New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    If you are having serious problems with enemies like that, use the Lunar Sea mystic code. Its ability to make an enemy immune to buffs should work on their 'Boost NP Gauge' skills as well.

Also, for the future Super-Liz, if you have Carmilla its a great time to bust her out. Sure she has type disadvantage against her younger self, but her NP is still a chance to insta-kill any female servant which class resistance does not affect.
    You can't really rely on Instant-Kill against Servant enemies, though. They all have varying passive Instant Death Resistance parameters high enough that IIRC, you're dancing around single-percentage odds of managing it against one, if not less than that.

But that's beside the point: Carmilla's Phantom Maiden doesn't inflict Instant-Death. It gets a damage multiplier against female enemies.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't forget your command seals. They might not be good for farming, but if you only need to pass a stage once, don't be afraid to use them.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

If you are having serious problems with enemies like that, use the Lunar Sea mystic code. Its ability to make an enemy immune to buffs should work on their 'Boost NP Gauge' skills as well.

Also, for the future Super-Liz, if you have Carmilla its a great time to bust her out. Sure she has type disadvantage against her younger self, but her NP is still a chance to insta-kill any female servant which class resistance does not affect.
    I would have to have a mystic code aside from Chaldea first.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    How do you get mystic codes other then Chaldea anyway? I thought none had been released or something, I've seen no sign of them.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    How do you get mystic codes other then Chaldea anyway? I thought none had been released or something, I've seen no sign of them.
    Only one, Memories of a Lunar Sea, you had to do a mission a few months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

There's been one other Mystic Code released through the Fate/EXTELLA Release event in NA, Memories of the Lunar Sea.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Man has anyone had any luck getting the event craft essences? I managed to get super lucky and get 2 maid in halloweens but Halloween princess (The important one) is ever eluding me. I think I have done the 30 AP quest ~40 times now. Not too surprising though since I believe the drop chance is 1%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Man has anyone had any luck getting the event craft essences? I managed to get super lucky and get 2 maid in halloweens but Halloween princess (The important one) is ever eluding me. I think I have done the 30 AP quest ~40 times now. Not too surprising though since I believe the drop chance is 1%.
    I havent gotten it to drop no, but i really want to cuz its friggin amazing.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369

Nope. I've gotten none from missions, though I did pick up all of the shop ones earlier today.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #370

No, not yet. Though I believe people on /r/grandorder have said that the next set of Party quests has a much higher drop rate for Halloween Princess.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    No, not yet. Though I believe people on /r/grandorder have said that the next set of Party quests has a much higher drop rate for Halloween Princess.
    There's this farming tactic where you kill Orion Atlante first, and if she does not drop the CE, you have to restart the quest. But it is not that good AP wise.
    Last edited by Yael; 2017-10-22 at 08:49 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

12. - Top - End - #372

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    There's this farming tactic where you kill Orion first, and if she does not drop the CE, you have to restart the quest. But it is not that good AP wise.
    Atalante. I believe Atalante drops the CE, not Orion.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

anyone have a clue on the best drop rate for maid in halloween? i kinda want a maxed one for a gimmick team with nero...

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    anyone have a clue on the best drop rate for maid in halloween? i kinda want a maxed one for a gimmick team with nero...
    40 AP quest and the guerrilla quests as far as I know. I got one form 40 AP farming and one from a guerrilla quest.

Edit: Make that 2 from guerrilla quests.... Still no Halloween Princess though...
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2017-10-22 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Atalante. I believe Atalante drops the CE, not Orion.
    Yep, you're right. It's Atlante the one with the high CE drop rate.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

apparently there are higher and higher odds of getting maid in halloween in the later pumpkin quests. the last bunch has a 7% drop rate though i'll need to figure out who drops it.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

The lack of variety in these event quests makes slogging through them really really tiresome.

Factotum Variants!

18. - Top - End - #378

BlackDragon

apparently there are higher and higher odds of getting maid in halloween in the later pumpkin quests. the last bunch has a 7% drop rate though i'll need to figure out who drops it.
    I got one from Kiyohime and now I'm conflicted. I wasn't planning to MLB MiH, but now it's just one more away, I'm very tempted to grind for the 5th one as well....and I still don't have my 5th HP yet. Damn it.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm currently grinding for my fifth HP. I got lucky, after another banner pull, to grab Little Halloween Devil (same NP charge and gauge effect, but bigger, and Pumpkin instead of Candle), but I'm so close to finishing HP off that my completionism won't let me stop.

Same pull that got me LHD also got me Halloween Arrangement, which is kind of oddly situational (I guess put it on a Ruler?) and Atalante, who's pretty great, so I'm stoked about that.

My MiH is also 4/5, which is frustrating for much the same reason. So I'm farming that too. At least my Trick or Treat is 5/5, although outside of the event I don't see much use from a +12% debuff rate CE. My Jack-O'-Lantern is also 4/5, but much like with Trick or Treat, I don't see Damage Plus 200 being a productive use of a CE slot.

Once more unto the breach, my friends...
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

I am just grinding the crap out of Lunatic Party trying to get Halloween Princess. Its not going well.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Well I scrounged up enough quartz for one last 10-pull on the Halloween banner. No Tamamo, but i did get Halloween Arrangement and Limited Zero Over CEs at least.

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahhh, you are in the same unfortunate boat that I am then. I got the account that I'm currently using after the Moon event was done so I don't have the Mystic Code either.

From what I've seen, you get Mystic Codes either as gifts in the mail or by doing the various events that will be coming out. So far we only have one other one, the Lunar Sea Mystic Code which was several months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    There's this farming tactic where you kill Orion Atlante first, and if she does not drop the CE, you have to restart the quest. But it is not that good AP wise.
    I can't say this is accurate, but I got Halloween Princess the second time I attempted this tactic. This is extraordinarily lucky though and the average I see most people throwing around is like...600 AP before Halloween Princess will drop. The thing is that we're going to get several Lunatic Parties before the event ends and a quest will stick around until the end of the event. So don't worry about grinding it right away, just save one Lunatic Party quest and complete all of the others to see if you get the CE 'naturally' and only grind the heck out of the one you saved when its down to the wire.

Or, if you were silly like me, you could have accomplished the majority of your grinding in like...the first day or so and you get to 'save' apples and just do the grinding now.

Why'd I do all the grinding so early?!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Ahhh, you are in the same unfortunate boat that I am then. I got the account that I'm currently using after the Moon event was done so I don't have the Mystic Code either.
    To be fair, Mystic Codes are far more of a QoL thing than a necessity. Chaldea (heal, +ATK, evade) covers most bases and works for most teams. Lunar Sea, the only non-Chaldea one out so far, is a niche MC for Quick/Arts teams (+Arts, +star drops, negate 1 enemy buff). Great for an Arts or crit team, or when up against an evade-happy enemy, but otherwise not necessarily better than Chaldea.

Now, if you want to talk about MCs I eagerly anticipate, Mage's Association is fun (heal all, NP charge, shuffle cards), as is Battle Suit (+ATK all, stun one, switch out a Servant). Particularly the third commands on each can really change the flow of combat.

Getting pretty close to the end of my grinding. Aside from statues/monuments and a few materials (still focusing on those dragon scales), I'm pretty much done with the little shop - just down to farming those CEs.

Gonna feel mighty good when I clear that shop out, though. One thing I'll say, this event feels much more like I can buy out the shop than the last event did. Maybe I'm misremembering, but it feels like I just couldn't get the drops I needed in that one.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Well I managed to clear out all of the Elisabeth cards, so her NP is maxed out now, and I bought all the candies since they seem to be only for ascending her. Sadly I can't do all the level 50 missions that have popped up, and the highest free mission I can do reliably is Vlad. Now to decide if I want to farm more stuff to get more materials, or if I should go back to regular leveling up.

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #385

BlackDragon

Well I managed to clear out all of the Elisabeth cards, so her NP is maxed out now, and I bought all the candies since they seem to be only for ascending her. Sadly I can't do all the level 50 missions that have popped up, and the highest free mission I can do reliably is Vlad. Now to decide if I want to farm more stuff to get more materials, or if I should go back to regular leveling up.
    Farm more stuff for materials. Events have way better rates for farming mats than anywhere else. A few days of event grinding for mats could equal weeks of grinding dailies and free story quests. You can always do the EXP dailies for exp when there's no events going on.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground

Definitely keep doing all the visitor quests and party quests, at least. Those are all really nice in terms of rewards. Also I'm pretty sure farming enough event items to get the Ascension materials in the Halloween Shop is easier then farming those same Ascension materials outside the event.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

So I discovered something odd today...am I missing something or do you need to get two copies of Maid in Halloween to drop to max limit break it? Cause I had one drop during the Doppel party quest (wish I knew who dropped it..) and thought I could MLB Maid in Halloween just to discover I was one copy short still.

Is that just the case or did I seriously screw something up and somehow lost a copy of the CE?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

So I discovered something odd today...am I missing something or do you need to get two copies of Maid in Halloween to drop to max limit break it? Cause I had one drop during the Doppel party quest (wish I knew who dropped it..) and thought I could MLB Maid in Halloween just to discover I was one copy short still.

Is that just the case or did I seriously screw something up and somehow lost a copy of the CE?
    you need two to drop. you can buy 3 maids, 4 princesses, and 5 trick or treats in store. don't worry too much though. if you fail we will probably get the halloween light next year before the a newer halloween event. i don't think it remembers purchases.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

you need two to drop. you can buy 3 maids, 4 princesses, and 5 trick or treats in store. don't worry too much though. if you fail we will probably get the halloween light next year before the a newer halloween event. i don't think it remembers purchases.
    Fair enough..

Also the super-Elizabeth has appeared. Costs 50 AP to try and has two waves.

First wave is three Lizbeth's with I think 40K HP a piece but they don't hit too hard and have the 'hit one servant real hard' NP rather than the real deal's. They'll also lower defense a whole ton. Second wave has the real (Lancer) Elizabeth with just over 400K health and her actual Noble Phantasm. Reward for the first clear is another Crystallized Lore.

So for any who have Siegfried..now's a good time to point out that Elizabeth has the Dragon trait...time for Sumanai to go to work...

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So I got this game today and have been trying to blast through everything until I could get to the Halloween event but doubt thats going to happen today.

So far my party has been Mash and Stheno upfront with Hektor, Proto Cu and Hassin of the Cursed arm in the back. (All from my first pulls but now I've replaced Proto Cu with Shakespeare.)

I haven't really been able to do any pulls from the Saint quarts but I have gotten afew from the friend code one and have gotten Julius Ceaser, Aresh, Mephistopheles, and a load of bearsekers from that draw.

So basically what should I be doing with my party? Should I be trying to level everyone up on the XP front or should I save that and what is the best use of the three Sparticus I drew since I doubt I'm going to use him since I drew Darius at the same time and it seems like he's better in pretty much every way?