New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3SC's Ironfang Invasion IC

As it turns out, a heartbeat was all that one member of your group needed to quiet the threat. Rask is the first through the door, the muscular half-orc's great blade raised in a tremendous arc that falls with a shattering impact on the earth elemental's hide. A solid, semi-metallic clang fills the air, and for the briefest of seconds it looks as though the planar interloper has withstood the blow completely. But then, you see the cracks spreading along the elemental's body. The sword digs deep, as the humanoid shape sloughs away and begins to crumble into ancient dust. Only its eyes - glimmering green, suddenly vulnerable - stare back at their assailant as they join the heap. The battle is won.

"Ah... ahem."

The voice appears to be coming from somewhere to the south of the forge. Mere moments after the elemental lies still, the hay situated around the hayloft begins to rustle, and two figures slowly emerge from it. Both of them are lean of limb and long of hair, although where the first is a man with golden locks, the second is undoubtedly female with raven tresses and a paler complexion. However, their features are incredibly similar, and their eyes - distinct hazel flecks in wide, elven-shaped lenses - mark them as half-elven siblings. It was the first of them who spoke, and he opens his mouth a second time. "Thank you very much for freeing us. We tried to hide in here, and that creature nearly got us too. All in all, a job well done, I think. The name's Taidel, by the way, and this is my sister Lirosa." As he speaks, he starts to rummage about on the floor near the edge of the hay, only to produce a bow which he holds up into the air triumphantly.

"Sorry, we don't have time to stay and chat," Lirosa says. "This town's still being attacked, but we've no mind to let these monsters win. We're going to hit them hard and keep hitting them, maybe buy some of the other folk who are trying to escape a bit more time. If any of you are interested in joining us, you'd be more than welcome." She says this with an eye towards Rask.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2017-08-05 at 10:06 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Rask moved forward and with one strike ended the threat. Blinking, Narek called upon his magic to seek signs of magic in the shop and forge. If the gen eyes remained, he would gather them up.

Upon finding the twins, Narek tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Look around, friends - we too are fighting back. But I would argue the town is lost for now, and we should be helping the people evacuate ... and protecting them in the wilds.

Perhaps you should join us?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting detect magic and scanning the buildings. Then Narek will try to help ... Aid Diplomacy - (1d20)[12]
    Status
    AC: 12 HP: 3/7 Init +9 Move 30'
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Weapon: Hvy crossbow w/18 bolts (10 MW)
    Spells: prestidigitation, detect magic, message; grease, mage armor, heightened awareness
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (6); wand of grease (10); unknown wand (25)
    Effect: prestidigitation (1hr)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rask stared in momentary disbelief at the pile of dust on the ground and on his sword. He turned around and looked at the others before shrugging and tearing the blade out of the flooring it was embedded in.

He dam near flung a dagger at the hay bale before the two half-elves had spilled out of it and stated their plans to go about waging war on the hobs. The big man slowly shook his head at that, even as he became aware that Lirosa was staring at him. He shrugged. Werent no sense in striking out on your own far as he was concerned.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mort & Armina.
    Level 1 Spiritualist and Phantom of Dedication
    HP 9/9, 7/7 | AC: 16, 14| Attack: +3, +2 | Status: --

Speaking to the half-elf siblings, Mort said:

"I, erm, agree with Narek. It's not that we don't appreciate your offer, but, um..."

"There are far more hobgoblins than there are people in this town. It is a fight that cannot be won, not today. But join us, help us to get the rest of the townspeople out - and there, you will be able to do good, and keep on doing good, rather than throwing your life away."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Armina gets all diplomatic!

(1d20+5)[17]
    Everything dissolves into blue.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

The two half-elves glance at Narek warily when he speaks, his words not quite yet falling on reasonable ears. Lirosa is the first to object this time, stringing her bow and counting the arrows in her quiver at the same time. "Judging by the way you took out that thing, I think you've got a better shot at taking care of the townsfolk. Us? We're hunters. And we've suddenly got quite a lot of prey out in our streets." Barely is she done speaking, however, when Armina voices her own plea. Taidel looks to his sister briefly, and her to him. Whatever communication that passes between them goes unheard, although you can tell that Lirosa is the more reluctant of the pair to give up on their idea of going it alone. After about an awkward half-minute of silence ensues, both of them turn to the ghost and nod in acceptance. "We'll go as far as the Fangwood with you," Lirosa continues, "and then we're gone. A group that big is too loud, it'll attract too much attention. Best if we can sneak up on the enemy."

As several of you are engaged with the brother-sister pair, Kining strides over to what appears to be a workbench affixed to the eastern wall of the space. Like the shop that you just left, the bench appears quite bare, but is actually shrewdly organized, with several pages showing various instructions and encoded Dwarven measurements for weapons and armor. Hanging from a nail over her the surface are several keys attached to a string. Each of them is made of what appears to be plain iron, but for several miniature runes engraved into their metal faces. Furthermore, affixed above the workbench is a large piece of slate. On said slate is a familiar drawing to some of you: the outline of Phaendar Bridge. The illustration is annotated in incredible detail, showing the various hinges and strengths of the structure, as well as a few weak spots. Kining has been more than methodical in her construction, a fact that she clearly basks in one last time as she swipes the keystring and hangs it over her neck.

"Not bad, aye? Took me the better part of a year to come up with the design. Not that any of you would appreciate it." The smith looks around at the forge with a hint of wistfulness, before getting ready to take her leave. "Take the time you need to study up. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you haven't hit Oreld's yet. He's got a nice little explosive he's been workin' on, calls it a 'stump remover'. Should work nicely."

Show
    Just as a quick note: anyone who spends at least 1 full minute studying Kining's sketches will gain a +2 insight bonus on any Craft (alchemy), Disable Device, or Knowledge (engineering) checks attempted to destroy Phaendar Bridge. Don't let me forget that - mark it on your character sheets for now if you have to!

You have also successfully recruited Lirosa and Taidel for now, so I'll add a pair more 1st level Warriors to your group of Refugees. They'll probably hang around at the back and pick off stragglers or enemies not in combat with their bows whenever they can. When everyone has posted again, we should be ready to move on to the next location in town.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Gilraen follows Rask into the forge room, his face clearly betraying his discomfort at the oppressive heat and dryness. His bow rises as the hay rustles, but he lowers it quickly upon realization of the source of the sound. "Indeed. Fortune favors the bold, and there is something quite valuable to be said for smaller parties."

The uncomfortable expression deepens, as he turns back to face the pile of dust, even now beginning to drift away on subtle breaths of air. "If you did not raise the elemental, and they obviously did not-" he pauses briefly to gesture to the fallen Ironfangs- "who did?" He frowns deeply. "I mislike this."

His posture remains wary, and he gives the dead Hobgoblins a wide berth as he approaches Kining. Easily peering over the Dwarf's shoulder, he begins inspecting the plans with the an eye equal parts obviously learned, but not trained in the specific intricacies. He nods slowly, making sense of some parts, and clearly doesn't understand others. Perhaps begrudgingly, he turns to Kining. "It is clear you know your craft well, but why would you make it so difficult to move?"

Show
    I'm not sure it's worth taking a full minute right now- Gilraen is not trained in any of those skills (though he has a natural +2 from ability mods). That said, if we can take them and plan to study them later, or if someone trained in the skills wants to study them now, go to it!

7. - Top - End - #187

Mort & Armina.

As Kining spoke, Mortimer and Armina took a measure of her for the first time since they had met the dwarf (having previously been concerned with other matters).

<A touch abrasive, isn't she?>

<Y-yeah. Even with the state things are in, this is a bit much for just stress. Still, she's the one with the plans for the bridge.>

"I-I, um, know a b-bit about how buildings fit together and such... I'll take a look at the plans, see how they fit together. And yes, we're headed off to Oreld's next."

<I knew he'd have the explosives we'd need.>

Show
    Mortimer will take a minute to study The Plans (he has a whopping total of 1 rank in Knowledge (Engineering). This will give him a total of +6 to checks made to blow the bridge.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-02 at 11:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena approaches the slate and looks at it closely, drawn from the mix of staring at the half-elves and glancing around the room she'd been doing before by Kining's words. She looks down at the drawing, nodding occasionally, and remains until interrupted.

Show
    Eyena will be staring at the slate for a full minute unless anyone has other plans for what to do in that time.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Narek nodded to the twins, shrugging at their desire to leave. For now, they would be extra hands to keep the people safe. He did pause at Gilraen's question, watching for Kining's reaction. "Excellent question ... Kining?"

When the others entered the forge, Narek stepped in, peering at the drawing for a bit. He paused a moment when Kining reached for the strange keys, eyebrows arched. Turning back to the drawing, he pulled out a sheet of paper and called upon his magic. Motes of color appeared in front of him, forming into a copy of the drawing. He focused and the picture zoomed in on the support sections. With a wave of his hand, he motioned them towards the sheet, his fingers moving with practiced agility. As the colors tougced the page, they merged, leaving a rough drawing on the parchment. With luck, he would have a workable copy of the bridge schematic ... or at least the critical support areas.

Show
    Using prestidigitation to create a copy of the picture and transfer it to some paper. He'll spread a few pieces out if necessary. Alternatively, he could create and outline and trace it out. Just in case, Craft - Drawing - (1d20+8)[10]

Looks like Narek can't do a disable device of KS Engineering (over DC 10), but Craft is no training required so any of us could try that! Let's get a +2 for that!
    Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Spells: prestidigitation, detect magic, message; grease, mage armor, heightened awareness
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (6); wand of grease (10); unknown wand (25)
    Effect: prestidigitation (1hr)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rask's face remained the same blank it had been moments ago while he chopped into the elemental. It was a bad situation, having to give up ones livelihood during the sack of a town. He could understand and weather any bitterness from that. Anything beyond and it would be just like being in the Irregulars again. Nothing new.

He'd never been much good at demolitions or wrecking things. Not at all. That'd typically been the sappers job, for they'd been much more dexterous in the application of explosives that the big man could ever have hoped to have been. Even so, Rask looked over someone's shoulder and tried to memorize the plans best as he was able to.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Your observation of the plans on Kining's impromptu chalkboard reveal the weaknesses of Phaendar's main bridge that spans the river and into the Fangwood. It's really a turn of luck that the construction isn't finished yet - with a largely wooden support structure, a well-placed explosion should be able to knock it out at the knees and collapse several sections of it. With the rapids as deep and fast as they typically are in the spring, the hobgoblins will need to rebuild it, which will take weeks. The dwarf has all of the measurements you need for the task. Narek's observations bear less interesting fruit, as they reveal no lingering auras or source of magic in the immediate vicinity. Nothing that could explain how an elemental from the Plane of Earth got to Phaendar.

Kining herself stands near the door, clearly still not thrilled to be doing what you're doing. She responds to Gilraen's compliment with a single "Hpmh," and his question with a straight stare. "I'm no professor. Far as I know, creatures like that aren't from around here. I didn't keep one in my forge before, if that's what you're getting at, Ears. Now, unless any of you wants to become food for the damned crows, I say we move along." This actually earns a series of nods from the pair of half-elves, although Taidel shoots Kining a glare at the derogatory name. Nevertheless, the siblings are ready to leave at a moment's notice.

Outside, the group is already assembled. Jet wears a bulky backpack that has been stuffed with supplies of all kinds, and Rhyna is counselling a few other villagers who look shaken from the sights and sounds of the distant violence that is consuming their hometown. You only catch the tail end of her mini-sermon. "... them to protect us, we will make it to the Fangwood! I don't know about any of you, but I've been longing for a bit of a getaway. Just as long as I don't get any tree sap in my hair!" This earns the assistant priestess a few titters of laughter from those close enough to hear her. Among them are Shara and Aubrin, both of whom hold one of Thel's hands as the boy chuckles alongside them.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Gilraen openly chuckles at the unexpected nickname (despite it's obviously derogatory bent). He turns towards the door, allowing the more academically inclined to study the plans. "Heh, if you care, my name is Gilraen. Otherwise, 'ears' will do." He continues to either be unaware of or unconcerned with the jibe, as he steps into the open air to keep watch. A sigh of relief accompanies the comparatively cool and drafty air.

His expression quickly dampens however, as Rhyna continues to describe the Fangwood as if it were a summer home. Stifling his objection, only his face betrays his irritation as he scans the area from the doorway. At Kining's suggestion, he nods. "I will lead the way."

Stepping off at a brisk pace, Gilraen eyes the crossings and stays watch while most of the civilians cross, before hurrying to the next building for cover.

Show
    Because it might matter, and I like rolling dice:
    (1d20+6)[26] stealth
    (1d20+6)[25] perception

13. - Top - End - #193

Mort & Armina.

Mort and Armina, being all business at this point, hurried along with the rest of the party toward Oreld's.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Closing Up Shop

With your whole group in tow, you once more set off across the blasted landscape that Phaendar is swiftly becoming. Plumes of smoke rise ever more thickly through the late Pharast sky as all you can see and hear is the Legion rolling over this little backwater town. And yet, with Gilraen taking point on leading you through the streets and around dangers, your band of survivors manages to avoid getting into any more trouble along the way. At one point, the elf is about to cross a lane, only for his superior senses to pick up snippets of goblinoid speech from around the corner. "<... bring the prisoners to the tower alive! Scabvistin wants a tally of all captured locals within the hour!>" The speaker comes into sight, a hulking bugbear with a monstrous bow over his shoulders and a pair of blades, escorted by an entire squad of troopers: far too powerful and numerous to engage on your own here. But the gods favor the elf, and he escapes unseen, allowing you to take an alternate route. As you all move, Kining and Aubrin take up opposite positions just behind your collective vanguard, allowing Taidel and Lirosa to pull out their bows and join Jet and others at the back. "I'm sorry we have to destroy the bridge, Kining. It would have been beautiful," the cleric says to your newest companion, which is met with a single grunt. Aubrin just sighs. "Well, glad to see you too."

Before too long, your group arrives at the last stop before your last destination. Oreld's Fine Shop - labeled with a small shingle hanging out front - is one of the few buildings in town made entirely of stone. Mortared white blocks form the walls of this oddly shaped cottage. Scorch marks that shift in color from black to dark blue to glimmering violet mar one wall; those of you well-versed in hobgoblin tactics recognize the signs of alchemical sappers and demolitions experts. But that's not all that greets you when you arrive at the shop. The door to the building stands slightly open and bloody footprints lead inside. You can see but through a crack, but you pick up the thuds of heavy boots on wood, the rustling of paper, and the low tones of voices from beyond the threshold. Whatever forces are inside don't seem to have noticed your arrival, as there are no signs of any change in their pace. If you play this right, you'll be able to catch the enemy unawares.

The Ironfang Legion is not done with Oreld's yet, it seems, and that means neither are you.

Show
    Map of Combat

So, we've made to to Oreld's! Just like the Shrine, you guys have the strategic upper hand here; you're not in immediate danger, as the looters inside have yet to notice you. You are free to engage however you so choose. Hopefully this time Armina doesn't spoil everything for you with a bad Stealth roll. I've taken the liberty of placing you all on the map in a rough formation according to everyone's various strengths (and putting Gilraen in front because Bink requested it).

Once you guys breach, I'll roll Initiative for everybody, but for now your characters should be able to speak to each other reasonably quietly without being heard.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2017-08-03 at 08:34 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Having copies the picture of the bridge and studied it, Narek was ready to travel on. He let the scouts perform their role, periodically casting about for magic all NG the way. I've they reached Ireld's, he leaned in to whisper to the others, "Can someone peek inside? With this many archers we should have the advantage..."

Show
    Detecting magic periodically
    Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Effect: prestidigitation (1hr); +2 to blow bridge

16. - Top - End - #196

Mort & Armina.

"I'd volunteer, but they spotted me last time, so I may have bad luck about me."

Armina turned to Rask and Eyena.

"Fortune, on the other hand, seems to favor you-"
    she pointed to Rask, "-and you seem quite agile." She pointed to Eyena. "Perhaps one of you would care to check?"
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-04 at 01:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

He looked and listened for a brief moment, trying to gauge how many Hobs might actually be inside the structure. And how many civilians. The pretty ghost speaking to him snapped Rask out of listening. He gave her a curt nod of acknowledgment, not wanting to speak on the off chance that he alerted the hobs or say something stupid. Instead he made sure Narek and Gilraen were ready with some sort of range support. He then looked to Eyena nodded once and began to approach as quietly as he could. He'd have to take it slow, as he was no longer a young man.

Show

Perception to maybe hear how many there are: (1d20+6)[9]
    Stealth to approach undetected: (1d20+4)[18]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Concentrating, Narek waited with wands in hand, uncertain which way they might go. He listened intently, then whispered, "Perhaps subterfuge might work ... screams of the innocent drawing these beasts out into our spells and arrows ..."

Show
    Make a noise, drop a grease at the door, laugh as Rask smashes anyone coming through the bottleneck and our archers pincushion anyone else moving up ...
    Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Gilraen breathes quietly through his nose, satisfied simply at having guided the entire group this far without incident. He shakes his head at Narek's suggestion. "But who knows how many others might hear," he whispers, raising his head to gesture to the ruined village around them. "No. We need to be fast, as relatively quiet. You three-" he points to the other archers- "join me, here." He points to his flanks, leaving room for the four of them to have clear visibility through the door (when it opens). "Everyone else, if you have the means to attack from range, prepare yourselves."

He turns back to the hulking Half-Orc in front of him, with an oddly amused expression. As his allies prepare to invade the shop, he nods. "Rask, go in or out, but be quick about it."

Show
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a surprise round, but I highly suggest Rask pushes the door open/pushes into the room, and all 4 archers prepare actions to fire into the space (at hopefully flat-footed targets). Gilraen will stay put, and I suggest having the other three archers placed as noted on the map.

readied attack for when Rask opens the door//I can see an enemy
    (1d20+5)[25] (counting PBS)
    (1d20+5)[14] CC (25, x3)
    (1d8+3)[11] dmg
    (2d8+6)[16] crit

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena, the door opening before her, steps forwards into the room, looking in each direction and then turning back the way she came to step back out of the door, giving Gilraen a nod as she passes back out of the doorway and returns to her position, weapon ready.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rask shoulder's sagged into a relaxed position as he realized the hobs inside hadn't noticed them. Lucky that. Just as Gilraen's words hit his ears the big man shouldered through the door, surging towards the hob on the left of the shop.
    Last edited by n0ble; 2017-08-04 at 07:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Slipping forward with the others, Narek waited until he had a clear view into the room. With many of his companions moving in, he elected to cast his spell deeper into the room.

Show
    Grease where the square is ... sorta
    Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (6); wand of grease (9); unknown wand (25)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

For the first time since the Legion soldiers broke down the door at the Taproot, your group really and truly displays that you have the upper hand. Your timing is precise and your movements fairly coordinated, with Rask getting up close first and, determining no enemies are in the immediate vicinity, pushing the door open all the way to reveal the confines of the shop. The storefront consists primarily of a desk, a few crowded shelves, and a cluttered window display, all of which have been ransacked by invaders. In fact, three of them remain inside, though none within reach of the door. Eyena is through the gap first, getting a good look at all of the enemies before darting back out to stand by the entrance. Two of them seem dressed up in the usual uniform and bear the weapons of the fighters you have been engaging most commonly thus far. The third, however, is of a different sort: he wears lighter armor, and his green-gray skin is scarred with what look like chemical burns, especially around his fingers. Not to mention, instead of a sword and shield, he carries a crude mace and has a row of spheroid explosives and other alchemical devices affixes to various places along his belt. He turns to face the open door, a snarl on his face.

It's too bad for him, then, that Gilraen's arrow is so well-placed. Well within his bow's killing range, the elf lets a deadly stroke fly, and the back wall of Oreld's shop is soon painted red with enemy blood. The saboteur's head is all but split apart by the concussive force of Erastil's blessing, and he crumples without a sound. Following up on the scout's attack is a small barrage from your allies, and although none are able to match the standard set by the first attack, one projectile does graze the hobgoblin to the west. Turning, he tries to ascertain the source of his pain, only to collapse helplessly on the newly created spot of magically created slick when Narek uses one of his newly acquired wands. That's when the last members of your party move forward: Rask and Mortimer charge through, each taking one of the surviving Ironfangs, Armina gliding through the southern wall to join her brother. The half-orc reaches his target first, his greatsword ready to cut down the fallen hobgoblin should he try to rise.

It's only when you are inside the confines of the store that you realize that there are actually four humanoids present in the store. Besides the three soldiers, the body of a man lies slumped up against a shelf near the door. He's middle-aged, Taldan by the looks of him, with light brown skin, amber eyes, dark brown hair, and a neatly trimmed goatee. He wears a shirt whose cuffs are stained with unknown substances and breeches under a thick leather apron. He also has a javelin protruding from his stomach, and looks to have lost most of the blood in his body. His features are just about pure white, and it's difficult to tell whether or not he's still alive. Any of you who have visited the shop before for supplies or healing know this man to be Vane Oreld.

Spoiler: Surprise Round OOC
    Show
    Updated Map

Looks like you took my advice and actually used your surprise round properly this time! Thankfully Rask got his Stealth roll up, so you guys were able to formulate a solid battle plan... or at least storm the building in style. Gilraen took out the enemy grenadier in one shot, and while the rest of the archers weren't as useful, they still scratched one of the two soldiers. Narek's grease got one of the remaining enemies, and I took the liberty of moving Mort and Armina up to engage the third while Rask deals with the now-prone one.

Everyone is in position for Round 1 now, and I have already rolled Initiative. First Eyena, Gilraen, and Narek will be able to take their Round 1 actions, then the hobs go, and then we go into our usual block with Rask and the brother-sister ghost team. I thought I had been rolling Initiative the other way, but this works out better, since Mantas is away today.

Spoiler: Vane Oreld
    Show
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2017-08-05 at 11:03 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena once again goes through the open door, though this time she continues forwards rather than turning back around, Blütenstaub held ready as she rushes to the prone hobgoblin, slashing down at him before he has time to stand.

Show
    Move in, and attack! Graa!

A: (1d20+3)[21]
    D: (1d10+4)[6]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Narek Skyskin

Narek glanced back at Shara and Thel ...

... the bodies lay twisted and burning, wounds still visible on them from here ...

... And shook his head, motioning for them to stay back. Gritting his teeth, Narek slipped in and moved to Oreld's body. Maybe he could stop the bleeding ...

Show
    Going to try first aid on Oreld's Heal vs DC 15 - (1d20+2)[17] (or use my prescience roll of 16 from the roll d20.

Perception - (1d20+4)[14] for anything else in the room (or use the 16 from prescience if my first aid works ) Perception: 20
    Status
    F +0 R +2 W +4
    Prescience: 4/7; wand of magic missile (6); wand of grease (9); unknown wand (25)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2017-08-05 at 11:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Gilraen steps forward, pleased with his shot. "Lirosa, Taidel, block the windows. Let none of the Ironfang out without a fight." He steps into the room and frowns, the space too cramped for an easy shot. Pressing deeper into the room, he takes up a position where he can see the surviving Hobgoblins, and hopefully punish them further for their intrusion.

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 1
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion
    M CG Elf Oracle (warsighted), Level 1, Init 5, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS MW composite long bow (54 arrows) +4 (1d8+2, x3 )
    quarterstaff +2 (1d6+2, x2)
    Studded leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 13
    Condition Charisma to saves vs enchantment
    Spells, 1st level: 2/4 remaining (CLW, DF, SoF)
    Martial Flexibility: 2/4
    MF: precise shot (10 rounds)

Move as noted on Roll20.
    Use Martial flexibility for precise shot.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

With most of you now present in the store, the battle takes on a more cramped atmosphere, although the advantage you had from getting the drop on your enemies appears to have snowballed into an early victory for your side. Of the two remaining assailants, one is hemmed in by the pair of Mortimer and Armina, and the other lies on the floor with both Rask and Eyena ready to cut him down should he rise. He's already wounded from both an arrow and a cut from Blütenstaub. Sure enough, the moment he moves, the half-orc's greatsword is already swinging in a downward arc, going into his upper shoulder and finding his softer organs. He tumbles right back down to the floor and does not try to get up a second time. With two of the three enemy occupants dealt with, Gilraen charges through the door, his bow sweeping across to focus and take aim at the last one. With any luck, you will be well rid of the hobgoblins here in a matter of moments.

The fight is not without a few costs, however. Narek - the last through the door - finds himself by Oreld's side, and for all the mage's ministrations, it does not take him long to realize that the shopkeeper will never rise again. Vane Oreld has been dead for a little while now, at least a few minutes, but less than an hour. And the last Ironfang soldier, not seeing many options for escape despite the door behind him, strikes out at the closest target he feels confident he'll hit: Mortimer. The spiritualist goes down in one hit, Armina dissipating under the strain of unconsciousness. Kining, who has stumbled in behind Narek to watch the whole thing. "Oh, for the love of -" the dwarf exclaims, "if you can't take a good hit from a blade, then what use are you?"

Spoiler: Round 1 OOC
    Show
    Updated Map

Pretty much what Kining said! I kid - that was just really poor luck. Mort and Armina are down now, so Gilraen should be able to shoot without PBS now ironically. The other hobgoblin tried to get up and ate an AoO from Rask, which ends him after getting hit by Eyena and that arrow previously. I see you guys wrapping things up here in pretty short order - but then again, I seem to roll depressingly well for enemies who should know better than to stay in the game.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Eyena pauses focusing for a moment and, waiting for Gilraen to launch his arrow before closing herself, stepping over the unconscious Mortimer in order to leave room for Rask to close in and join her, then strikes.

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Swift to use an Arcane Pool point to make weapon +1, then move and attack.

A: (1d20+4)[21]
    D: (1d10+5)[7]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing both the need and the opportunity, Gilraen looses another arrow, despite the close confines of the ransacked shop.

Spoiler: Gilraen, round 2
    Show
    Gilraen Súrion
    M CG Elf Oracle (warsighted), Level 1, Init 5, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS MW composite long bow (54 arrows) +4 (1d8+2, x3 )
    quarterstaff +2 (1d6+2, x2)
    Studded leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 13
    Condition Charisma to saves vs enchantment
    Spells, 1st level: 2/4 remaining (CLW, DF, SoF)
    Martial Flexibility: 2/4
    MF: precise shot (10 rounds)

Sigh heavily.
    Shoot the thing
    (1d20+5)[12] (w/ PBS)
    (1d20+5)[13] CC
    (1d8+3)[4]
    (2d8+6)[19] CB

30. - Top - End - #210

Mort & Armina
    HP -1/9, 7/7 | AC: 16, 14| Attack: +3, +2 | Status: Stable

As the sword pierced his chest, Mortimer had but one single thought.

I know I wanted to gain a greater understanding of death, but this is NOT what I had in mind.

Sadly, he lost consciousness before he could get a good comeback on Kining.

Show
    Rolling to Stabilize!

(1d20)[18] vs DC 10.

Though his luck at avoiding strikes was low, Mortimer's luck held out another way, as his wound stayed closed and did not begin to bleed out.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-06 at 01:49 AM.