Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Well I bought all the CEs for NO WEST, and all the Prisms from Lotuses, now I'm just farming Buns for Embers and Fous.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Well it depends on what you enjoy in Fate Grand Order, the comedy or the serious parts. I like both but the serious part is a much bigger part of it for me because the jokes are hit and miss for me but...uh....based off what I know, I wouldn't expect too much light-hearted fun from Camelot.

And definitely not from Babylon considering its the Singularity before the end of Chapter One of the story. Expect awesome, terror, and despair.
    I find the hit or miss parts of the jokes to be because the game doesn't have the greatest translation work done on it. Some parts feel rather awkward at times and the dialogues can definitely be off.

Unrelatedly, the lvl 90 mission was nowhere as bad as I thought it would be. I got Sanzang to 9K HP before everyone died, so I probably could have gotten away with using a single command spell to get someone to max HP at some point earlier rather than wait for everyone to die to use all three.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

okay, the translation team for this game is... special.... they choose to ignore many previous translations and have invented some really unique and rather insane translations for names.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-06-12 at 11:52 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I find the hit or miss parts of the jokes to be because the game doesn't have the greatest translation work done on it. Some parts feel rather awkward at times and the dialogues can definitely be off.
    Its not so much that the translation is bad that the jokes, to me, just aren't that funny. I know Red Fel was a big fan of, say, Nobu's room in the KnK event but it just felt massively atonal for me and also just wasn't that funny to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, the translation can be off but asking three people to do accurate translations in addition to the rest of the localization process they have to do..I don't mind that so much.

For me though, I like the dramatic parts of FGO much more than the joke-y ones which can be hit or miss with a pretty even split for both sides.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #1235

Today I farmed enough Rider embers to get Ushiwakamaru from 30 to 67 in prep for Onigashima. Wheeeeeee. Later tonight I'll do her strengthening and see how high I can get her skills. Apparently I can grind like crazy when I want to.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well it depends on what you enjoy in Fate Grand Order, the comedy or the serious parts. I like both but the serious part is a much bigger part of it for me because the jokes are hit and miss for me but...uh....based off what I know, I wouldn't expect too much light-hearted fun from Camelot.

And definitely not from Babylon considering its the Singularity before the end of Chapter One of the story. Expect awesome, terror, and despair.
    The serious parts are good too. It's very apples and oranges comparing the humour and the drama, but so far No West has my favourite writing.
    E Pluribus Unum just dragged too much in parts. I skipped a looooot of cut-scenes there. Camelot will probably hold my attention more though, because bias.

Unrelatedly, the lvl 90 mission was nowhere as bad as I thought it would be. I got Sanzang to 9K HP before everyone died, so I probably could have gotten away with using a single command spell to get someone to max HP at some point earlier rather than wait for everyone to die to use all three.
    I managed to clear Sanzang without using command spells, weirdly. Had much less trouble than with other quests in the event. Maybe I was just super lucky with my command card draw?

So I can't be bothered farming for the last few event items. I have servants to level, man! Just hope we can sell off spare lotuses.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Today I farmed enough Rider embers to get Ushiwakamaru from 30 to 67 in prep for Onigashima. Wheeeeeee. Later tonight I'll do her strengthening and see how high I can get her skills. Apparently I can grind like crazy when I want to.
    Noice. I'm working on my Benkei and Emiya. And maybe Kiyohime. We'll see if I bear to part with my ascension mats or not.
    Last edited by Rusty Spoon; 2018-06-12 at 09:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

i am preparing for drunk oni and fox arts stall. when we get serenity hassan i kinda want to see what a poison team looks like

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #1238

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    I managed to clear Sanzang without using command spells, weirdly. Had much less trouble than with other quests in the event. Maybe I was just super lucky with my command card draw?
    I think it's because despite all the enemies being servants, there were only 4 of them, and they weren't, for the most part, dangerous. Even Sanzang, the caster with the most attack, is in the end just a caster, and would do less damage than most servants.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Argh. I know it's not a good CE, but my inner completionist demands that I farm until I can grab that last copy of Divine Princess to MLB it. Still nothing so far... Last day... Argh...

EDIT: And the very next one I clear nets me my CE. I am 110% done with this event.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-06-13 at 09:38 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I'm saving my embers for Kintoki, golden boy will hopefully carry me through the event.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    i am preparing for drunk oni and fox arts stall. when we get serenity hassan i kinda want to see what a poison team looks like
    Throw in Robin for some crazy damage, plus he's arts as well.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Argh. I know it's not a good CE, but my inner completionist demands that I farm until I can grab that last copy of Divine Princess to MLB it. Still nothing so far... Last day... Argh...

EDIT: And the very next one I clear nets me my CE. I am 110% done with this event.
    Ya, i was just grinding and it dropped on me, kinda nice. Also i was done yesterday. No, not actually done as i barely got anything from the store, i just got all the CEs and went "Yup, im good here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

Three ten pulls, seven tickets, and two single pulls. And no Raikou. Just a lot of Faithful Companions and a second Nursery Rhyme, all of which I'm seriously considering burning out of spite.

And then the event lets me use Raikou as a support to remind me how awesome she is.

Why can't this game let me pull a servant I actually want? Lemme know if anyone here pulls Raikou, cause I'm seriously considering trading accounts if someone does.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

to be fair, when it comes to 5 star farming that isn't a ton of pulls, they are something like a 1% or 1.5% drop rate, and if you get one there is only a 50% chance that it is Raikou instead of a different 5 star.

edit: did 1 ten pull and got the thing i wanted, Faithful Companion CE, this makes up for not getting Fox's Night Dream during the last raid. might be better for covering up Tamamo's weaknesses, though it doesn't produce crit stars.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-06-14 at 06:05 AM.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ok, between my free quartz and my login quartz I can spare a 10-pull here...and get a second Marie Antoinette.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2018-06-14 at 07:05 AM.

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

So, hey, remember how I was going back and forth on which freebie Servant to grab, between d'Eon and Siegfried? Well, I ended up choosing Siegfried.

I say that, because I decided to allow myself one 10-pull on this banner. And I got d'Eon.

Also Ibaraki, a Pheasant Reversal, and a Poisonous Snake. But mostly d'Eon.

So, two 4-star Servants and a 4-star CE. Yay, kinda.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

So, hey, remember how I was going back and forth on which freebie Servant to grab, between d'Eon and Siegfried? Well, I ended up choosing Siegfried.

I say that, because I decided to allow myself one 10-pull on this banner. And I got d'Eon.

Also Ibaraki, a Pheasant Reversal, and a Poisonous Snake. But mostly d'Eon.

So, two 4-star Servants and a 4-star CE. Yay, kinda.
    At least you got new Servants off your pull.

As for me, I've found that I can't do enough damage to kill the 1 million hp raid boss...but he can't do enough damage to kill me either. Since I can only do a little over 500k before time runs out, it'll be more efficient to do the 300k boss twice for the same amount of BP.

Factotum Variants!

17. - Top - End - #1247

ElfRogueGirl

Well congratulations for Bananazerker! Now you too can be an annoying raid boss.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    At least you got new Servants off your pull.

As for me, I've found that I can't do enough damage to kill the 1 million hp raid boss...but he can't do enough damage to kill me either. Since I can only do a little over 500k before time runs out, it'll be more efficient to do the 300k boss twice for the same amount of BP.
    Yeah, I think you really need the CEs before you can get that. This boss feels a lot harder than Nanaloli in some ways, probably because it has a class that scoffs at roughly a third of the event Servants. Part of me is thinking of breaking up my prepared Onigashima team and just bringing some heavy-hitters.

Well congratulations for Bananazerker! Now you too can be an annoying raid boss.
    ... Have you met me? I already am an annoying raid boss.

Seriously, though, I am kinda stoked over Nanaloli. Sure, I already have Bersercar for all of my single-target all-purpose murder needs, and the Immortal Hero has way more defensive options than almost any Berserker, but Ibaraki is still reasonably functional. She has a weak Charisma that doubles as a pre-NP nuke button, she has a weak self-heal/de-debuff (which frankly won't do much), and she has a solid DEF boost that can block an anticipated spike reasonably well. Her NP does have that handy buff-wiping tool, as well as a DEF-down. And her ascension and skill-up mats aren't unbearable.

She's no Heracles, but she'll make an adorable bench mascot.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Yeah, I think you really need the CEs before you can get that. This boss feels a lot harder than Nanaloli in some ways, probably because it has a class that scoffs at roughly a third of the event Servants. Part of me is thinking of breaking up my prepared Onigashima team and just bringing some heavy-hitters.
    It doesn't help that the servant with the boss is strong against servants that are strong against the boss, you really need to take out Kojirou first if you want to survive long enough to do appreciable damage.

The later ones won't be as bad since they don't match up the same way. Casters aren't strong against Archers for gate 2, and while zerkers are strong against everyone, they're zekrers, and Assassins eat them up pretty well for Gate 3 and the Summit.

I got up to the first CE from Corals, of course now I need Coral for more Golden Rider and his Golden Bear.

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    It doesn't help that the servant with the boss is strong against servants that are strong against the boss, you really need to take out Kojirou first if you want to survive long enough to do appreciable damage.

The later ones won't be as bad since they don't match up the same way. Casters aren't strong against Archers for gate 2, and while zerkers are strong against everyone, they're zekrers, and Assassins eat them up pretty well for Gate 3 and the Summit.

I got up to the first CE from Corals, of course now I need Coral for more Golden Rider and his Golden Bear.
    Yeah, I focus on the little guy anyway. Also frustrating thing: I don't think there are any Casters on the event Servant list. Strike that. Casko is on the list. If you have Casko, you're in a good place.

If you don't, though, you'll probably end up using the plugsuit meta - bring your Archers and Assassins, who will be neutral to LEGEND-OF-SAMURAI (and, in the Assassins' cases, weak to the raid boss), then, once you burn down Mr. Pheasants are Sort Of Like Swallows, swap out your Assassins for your Riders.

Or just load up on Berserkers and say, "Hey, **** it."

Frankly, I realize that anyone with a buff removal tool (e.g. Nanaloli's NP, Jack's second active skill, etc.) has a big advantage taking Kojirou down. You know, because of his **** evade skill.

Also, having now used guest!Raikou in story mode... Sheesh. She's insane. And not just because of Madness Enhancement. She's a freaking blender. And that's as a guest.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    to be fair, when it comes to 5 star farming that isn't a ton of pulls, they are something like a 1% or 1.5% drop rate, and if you get one there is only a 50% chance that it is Raikou instead of a different 5 star.

I know that quite well, its just a lot of frustration with getting plenty of things but never something that I actually want from a gacha and its honestly ticking me off right now. Especially since, on my FGO account, I have a lot of very nice servants and CEs...just none of the ones I actually wanted.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

I know that quite well, its just a lot of frustration with getting plenty of things but never something that I actually want from a gacha and its honestly ticking me off right now. Especially since, on my FGO account, I have a lot of very nice servants and CEs...just none of the ones I actually wanted.
    See, there's your problem - you've been setting off the Greed Sensor. That's what does it.

You know the rule. If you pull for X you will get pretty much anything except X. Only way around the Greed Sensor is to be a whale.

Personally, I pull for nothing in particular, and everything is a pleasant surprise. (Except the one time I whaled on that Waver/Iskandar banner. Guess what I got?)

My best pulls have been accidents, honestly. I never expected to get Lalter, for example - she came out of nowhere.

Just sayin'. Avoid the Greed Sensor. Or, y'know, get a better catalyst.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

See, there's your problem - you've been setting off the Greed Sensor. That's what does it.

You know the rule. If you pull for X you will get pretty much anything except X. Only way around the Greed Sensor is to be a whale.

Personally, I pull for nothing in particular, and everything is a pleasant surprise. (Except the one time I whaled on that Waver/Iskandar banner. Guess what I got?)

My best pulls have been accidents, honestly. I never expected to get Lalter, for example - she came out of nowhere.

Just sayin'. Avoid the Greed Sensor. Or, y'know, get a better catalyst.
    You're right, heaven forbid I actually want to get something I want out of a game. I was being completely absurd!

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

A lot of the the time when I go for a 5 star on a banner I get waver or Drake, like the Jeanne alter banner or the Orion banner. On the other Orion banner I got drake, and another Drake on the tamamo no Mae banner. And then I got tamamo on, I believe the jack banner and a Nero bride? Needless to say I almost never get a banner 5 star. And very very very rarely get a CE I am looking for.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #1255

I have never once gotten the 5 star I was going for. I've gotten a few 5 stars that I wasn't shooting for but that I wanted anyway, so it's been good. I'm worried about the upcoming summer and Prisma Illya events though, as they both have one specific 5 star that I really want. Also, I'm like 200 quartz behind how much I wanted to save for those two events... Dang Jalter and Shuten.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nothing good from the gacha yet, gonna try again when I get some of those sweet tickets and quartz from the event.

Raids are going pretty well, Euryale is a beast, even without class/event bonus.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Nothing good from the gacha yet, gonna try again when I get some of those sweet tickets and quartz from the event.

Raids are going pretty well, Euryale is a beast, even without class/event bonus.
    Eu... Euryale? If the oni count as male, that makes sense I suppose. You must love the second boss then!

Got my first Sumo from DP drop, thank golden. Need more ASAP though - anybody know the best quests to farm for coral/brocade?

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Eu... Euryale? If the oni count as male, that makes sense I suppose. You must love the second boss then!

Got my first Sumo from DP drop, thank golden. Need more ASAP though - anybody know the best quests to farm for coral/brocade?
    Euryale is one of the best arts stall archers to n the game even if the enemy isn't male. She still has arts up, NP vamp, and attack down on her np.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #1259

Euryale-Robin-Waver is such a BS team for this raid. I killed the 3mil raid with no event CEs. Cause I'm lazy and haven't farmed them yet. Now I'm going to farm them though, to see how fast I can knock over the 6mil version.

EDIT: Oh, and big blue never got his NP off either.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2018-06-14 at 10:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260

ElfRogueGirl

First: Damn, that boobzerker hits *hard*.
    Second: Goddammit, Romani.