New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,491 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Four games with minionless spellhunter, four victories. Around rank 20, but still. It's fun, and got the needed new cards for free, so personally already happy with this expansion.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2017-12-07 at 03:29 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

2. - Top - End - #1472

Managed to get to an 8th boss with Warrior, but lost to Deathwing. Some things never change.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Orc in the Playground

How come we are at page 50 without deciding the next thread title?

How about Hearthstone 21: How long can this go on?
    A bit outdate, but this meme must continue on, and on, and on...

Also, have yet to open my packs, gonna share when I get home too!
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle!!

opened 57 packs...mage weapon..priest weapon..and shaman critter for legos(and rog weapon as the freebie)

first dungeon run = dungeon completed as priest
    though last boss was a real nailbiter against the feasting demon(removes top 2 cards of your deck every turn for free)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's day one and I'm already done with the dungeon delving. I see no need to ever play this mode again.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle takes my vote as well.

free weapon was Paladin (nice), 10th pack gave me the Warrior one, which is kind of annoying because i don't own Ysharj and i don't feel like crafting him.

Paladin weapon hitting a Doppelgangster is as silly as it sounds.

I really wanted to hit either Hunter legendary, i might just craft them. Hope they turn out to be good.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-12-07 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

I vote for "Hearthstone 21: How long can this go on? "

Got the Hunter weapon for my free weapon and the Priest weapon for my first in 10 packs legendary.

Still haven't opened enough packs or had enough time to make a deck.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    How about Hearthstone 21: How long can this go on?
    A bit outdate, but this meme must continue on, and on, and on...
    What's the meme? It just looks like generalized complaining to me.

Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle! gets my vote until someone suggests something better.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-12-07 at 06:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

I think we'll need a few more votes for the thread title. No preference myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    That makes no sense to me. Why would a handbuff mechanic want to be in control? Seems to me it would fit much more comfortably in midrange or aggro - taking already cost-effective minions and giving them even more value.

Also, there is a potential hidden interaction with this card and minions that copy themselves, like Saronite Chain-Gang and Doppelgangster - which, again, fit more comfortably in midrange.
    Because the point of the card isn't simply to be a handbuff mechanic, it's that it's infinite value. A weaker form of it than Jade Idol, to be sure, but infinite value nonetheless. As a handbuff mechanic alone, it's pretty weak - we've seen before how badly single-target handbuffs work, and throwing it on a weapon isn't going to change that. Especially not when it's more attack than health, which is a generally undesirable stat array for a buff.

And this into Chain-Gang or Dopplegangster won't work for the same reason Don Honcho into them never did - just too unreliable.

Anyway, the launch. As my freebie legendary weapon, I got... the Hunter one. Aka 400 dust, since I dust all Hunter cards. Well, ain't that an auspicious start?

Opening 25 packs between saved gold and freebies, notable pulls:
    Guaranteed early Legendary: Dragoncaller Allanna. Okay, glad this is one I'd actually at least experiment with.
    Other Legendary: The Runespear. Ugh, 400 more dust....
    Epics: Call to Arms, Dragonhatcher, Astral Tiger, Level Up, Carniverous Cube.
    Rare: One Duskbreaker! Yay, it wasn't all a waste!

And I'm now sitting on 4.1k dust. Well, 900 of it's going to another Duskbreaker and two Twilight Acolytes. Just need to figure out what I want with the rest. Might just end up being old cards - I'd like to get in on Raza Priest while it's still in the format, and I have neither him nor Velen. Though at the same time, feels bad crafting a card that's going to rotate out in four months and another that'll probably go back to being bad when that happens...
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #1480

We Do Take Candle gets my vote as well, although "How Long Can This Go On" is a close second.

Also, did my first dungeon run. It was... highly amusing. I cast Magic Missiles at The Darkness.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-12-07 at 07:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1481

Planetar

64 packs here. Got Woecleaver, Dragoncaller Alanna, Togwaggle, and a golden Master Oakheart

Ended up making a recruit druid
    Spoiler
    Show

### Dragon Oakheart
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 2x (2) Wild Growth
    # 2x (2) Wrath
    # 2x (3) Jade Blossom
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (4) Astral Tiger
    # 2x (4) Ironwood Golem
    # 2x (4) Oaken Summons
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 1x (6) Bone Drake
    # 1x (7) The Curator
    # 2x (8) Grizzled Guardian
    # 2x (8) Primordial Drake
    # 2x (9) Dragonhatcher
    # 1x (9) Hadronox
    # 1x (9) Master Oakheart
    # 1x (10) Deathwing, Dragonlord
    # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
    #
    AAECAZICBuCsAp+wArmyAsfLAq/TAvHqAgxAX8QG5AjLvALKwwLJxwKU0gKo0gKE5gKL5gLd6wIA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Did my first dungeon run. Odd mode, but not bad I guess. I actually only barely scraped in the win on that last battle - he burned almost all of my power cards, leaving me with relative scraps for most of the fight. Had I not drawn one of the OP cards I drafted (a super magic missiles that did 8 damage per missile for 3 mana) and then, on my literal last draw before he milled my last two cards, Kazakus, I would've lost. As it was the former got me back into the game from behind and I got Kazakus to give me a 10 mana spell that summoned an 8/8 demon and three minions that had died, which fortunately gave me my two biggest dead minions (Inkmaster Solia and a Bog Creeper I'd pulled from Unstable Portal) plus just one of the small ones. And even then it was only his inability to deal with the 8/8 on the turn he cleared the rest that let me win.

I have to ask though... is A.F. Kay just a literal free win? Or is there supposed to be something that you might accidentally do that could make her actually fight back? I mean, I get the joke, but come on.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-12-07 at 08:03 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Apparently if you take too long, she wakes up and fills her board with 8/8 minions.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

blackseed was so brutal. I even increased the cost of his minions by 1 and he still brutalized my elemental mage. I did quite like the format.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

and dungeon runs do NOT count toward quests(other than "defeat X dungeon bosses" type)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Dwarf in the Playground

21: Spellstones are a Girl's Best Friend

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Barbarian in the Playground

Got 4 legendaries off of 16 packs, not too shabby.

Golden Skull of Man'ari
    Zola the Gorgon
    Geosculptor Yip
    Kathrena Winterwisp

Got 800 dust, thinking about saving up to craft Togwaggle or Kingsbane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I got 212 packs, between preorder, amazon coins, and gold I had saved. Results... not auspicious. This game gives so little value for the money it is ridiculous.

Spoiler: Going into detail because I tracked stats as I was opening this time
    Show
    For the record here, I started with 5,195 dust. I had a bit of 7k gold saved, plus the freebie packs from quests. I stopped at each checkpoint to DE duplicates/goldens, to compare what I got from each set of card packs.

Spoiler: Free Packs Stats (82 packs)
    Show

Dust: 7,515 (+2,320)
    Missing Commons: 2 (managed to not pull any Kobold Apprentices)
    Missing Rares: 11
    Missing Epics: 41 (1 duplicate epic that got dusted)
    Legendaries Collected: Twig of the World Tree, Val'anyr, Temporus, Grumble Worldshaker, Zola the Gorgon
    Luck Rating: -7.48 (average value per pack of 90.77 dust vs global average of 98.25 according to HSPackTracker)

Overall this set wasn't too bad. We get the free first 10 packs legendary, then the next 70 packs got me 4 legendaries, right about on average with what I'd expect. I suspect the luck rating being low was mostly just getting screwed on Goldens here. Overall, pretty solid pull. I'm not thrilled about Twig (I believe it is a good card, it is not a good card I am interested in playing), or Temporus (I don't think this one is even good for memes), but the other three are all pretty good.

Spoiler: Preorder Packs Stats (50 Packs)
    Show

Dust: 9,660 (+2175)
    Missing Commons: 1 (seriously still missing one apprentice)
    Missing Rares: 5
    Missing Epics: 30 (forgot to check how many I dusted here, don't think it was more than 3. I can check the pack tracker later if anyone cares.)
    New Legendaries Collected: Kathrena Winterwisp
    Luck Rating: -12.32 (average value per pack of 85.93 dust vs global average of 98.25 according to HSPackTracker)

So this preorder... was not good. Seriously over the course of 50 packs my average dust per pack went down 5 points.

For reference I just did the math, in my first 82 packs I earned 90.77 dust per pack. In my next 50 packs I earned 77.9 dust per pack.That is so far below average it is ridiculous. In 50 packs I pulled a single legendary right at the pity timer, and the goldens were practically non-existent. The one legendary I got is not one I really cared to play. So overall pretty disappointing.

Spoiler: 80 packs bought regularly through Amazon Coins
    Show

Dust: 14,430 (+4770)
    Missing Commons: 0
    Missing Rares: 0
    Missing Epics: 21 (6 duplicates dusted)
    New Legendaries Collected: Master Oakheart, Skull of the Man'ari, The Runespear
    Luck Rating: -9.83(average value per pack of 88.42 dust vs global average of 98.25 according to HSPackTracker)

Good news, these packs were not nearly as heart breaking as the preorder. But as far as the value for literally $100.00 worth of packs goes? ...meh. I got 3 legendaries, only one of which I consider really worth using (Oakheart), though I will likely experiment with Runespear. I did end 7 packs away from pity timer, so I'll probably be buying packs or playing arena for the next few days until getting that last legendary before starting to save for next expansion. For comparison, dust per pack in this set was 92.5, so a bit better even than the first set of packs, even if it was still a bit below average. If I had gotten the 4th expected legendary here, I probably would have been spot on. Got a golden epic or two in this set that carried my overall value.

Anyway, on the bright side, I ended my expansions pack openings with enough dust for around 9 legendaries, though a lot of the epics I was missing are pretty viable so it'll likely end up being having to pick 6-8 more legendaries to craft, leaving me having to pick another half dozen I won't use. Since I picked up a lot of the ones I had hoped to be able to pass on... that is going to be tough.

Spoiler: Missing Epics
    Show
    Missing Epics, for the record: Astral Tiger, Branching Pathsx2, To My Sidex2, Deck of Wonders, Call to Arms, Level Up, Psychic Scream x2, Windshear Stormcallerx2, Cataclysmx2, Bladed Gauntlet, Shimmering Courser x2, Arcane Tyran, Carniverous Cube, Spiteful Summonerx2

Total legendaries obtained from 212 packs: 9
    Total legendaries still missing: 12
    Players who blew 150 bucks and still have to make a lot of tough choices about what to play: <-This guy

In other news, I did play some dungeon run. My first one failed quickly as I tried going for a buff priest and got brickwalled by the Priest dude opening with two shadow word pains on my early minions. 3rd game and I was out.

Second dungeon run went all the way with a Dude paladin. Very early on got the Improved Hero Power boost, and from there just grabbed silver hand synergy cards when offered. My final boss was a Beholder boss who played like a Quest Warlock. He summoned 3 of the dudes who cause you to discard a card when it takes damage. I just pinged them down with my army of dudes, discarding the entire hand (including the quest after the quest completed). Run was super easy.

Third run I'm currently midway through with an Enrage/Dragon Warrior that is doing pretty well. 5 or 6 bosses deep, with doubled battlecries. Have had some fun shenanigans like Primordial Drake for a free Flamestrike, the one finisher dude coming in as a 12/12 when the opponent is below 15, and the 3 damage battlecry turning into 6 damage. Oh and the deal 1 damage, if it survives give it 2 attack? Giving a friendly minion +4 attack suddenly has been nice. Especially when I could land it on the windfury enrage minion. Not sure if it's good enough to go all the way but I like it so far.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

19. - Top - End - #1489

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle!!
    This gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    What's the meme? It just looks like generalized complaining to me.
    The next Grim Patron

My experience so far with Dungeon Run is more legendaries=more wins.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I think that's enough votes for the Candle thread title to call it. New thread is up.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Dropping in to say that this dungeon is the most fun I've had playing hearthstone in a long long time