Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I was trying to do it as Priest, and either the Bone Spikes would come down when I didn't have a Pain, or I would be able to deal with them but wouldn't have a way to OTK without being able to steal them and I would just get attritioned out.

It's possible I would have had better luck as a different class, but Priest is the only class I've made effort to build decks with on that account so that's what I went with.
    Pain, Silence, Potion of Madness, Shadow Madness, SW:Horror... I am pretty sure priest is the class best equipped with early game tools to mitigate or eliminate Marrowgar's bone spikes. Your particular deck may not have, but priest definitely has the tools. I'd be more worried about trying to do it on hunter or something, where I'd be praying for turn 2 poison proc off the adapt.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Pain, Silence, Potion of Madness, Shadow Madness, SW:Horror... I am pretty sure priest is the class best equipped with early game tools to mitigate or eliminate Marrowgar's bone spikes. Your particular deck may not have, but priest definitely has the tools. I'd be more worried about trying to do it on hunter or something, where I'd be praying for turn 2 poison proc off the adapt.
    Potion of Madness/Shadow Madness actually doesn't work - the Bone Spikes fire at start of turn, meaning that the Potion just gives you a useless 0/8 which returns to your opponent's side and smacks you for 15. Unless you have a full Divine Spirit/Inner Fire combo (which actually didn't occur to me to try), stealing it that way does nothing.

To steal it and have it actually be effective, you need Cabal Shadow Priest or Mind Control. There's that new 6-cost spell as well, but that requires eating 15 damage so it's not ideal.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Colossus in the Playground

I did it with Silence/C'Thun priest. All the C'Thun cards, two Mass Dispels (which I never wound up drawing), two Silences, two Spellbreakers, two Acolytes of Pain. Its deck doesn't seem to have hard removal, so I could play C'Thun long before it had a chance of actually killing it, to clear its board (even had Marrowgar stolen Shadow Word Death from me and used it, I would simply have Doomspeakered C'Thun back into my deck).
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

4. - Top - End - #784

Just had an amazing game. Had a "Play 50 priest cards" quest so took my meme deck into Wild. Ran into a fellow priest... in this case a Quest Priest with N'zoth.

The game ran all the way through, not to fatigue, but to the hard turn limit. There was a total of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Archmage Benedictus played by the end of the game. When we hit turn limit and exploded, I had 40 cards left in my deck, he had 30. He had played his Amara. I had a stolen copy of his Amara in my hand (he friended me after the fact and found that fact hilarious. He had no idea, and thought he was closing in on having me beat having knocked my health down to around 15).

We had on multiple occasions a point where one of us would play Obsidian Statue, the other would mind control or embrace darkness it, and just spend about 3 turns pushing it back and forth (between our two decks getting one to stick on the board for an extended period of time basically was the win condition... neither of us was particularly successful at it).

In any case, it was a beautiful game. I would have been happy if there were no turn limit and we were able to keep pushing it until one of us actually managed to grind the other down or hit fatigue (I am reasonably sure neither of us had another Benedictus up our sleeves to draw that out any further), but as it was it meant we got to experience an awesome game, make a new friend out of it, and no hard feelings on either side. The way hearthstone was meant to be played.

5. - Top - End - #785

My janktastic C'thun deck just took down Putricide and Sindragosa. I look forward to bringing my wacky old god cult to bear against the Lich King!
    I one-shot Putricide. Sidragosa took a couple of tries (I learned to my sorrow that Doomsayer cannot clear the icicles from my board) but I got her eventually by clearing her board with trades, dropping her to 21 life with my Smites, and dropping a 22/22 C'thun. She froze it (twice) but that didn't stop its Battlecry from continuing to trigger and finishing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Hm, yeah, Priest is most likely not the class best-suited to that boss. And I'd tend to think that any adventure is going to be pretty difficult to get through if you only run one class, almost regardless of which one it is.
    Eh, I beat literally every boss in the adventure with Priest except Saurfang, and the only reason I couldn't with him is because he had that BS immunity to non-weapons.

But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Alphonse by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Eh, I beat literally every boss in the adventure with Priest except Saurfang, and the only reason I couldn't with him is because he had that BS immunity to non-weapons.
    Sounds like a fun challenge for high roll priest. Try to summon/resummon Lich King a few times and kill Saurfang with Frostmourne as your only weapon option.

Actually you can probably steal a bunch of weapons from his deck as well. Seems doable, but would want/need a deck tailored to it.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sounds like a fun challenge for high roll priest. Try to summon/resummon Lich King a few times and kill Saurfang with Frostmourne as your only weapon option.

Actually you can probably steal a bunch of weapons from his deck as well. Seems doable, but would want/need a deck tailored to it.
    I actually tried that a couple times with a meme Priest and got unlucky with my steals. Definitely a good giggle, I should give it another shot.

8. - Top - End - #788

Oh definitely, a Steal Priest could nab all his weapons and kill him with them, and I can think of little that would be more satisfying. But on the other hand, like I said, my deck is F2P and doesn't have nearly the toys needed to pull that off. So instead, I just threw together a quick Control Garrosh to do the trick. I had gotten not one, but two Molten Blades (one gold!) from brawling, and one of them morphed into those tentacles that return to your hand every time they break, so I always had a weapon handy to swing into his face with the time that I beat him.

But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Alphonse by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #789
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Completed all three bosses in the second wing with the same deck - my janky End Of Turn Buff Priest that I've been playing about with in Wild.

Obviously it was great against Blood Queen - the initial buff from the bite was all I needed to keep them alive and boosting each other the whole match. Took a couple of attempts against Putricide to get used to his changing forms. Sindragosa, just kept healing and buffing a Lightwarden until she one-shotted Sindi. Yes she got turned into an ice block but Sindi was already dead, so it was kind of academic.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

10. - Top - End - #790

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRocks View Post
    Completed all three bosses in the second wing with the same deck - my janky End Of Turn Buff Priest that I've been playing about with in Wild.

Obviously it was great against Blood Queen - the initial buff from the bite was all I needed to keep them alive and boosting each other the whole match. Took a couple of attempts against Putricide to get used to his changing forms. Sindragosa, just kept healing and buffing a Lightwarden until she one-shotted Sindi. Yes she got turned into an ice block but Sindi was already dead, so it was kind of academic.
    Care to post a deck list? Drakkari enchanter is a card that I feel like the community is sleeping on, and I am curious to see what you're doing with it.