New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Dreamscarred Press] New playtest: the Rajah, an akashic initiator!

Quote Originally Posted by Draacul View Post
    Oh,it's good at what it does,problem here is that it does pretty much nothing in normal gameplay,while taking the most valuable level slots-2nd.I guess it's really awesome NPC maneuver though.
    Oh well.You don't see me complaining about spells that steal healing and i'm pretty sure that these exist,just never used by anybody.
    Still,while using my standard Coalition Victory archetype,this really IS one.As opposed to jumping through hoops and getting a small bonus.
    For people who aren't aware what Coalition Victory is,it's a card from Magic:the Gathering,which states that if you meet an extremely difficult set of conditions,you win the game.
    Since the target is already damaged enough to care about healing,receiving half the healing as damage PLUS the extra kick from essence most likely means death.
    Two follow-up questions:
    What,if any,happens to overheal?For example,target with 50 damage gets healed by Heal spell for 150.How much healing we actually steal and how many damage he receives in return?
    Second,does it work for natural healing?Fast Healing,Regeneration or something like that?

I'm pretty sure that this stance is an at-will fly for the entire party without needing to care about maneuverability.
    For me,this ALONE is attractive enough.

Objection.Example:you summon shield,as a free action,between enemy combatant locked in melee with your combatant.Now the enemy is forced to either a)attempt to penetrate the shield's 15+hardness that might go up to metaphorical eleven and not really be possible or b)move,getting hit in the face!Possibly getting hit in the face more than once in case of multiple friendly combatants.
    Remember,our allies ignore shields,but opponents do not.It's Dawn of War 2 all over again,and we get to play Eldars this time!
    "
    Remember when we had this stance that allowed to sacrifice hit points just so we had SOMETHING to heal?
    Low-HP class,yes,but with healing just a notch below Medic(except Medic with Radiant Dawn access,which is reasonable).
    Also i'd like to note that RD is a school for everybody,not just Rajahs.
    P.S.I second the idea of more titles.Rajah is awesome already,a few more options won't hurt.
    Valid points, but I would like to point out that 5-ft steps can easily bypass the facing of the shield since its a move action to move them. Riding on a shield eh? It would be a super slow trip, but ya, that is a thing you can do as worded. So much as one mistake and someone falls to their death tho :D.

And yes, I LOVE the idea that anyone can more or less swap out for this one. I love splashing in a veil on many of my builds, but essence has always been an issue for them. With this, that is no longer an issue, and I can in fact, save a whole feat and ignore extra essence feat :P

TBH I kinda want to make a path and some archetypes myself focused around ki, but I would not even know where to begin. Sleeping Goddess gives psi points, this gives essence, all we are missing is ki now and we have all normal resources covered.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsondawn View Post
    Valid points, but I would like to point out that 5-ft steps can easily bypass the facing of the shield
    Point taken,but not always.It's 5-ft step in one side,but full move in the other.
    It would be a super slow trip, but ya, that is a thing you can do as worded. So much as one mistake and someone falls to their death tho
    Why it would be a super slow trip?Two move actions,per round,each moving a shield our land speed.In my book,it's faster than horse,because you can only hustle a horse for so long.
    I assume party of four Medium individuals.For larger parties,speed gets cut in half,obviously.
    And nobody will fall to their deaths thanks to immediate action shield directly below.Moreover,it's not inherently less safe than a flying carpet.
    I can in fact, save a whole feat and ignore extra essence feat :P
    Oh,this is merely a part of the fun.Consider Martial Study on something like Vizier.Each feat gets you essence by default,you can use Sailor Saturn's war scythe for weapon and your bag of tricks goes from simply veils to ENORMOUS arsenal.Oh,and class's Improved Essence Capacity?Allows you to break intended balance in half.
    Last edited by Draacul; 2017-10-31 at 05:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153

TBH I kinda want to make a path and some archetypes myself focused around ki, but I would not even know where to begin. Sleeping Goddess gives psi points, this gives essence, all we are missing is ki now and we have all normal resources covered.
    Stalker gets ki, mystic gets animus. Myrmidon gives grit. None of these have disciplines, no, even though two of the three have weapon properties that interact with them (making them quantifiable things in-world). I find it interesting.
    The future is bright.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Metool View Post
    Stalker gets ki, mystic gets animus. Myrmidon gives grit. None of these have disciplines, no, even though two of the three have weapon properties that interact with them (making them quantifiable things in-world). I find it interesting.
    Ya know... I completely forgot about grit. Ive never been a big fan of the uses for it or ways to gain it tho.

Animus is already a system where the longer the fight goes on, the more dangerous the owner of the animus pool is. If a path was made to boost animus by the same amount as say RD, then you are looking at a starting pool of like 16 to 20. As far as paths that use it - we have elemental flux, and its honestly a very strong path.

and of course, the most content that is brought into a game world, the more odd some things can become. It was partly the downfall of any balance 3.5 may have once had, but at least everything is centered in one place. It really helps a lot.

5. - Top - End - #155

RedSorcererGirl

Oh! One last thing! Would you be willing to add a couple more titles to the batch? We have an amazing selection of options for all sorts of melee and ranged fighters, but very few for arcane and divine casters, or other squish for that matter. This may be a bit of a dangerous suggestion as clerics and wizards are the one thing intelligent creatures will want to kill asap, but I think having a veil that gives strong support to concentration checks, perhaps a bind that allows a spell to be cast as a swift action once per encounter +1 more time per essence, or even one that lowers metamagic costs somehow as just a couple ideas. Spell save DC's are a common idea too, as is healing amount (wait...dont we have a healing one already?).

I hope some of these ideas and thoughts help! :)
    A few of the regular veils would work for caster-support veils, though sadly it does cost a feat slot in addition to everything else...

That said, I do think a good veil would be one that grants effects of +0 spell level metamagic feats (nonlethal, elemental substitution, etc), but sadly I'm not sure if it can line up with the fluff of any particular school.
    My Homebrew Material, mostly focusing on Dreamscarred Press's Path of War and psionics material!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

The largest issue with giving casters veils is that casters already have a lot of power, so I have to be careful about what we can exactly give them.

That being said, I do understand that it's a bit frustrating to not have anything to give them, and everything sans warlord and ephemeral feeling wasted on them. I am investigating that, but it's maybe item 3 or 4 on the list right now.

Speaking of the list: I acknowledge some of the maneuvers are currently missing their prerequisites. This is a mistype, and will get fixed when I put out the November update. Until then, trust treat these maneuvers with the prerequisites that any other maneuver at that level should have.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    The largest issue with giving casters veils is that casters already have a lot of power, so I have to be careful about what we can exactly give them.

That being said, I do understand that it's a bit frustrating to not have anything to give them, and everything sans warlord and ephemeral feeling wasted on them. I am investigating that, but it's maybe item 3 or 4 on the list right now.

Speaking of the list: I acknowledge some of the maneuvers are currently missing their prerequisites. This is a mistype, and will get fixed when I put out the November update. Until then, trust treat these maneuvers with the prerequisites that any other maneuver at that level should have.
    Right. Casters are indeed powerful, but often not until they start getting their lv3+ spells. That being said, some other options could be like, restoring a single spell slot per round as a full round action of a slot no higher then the amount of essence invested, or one that could burn a point of invested essence to swap out one spell that was prepared for another in your spellbook, or some more basic options such as a bound option of giving a bonus to your caster level in regards to dispel magic, remove curse, or things of that nature. On the other side, you could have a bonus for turning undead of the same, or a flat amount of healing boost for selected class features, such as lay on hands, channel energy, Kenetic healing blast (or whatever its called), and so forth.

again, just some more brainstorms. Better to have a list of options to mull over then a blank slate :p

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Right. Casters are indeed powerful, but often not until they start getting their lv3+ spells. That being said, some other options could be like, restoring a single spell slot per round as a full round action of a slot no higher then the amount of essence invested, or one that could burn a point of invested essence to swap out one spell that was prepared for another in your spellbook, or some more basic options such as a bound option of giving a bonus to your caster level in regards to dispel magic, remove curse, or things of that nature. On the other side, you could have a bonus for turning undead of the same, or a flat amount of healing boost for selected class features, such as lay on hands, channel energy, Kenetic healing blast (or whatever its called), and so forth.

again, just some more brainstorms. Better to have a list of options to mull over then a blank slate :p
    I would be care full for spell swap option but other ideas kinda good in low levels sorcerer kinda needs to regain spells he cast and some way to prepare some more spells( like a magnum opus veil giving essence amount spells that can be prepared like wizard).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I would be care full for spell swap option but other ideas kinda good in low levels sorcerer kinda needs to regain spells he cast and some way to prepare some more spells( like a magnum opus veil giving essence amount spells that can be prepared like wizard).
    Ya know, I think you are onto something there. Sorc is all about casting a lot, so having a way to replenish spells with a limit on what is replenished will allow them to blast all day. Meanwhile Wizards are all about adaptability, so a way to expand upon that would empower them nicely. Divine is about either positive and negative energy, or alignment related magic.
    The weak point of each is wizards have a very small spell selection per day, limiting how effective they are if they use their strong spells at the wrong time, while sorc is locked into their choices until various levels. Most divine casters are only bound by their selection at day change.
    The catch will be having something that is very beneficial to each type of caster, yet will not take away their only weakness, ~or~ to expand upon their weakness, making it less of an issue, without enhancing what they already do too much.

Over all, there are 2 reasons I dont play pure casters much. The first is they are often tier 1 classes and are just too strong if played well. The second is limited spell slots, and an annoying amount of bookkeeping in many cases.
    This is why I love path of war and the Akashic veils. It lets me keep that magic feel, without putting any hard limits on my actions, but it still feels a little bit lacking with content atm. Im sure that will change in time tho so long as we keep getting great ideas like this :)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

That would be an interesting idea. If you needed to impose a limit, you could easily place a limit on how many times per day the ability could be used.

11. - Top - End - #161

PirateGuy

Quick Radiant dawn question,

Does the first level strike Dismiss, trigger the Wrath Daevic extra attack on bullrushes? I am asuming no since the maneuver says "the target is also pushed away as if you had successfully bull rushed them" And as if does not mean you actually bull rush them.

But asking never hurts right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Quick Radiant dawn question,

Does the first level strike Dismiss, trigger the Wrath Daevic extra attack on bullrushes? I am asuming no since the maneuver says "the target is also pushed away as if you had successfully bull rushed them" And as if does not mean you actually bull rush them.

But asking never hurts right?
    Looking at the wording of both, I would say no. However since you are making a trip attempt, feats and abilities that go off of that would still trigger, but even that looks like it gets wonky.

I would assume if you had greater trip, you would get your free hit as its a part of your trip, but a feat like vicious stomp you would need a reach of 10 feet to hit him with it.

This strike is worded in such a way that the trip attempt has an added bull rush effect to it.

13. - Top - End - #163

PirateGuy

Looking at the wording of both, I would say no. However since you are making a trip attempt, feats and abilities that go off of that would still trigger, but even that looks like it gets wonky.

I would assume if you had greater trip, you would get your free hit as its a part of your trip, but a feat like vicious stomp you would need a reach of 10 feet to hit him with it.

This strike is worded in such a way that the trip attempt has an added bull rush effect to it.
    I hate it when im right
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Looking for some directed feedback:

Can I get opinions on the Ephmeral, The Warlord, The Protector, The Quick, and the Skirmisher?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I get opinions on the Ephmeral, The Warlord, The Protector, The Quick, and the Skirmisher?
    The Ephemeral: Looks marvelous, especially the the chakra bind smoke bomb effect. It lets you have the same functionality as Fading Strike (Veiled Moon 2) or Fading Leap (VM 4) without having to learn or ready those maneuvers, and as early as level 1. It looks like a lot of fun for a Rajah to give a stealthy, disruptive ally, and give them some battlefield control and self defense. Investing essence in it seems a bit lackluster, though. I think a lot of wisdom-based martials will want to grab it via Narcissism right at level 1 to circumvent a lot of mechanics both in and out of combat.

Speaking of Narcissism, I really don't like how it has 13 wisdom as a prerequisite. I don't see how it makes thematic sense, and wisdom is already the best mental stat. There's a reason why Ordained Defender Warders are so popular.

The Warlord: The base effect is just numberstacking. Not particularly exciting, but feels mandatory to use because numberstacking is effective. It's better than having someone spend an action casting Bless or Good Hope. The only reason not to use it is if you have someone with Flagbearer, Heroism, or a Zealot. Or someone cheesing Encouraging Roar + Community-Minded at low levels. The chakra bind effect, designating a particular area as a buff zone, is much more interesting and allows for counterplay.

The Protector: More numberstacking, and a bonus that stacks with all others, no less! It has the same problem as The Warlord, but maybe even more egregious because nothing else can replicate it.

The Quick: Adds some nice mobility functionality that requires a particular fighting style. The numberstacking element is less of a problem than The Warlord and The Protector because it only affects the entitled. Since it's supposed to match up with Mithral Current, maybe a different name would be more fitting, like The Flowing, The Sinuous, or The Agile. "Quick" suggests higher move speed.

The Skirmisher: Similar effect to The Quick, but distinct and awesome. Great for characters with reach and multiple AoOs! And the chakra bind gives you even more battlefield control. It even seems to allow you to circumvent the positioning problem that Lock usually has. Much more interesting overall than The Quick! Top notch title, no complaints about its design.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well,i managed to obtain some info from my campaign...
    Ephmeral
    Horribly niche.Basically,you get a marginally more useful scout.At the cost of one of your VERY few titles.Might be passable for Narsiccism,but so far nobody of my players took it.
    Basically an at-will 2nd level maneuver.Chakra Bind is pretty much useless.
    [The Warlord[
    Staple,pretty much.Is good enough to warrant Improved Essence Capacity at level 1.Doesn't stack with pretty much anything,which leads to free resources.
    Bind is...passable.Adds micromanagement,but benefits are relatively good.
    -The Protector-
    Boring compared to previous one.Bind might be useful...at very high levels.Requires specific build and resource investment to really shine.
    It's possible,though!
    The Quick?
    Also way too boring.Free movement is too small,AC bonus,while stacking,doesn't affect allies in any way,and for initiative Rajah has Witness the Glory which is just better.
    the Skirmisher?
    Requires a specialized build to get anything from it.Speed increase is pathetic.
    Chakra Bind either does nothing or wins the battle.Usually the former.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Ephemeral: I think it's fantastic. It's a niche ability, but gaining teleportation at early levels is fantastic and while it depends on the person, I think it's in a great place. Maybe the essence invested is a touch weak - I could almost never see myself investing into it like I could other titles.

Warlord: I agree with Castilonium. It's number stacking, so it's especially good at earlier levels assuming you don't have a Bard or someone using Encouraging Roar with Community Minded. It's boring, but very strong, especially earlier on. The Bind is actually very nice, and offers interesting positioning possibilities.

The Protector: I feel like this one is too binary - it's incredibly strong early on, but later when other people have shield bonuses from something and when monster attack bonuses, no one will shape it. The Bind is amazing - free concealment is very strong - but you have to invest a ton of essence to get anything worthwhile from it. Even at level 15, where most games end, you have a 25% miss chance (assuming improved essence capacity) which is easily replicated by lower level spells or effects. But I feel like just having permanent miss chance wouldn't be a healthy design to begin with. Not sure about this one!

The Quick: It's not bad. It's niche, but it's not bad! I especially like the bind, though I mostly like it for flavor rather than mechanics. It's a title that I don't see ever being shaped for my current Kingmaker party though.

The Skirmisher: This is probably my favorite title of the ones you asked about. It's fantastic and honestly in a really strong, healthy place.

18. - Top - End - #168

The Ephemeral
    Gave it to our party Stalker. He prefers the venomous instead for ability damage. Over all, teleporting up to your move speed is very nice, and not too strong. It helps when falling, negates the need to climb locations, and can bypass many barriers. The smoke bomb effect is a little iffy. For the entitled, he can see through it, so its all gravy, but any allies in melee without a way to see through smoke, they are kinda screwed. However using it outside of melee range allows a very easy early access hide in plain sight ability. For that alone, I say keep it as is, no change needed.

The Warlord
    I have mixed feelings about this one. I dont think I would use it much. The bonuses are nice, but they are moral bonuses. This is a bonus type that you can get from so many places that its usefulness is vastly diminished if the party has anyone else that can play support. Seeing how you would put this on an already support class for the greatest effect, it becomes a little redundant. The bind is even more lack luster I feel as you drop a minor ac bonus on the ground more or less. Great perhaps for your casters, but combat flows quickly, so without the proper set up, this would not get used to its fullest extent. Its saving grace is that its a free action, but is it worth one of your limited Title veils? Not in my opinion.

The Protector
    HIGHLY EXPLOITABLE. Its an untyped bonus that goes up with essence, as does the ac aura as well. When you consider you can put this on anyone even with no shield bonus, you will end up with many classes with AC in the 40s or higher without even trying. Further more since it is a shield bonus, it vastly improves many moves from Iron Tortoise, making them almost monstrous. The bind effect gives a miss chance, but its the only miss chance I have ever seen without any type. I feel this will pose an issue down the line for feats and abilities that call out types that they bypass, so I do suggest adding a type to the miss chance. Then again, I guess you can just sunder the title if it becomes an issue.

The Quick
    I feel this one may need a change. Once again we have more bonus ac. Using Rajah veils alone on a Batal, I could get an AC in the 50s or maybe even 60s using whats available. Gotta be careful with how many stacking bonuses ya give out :). The bind is nothing too special imo. How often are you surprised in your game? I mean sure, it happens, but with a good perception and sense motive check, it will almost never happen. Also moving is often not the first action I would take during a surprise round in many cases. I vote for a remake of this title.

The Skirmisher
    This is honestly a very strong veil. Being able to hit and move, or move and hit is a huge deal for some builds. Its like mobility on crack. The essence should be reworded to increases the distance the entitled can move by 5 feet per essence invested as the current investment does nothing for the veils normal effect, and movement speed on its own is honestly not that large a deal in most cases. The bind very lack luster to me. I feel it would make more sense to have something like "when an opponent misses you with an attack, as an immediate action you may make an Attack of Opportunity.If it hits, this attack triggers the effect of this veil, allowing you to move up to the designated distance. This movement takes place immediately after the attack (and possibly negating further attacks) and its movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity from the foe that triggered this effect"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Galacktic View Post
    especially good at earlier levels assuming you don't have a Bard
    Point of note, Inspire Courage is a morale bonus to saves vs charm and fear, and a competence bonus to attack and damage.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Halfling in the Playground

My biggest problem is that the title veil binds are balanced around level four, but the Batal's chakra access is spread over all levels arbitrarily restricting which titles you can use effectively.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Castilonium View Post
    Point of note, Inspire Courage is a morale bonus to saves vs charm and fear, and a competence bonus to attack and damage.
    Ooh, I didn't notice that one.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Galacktic View Post
    Ooh, I didn't notice that one.
    One of things that were changed in Pathfinder that nobody notices.
    Apparently that was a buff.
    Still,if Rajah is a character you build party around,you can expect nobody using morale bonuses to these categories.
    And if you don't,there are other veils!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

The Epheremal
    I'm actually a slight bit worried about this one because of what it has the potential to shut down entirely.
    Narcissism (The Epheremal) is available as a feat from level 1 and about anyone can qualify - just imagine trying to play a Lock build, a Grapple build, or an AoO build and having to go up against enemies that have this. Casters will never worry about casting spells when threatened again.

It's fine as a veil the Rajah could grant, but can have far-reaching effects as something anyone can poach for a single feat. People are comparing it to Veiled Moon but even having veiled moon maneuvers is a big opportunity cost on a lot of characters, and at-will move action teleports is a 5th-level stance.

The Warlord
    Not too interesting, but an okay enough passive effect for people who don't want their builds to become more complicated. Odd that the bind has no range restriction at all.

The Protector
    Really too weak to bother with at all until the bind. The bind can be useful, but adjacency is hard to keep up in a turn-based battle system, especially when shield users are going to be moving around in melee, unless you all delay your initiatives to be clumped up together. Also you become huge targets for AoE effects which the Protector doesn't help you with at all.

The Quick
    The basic effect is too awkward to use on any build that hasn't built into Mithral Current or another draw/sheathe style with at least two feats. Just feels like a weaker version of The Skirmisher in that way.
    The bind is okay, but for binds I'd usually prefer looking for things that affect the whole battle, not just the initiative round, as personal preference.

The Skirmisher
    Very cool! I like it a lot.

Bonus:
    The Nightmare
    I don't really see the point of the bind when an invisible creature can still just call out and tell their allies where they are.
    I think they need to become undetectable by more senses, with sight and hearing as the bare minimum.

The Twins
    Very cool effect in mechanics and the bind is great, but I wonder if the basic effect is too weak.
    Obviously if you have a rogue or other sneak attack character in the party they'll love it - but to any other party it's just a small attack and damage bonus for one or two allies, making it a more complicated and weaker version of the Warlord.
    I'd be interested in seeing the shadow copy able to do something else besides just being a flanking totem, since it's a shame that such a cool mechanic is only useful for a small number of parties.
    Last edited by Mezzaluna; 2017-11-06 at 03:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Updates inbound! Nothing major, besides some changes to 'number fixing veils' and giving the Rajah a Quality of Life buff in reference to allies being a bit 'Leeroy Jenkins' about things. As always, you can find the changelog here!

Batal will probably receive some changes in the future -- I've been hearing murmurs about it being too strong, and as such, would like to hear your input on what needs to change for the archetype!

Edit:

Asides from the Batal, the playtest is nearing it's end. I know what y'all must be thinking -- What about 'Caster veils/Promised Feats/items/Senaapati (Pet oriented archetype)?' For right now, we're trying to close out the Rajah/Batal proper, as the playtest has already grown pretty large, especially for a single class. As such, the playtest will be looking to end, and a second playtest, sometime in the future (unlesss something goes awry), will probably be open to for the rest of the stuff (Rajah 2, we'll call it). So don't worry! And if you see me working on something else after this playtest that isn't Rajah 2, don't worry either! I'm just taking a small break from the project.
    Last edited by AGrinningCat; 2017-11-18 at 03:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

I think you accidentally dropped The Protector's bookmark when you edited it. Also, while I can understand removing the typeless AC bonus to allies, taking away the Rajah's own AC bonus seems a bit much.
    Last edited by Andras Zodon; 2017-11-18 at 06:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

RedSorcererGirl

Do you think it'd be possible to get a generic "+1 bind" feat for the rajah? I'm not quite sure I like the slot limitations of the existing binding feats when it comes to the rajah and its title veils.

The Mighty veil does not remove the AoOs from bull rushes; I believe it'd become more helpful if it did.

For clarification: Stance of the Sunlight Shield's emergency shield sharing damage with the initiator is meant to be for the life of the shield, yes? I'd think it would make sense if the essence would be separated by the start of the initiator's next turn, but I can understand the desire to prevent double shield spamming.

In addition, I don't think the current wording of the stance allows the shield to float above the ground. Given the comment about being a pseudo-Floating Disk, I'd assume it would...

Regality specifically excludes increases in maneuver essence capacity... At the moment, by RAW, the other capacity increasing class features for other akasha classes do not have this stipulation. Do you have plans to errata other capacity increasing class features when this is released? Or is this an intentional aspect of balance, where the rajah has full maneuver progression and the default essence capacity and other classes have the slower maneuver progression and greater essence capacity?
    Last edited by MilleniaAntares; 2017-11-19 at 12:01 AM.
    My Homebrew Material, mostly focusing on Dreamscarred Press's Path of War and psionics material!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

What are the statistics for a palanquin?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

I, for one, would love a pet archetype. Or a heraldry maybe? Would be a chance to use the akshaic animal companion archetype.

29. - Top - End - #179

Sword of the Moon Queen: While wearing medium or heavy armor, the batal does not incur movement speed penalties from her armor. The batal increases her armor bonus to AC equal to the amount of veils she has shaped. (If she does not have an armor bonus to AC, treat her armor bonus as +0.)

This feels a little redundant. Ive never heard of any armor providing an armor bonus of 0. Is this intended to provide armor if you wear none now, or is it a counter to some combo/skill exploit that I am unaware of?

As per the Batal change, I made a HUGE paragraph about what I disliked about the change before I realized I read how it works now wrong and deleted it, lol... <_<
    Now that we can bind to any slot at that level, its kinda cool, and an even trade to what is given up I feel too.
    I do have a big question tho about this change! I see it says not one way or another if the Batal can bind these veils to their allies still or if its only themselves, or if we need to take the bind feat just to bind title veils to our allies. Could you elaborate on your intent with this one please? :)

The Fallen title
    I would suggest adjusting your note about profane damage to follow suit with the profane damage that DSP already uses, dealing 50% more damage vs good aligned targets.

The Ephemeral
    I like the change, but quite honestly, as a player I feel it may be a little strong giving additional teleportation speed with essence points. Perhaps extra essence giving a 2 stealth bonus instead?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Sword of the Moon Queen: While wearing medium or heavy armor, the batal does not incur movement speed penalties from her armor. The batal increases her armor bonus to AC equal to the amount of veils she has shaped. (If she does not have an armor bonus to AC, treat her armor bonus as +0.)

This feels a little redundant. Ive never heard of any armor providing an armor bonus of 0. Is this intended to provide armor if you wear none now, or is it a counter to some combo/skill exploit that I am unaware of?

As per the Batal change, I made a HUGE paragraph about what I disliked about the change before I realized I read how it works now wrong and deleted it, lol... <_<
    Now that we can bind to any slot at that level, its kinda cool, and an even trade to what is given up I feel too.
    I do have a big question tho about this change! I see it says not one way or another if the Batal can bind these veils to their allies still or if its only themselves, or if we need to take the bind feat just to bind title veils to our allies. Could you elaborate on your intent with this one please? :)

The Fallen title
    I would suggest adjusting your note about profane damage to follow suit with the profane damage that DSP already uses, dealing 50% more damage vs good aligned targets.

The Ephemeral
    I like the change, but quite honestly, as a player I feel it may be a little strong giving additional teleportation speed with essence points. Perhaps extra essence giving a 2 stealth bonus instead?

DSP errata'd Profane and Sacred damage to no longer deal +50% damage to good/evil targets, what's in the document is the normal there now.