New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Do you get attached to your character sheets?

This happens to me sometimes, when I draw in the margins and get attached to the drawings. It also happens with my DM notes.

When I lost the scrap of paper I wrote my first major NPC's statistics on, I was so sad. At least I could remember them, though.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Do you get attached to your character sheets?

Keep using the old sheet until unusable, then transfer and keep the old. The sheets carry game history. The order things are written in reflecting when they were acquired, the eraser smudges scars of various encounters, the colored-pencil scratches from various character art projects, the strange-colored splotches as reminders of the camaraderie and poor eating habits of the players (Which is one of my gripes with my current table group - the ringleader has a strict "no food at the table" approach. A character sheet isn't a proper sheet until something has been spilled on it.).

I clean out every so often, but there are a few sheets that I will probably hang on to forever. The Kobold Fighter/Thief from college days...
    Why yes, Warlock is my solution for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Active Abilities are great because you - the player - are demonstrating your Dwarvenness or Elfishness. You're not passively a dwarf, you're actively dwarfing your way through obstacles.