New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3SC's Ironfang Invasion IC

Gilraen lowers his bow, and nods with satisfaction towards Rask. "Well shot," he comments, as he resumes his pacing near the fore of the group. Silently berating himself, he scans the surroundings deliberately as they walk, intent upon ensuring that they not be taken by surprise again.

He shrugs at all the commentary of Kining. Without more experience, the woman is just a Dwarf, to him. "Dwarves have their uses, for sure. Perhaps she yet lives and can demonstrate personally...."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena is, after a brief rise to her 'combat' stature, back to her normal self once the threat is eliminated, nodding at Aubrin's words and returning to her former position in the group, weapon ready and gaze constantly going off to the trees as she frowns, clearly a touch distracted.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Glancing at Gilraen, Narek murmured for those who may not know the woman, "Kining owns the Trading Company - she's grouchy and conniving and an exile from her homeland. She'd sooner sell blades to the Legion than take a loss in profits by supplying us ... but she'll honor her word and she's a good smith. Just make sure you're ... explicit ... in your arrangements.

Oh, and she knows more about the bridge than anyone else in town, so that should help."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Minor exposition, ahoy!

Status
    AC: 12 HP: 7 Init +9 Move 30'
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Weapon: Hvy crossbow w/18 bolts (10 MW)
    Spells: prestidigitation, detect magic, message; grease, mage armor, heightened awareness
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (8); wand of grease (11); unknown wand (25)
    Effect: prestidigitation (1hr)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena looks over at Narek as he begins to speak, the same expression on her face as when she'd listened to their hobgoblin captive earlier, though it remains frozen for a moment as he finishes, and she nods, looking off away from the group and shaking her head as if to cast away something floating around it.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Narek glanced back at Eyena, thinking to speak, but stopping. After a few moments of walking, he finally stepped closer for a moment and asked quietly, "Are you alright? I know people deal with stress and adversity differently, but you seem to be acting odd. Were you hurt?"

Show
    Okay, I'll bite ...

Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Spells: prestidigitation, detect magic, message; grease, mage armor, heightened awareness
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (8); wand of grease (11); unknown wand (25)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena looks over with a surprised look on her face as Narek approaches, a fading blush still visible on her cheeks. She furrows her brows at his question at first, before nodding. Then she says nothing. For a moment. Two moments. She coughs. Prepares to speak...doesn't. Waits another moment.

"Firstly, I state with legitimate heartfeltness the positive nature of your inquiry into my wellbeing. It is kind of you, to take time to think of the matter, during the present events which are unfolding," she says. "I am not injured, at this time. My behavior has a tendency to be what others would consider unusual, however this is not abnormal, for myself."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Trouble at the Trading Company

A distant pall of smoke and the increasing cacophony of destruction greets you when you arrive at the doors of the next building. The roughly L-shaped structure is located at the southern end of Phaendar's green, and as you clear the last of the buildings on the path, you see the dark shadow of the stone tower at the heart of the community. The Ironfang soldiers continue to spread steadily from the tower, covering the green and moving out to join their comrades in arms. But your ragtag group of survivors has a few more immediate concerns. A now decapitated signpost by the road announces the clapboard wooden shop and barn-like smithy sharing a single large, stone wall to be the Phaendar Trading Company. The smithy's double doors slightly ajar, the crack revealing a large, still-glowing forge within. Two slaughtered goats and a dead horse fill an adjacent animal pen. It's obvious that all is not well here.

Like the rest of Phaendar at this point, the Trading Company is occupied by hobgoblins. Four of them, to be precise. A pair of them stand ready with their blades and shields out, watching the plains for signs of attackers. A third - a stocky female with a single broken tusk - appears to be visibly wounded and wears bandages around her midsection. She still carries a bow, although she hasn't drawn it yet. And the last member of the Legion squad doesn't appear to be looking for threats behind him at all. Instead, he is busy waiting at the door to the shop, which unlike the smithy appears to be bolted shut from the inside. He doesn't try to break down the doors, instead waiting calmly, sword in hand, for them to open of their own accord. At first, it doesn't seem like much of a strategy. And then you see the orange glow of the fire.

Small flames lick at the thatch rooftop where a red-hot iron has been tossed, almost certainly by one of the invaders. As you watch, the fire now slowly spreads along the wet thatch. There's no telling where the townsfolk are inside the trading post: the wooden shutters are closed and appear barred from the inside. Some piled furniture is visible through the windows, blocking it as an escape route. Kining and whoever else is in there appear to have piled furniture up against all of the windows to keep the hobgoblins out. Chances are, they haven't even realized that the Trading Company is on fire. Without aid, they'll surely suffocate before they notice the flames and clear an exit. Even if they do, the hobgoblins will be waiting for them.

Show
    Map of Combat

Alright, here we go again! I've rolled Initiative in the Roll20, and all of you managed to beat the enemy initiative... except for Eyena. Again. Sorry, but that +1 mod is going to be crucial throughout the game. If you've got room in your build, I would highly recommend Improved Initiative at some point! Everyone else can post their Round 1 actions whenever, and then I'll catch the enemies up before we all go into block.

Now, as to the fire. At the moment you all arrive at the trading post, the fire covers one 5-foot square of the building's roof, which I have marked on the map. Thanks to the damp conditions, the fire has only a 50% chance of spreading to a new square each round (I'll roll in each of my round write-ups). Extinguishing one 5-foot square of burning thatch requires 12 gallons of water. I'm not going to tell you guys how many rounds the civilians barricaded inside the shop have left, but be aware that there is a definite number, so you might want to act quickly.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2017-07-23 at 11:21 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mort & Armina
    Level 1 Spiritualist and Phantom of Dedication
    HP 9/9, 7/7 | AC: 14, 14| Attack: +7 | Status: Charging (M), Aid Another (M)

*** Previously... ***

Mort blinked as Eyena spoke for the first time since the attack.

<Huh. I confess I never thought I would meet someone as awkward as I am.>

<Hush, Mort. Be nice.>

<What? It's the truth.>

<Now is not the time for remarking on social capacity, little brother. And if you do talk to her, I highly advise you don't use that as an opening remark.>

<...okay.>

*** Later, at the trading company... ***

Mort's eyes widened as he saw the iron - and realized what was happening.

<****. Even with the dampness, that fire is going to spread. Where's a rainstorm when you need one?!>

Armina spoke.

"We move fast. We delay, and everyone inside roasts."

Wordlessly, Mort and Armina charged at the nearest hobgoblin.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Armina will move 30 feet and use Aid Another.

Check: 18

Mort will use the Charge Action, allowing him to move double his speed and gaining +2 to attack at the cost of -2 AC.

Attack: 10

Aaaand swing and a miss.

Show
    Trying out a new post style.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Gilraen hurries forward as soon as he sees the presence of a threat. His steps fall quietly, still, homage to his training and experience as a woodsman. As soon as he arrives at the corner of the building, he takes aim and looses an arrow, hoping to catch at least one of the Hobgoblins by (relative) surprise.

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 1
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion
    M CG Elf Oracle (warsighted), Level 1, Init 5, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS MW composite long bow (56 arrows) +4 (1d8+2, x3 )
    quarterstaff +2 (1d6+2, x2)
    Studded leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 13
    Condition Charisma to saves vs enchantment
    Spells, 1st level: 3/4 remaining (CLW, DF, SoF)
    Martial Flexibility: 3/4

Stealth to approach unnoticed (by the guy guarding the door, in particular): (1d20+1)[7] (includes -5 for moving faster than half speed- movement noted on Roll20)

(1d20+5)[23] longbow attack vs the door guard, hoping for flat-footed AC (PBS included)
    (1d20+5)[22] CC (25, x3)
    (1d8+3)[8] dmg
    (2d8+6)[16] crit bonus

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

He ran forward, straight into the space left by Mort and Armina. As he moved, the big man brought his sword upwards in a huge arc aimed directly at the hobs head.

Spoiler: Round 1
    Show

Full round action charge.
    To hit (power attacking): (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[19]
    Critical confirmation: [roll]1d20+6

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

The hobgoblins standing watch almost don't notice your band approaching until you're almost upon them. As such, most of you are able to get into position before they can react and set up attacks of their own. "<Hadregash, save me!>", the soldier in front exclaims in his own language as first Mortimer, then Rask get up close to try and cut him down. His goblin hero god must indeed be looking out for him, as both members of your group miss him entirely. Narek and Gilraen prove to be much more successful in stymying the squadron, with a well placed arrow slipping between the shoulder blades of the hobgoblin at the shop door as a slippery patch of earth appears beneath his feet.

Recovering from the surprise, the Ironfang recruit currently engaged calls for his companions to rally themselves. "<Come on, let's kill these humans! Ashuq and Domuk, come in for a flank; Nytara, go for their archer!>" The other three hobgoblins don't hesitate to follow his orders, springing into action in coordinated maneuvers. Ashuq gets in behind Mortimer's guard, and although his own sword swing is a pathetic fumble, it opens the door for the hobgoblin giving the orders to score a blow on the man. The one injured by Gilraen's arrow, who answers to the name of Domuk, tries his best to move but collapses under the ensorcelled earth laid by Narek. He gets back up, growling in your direction as he charges towards the elf, sword raised. The last member of the enemy band moves to shoot in the same direction, but ends up shooting the side of the shop instead.

Thankfully, the fire on the roof remains fixed in one place. The wet thatch seems to be preventing the worst of the flames from spreading. But it's only a matter of time before it starts to consume the building.

Spoiler: Round 1 OOC
    Show
    Updated Map

A lot of misses this round: you guys were on balance more successful than the hobs. Gilraen hit the one by the door for quite a bit (he's bloodied), and Narek's grease stopped him from making an attack this turn, since he spent a move getting up from prone. The archer just missed completely, as did one of Mort's two flankers, but the other one dealt 4 damage to him.

Your NPCs haven't acted yet, since they're by and large holding back to let you clear the area. If you want them to do something specific, you can order them into battle or help douse the fire.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena rushes forwards with her weapon at the ready, coming to a halt by one of the hobgoblins engaged with Mortimer, bringing Blütenstaub to bear against him.

Show
    Charging in, woo!

A: (1d20+5)[13]
    D: (1d10+4)[11]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

As the chop sunk into the ground, he looked at the hob in front of him, judging the distance between him Armena and Mort. Rask pivoted to the left. He used the momentum of the pivot to swing the sword sidelong at the hob.

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show

Move Action: Studied Target on the hob right in front of Rask
    Standard Action: Attack
    To hit (power attacking): (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[15]
    CC if needed: (1d20+5)[11]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Before ...

Narek nodded at Eyena's response, letting the subject drop for now. With a wan smile he returned to keeping an eye on his family and watching for signs of the Legion.

Now ...

Having spoiled one hobgoblin's advance, Narek stepped back, slipped out the other wand and cast a bolt of force towards the hurt Legionnaire in combat with his companions.

Show
    MM - (1d4+1)[5]!

Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (7); wand of grease (10); unknown wand (25)

15. - Top - End - #135

Mort & Armina
    HP 5/9, 7/7 | AC: 16, 14| Attack: +5 | Status: Flanking

As one, Mortimer and Armina side-stepped.

<New plan. Instead of trying to throw him off-guard, we both go for him at the same time.>

<On it!>

Both of them swung...

Show
    Armina's Attack: 13
    Damage: Miss

Mortimer's Attack: 13
    Damage:

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"Aubrin! Can you not conjure water? Try to douse the flames!" Despite the threatening Hobgoblin, the wanderer's focus remains divided between the immediate and near-immediate threats. He steps away from the injured warrior, and releases another arrow at close range.

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 2
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0

5-foot step
    (1d20+5)[9] longbow attack vs the ex door guard. Was his HP updated on the Roll20?
    (1d20+5)[7] CC (25, x3)
    (1d8+3)[5] dmg
    (2d8+6)[12] crit bonus

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

As Eyena's bastard sword is the third attack in under a minute to miss one of the hobgoblin soldiers, their apparent de facto leader grins savagely at her, showing off a wide array of polished tusks. The smile fades very quickly, however, as Rask's blade gets inside of his guard and tears into his midsection. He staggers and coughs up a tide of red blood, but remains standing. Once again, Narek's magic proves essential, finishing the half-orc's job with a well-applied force projectile. The soldier, his face and body now badly mangled, tumbles to the ground of the trade yard. The rest of your crew doesn't fare as well, with both Mortimer and Armina missing their mark, and Gilraen's shot going wide.

"<No! Bastards, you've killed him!>" Nytara, the hobgoblin archer, continues to move backwards, kicking open the door to the bloody animal pen even as she draws back to release another arrow into the fray. It sails right over Rask to land point first in Narek's shoulder, tearing through the wizard's muscle to emerge on the other side. Her fighting companions do their best to stop you here, with varying degrees of success. The hobgoblin near Gilraen continues to charge forward to attack the archer, opening himself up to a minor backhand from Armina and a major counter from Rask. He doesn't make it to his target. The last of the Ironfangs grazes Mortimer, catching him with the point of his sword rather than the edge.

Aubrin is already moving by the time Gilraen calls her forward. Her wooden leg hinders her movement, causing her to pause and grimace as she makes her way through the yard. "I'm coming as quickly as I can, but I'm going to need some help if I'm going to put that out." She points at the growing blaze, which has already started to spread to a few of the dryer sections of the roof. It won't be long before it becomes too powerful to quench.

Spoiler: Round 2 OOC
    Show
    Updated Map

Okay, so this round was a bit more productive for you guys, less so for the enemies. Rask and Narek between them downed one of the four hobs, and while they got a few hits in (hitting Mort for 3 damage and Narek for 4), they were relatively minor. Armina got in an AoO on the hob who moved in on Gilraen, but for minimum damage.

On the fire front, Aubrin moved in but since her move speed is only 20 ft and she can't run, she couldn't quite close to cast her create water spell. And the fire did spread this round.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2017-07-22 at 11:59 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

He could do nothing for the fire for the moment, but he could do something about the hob engaged with Mort. Rask left the dying one at his feet and moved past the gap between Narek and Eyena. He took the last five feet in a massive step, using it's forward momentum to bring the sword down across the hob's body.

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show

Move Action: Move in between Eyena and Narek and down past the former so the hob is in between Mort and Rask.
    Standard Action attack
    To hit (power attacking): (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[15]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[12]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. Apologies, friend." Somehow, amidst the fray, he seems to spare the time (or distraction) sufficiently to appear ashamed of his gaffe. "Narek, can you dismiss the grease? We need to get people out of there!"

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 3
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion

delaying actions, pending Rask's attack and/or Narek's turn.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena, seeing the archer retreat and her opponent fall, decides to close as quickly as she can, remembering very well what Semfet had been able to do in only a few moments unhindered. Moving around one of the other hobgoblins, she moves to the animal pen but steps to the side near the door, so she at least has the fence for cover against the archer before she rushes in.

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Zoomzoom double move.

21. - Top - End - #141

Mort & Armina
    HP 2/9, 7/7 | AC: 18, 12| Attack: +1, +6 | Status: Flanking, Charge (Armina), Fighting Defensively (Mort)

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "<No! Bastards, you've killed him!>"
    Armina swung aroud, calling out in Goblin.

<You're next!>

Barreling across the battlefield, Armina swung at the goblin with all her might, while Mort, wounded as he was, took a more defensive stance.

"We gotta get these goblins down, get the others in to help! Any longer and the fire will spread out of control!"

Show
    Armina's Attack: 19
    Damage: 5

Mortimer's Attack: 7
    Damage: Miss
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-07-22 at 10:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Narek nodded to the elf, mentally dismissing the grease near the door. Hearing the exchange between the others concerning water, he mentally berated himself for not remembering about the simple cantrip. Before he could do anything, he grunted in pain as an arrow tore into his shoulder. Grimacing, he raised the wand, he fired another mystic bolt at the staggered hobgoblin, trustin the apparition to distract the hobgoblin archer.

Stepping away from the remaining Legionnaire, Narek called out over his shoulder, "Rhyna, get any other casters who know the partym aqua spell and help Aubrin!"

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Dismiss grease, 5' step, Magic missile Damage - (1d4+1)[5]

Status
    AC: 12 HP: 3/7 Init +9 Move 30'
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (6); wand of grease (10); unknown wand (25)

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as the grease disappears, Gilraen makes a beeline for the door. Pounding heavily, he tries his best to call over the din of combat, "The roof is on fire! You have to get out!" Hopefully, plain-spoken common is sufficient to prove he's not a Hobgoblin.

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 3
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion

Move to door
    pound on door

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

The last remaining hobgoblin soldier engaged on the front line has fought well, but like most of his comrades in arms who have had the bad luck of fighting Rask, he dies poorly. A single greatsword swing cleaves the meat from his bones, and once again a magical bolt of force from outside the melee fells him. What was mere seconds ago an organized Legion squad is now little more than offal and gore for the birds. Aubrin is the first of your companions to step through the carnage, her eyes fixed on the burning roof of the Trading Company. She gets closer to the flames, close enough to cast her magic and conjure up several buckets worth of water in the air above the worst of it. A series of sizzling splashes fills the air, and coils of smoke follow soon after.

A few paces away, Gilraen's arrival and knocks at the door are met at first with silence, followed by what sounds like people moving and the scraping of furniture. Then, a deep voice rings through the closed entryway. "Sounds a bit convenient to me! Why on earth would you destroy the store full of goods you're planning on stealing, eh hob? Don't think I don't know your kind can't speak the common tongue!"

With most of the enemy dead or dying at your feet, many of the villagers follow not too far behind Aubrin. A few of them - Reyna and the second acolyte with her - are the first to arrive, taking positions around where the fire is worst and preparing to cast their own spells to augment Aubrin's. "Alright, you ready Gelis?", you hear her call the young man beside her. "It's just a few sparks, nothing we can't handle! On my mark!" The concert of magic is not ready fast enough, however, as while Rhyna and Gelis prepare, a few 'sparks' ignite another section of roofing. It's obvious that the spellcasters alone will not be enough, so it's good that others have started to make their way towards the trough of water and buckets waiting in the animal pen.

And yet, there remains one last Ironfang soldier standing on the field. Nytara, according to the now-dying leader, grimaces in pain as Armina's ectoplasmic mass connects with a solid blow. Stepping out of both her and Eyena's range, her eyes narrow in hateful resolve. With retreat still an option, she decides to go all in and, stringing another arrow to her bowstring, shoots the dark-haired magus right through the gut.

Spoiler: Round 3 OOC
    Show
    Updated Map

So three of the four enemy combatants are down now, which means that most of the NPCs are moving in to help. Between Aubrin, Rhyna, and the other Adept, they can douse one single square of fire per turn, so they should be fine... but Rhyna & co couldn't get there without a double move this turn, and the fire has now spread to 3 squares of the roof, which means that I'll be rolling for 3 more squares next turn. They're almost definitely going to need more help.

Oh, and the hobgoblin archer confirmed a crit against Eyena this round, dealing 15 damage and knocking her unconscious. She's also in the pen, standing directly over the buckets that you'll all need if you want to put out the fire.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2017-09-08 at 11:17 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena narrows her eyes at the retreating hobgoblin, eyes flicking over to the door, past Armina, as she plots her advance. A sudden impact in her gut distracts her for a moment, but she seems to pay the arrow no mind, stepping forward once, then blinking and looking down just as she collapses, at least managing to use one arm, shoved against the wooden fence, to slow her journey to the ground a tad. Not that she'll notice the relatively soft landing, being unconscious.

Spoiler: End of Round 3
    Show
    Eyena takes no actions!

Stabilizing is not an action, though. And it's mandatory, depending on how you read the text. (1d20-3)[11]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"That is precisely why we are trying to put it out! Aubrin, see if you can talk sense into them!" Eyena falls, and the motion in Gilraen's periphery draws his attention hence. Stepping towards the corner again, he raises his bow. "Do not move. You have left plenty of space." Between Reyna and the acolyte, about 6 feet of empty air is suddenly pierced by an arrow streaking after the Ironfang archer.

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 4
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion
    PBS MW composite long bow (54 arrows) +4 (1d8+2, x3 )

5-foot step south
    shoot the archer, preferably before Armina closes to melee?
    (1d20+5)[12] attack
    (1d20+5)[25] CC (25, x3)
    (1d8+3)[9] dmg
    (2d8+6)[10] crit bonus

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rask moved over the third dying hob to the side of the smithy door. There was little sense in putting himself right in front of the dam thing, what with his appearance and any kind of panic the people inside were experiencing. Instead of charging headlong into the door headlong or hacking it down, Rask took a second to knock before aiming a kick at the area around the lock. Best place to kick in a door was around the lock.

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show

Move action: move up to the door
    Standard Action: Strength check to kick open the door. (1d20+4)[7]

28. - Top - End - #148

Mort & Armina
    HP 2/9, 7/7 | AC: 16, 14| Attack: +3, +2 | Status: --

Armina swung in vain at the archer (who dodged her attack), while Mort, realizing that Eyena was down, quickly ran over, tapping her with the wand.

Show
    Armina misses with an attack roll of 10, while Mort heals Eyena for 9 HP.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Narek moved swiftly up, uncertain how to assist with his magic anymore. Getting close to the archer seemed a ridiculous venture given his recent luck with arrows. For now, he gathered with the others near the doors, ready to advance and help with the water brigade.

The crackling flames were hot, too hot to reach the door. He struggled in frustration as his companions pulled him away, the screams of the trapped echoing in his ears.

They were too late.

As he neared the door, he heard the exchange between Gilraen and someone inside the door."Kining Blondebeard, open the door before you get everyone in there killed! They're razing the town - which means no customers for you!" Using his magic, he conjured a glowing piece of paper that slipped under the door.

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Move action ... prestidigitation create an illusionary page with pictures of Narek, Aubrin and Rhyna (and any other locals.)

Status
    AC: 12 HP: 3/7 Init +9 Move 30'
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (6); wand of grease (10); unknown wand (25)

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

"We're kind of busy at the moment, Gilraen!" Between Rhyna, Gelis, and Aubrin, the flames atop the shop of Phaendar's Trading Company are finally starting to recede. The trio of mages are making some visible headway now, and a whole section of hay and wood that was burning only moments ago has now been put out. Unfortunately, it's doing little to actively prevent the damage from spreading outward, as even more material catches afire along the roof's southern border. The other townsfolk don't seem too keen on getting too close to the fences where Eyena fell, despite Mortimer bringing her back with a well-applied healing spell. They hang back, watching the enemy combatant and waiting for one of you to take her down.

As Gilraen steps out of the way to fire another arrow into the distance, Rask takes a turn at a bit of percussive diplomacy. However, the half-orc's strength is much less effective against the door than a hobgoblin, and the wood holds firm. "Aha!" the voice from the inside cries, "I knew you monsters couldn't keep up a charade for long! Well, there ain't no way you can get us out - " the voice cuts short as Narek's spell takes effect. A pregnant pause ensues, followed by a terrible sagging and cracking as a whole section of the shop roof above starts to give way. You then hear several screams from within. If the fire is allowed to spread much further, whoever's in there will die. The only question is what will kill them first: the heat, being crushed, or the smoke inhalation.

Back to the south, the villagers aren't the only ones to have noticed Mortimer's magic. The hobgoblin's face turns into an open sneer, as she points her bow in the man's direction. This gives Armina an opening, but Nytara is too fast, and the phantom misses. Nytara, on the other hand, does not. A true cornered rattlesnake, she sends her quarrel deep into Mortimer's breast, so that only the feathers stick out. A red stain spreads across his armor. Not waiting to see the aftermath, the hobgoblin sees an opportunity. Stepping over the slaughtered carcass of a pig, she runs to the forge ward door and pushes through it, disappearing from sight.

Spoiler: Round 4 OOC
    Show
    Updated Map

Okay, the map has been properly updated now! I've had a chance to actually sit down at my computer and chart some stuff out, so I've marked the squares on fire currently with red/orange. Aubrin and everyone have doused one square now, but another one got lit up, still leaving you at three. Unfortunately, the archer continues to be awesome at rolls, and hit Mortimer for 9 damage on another confirmed crit this round, so it's his turn to go down.

That makes 4/5 PCs who have gone down to well-placed arrows. Gilraen, you're next.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.