New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

It is a somewhat difficult decision to make - the difference between starting a 0/0 run right before the release and holding on to a current run is really opportunity cost. If you have a terrible deck that's sitting on 2 losses, chances are it's better to wait. Except...if you have time to get another deck to X wins and 2 losses, by holding off and not playing you lose all those rewards. If you have a really good deck that's on 2 losses, chances are you're better off going for it with that deck and racking up the higher rewards rather than losing those by waiting. The worry with that is that if you roll an even better deck with the next run, you can wind up losing out even bigger.

It's tough to say when you should stop, other than "have a run open when it hits for the free pack". I think if you don't normally play Arena, it doesn't matter anyway - you already aren't playing it, so you aren't losing out by just letting the run sit. If you play a lot of Arena, you should keep playing until you would usually stop playing on the day before the patch. Then, assess things. If you're at less than 2 losses, it's probably worth staying on a little later to push the win counter up that bit more. If you're at 2 losses, the question becomes "how good a deck is this?"

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

BTW, accessing the Battle.Net/Blizzard Client on your computer and clicking "Gifts" will give you a free Hearthstone Pack.

Also, in other pack news, I finally got my 3 packs from Purple; too bad it was all 40 dust packs =P

Finally, I drove 45 minutes to the nearest Tavern to get Nemsy. The Fireside interface seemed a bit buggy, but I managed to get one Brawl in to get the portrait before my phone decided that Hearthstone wasn't going to work anymore.

What decks are people playing? I'm not playing Tempo Rogue, because I'm saving my dust for next expansion and will wait to see what OP comes up next; I'm not crafting Prince Keleseth without knowing what the next expansion looks like. In the meantime, I'm mostly playing Jade Druid (when I don't want to think) and Razakus Priest (when I do want to think). I've tried Big Priest, but those games where you literally do nothing until turn 8/9 are so annoying.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

I got four packs from the tournament thingy! Picking Surrender randomly did work :D

Also yeah, Gifts now exist and i got a free pack, but I still have no idea on how to gift them. I tried purchasing one from the shop and there was no gift option.

Welp, we'll see. Manni and Thirsting and whoever else EU I see online, you're getting a pack for Christmas.

Currently playing Miracle Rogue, fun and pretty strong.

Haven't crafted much this expansion, I pulled DK Uther and am super sad it isn't good.
    However, I also pulled DK Rexxar, and Naga Giants deck in Wild is really fun to play.

Considering crafting Keleseth to play some Zoo, which I always enjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Keleseth is surprisingly versatile and worth crafting. It's a staple in both Rogue and Warlock, and I've been seeing variants of Pirate Warrior who run it. I've personally been experimenting with a Keleseth Quest Hunter, and doing better with it than I anticipated.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Keleseth is surprisingly versatile and worth crafting. It's a staple in both Rogue and Warlock, and I've been seeing variants of Pirate Warrior who run it. I've personally been experimenting with a Keleseth Quest Hunter, and doing better with it than I anticipated.
    I'd still need to craft either the Rogue Legendary with stealth (the 2/3 guy) or DK Gul'dan for the Keleseth decks. I think I also need another Vilespine. (Decks are pretty expensive dust-wise now)

I have the dust, but I haven't felt the need to play other decks at the moment.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

So, the arena event has popped up. You get to combine two classes, getting cards from both (and the hero power of the second one you choose).

I'm running a Rogue/Druid. Ethereal Peddler is terrifying.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    I got four packs from the tournament thingy!
    Oldboy only got me 2, but one of them had Lana'Thel in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    So, the arena event has popped up. You get to combine two classes, getting cards from both (and the hero power of the second one you choose).

I'm running a Rogue/Druid. Ethereal Peddler is terrifying.
    My first run is Druid/Priest, drafting was definitely an adventure. Games themselves are fun, but I keep forgetting that the hero powers are different.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Currently doing Shaman/Warlock with Deathseer Thrall, which works pretty spectacularly. Spin through the deck quickly, use Jinyu Waterspeaker to heal back up, then go into the late game with Thrall. Kara Khazam + Thrall is particularly hilarious.

Also, God Bless the newbies to Arena that get brought in by the events. Yes, please play Millhouse Manastorm. What could go wrong? Except Lava Burst + Feeding Time + Thrall on turn 5...

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm currently doing a Druid/Rogue that's 4/2 thus far. In one game, Lotus Agents got me Deathseeker Thrall against a Shaman/Warlock. And in another, I got Shadowreaper Anduind off of a Hallucination against a Priest/Mage.

Good times. Though the Priest/Mage played Benedictus twice, so it's his fault his card draws were terrible, my deck is pure common/rare garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

10. - Top - End - #1180

Did my two free arenas, got a Shaman+Warlock that got to 4 wins, and then a Paladin+Hunter that went to 5 wins. Neither was spectacular, but both were above my average, and neither was a particularly good deck (no really fun synergy combos, and I have continued my streak of Arenas with no legendaries, now up to 6 arenas since last drafting a legendary card).

Really wanted to get a rogue to try Peddler shenanigans, but never drafted it once. On the bright side didn't run into it on the other side of the board either. Think I might try actually paying for a couple more arenas and see how it goes.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The other class combination that seems to work really well (if my 4-1 record so far is any indication) is Hunter/Warlock. Grab the standard Hunter cards, mix in a bit of Zoolock, then just go aggro and use Life Tap to keep throwing down small minions.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

My first Mage-Priest game was a fun turnaround - enemy got a Daring Reporter off and it got huge, but Ice Block into Embrace Darkness into Bonemare gave me a wall he couldn't break. Molten Reflection sealed the deal.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Welp, second run was also a Druid-Rogue, and I got destroyed, went 0-3.

Now I paid for another run, got a Mage-Rogue with both Shaku, The Collector, and Frost Lich Jaina, as well as Ethereal Peddler. Should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

14. - Top - End - #1184

New Brawl is fun and, unusual for a solo Brawl, looks to have some replayability to it.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

went kitty costume the first try and won
    tried the other two costumes and didn't even get to the end stage
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I managed to win with all three

A lot of it always comes down to if you can deal with a Pumpkin on turn 2.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Witch goes a lot smoother if you get a 4-mana Wild Growth and can start dropping big taunts early to preserve your face.

The Pirate you want to ignore your normal instincts. Throw your weapons at his face and sacrifice your minions for board control. It's a long fight, so your health is a crucial resource. Once you've gotten to stage 2, drop Cookie (Who should be pretty big by now) for the win.

The Cat...I got lucky. King Mosh off an Infestation. I tagged his second form with a Grevious Bite on an adjacent minion and instakilled it with Mosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #1187

Pirate seems to be the easiest, followed by Cat and Witch. Cookie is a brutal hitter for Stage 2, and your pirates are cheap enough to contest the board early as long as you don't over-commit before his turn 7 nuke. Cat is a constant supply of minions with the power and things like Infest, letting you recover fast from a pumpkin or Fear. Witch struggles early game, where killing pumpkins is crucial - late-game is its forte, with all of its taunts and healing and self-bounce options to re-establish control.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Pirate seems to be the easiest, followed by Cat and Witch. Cookie is a brutal hitter for Stage 2, and your pirates are cheap enough to contest the board early as long as you don't over-commit before his turn 7 nuke. Cat is a constant supply of minions with the power and things like Infest, letting you recover fast from a pumpkin or Fear. Witch struggles early game, where killing pumpkins is crucial - late-game is its forte, with all of its taunts and healing and self-bounce options to re-establish control.
    Agreed with your analysis here. Witch is seriously hard mode, and requires a really good draw to stand a chance. I went through several games of dying before ever having a chance to do anything.

Pirate on the other hand I breezed through on first attempt, never even had a chance to play Cookie. Cat took a couple of tries but one I got the hang of taking advantage of the hero power it was easy.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, totally different experience i guess.

Played the three choices once each.

- Cat: Lost. i just kept taking damage. Fear killed my board, then finally i got able to finish with Savage roar... except second phase rolled in and i had nothing left. GG
    - Pirate. Rather easy thanks to the legendary. just keep punching until you can drop the thing with 15 or so attack and win in two turns
    - Witch: Surprisingly super easy. Got a really lucky Volcanic potion on 3, which saved me, but i barely took any damage afterwards, with the ton of taunts you get. Also hint: Don't double-cast Spirit Echo
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Huh, totally different experience i guess.

Played the three choices once each.

- Cat: Lost. i just kept taking damage. Fear killed my board, then finally i got able to finish with Savage roar... except second phase rolled in and i had nothing left. GG
    - Pirate. Rather easy thanks to the legendary. just keep punching until you can drop the thing with 15 or so attack and win in two turns
    - Witch: Surprisingly super easy. Got a really lucky Volcanic potion on 3, which saved me, but i barely took any damage afterwards, with the ton of taunts you get. Also hint: Don't double-cast Spirit Echo
    Different experiences again here.

Cat: Won so easily I was disappointed. He never managed to get on board and I kept flooding the board with the little kitties. Fear killed my board on turn 7 but I had plenty of gas to refill it with.
    Pirate - Incredibly hard. I barely scraped through on my 6th or so attempt by stacking weapon buffs. I never got to save up the Legendary - I kept on being in situations where if I didn't drop it NOW he would aggro me down.
    Witch - Completed on first try, with a double-cast Feral Spirit protecting my big minions. The Horseman didn't summon anything until turn 5 or so. I still nearly lost when I lost the board, but for some reason he decided to leave a pair of 3/1 Panthers on the board when he had cheap minions to kill them with. He hit me in the face for 4, and the Panthers killed him in return. Fair trade, I say.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Oh my god, I just ran into a Rogue/Druid in Arena whose opening curve went something like this:

Turn 2: Jade Claws
    Turn 3: Jade Blossom
    Turn 4: I forget
    Turn 5: Aya
    Turn 7: Jade Lightning

He also hit me with not one, but two Spreading Plagues and an Ultimate Infestation. Literally a better-than-constructed Jade Druid. And somehow I still won with my 'meh' Rogue+Mage. Craziest game I have played.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Spamalot in the Playground

^ It's not that surprising - he probably passed up better cards for more Jade synergy once he had enough pieces to start him down that road. And skill and luck are always factors too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

i find it interesting that in this tavern brawl everyone seems to have different costume ranks. Like for me witch was the easiest by far, beat it multiple times, while for the life of me I can't win as the pirate. (got the quest to win five so I played it a lot. 4 wins as witch one as cat).
    Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment.
    -The Mouse that Roared

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by king korath View Post
    i find it interesting that in this tavern brawl everyone seems to have different costume ranks. Like for me witch was the easiest by far, beat it multiple times, while for the life of me I can't win as the pirate. (got the quest to win five so I played it a lot. 4 wins as witch one as cat).
    The Pirate one, you have to not get greedy when dropping Cookie, but you also need to be patient with Cookie--you'll need him to come out as a ridiculously overstatted minion, just don't wait too long.

Witch, I've found it to be very dependent on what spells you get. Grab a Wild Growth in your opening hand, and you're golden. (One game, I managed to get both copies in my hand, so T2 Wild Growth into T3 Wild Double Growth into an eventual GG.)

Haven't played Cat enough to evaluate.

I really really hope Witch is their way of testing out a new mechanic for an expansion (probably one coming out next year). I love mechanics that require you to puzzle-solve to use effectively, especially for Arena.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Anyone else having trouble signing in today? I'm on iPhone, and I can't get past the initial loading screen.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble signing in today? I'm on iPhone, and I can't get past the initial loading screen.
    No, haven't had any problems on PC or on my Android device. Try uninstalling/reinstalling?

Anyway, I've been having a lot of fun with this dual class arena. I don't know why I find it so compelling, given I rarely play the dual class brawls more than one and done, and usually am not much of an Arena player. Just for comparison, my Hearth Arena log (which I've had running since August of last year, so 13 months), had a total of 20 arena runs recorded before this week. I may have played as many as 3 without being signed in. About half of those have been since the free runs that were offered with the Frost Festival in July (I've averaged around one every week since then).

Now, since Wednesday, I've had 12 runs. Best run was a Priest/Rogue I just finished, worst was a Rogue/Druid that went 1-3. Overall average is sitting at 5.25 wins, and my gold is just about breaking even (started with 5500g, currently at 5400g, have completed daily quests each day since Wednesday, so realistically would be at 5800g if I was not doing arena). Honestly I've been having fun just playing, and wouldn't mind if I lost gold on it, but overall I would call 400 gold for 12 packs and a couple hundred dust a fantastic deal.

Anyway, stepping away from the discussion of the brawl, is anyone else out there wasting way too much time on this new mode?

Anyway, fun random stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

-In 12 drafts, I have picked up a total of 3 legendaries. Best one being Lich King in my 3rd Run (Paladin/Mage), followed by Velen on my 9th run (Priest/Rogue), followed by Raza on my most recent run (Priest/Rogue).
    -Over the 12 drafts, average Deck Score is ~72.2. This is above average for a normal arena, but am not sure where the average currently is on dual class arena.
    -My highest scoring deck (77.3) was below average performance (4 wins)
    -Lowest scoring deck (68.9) scored slightly above average (6 wins)

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Spamalot in the Playground

Witch was easy. The other two were irritating (especially Cat) because he has so many clears; Hellfire, Felfire, the Pumpkins, Fear, even Cleave - it's bloody unbelievable. Meanwhile you're stuck with crap like Bigglesworth.

Pirate was a lot more consistent at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Witch, I've found it to be very dependent on what spells you get. Grab a Wild Growth in your opening hand, and you're golden. (One game, I managed to get both copies in my hand, so T2 Wild Growth into T3 Wild Double Growth into an eventual GG.)
    Wild Growth later isn't bad either, as it becomes Arcane Intellect when doubled.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

28. - Top - End - #1198

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    No, haven't had any problems on PC or on my Android device. Try uninstalling/reinstalling?
    Didn't help. I googled it, looked on the Blizzard forums, didn't find anything. Guess I'll... wait for the next patch, then.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Planetar

Psyren, Wild Growth actually becomes 4 mana draw 4 when doubled. Each of the "Excess Mana" cards were doubled.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Psyren, Wild Growth actually becomes 4 mana draw 4 when doubled. Each of the "Excess Mana" cards were doubled.
    4 Mana draw 2. Excess Mana just pulls 1 card.