New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Phoenix, your drawings rule ^^ The internet needs more of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    how about this:

who gets the next Random Banter?
    I kinda pre-called it a while back, and if no one opposes I'm ready to do it when the time comes (bad alliteration and all). I'll be there the moment it's needed (I hope it's not when I'm sleeping :S Maybe I shouldn't sleep that day...)

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

It looked like a mind-flayer-ish thing, but it was really funny. I loved it completely.

I miss Puebla... And my computer too... And still, I don't think I'm going back... There's too much sadness there, and sometimes I think it's my fault...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks. ^^

I'm trying to get less shy about letting people see them. I figure this is a good way to do it.

Radikal, what's up? Does it cheer you up to know that you got me for a moment with the avatar swap?
    Last edited by phoenixineohp; 2007-08-19 at 10:44 PM.
    Character Stats

Phoenixineohp avatar by Trog!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it's good that you show them, because they're really cute, Phoenix. I loved the one of Serpentine you posted somewhere else ^^

Hey, the swap-week is over, isn't it? I mean, don't know about the dates, I'm seeing that Moon Called calmed a little. Or maybe she broke it :p
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-19 at 11:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, it's basically over. There are still a few people left, but just about everyone has gone back to normal by now.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'm just lazy and I haven't changed yet, but I think I'll do it in a while or maybe tomorrow, I don't know...

As for what happened, I just think I messed everything up over there and then life became a total disaster, not just for me but also for lots of people I care about. I got involved with a girl, I knew it wasn't right (I posted about this at the old Depression Thread...), then she met my friends, she became my best friend's girl, I hurt them both, they hurt me... Now they're breaking up and my best friend feels like crap, and I know all of those wouldn't have happened if I hadn't become so close to her... She's the devil in disguise, I tell you all...
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

7. - Top - End - #1357

I'm sorry to hear that all. Apparently jellyfish offering hugs don't work out quite right. But I do hope it all turns out okay for you.
    Character Stats

8. - Top - End - #1358

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixineohp View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that all. Apparently jellyfish offering hugs don't work out quite right. But I do hope it all turns out okay for you.
    Well, it's the thought that counts, but the jellyfish sting seems to turn seem people away.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, so far it is working... I just moved to another city, away from all those who I hurt and those who hurt me. I hope I don't hurt anyone anymore...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360

Can somebody tell me why all my cats love vegetable sauces that much? My old cat, Sunny, loves to eat mom's tomato sauce (an a tad modified original Italian sauce), he prefers it over meat, now Noelle (one of the two kitties, she's his niece) found the rest of my food and started to eat it. Now I'm totally confused.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Pxp, those drawings are very nifty. I first thought it was a Flumph, though. Please, show us more!

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CSK View Post
    Can somebody tell me why all my cats love vegetable sauces that much? My old cat, Sunny, loves to eat mom's tomato sauce (an a tad modified original Italian sauce), he prefers it over meat, now Noelle (one of the two kitties, she's his niece) found the rest of my food and started to eat it. Now I'm totally confused.
    No clue, but my old cat had similar issues. She loved potatoes, and could eat several at a time. Even more she loved cucumbers. She once ate 1/4 of one; through the plastic even.
    OotSP :D
    Spoiler
    Show

My creations:
    Custom initiative system (shots)
    The Nameless [MitpII]
    D20 "total conversion" (will probably never be finished :P)

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Banned

Cats loving tomato products isn't that weird. Cats eating other vegetables, that's a bit stranger. Cats who ignore the yogurt and milk in a cereal bowl in order to eat the strawberries, I've never been able to explain, not even after subtracting the allure of the "I want what YOU'RE having!" flavor.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got back from failing my written driver's test for my license. I probably SHOULD have read the book...I studied it before I tested for my permit, but that was a year ago.

It irks me tremendously...I failed on questions like... "What's the leading cause of motercycle-car accidents?" which then presented four plausable scenarios. I guessed the wrong one, of course, because I'm a terrible guesser...anyway, I just read the manual and I'm going back to test again tomorrow. Then my practical is Wednesday.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, you can always retake. Or do really well on your Practical. Besides, someone (maybe Eggy) said that you aren't a true motorist unless you've failed your driving exam at least once.
    And, knowing you I think you didn't do as bad as you think you did. Let us know how it went.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I just got back from failing my written driver's test for my license. I probably SHOULD have read the book...I studied it before I tested for my permit, but that was a year ago.

It irks me tremendously...I failed on questions like... "What's the leading cause of motercycle-car accidents?" which then presented four plausable scenarios. I guessed the wrong one, of course, because I'm a terrible guesser...anyway, I just read the manual and I'm going back to test again tomorrow. Then my practical is Wednesday.

What's the answer to that one? Not wearing helmets?

Here the theoretical part of the test had more realistic questions. About things you have to remember from the pertinent laws, etc. Anyways, good luck next time.

I'm going to have to renew my license at some point...I think I loaned the booklet I studied that time :s You know, I don't make that kind of mistake often. Now i have to go to the person I loaned it to like 4 years ago and ask her if she has it (which of course she won't). Meh. People

17. - Top - End - #1367

Driver's test. Now there are two words that scare me.

I am a great driver who has also experienced failing the *&^% tests. Our system is just stupid as logical answers were not the correct ones. Even though I did study. And I swear that car came out of nowhere.
    Character Stats

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I just don't test well. I psych myself out. I failed the permit test the first time too, and got 95% the second time, so hopefully I can pull that off again. The permit test had twice as many questions, though, so there was more breathing room.

19. - Top - End - #1369

I was so nervous for the road test that I could barely sign my name to the sheet, I was shaking so bad. I was way too stressed out to drive it. >.<
    Character Stats

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do they give you the written test on paper or on a computer? I remember when I took my permit test, it was like it was designed to psych me out. Every time I got one wrong, it would tell me by putting up a red screen with "INCORRECT" on it in big letters. Then it would inform me how many more I could afford to get wrong before I failed. Evil. I barely scraped through.

Anyway, now that you've taken the test once and then reread the book while knowing what sort of fiddly little facts they will ask about, you should do fine. Go get another 95%!

Oh, and a bit of advice for your road test: glance through the manual for the car you'll be taking it in. Make sure you know all the switches etc, and where they are. I got in trouble on mine for not knowing how to turn my headlights off (they turned off when the engine was off on my mom's car, so we just left them on all the time).
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, it was on the computer it did that to me too - the red INCORRECT. When I got the first question wrong and my heart rate doubled, I was like, "Oh crap." Because I knew that I would psych out, and sure enough, by the last couple questions I couldn't focus enough to absorb the question.

I'm testing in my mom's minivan (hehe) so that shouldn't be an issue. I know it pretty well. Heck, I can parallel park it without a problem. It's just a PAIN to have to do the written again....

22. - Top - End - #1372

See, that's just plain evil. I preferred the computer I took my test on. You had 10 signs you had to know, any of them wrong and the test just stopped. Then you could only miss up to 5 of 25 questions, and if you got too many wrong the test again just stopped. None of this "You're wrong! Bwahahahaha.." stuff.
    Last edited by Vonriel; 2007-08-20 at 03:29 PM.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

23. - Top - End - #1373

I had the huge red 'YOU'RE WRONG!" too. I liked that it at least had pictures, but the paper test was much calmer.

I put off my driven test because of the parking part. The car is an '88 crown vic. A huge square. So parking that beast is not a fun thing to do. However the parking went fine. I messed up on a one way street when the instructor told me to make a sudden turn left... while I was two lanes away. So I ended up cutting off a guy to try and make it. And then that other car came out of no where when I was entering the highway. So very annoying when I know that I am a good driver and just too nervous. But it all worked out and I am almost done the whole system.

On another note:
    BABY GABOON VIPERS!

Look at those little sweeties! The video is under 3 minutes and totally worth it. I can't believe the fangs they are born with. Gaboons have the largest fangs as adults, at 2 inches. But those little sweeties... *is totally jealous of the curator*
    Last edited by phoenixineohp; 2007-08-20 at 03:32 PM.
    Character Stats

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Firbolg in the Playground

The drivers test makes me glad I won't be taking one for a year or so. And that video is amazing. Here we only have adders grass snakes and slowworms. Plus, whatever pets and zoo snakes that escape. Which is very rare.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to hear that DR.

Let's hope your parents prepared you for driving better than mine & Jewish_Joke's did. Both of us have been in 2 accidents in less than 2 years. (I could argue that one of them was not my fault, but the city sure didn't think so. Stupid bushes in the center median...*gumble grumble*)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always had a soft spot for snakes....

Yeah, my parents have been pretty good...after a few *ahem* mishaps the first time I drove, which I think I've mentioned before.........

I just about made myself sick eating cookie dough. Haha. It really is the best part...but when I eat too much then I just can't let myself have a cookie, and that's really unfortunate too. Because they're awesome especially when they're fresh out of the oven. My brother made the dough and it's my job to put it on the tray...hooray for teamwork!

27. - Top - End - #1377

Well if it's any consolation to y'all, I'm an excellent driver. Come to think of it, I'm great at everything except skiing. And cooking. And I don't know how to play crocquet. That's it though.
    Glorious Chaiman Kaga avatar by the impeccable Kalirush!

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. I've just found out how smooth internet goes when I'm not using Emule. I mean, duh, but it's really noticeable. I can watch Youtube videos without prebuffering them! (almost)
    Well, it's going to be on again soon anyway :p

29. - Top - End - #1379

Emule? Never heard of it.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

30. - Top - End - #1380

Some kind of electronic donkey/horse hybrid.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman