

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Shoe on head.

Duh.
    Hawt.

I think Serp is hiding something from us... she has legs, I know it.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

28. - Top - End - #598
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    ^:Yup, and I've been meaning to get myself a pair of calf-highish boots...
    *Wonders if she's gonna have enough spare money after buying a neew iPod....*
    I'm just like to mention that I love my iPod.

29. - Top - End - #599

Shoe on head.

Duh.
    Of course, it's so simple! I should have seen that! I mean, hell, that's how I wear 7 shoes at once.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nomrom View Post
    I'm just like to mention that I love my iPod.
    Kind/capacity? I want to be jealous.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻