New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Rogue4/Swashbuckler5/swordsage1 optimization

I will be playing a Human Rogue4/Swashbuckler5/swordsage1 in an upcoming campaign. Going from level 10 to probably 14 max. I have taken equipment and my skill points are chosen for flavour. 5 feats available. taking able learner 1st level, daring outlaw and shadow blade as ill be in island of blades stance most the time. Thinking Staggering strike and Improved initiative as the other two. penetrating strike as an ACF. Will be role playing as a charming but ill suited leader, daring in action but unable to take advise. Im curious as to my options for the coming levels gained or alternatives in feats or class chioces. Liking the idea as warblade but lacking the initiator levels for 4th level maneuvers at next level. Any cool prestige classes I may qualify for?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Rogue4/Swashbuckler5/swordsage1 optimization

If you are already going for precision damage, I would probably pick Craven from Champions of Ruin for a scaling damage bonus based on character level and maybe go TWF. I would also consider taking the ACF penetrating strike from Dungeonscape for dealing with creatures immune to precision damage.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

How about:

Dragon Devotee 4/Spellsword 1/Unseen Seer 4. You get another 4d6 sneak attack, 3rd level sorcerer spells, and hunter's eye on your spell list. Finish off with another level of Swordsage in there somewhere, picking up Assassin's Stance for more sneak attack.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

More Swordsage is probably great. You get maneuvers that do nasty stuff to flat-footed enemies (e.g. Bloodletting Strike), better mobility tools (Pouncing Charge, Quicksilver Motion, Moment of Alacrity, Bounding Assault, etc.), and lots of utility. And some serious pain to bring to your enemies in extra attacks and such.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

If your DM lets you retrain to Able Learner, Chameleon levels could also work for you.