New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Yeah, between this and Deathstalker, I wonder if we have a chance to see Yogg and Load control hunter make a showing.

I am imagining a deck with Deathstalker, Putricide, 2 Cloaked Huntress, and Yogg. Then 25 spells.

Probably not consistent enough because if Deathstalker's at the bottom of your deck you eventually get overwhelmed. But if we get any sort of tudor mechanic for hero cards, I want to at least give this a shot. (Personally I'd love something like 3 mana 1/1 draw a hero card from your deck to your hand. Basically a worst statted version of that Secret Mage card).
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    But if we get any sort of tudor mechanic for hero cards
    Well, I guess Rexar's is a royal marriage between two beasts, but otherwise I doubt we'll see anything referencing English successions in this set.

Or maybe that's who's going on the Frozen Throne next? The possibilities...
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well Putricide looks like it has potential. Seems to follow the Lyra and Antonidas formula of "do a thing to get more things" except you don't have to pay mana for the Secrets generated. And this way it's a Secret to both players!
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I am imagining a deck with Deathstalker, Putricide, 2 Cloaked Huntress, and Yogg. Then 25 spells.
    I remember when I tried out a Secrets Hunter I used Barnes because the major targets were deathstalkers, granny wolves, and highmanes. I'm presuming as a "hero" type card, it wouldn't get copied by Barnes.

That's 4 early drop "magnify the power of your secret" cards. Fairly consistent to draw at least one, there.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Well Putricide looks like it has potential. Seems to follow the Lyra and Antonidas formula of "do a thing to get more things" except you don't have to pay mana for the Secrets generated. And this way it's a Secret to both players!
    The player controlling the secret can always review which secrets are active by mousing over them.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

It's card review season!

Mm.. The smell of new cards.
    I think I'll add to my old post and keep my list updated for now.

Spoiler
    Show

Death stalker rexxar: the hero power is actually a downgrade. Hunter hero power is the best lategame. Don't think it'll see play.
    Chill blade champion: bad.
    Spirit Lash: Good, or at least "has a lot of potential"
    Plague Scientist: bad. Too many requirements for an effect that is worse than Cold blood
    Shallow Gravedigger: meh. Maybe better than loot Hoarder for Nzoth decks
    Prince Keleseth: maybe sees play in quest Hunter, nowhere else IMO.
    Ticking abomination: bad.
    Ice Breaker: trash. Even if they print other good freeze cards, I don't see this being played.
    Prince Taldaram: it's... Not a very strong effect. Not good.
    Mountainfire Armour: "decent", which means no competitive play. But nice card!
    Blood Razor: good! I think we'll see this card. Patron warrior is out of Standard, but maybe we'll get more damaged interactions (and Acolyte Armorsmith etc are still here)
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel: absolutely terrible trash.
    Nerubian Unraveller: even worse than Blood queen
    Professor Putricide: This will follow the trend of Princess huhuran and be bad and see zero play.
    Ghastly Conjurer: probably bad? There's maybe some potential for it, but I'm doubtful.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-07-26 at 01:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    The player controlling the secret can always review which secrets are active by mousing over them.
    Yeah, but since it's a random Secret (which common sense would dictate does not duplicate ones you already have active) it might not be one that you ever planned to put in your deck.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Ghastly Conjurer is very good. The MI triggers Time Warp, discounts Arcane Giants and gives you protection from a potential turn 4-5 kill. It is weaker against decks like Beast Druid and Totem Shaman but they are still the difference between lethal and remaining with 5-6 life which is crucial when you have played Ice Block Turn 3.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Conjurer's ok. It's good for Exodia Mage, but that deck wasn't very good.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

New rogue spell

2 mana common: give your weapon life steal.

Ugh. I mean, 2 mana for... 4-6 health over a few turns, AND weak to Ooze AND only works when you attack something, AND is completely useless without other cards (weapons or weapon buffs) (which, by the way, don't exist yet).
    Nope.

Spoiler
    Show

Death stalker rexxar: the hero power is actually a downgrade. Hunter hero power is the best lategame. Don't think it'll see play.
    Chill blade champion: bad.
    Spirit Lash: Good, or at least "has a lot of potential"
    Plague Scientist: bad. Too many requirements for an effect that is worse than Cold blood
    Shallow Gravedigger: meh. Maybe better than loot Hoarder for Nzoth decks
    Prince Keleseth: maybe sees play in quest Hunter, nowhere else IMO.
    Ticking abomination: bad.
    Ice Breaker: trash. Even if they print other good freeze cards, I don't see this being played.
    Prince Taldaram: it's... Not a very strong effect. Not good.
    Mountainfire Armour: "decent", which means no competitive play. But nice card!
    Blood Razor: good! I think we'll see this card. Patron warrior is out of Standard, but maybe we'll get more damaged interactions (and Acolyte Armorsmith etc are still here)
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel: absolutely terrible trash.
    Nerubian Unraveller: even worse than Blood queen
    Professor Putricide: This will follow the trend of Princess huhuran and be bad and see zero play.
    Ghastly Conjurer: probably bad? There's maybe some potential for it, but I'm doubtful.
    Vampiric poison : terrible.
    Sindragosa : good card! I'd say better than Medivh (which is played), so I expect this to see play in control mage.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-07-26 at 01:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mage gets the best toys
    Spoiler: Mage Lego
    Show

Dr. 8? Can't wait to try this with N'Zoth for major shenanigans.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Ghastly Conjurer is very good.
    Where was that?

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Mage gets the best toys
    Spoiler: Mage Lego
    Show

Dr. 8? Can't wait to try this with N'Zoth for major shenanigans.
    I'm not all that impressed. Looks very, very slow, and random Legendaries tend not to be very good.

Has more potential in Wild, where it helps out Reno Fatigue Mage. Don't see it happening in Standard unless Mage gets better sustain.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Leeching Poison is bad, Sindragosa is cool - would be great if the 0/1s got taunt, but might be too slow as is. Two new cards have been revealed:

Bring it On: 2 mana warrior spell: gain 10 armour, reduce the cost of minions in your opponent's hand by 2. This is... less bad than it looks, as a tech choice against specificially mage. Their decks have historically run fewer minions, and this helps counter a minion-light burn strategy.

Coldwraith: mage 3 mana 3/4: Battlecry, if an enemy is frozen draw a card: This seems actually pretty good. freeze isn't too hard for mage to get, stats are solid for cost, effect is great when it triggers.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Bring it On: 2 mana warrior spell: gain 10 armour, reduce the cost of minions in your opponent's hand by 2. This is... less bad than it looks, as a tech choice against specificially mage. Their decks have historically run fewer minions, and this helps counter a minion-light burn strategy.

For Control/Taunt Warrior it isn't even that bad against other classes. If you're sitting on a Brawl or Whirlwind/Sleep you really don't care if they play out their hand full of minions. Against other Control decks that can be bad since it lets them play a powerful spell AND a good minion, but against decks like Pirate Warrior and Aggro Druid you're quite happy for them to spew all their minions onto the board.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Voodoo Hexer
    Show

Rare Shaman Minion - 5
    Taunt, Freeze any character damaged by this minion.
    2/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    For Control/Taunt Warrior it isn't even that bad against other classes. If you're sitting on a Brawl or Whirlwind/Sleep you really don't care if they play out their hand full of minions. Against other Control decks that can be bad since it lets them play a powerful spell AND a good minion, but against decks like Pirate Warrior and Aggro Druid you're quite happy for them to spew all their minions onto the board.
    It's another thing to combo with Shield Slam, too. Opponent plays Alex on you? Bring it, Slam, back to 25 at least. Gives you even more removal potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Spoiler: Voodoo Hexer
    Show

Rare Shaman Minion - 5
    Taunt, Freeze any character damaged by this minion.
    2/7
    Oh look, it's the Shaman Freeze card to go with the bad shaman weapon. Too bad the stats are so awful.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Huh. That's...huh.

I can easily see it ruining my day; I'm just having a hard time picturing a deck in which it wouldn't be just about as likely to ruin its controller's day. The Yogg-Saron decks it seems to be specifically targeting were already wrecked by them revising the rules for Yogg-Saron.
    I saw it suggested that Loatheb mk 2 would be good in Handbuff Paladin. Very minion heavy, not many spells.

Handbuff Paladin stinks though. I like the card, seems interesting.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Obviously Leeching Poison is the reason they had to nerf Blade Flurry. Getting all that healing would just be too much!
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Obviously Leeching Poison is the reason they had to nerf Blade Flurry. Getting all that healing would just be too much!
    I don't believe it even works; same way that Blade Flurry doesn't work with Envenom Weapon.

They should just revert the nerf on Blade Flurry and Hall of Fame it. Let those people who loved Oil Rogue get their toy back.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-26 at 06:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Unraveler strikes me as a tech card choice. Basically, if Miracle Anything (Rogue, Priest, and Jade Druid come to mind) is dominant, this card dials it back. Works like the crab cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Oh look, it's the Shaman Freeze card to go with the bad shaman weapon. Too bad the stats are so awful.
    Yeah, no kidding. Like the weapon itself, that one kind of baffles me. I mean, even if you dropped it to 4 mana, it would arguably still be worse than Water Elemental. At 5 mana, no way does that see play, even with the insta-death ice weapon to combo with.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-07-26 at 09:45 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. Like the weapon itself, that one kind of baffles me. I mean, even if you dropped it to 4 mana, it would arguably still be worse than Water Elemental. At 5 mana, no way does that see play, even with the insta-death ice weapon to combo with.
    It has Taunt, so it's a pain to get through if you're aggro, which makes it better than Water Elemental in many ways. Very comparable to Alley Armorsmith, except that Alley Armorsmith has a ton more synergy with Warrior (Taunt for Taunt Warrior, Armor gain for Control Warrior) and allows Warriors to survive longer against aggro. Unless Shaman gets a lot more freeze synergy, I don't think it'll see play in Constructed. Probably a decent Arena card.

Would have been interesting if it was an elemental.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-26 at 10:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I mean...so long as you reliably have freezing (which we might see with new Shaman cards), the weapon is three hard removals for one card, at the cost of life (which Shaman has many ways to restore). In Wild, with access to Healing Wave, it'll be nuts if you have regular access to freezing. Great in a grindery control Shaman.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2017-07-26 at 10:46 PM.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    I mean...so long as you reliably have freezing (which we might see with new Shaman cards), the weapon is three hard removals for one card, at the cost of life (which Shaman has many ways to restore). In Wild, with access to Healing Wave, it'll be nuts if you have regular access to freezing. Great in a grindery control Shaman.
    Reliable is the big word here. Even with the 2/7 taunt, Shaman has access to exactly 4 freeze effects, and all of them are sub-par at best, with the possible exception of glacial shard. There needs to be a few more really good freeze effects for the strategy to see any play.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #296
    Firbolg in the Playground

Reliable is the big word here. Even with the 2/7 taunt, Shaman has access to exactly 4 freeze effects, and all of them are sub-par at best, with the possible exception of glacial shard. There needs to be a few more really good freeze effects for the strategy to see any play.
    At this point I am expecting the Death Knight for shaman to have freeze synergy.

Speaking of I can't believe we haven't had another death Knight reveal yet.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, this is "Knights of the Frozen Throne" and we have seen at least two freeze-related cards for Shaman...

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Bearshark
    Show

Common Hunter Minion 3
    Can't be targeted by spells or hero powers
    4/3 Beast

Spoiler: Hadronox
    Show

Legendary Druid Minion 9
    Deathrattle: Summon your Taunt minions that died this game.
    3/7 Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

......Bearshark just seems to be a Hunter version of Faerie Dragon...

while Hadronox.....ooooh, I can see that being frustrating to play against considering the Druids jade elephants and other taunt minions if they get that off. but would it be worth for a Druid to do that, even considering their ability to speed up their mana?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Am I missing a joke with Bearshark? I mean, Frankensteining beasts and all that, but that particular combination is weird even by Hearthstone standards. Were there Bearsharks in Icecrown Citadel or something?