New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: THE CREATED (Wes's Horror Game) INC

“Ezra, how could you betray me like this,” Isbeth swore under her breath as a thick blanket of mist swirled around her and the small boy she just saved. “I thought we had an understanding. No. More. Children.” She pulled her white hooded cloak tighter around her shoulders, fingers lightly brushing against the silver wolfsbane pin that held it in place and glanced at the dirty little urchin He was almost out of sight, the mist seemed like it was pulling at him as he pushed forward. “EZRA preserve us,” she shouted as she gave chase. “Be kind and merciful. For I care for those today that will care for me tomorrow.”

Abruptly, the mists receded to the overwhelming and garish light of day. Isbeth’s jade eye twitched. First from the unexpected light as she was used to nothing more than overcast and then in annoyance as she surveyed her new surroundings. “NO. No. No no. No. This can’t be happening.” She spun on her heels searching for the lingering mist. There was none. In place of the mist was horde of children with bright streamers bearing down upon her direction.

Determined not to have her pockets picked or worse to be covered in streamers and children, Isbeth ducked into the southwest entrance into the city and surveyed the scene before her and shuddered. “Lovely. A festival. For children.” She gritted her teeth as she began to walk briskly avoiding all children that scurried about her.

“Salvation is at hand,” she beamed, standing in front of the Inn. She pulled down her hood so that her copper locks could glimmer in the sun. Here she could find out where the mists have brought her this time. Here she could get a drink. And most importantly, if even for a moment, here she could avoid interacting with children. Isbeth takes a deep breath and opens the door, pausing briefly to allow her eyes to adjust as she walks in.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Krom went to the inn, after entering he approached the innkeeper, "Any rooms available for the night? Also with a meal plan of sorts?" Krom eyed those in the inn as he awaited for the inn keeper to respond.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Isbeth entered the inn she found a jolly looking Innkeeper behind the counter, a half eaten Roasted chicken, strips of meat pulled from its flesh. She sees a half elf with cooking supplies at the bar, a Halfling at a nearby table, enjoying the beginnings of a feast as she finishes a Soup, a roasted Fowl with Herbs and Seasoning is brought to her by a Thin young man. An older Gentleman stands by a door toward the back with braided leaves, fanning scents out into the Inn of cooking food. Before the Jolly Innkeeper can speak to Isbeth, a Valley Elf comes into the Inn behind Isbeth and begins asking about food and and room.

The Jolly Innkeeper turns to Isbeth and Krom.

"Welcome Traveleers. Rooms are a Gold a Night. We have a Feast Set up, 4 Gold for the Full Course. A light potatoes and sausage soup to start you off with a slice of Toast. Followed by a Roasted Fowl with perfect herbs and seasoning. Then a Slice of Roast Beef with this lovely tang sauce my wife makes that just makes it dance in your mouth. As dessert of Fruit cocktail is served afterward. "

As he is going through his speech a plump woman comes out from the kitch, Greying hair as she comes up behind the man looking at his books, She slaps the man as he starts.

"ARE YOU DRUNK AGAIN! YOU CHARGED THE HALFLING 10 SILVER FOR A 4 GOLD FEAST! YOU LUSH!"

she begins beating him over and over as he attempts to delfect hits, getting out meek apologies. She eventually stops and looks to the Halfling. Her face shifting to a more apologetic appearance, a humble voice coming forth.

"Im sorry Ma'am, my drunkard husband undercharged you. Could you please pay the rest of the bill before we continue your feast. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Prutina sipped a spoonful of soup. It tasted tangy, sweet, and savory. "Mmm, I like it. Compliments to the chef."

Prutina looked at the innkeep's wife with scrutiny. "4 gold for a feast? Isn't that a bit much?" The halfling asked, pulling out her gold bag from her chest. Making a point of jingling the coins.

Perception to sense motive
    4 (roll in dice thread)

The halfling pulled out 4 gold from her pouch and set them on the table. "Okay, I believe you. Can I get my 10 silver back then?"
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-06-29 at 12:43 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The innkeepers wife smiles, pulls the 10 silver up and returns it to the halfling. She leans in close.

Spoiler: whisper to prutrina
    Show
    Thank you if you want seconds on any one part of the feast,
    send word through the thin lad, I'll even get you some extra gravy.

She winks at prutrina before heading back to the kitchen
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Prutina laughed.

Spoiler: Whisper
    Show
    "I will take you up on that."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Vulas looks around the toy vendors and asks the vendors about the realistic toy that he had heard about. Very interested Vulas wanted to see the toys and craftsmanship.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

While Valus walks around the Courtyard, looking at the Vendors, he sees many different types of Toys, Wooden Bears that look almost Real, Marionettes that could pass for actual children, Toy Dragons with wings that actually fly across the Courtyard, and Tin Soliders that actually march.
    Festival of Heroes:

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Vulas goes over to where the marrionetts that look like children are.
    Where's the maker of these fine crafts I have never seen such detail!? I would love to meet him.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Vendor smiled nervously when the grey elf spoke to her.

"Um.... Toymaker Guiseppe probably wont be available until after the puppet show tonight, hes preparing all day and I dont think hes seeing fans"
    Festival of Heroes:

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry, I get a little ahead of myself sometimes. I have just never seen such craftsmanship. It's almost like he took a child and turn him into wood.

Vulas pauses for a moment.

But that would be impossible there are no spells that could do that to my knowledge. I am sorry if I made you uneasy miss, seems to happen a lot around here

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The woman looks around nervously, but doesnt back away from her cart.

"Do...Are you looking for a specific marionette sir?"
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

In a way I suppose. I heard that he created a toy that looked so life like it was unnerving to certain people. I am intrigued about what it really looked like.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The womans face twisted into one of disgust.

"He kept calling it Figlio... So Creepy... ... Please. Talk about something else..."

She turned her eyes away from the elf, positivly done with the conversation.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Vulas thinks there's more to the story than what she's letting herself say.

Well I will leave you then I'm sorry if I brought up painful memories or situation.

Vulas pulls out 1gold piece and hands it to her. And begins to walk on around the courtyard.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the two new people come through the door Jail addresses them

"Happy Bambeen! Care to try one?"

Jail holds out a cup with Horseradish slices in it, the smell is strong and tingly

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well then I do apologize for I do not have 4 gold. I will go elsewhere then. Thank you for your time Inn keeper." With that Krom walked out of the inn and began his way towards the bar.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Before He leaves jail calls out

"Nonsense good sir I will happily offer four gold, it is a celebration after all"

Jail pulls out four gold and puts it on the counter

"Names jail it's a pleasure to meet you"
    Last edited by clarison; 2017-06-30 at 10:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Krombopulos stopped when Jail offered to pay for his meal and stuff, "Krombopulos Michael at your service, thank you kindly for your deed. It will be remembered." Krombopulos sat down next to jail. "So you are here for the celebration I take it or are you a weary traveler such as myself."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

"There was word of a celebration and as a follower of the goddess of fulfillment to truly live you must expirence everything in this world"

I slide my cup over as I talk

"Care for one? While you wait for your food"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Dahilda calmly removes her goggles, fixing them on her head, looks up from the jewelry and smiles brightly at the woman who is extremely judgy. She speaks in a most polite tone Oh yes, thank you! If you would be so kind as to show me your finest gems. I am looking for an extravigant gift for someone dear to me.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Isbeth shook her head at the display and fought back a chuckle. " I'd like a room for the night please," as she gave her best smile, "and if it is not too much trouble, a hot bath and a bit of information." Her stomach growled ever so softly at the overwhelming smell of food. 'Wrong time to fast,' she thought to herself.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Valus walks around the Courtyard, he has made notice of several non-humans entering the Inn at the Southern end of the Courtyard, where a man in Full Human Noble Wear, holding a horse bridle in hand, stands before the Inn.

__________________________________________________ _____________

The Jolly Innkeeper took Jails Four Gold, yelling back to the Kitchen.

"ANOTHER FEAST!"

"DID YOU GET 4 GOLD THIS TIME?!"

"YEA!"

The jolly man rolls his eyes, laughing a little as he pulls another strip of flesh from his roasted chicken, slurping the grease and flavor along with it. He wipes his hand with a napkin as a thin bout comes out with Soup for Krom, setting it before him.

The Jolly man looks to Isbeth.

"Itll be a Gold for the room for the Night, We can arrange a Hot bath, but itll take some time, and 3 silver for the service. "

He stops and considers what she was asking for,

"Information, I guess what your looking to know, will determine what i can just give you... the wife has been pushing me to charge for information... but I can still sneak you some freebees, since your buying so much else. Can I interest you in the feast? Portions of the feast can be purchased at discount... like ... the Gentleman calling himself Jail did. "

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

The Thin woman with the long nose glides across her store.

"A Dwarf, such as yourself.... "

She huffs in irritation as she pulls a small box from somewhere out of sight and sets it on the counter.

"Is there a certain gem you are looking for in general, or just looking to purchase Gems?"
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

While the judgy woman isn't looking, Dahilda rolls her eyes at the comment...but otherwise pretends to ignore it. When the woman is within sight again, she continues to stay pleasant. You know it's probably nothing a shop like this would carry... She softly gestures around the shop and continues I would prefer to find something green for the gift, Paridot or Emerald would be wonderful. If not, it would be delightful to take a look anyway, I'm sure you will have something that will suite my needs.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Long Noised woman clicks her tongue as Dehilda requests a Green Gem.

She pulled from the box a black velvet cloth and laid it out on the counter, and using tongs pulls out a Dark Green Stone of Alexandrite. A Pale Bluish Green Aquamarine, a Green Chrysoberyl, A Deep Green Jade, some Pale Green Tourmaline. A Emerald Green Chrysoprase, and a Piece of Pale Blue-Green Zircon.

"I have some lovely Alexandrite, Aquamarine, Chrysoberyl, Jade, Tourmaline, Chrysoprase, and Zircon. If you are looking to get a peice made into jewelry, we can do that here as well. These are Roughly Cut, and have yet to receive their final cuts and polish. "
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Avery leads his horse over to the nearby inn, walking around the building to see if there is a stable or not.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Avery looks around, to the Immediate West he Finds what looks to be the Constabulary Building, and the Jeweler, who through the window seems to be conversing with... an Odd Dark looking Dwarf. To the East of the Inn he finds a Spice Merchant, A Money Lender, A Bowyer Fletcher... and .. Across the Way... A Stable and Coach House.
    Festival of Heroes:

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

While Dahilda waits for Ms. Judgymcjudge-Face to lay out all of the gems she starts humming softly and sways slightly to her own tune, casually looking around the room to get an idea of how many exits/entrances there are. That Jade wouldn't make a terrible gift, how much are you charging for it? Uncut, just the way it is.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Woman covered her mouth, the crows feet at the corners of her eyes showing more as her eyes narrowed.

"Oh, you had to ask... For that piece, raw, uncut... 100 gold pieces. If I were to have a proper cutter work on it... It could go upwards of 250,000 Gold peieces, should he be clever enough to cut it perfectly.... but such extremes are rare. But, such high reaches are important to know..."

She paused her eyes down cast at the dwarf with judgement.

"Perhaps if you could tell me a price range... and I could work with something more... appropriate?"
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

Dahilda raises an eyebrow, crosser her arms and sighs, Price isn't an object...that's why I asked for Emeralds earlier. I will think on it over some ale. I'll be back later, perhaps I'll decide to have the jade cut...green is the favored color after all. Happy Bambeen! She snaps her goggles back onto her eyes and heads toward the door. When she gets closer to the doorway, she tries to take a quick glance at the lock on the door on the way out to get a better idea of what kind of lock it is.