New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Huh, didnt know you got Lily for free, neat.

...well wish i had known that earlier. Oh well, live and learn. Frankly im rather happy with Sigfried and i dont have Chavalier as i didnt like her. Really liking the Carmilla i got for free from that promo. She's wrecking everything for me.
    You think you like Carmilla now? You're going to love her once you get to Orleans. There's a reason Kojirou Sasaki is referred to jokingly as the "Savior of France." (Hint: Carmilla and Sasaki are both Assassins. Dragons are Riders. Assassins eat Riders.)

But yeah. As has been mentioned, while there are some characters better than others, the key is building a solid team with what you have. I'm actually in the habit of saving one of every Servant I get - even the 1-stars - just because they're cheaper to power up, and even low-level ones can be useful. (Like Kojirou Sasaki, Savior of France, and Hans Christian Anderson, the healbot.) Any duplicates get used to level up NP until they're maxed.

Then they're fodder.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Oh im already in Rome, and she ate so many Wyverns in Orleans. Hell, she killed Fafnir almost single handedly (hello Phantom Maiden)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    -snip-
    Thanks for the answers~

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    But yeah. As has been mentioned, while there are some characters better than others, the key is building a solid team with what you have. I'm actually in the habit of saving one of every Servant I get - even the 1-stars - just because they're cheaper to power up, and even low-level ones can be useful. (Like Kojirou Sasaki, Savior of France, and Hans Christian Anderson, the healbot.) Any duplicates get used to level up NP until they're maxed.

Then they're fodder.
    In Japan it's generally agreed upon that this is the right way to play FGO.

Apart from the obvious of how each servant has his/her own merit, certain servants are given bonuses in special events (for instance, in the Onigashima event, the ATK of Japanese servants increases). In other events, certain servants increase the number of items that drop from enemies. There's no "truly useless" servants in FGO; it's just that some are more useful than others.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Also, consider the fact that certain Servants have different curves of utility. Some consider EMIYA to be an inferior servant, for example - and certainly, he pales next to, say, Gilgamesh, but doesn't everybody? - but that's mostly because he builds up at a slow burn.

I now have him Ascended twice, with his upgraded NP, and equipped with Heaven's Feel. If a fight gets so desperate that he winds up solo on the field - which he can, he's pretty darn durable - he turns into a freaking blender. This is from somebody who also has (and very much enjoys) Berserkules - true, the big guy hits hard, but he also takes hits like a chump. Contrast with EMIYA, who is basically an armored gatling gun against most enemies, and also has a great AoE NP, which he charges quickly because, oh right, 3 Arts cards. Yeah, EMIYA started off as a solidly mundane Archer type, but now, as long as he's not up against a Lancer, he freaking dominates things. I'm farming the Advanced EXP daily, and he can solo the entirety of the final wave. Solo. He gives zero craps. It's obscene.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, consider the fact that certain Servants have different curves of utility. Some consider EMIYA to be an inferior servant, for example - and certainly, he pales next to, say, Gilgamesh, but doesn't everybody? - but that's mostly because he builds up at a slow burn.

I now have him Ascended twice, with his upgraded NP, and equipped with Heaven's Feel. If a fight gets so desperate that he winds up solo on the field - which he can, he's pretty darn durable - he turns into a freaking blender. This is from somebody who also has (and very much enjoys) Berserkules - true, the big guy hits hard, but he also takes hits like a chump. Contrast with EMIYA, who is basically an armored gatling gun against most enemies, and also has a great AoE NP, which he charges quickly because, oh right, 3 Arts cards. Yeah, EMIYA started off as a solidly mundane Archer type, but now, as long as he's not up against a Lancer, he freaking dominates things. I'm farming the Advanced EXP daily, and he can solo the entirety of the final wave. Solo. He gives zero craps. It's obscene.
    It's often said in FGO that "there's not a single weak Archer in the game" (literally all of them are amazing in their own way), but even within them, Emiya is one of the best.

Speaking of which, are the "power-up quests" (don't know the official English term) for Emiya already released in the English version? Because if they aren't yet... you'll absolutely jaw-drop when you get there.

Also, in terms of power: Gil is obviously the stronger one when it comes to offense (heck, he remains to this day one of the most broken attackers in the game), but he doesn't have a single defensive skill, whereas Emiya has Eye of the Mind (so useful!). Also note how Emiya's 3-Arts deck is, as you've already mentioned, amazing when it comes to spamming Noble Phantasms. You can Arts Brave Chain by himself when he's alone, but he can also support the entire team by aiding them in creating Arts Chains too.

One cannot simply say that "Emiya is worse than Gilgamesh", because they do completely different things. Each servant has his own merit, and his own weakness. That's what makes this game pretty interesting.

Oh, and a note on Hercules: If you've pulled him, you must, MUST, take him to every single quest and raise his Bond Level ASAP. Guy is already amazing enough from the start, but if you get his Bond Level to 10 (though it will take months)... not gonna say what will happen, but you will never regret it.
    (Or is the Bond Level cap still at level 5? In which case you don't need to care about it for now. But if it's already possible to reach higher Bond Levels, you should definitely do it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Favorite Servant?
    I just realized this, so I might as well answer.
    Spoiler: Minor spoiler I guess? Gonna talk about Servants yet to be released in the US version
    Show
    The favorite servant I own is Mysterious Heroine X Alter (Berserker), which is my first 5-star Servant I pulled right after starting the game this year February. Her skill level is currently 4-10-10, and her Bond Level is maximum (level 10). NP Level is still 1, tho'.

The main reason I like her is because she's so cute (honestly, just go look at her), and her attack motions are entertaning (pretty much all of them are Star Wars parodies), but she's also a useful supporter and sub-attacker in Critical Parties. Her Instinct skill nets her 14 stars once in 5 rounds, while Sovereign's Invisible Hand is pretty much an A-Rank Charisma with the additional effect of decreasing a party member's star absorption rate by 100%. Since Berserkers have a low star absorption rate from the start, by using Invisible Hand on party member A, you can make party member B suck in almost all the stars that are there for you this turn, ensuring criticals.

Combining her with servants that can increase their critical damage using skills, such as Jeanne Alter and Artoria Lancer Alter, is quite a hilarious move. Alter parties all the way.

Unlike most Berserkers with their B3 decks, Heroine X Alter has a B2 A1 Q2 deck, and her NP is a Q, meaning she cannot create Buster Brave Chains. Her ATK is also pretty low compared to other 5-star Berserkers (though she increases her entire party's ATK with the A rank Charisma eff of Invisible Hand). Due to this, throwing Heroine X Alter into every battle as a vanguard and hoping she'll wipe out the enemies with her normal attacks is not a very good move. If you're gonna use her like that, there are a ton of better options, including 4-star or even 3-star Berserkers.

Heroine X Alter is a good example of a Servant that is honestly underpowered on her own, and requires the right party set-up to shine, but becomes quite trustworthy when played right. For the first several months, I had no idea how to play her right, and honestly thought she was weak. But now I've realized she can be fun and powerful in the right party, and that's what's truly interesting about her.
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2017-07-19 at 10:06 AM.
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Show
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    It's often said in FGO that "there's not a single weak Archer in the game" (literally all of them are amazing in their own way), but even within them, Emiya is one of the best.
    No surprise. He suffers from Main Character Syndrome. Main (or major) characters tend to get beefed up in adaptations, whether they deserve it or not.

Speaking of which, are the "power-up quests" (don't know the official English term) for Emiya already released in the English version? Because if they aren't yet... you'll absolutely jaw-drop when you get there.
    Interludes, in the NA version. And yes, they are. I have his upgraded NP. It makes me happy.

Also, in terms of power: Gil is obviously the stronger one when it comes to offense (he remains to this day one of the most broken attackers in the game), but he doesn't have a single defensive skill, whereas Emiya has the Eye of the Mind skill, granting protection from enemy Noble Phantasms. Also note how Emiya's 3-Arts deck is, as you've already mentioned, amazing when it comes to spamming Noble Phantasms.
    Oh, most definitely. I'm actually thinking of putting together an Arts deck involving EMIYA, Medea, and... I haven't decided on a third yet. Pretty sure I could break an awful lot of things that way.

Oh, and a note on Hercules: If you've pulled him, you must, MUST, take him to every single quest and raise his Bond Level ASAP. Guy is already amazing enough from the start, but if you get his Bond Level to 10 (though it will take months)... not gonna say what will happen, but you will never regret it.
    I'm aware of the Craft Material he gets at Bond 10. It is broken. A Zerker who can't die? Glorious. There's a reason everyone loves the big lug.

(Or is the Bond Level cap still at level 5? In which case you don't need to care about it for now. But if it's already possible to reach higher Bond Levels, you should definitely do it.)
    I think they've lifted the cap, but raising Bond beyond 5 is frustratingly slow. I've been sitting on Berserkules, Failure Lily, and EMIYA, and that little purple diamond is just creeping along.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

No surprise. He suffers from Main Character Syndrome. Main (or major) characters tend to get beefed up in adaptations, whether they deserve it or not.
    *Takes look at Waver*

Indeed.
    Oh, most definitely. I'm actually thinking of putting together an Arts deck involving EMIYA, Medea, and... I haven't decided on a third yet. Pretty sure I could break an awful lot of things that way.
    You bet. USE WAVER NOW

I'm aware of the Craft Material he gets at Bond 10. It is broken. A Zerker who can't die? Glorious. There's a reason everyone loves the big lug.
    Almost all the difficult quests in this game can be solved by placing a Bond Craft Hercules at the end of the party. It's truly nuts.

I think they've lifted the cap, but raising Bond beyond 5 is frustratingly slow. I've been sitting on Berserkules, Failure Lily, and EMIYA, and that little purple diamond is just creeping along.
    If I recall correctly, the XP it takes to get to Bond Level 5 is like, 5% or something (maybe even less? I forgot) of the XP it takes to get to Bond Level 10. It will take months. The first 5-star I pulled got to Bond Level 10 about 4 months after her summoning. But you will eventually get there.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

If I recall correctly, the XP it takes to get to Bond Level 5 is like, 5% or something (maybe even less? I forgot) of the XP it takes to get to Bond Level 10. It will take months. The first 5-star I pulled got to Bond Level 10 about 4 months after her summoning. But you will eventually get there.
    I can confirm the bond levels are unlocked. I have Altera at bond level 6. It was a nice surprise that you get 3 Saint Quartz just for reaching bond 6. It's just an absurdly massive gap between 5 and 6. The daily quests give pretty good XP though (especially highest level experience farming). Currently, I'm keeping a couple main people together (my primary party is Altera+Prototype Cu Chulain, with a Vlad III as the reserve member if someone dies), and then tagging in the last two slots to different servants to get them to bond 1-3 so that I can do their first interlude quests.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I can confirm the bond levels are unlocked. I have Altera at bond level 6. It was a nice surprise that you get 3 Saint Quartz just for reaching bond 6.
    It depends on the rarity of the character. Goes as follows, from reaching bond levels 6 to 9:
    • 5-star: 3 SQ
    • 4-star: 2 SQ
    • 3-star: 1 SQ
    • 2-star: 1 Golden Apple
    • 1-star: 1 Golden Apple

However, the lower the rarity of the character, the faster his/her Bond Level will increase.
    Certain characters are more difficult to raise their Bond Level compared to other Servants of the same rarity, Gilgamesh being a prime example (probably due to his personality), but even in those cases, the rewards do not change.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

*Takes look at Waver*

Indeed.You bet. USE WAVER NOW
    No kidding. Lord El-Bishy II is wonderfully broken. Alas, don't have him. Have plenty of friends, though...

Hmm, maybe EMIYA/Medea/HCA? Hans is Arts-heavy, and can self-charge his healing NP.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

No kidding. Lord El-Bishy II is wonderfully broken. Alas, don't have him. Have plenty of friends, though...
    I've heard that at original release, Waver didn't have the 3 NP boosts, and that lots of fans urged the creators to make him stronger.
    ...They answered their calls by making him one of the most broken servants in the entire game.

Hmm, maybe EMIYA/Medea/HCA? Hans is Arts-heavy, and can self-charge his healing NP.
    Sounds good to me. Like, HCA is commonly used in high-level quests even in the modern Japanese format.

BTW, if you're gonna use Casters like Medea and HCA, you should raise their skill level. For Casters, skill level is arguably more important than character level.

(Apart from those, Vlad is a good Arts team member, but apart from how he's a 5-star, he does sorta rely on skill levels, and if I recall correctly his most powerful skill is unlocked only after his final ascention, so at the beginning he might be a bit more difficult to use. Jeanne d'arc also qualifies for Arts teams, if your friends have her.

...Or just use your friend's Waver...)
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2017-07-19 at 01:00 PM.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I've heard that at original release, Waver didn't have the 3 NP boosts, and that lots of fans urged the creators to make him stronger.
    ...They answered their calls by making him one of the most broken servants in the entire game.

Sounds good to me. Like, HCA is commonly used in high-level quests even in the modern Japanese format.

(Apart from those, Vlad is a good Arts team member, but apart from how he's a 5-star, he does sorta rely on skill levels, and if I recall correctly his most powerful skill is unlocked only after his final ascention, so at the beginning he might be a bit more difficult to use.)
    Yeah. I use Vlad-friends a lot, just because my default team is Mash/Zerkules/friend and I like being class-neutral. And I've noticed that while Vlad is stronger than Zerkules stat-wise, the overall character is just a bit mixed-up. I mean, I get not going full Buster like Zerkules, that's fine. And his self-charge is both useful, and appropriate on an Arts-oriented character. But where Zerkules is all about all the damage, all the time, and has Mind's Eye (False) for survival, Vlad's whole schtick is to charge and spam his NP. Even his Bond Craft is about his NP. It's just weird to me to have an Arts-flavored Zerker.

Also, his Madness Enhancement - while totally appropriate for a Zerker - feels completely out of place on him. It bugs me.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

(Apart from those, Vlad is a good Arts team member, but apart from how he's a 5-star, he does sorta rely on skill levels, and if I recall correctly his most powerful skill is unlocked only after his final ascention, so at the beginning he might be a bit more difficult to use. Jeanne d'arc also qualifies for Arts teams, if your friends have her.
    You mean his switch from morph C to the skill that buffs his attack and defense at the same time? It's after his second interlude.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

You mean his switch from morph C to the skill that buffs his attack and defense at the same time? It's after his second interlude.
    I assumed it was a reference to his self-Guts skill, which is after his third Ascension. But that's the same place Zerkules gets his, so...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly i only have 1 archer (Robin Hood) Thankfully i like him.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly i only have 1 archer (Robin Hood) Thankfully i like him.
    Keep all the different archers you get. Then you'll have more than one!
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Keep all the different archers you get. Then you'll have more than one!
    I only got one other one, Arash, but i wasn't a fan of him so i ditched him. And now that i look i realize there are a lot of Archers, its just that they are all 4 stars, so my odds are terrible.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I only got one other one, Arash, but i wasn't a fan of him so i ditched him. And now that i look i realize there are a lot of Archers, its just that they are all 4 stars, so my odds are terrible.
    Why ditch Arash? Even if he's not your favorite character, he's a really common drop from the friend machine and levels and skills really easily, so you can get him to rank 5 NP and fighting fit without much effort. There's no harm in keeping one copy of him in your box for when you really need another archer.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Why ditch Arash? Even if he's not your favorite character, he's a really common drop from the friend machine and levels and skills really easily, so you can get him to rank 5 NP and fighting fit without much effort. There's no harm in keeping one copy of him in your box for when you really need another archer.
    See, i didd't know that when i had him, and now i dont have him. I'm not overly saddened about it, i'll probably get him again anyway.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh well then, that's a mistake on my part.

Vlad's power relies on his skill level. At 1-1-1 he's not what he can be - at 10-10-6 he becomes a true monster. I don't think English users would be able to raise skill level that much yet, though…
    (As for being an Arts Berserker: That's his point. He's one of those guys that adds color and variety to the servant list, opening up new team possibilities. He remains to this day one of the best attackers in an Arts team.)

Arash is IMO sorta overrated. Or rather: he IS amazing, but he's amazing at something wholly different from other servants, and depending on playstyle, he may or may not be worth leveling up.

Arash is the master of "ending quests with the minimum turns possible". With a level 65 Arash (and friend Waver) you can end all your easy 3-round quests in 3 turns, but he will not let you clear difficult quests.

If you find stress in attacking many times to kill rounds of enemies in the level-up quests and other easy quests, you should level him up. If you have no problem with it, not really that important.

And BTW, Berserker + Mash is probably the best way to steamroll through main scenario quests. It does get a bit difficult from Chapter 6 though…
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2017-07-19 at 07:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

And BTW, Berserker + Mash is probably the best way to steamroll through main scenario quests. It does get a bit difficult from Chapter 6 though…
    Oh, definitely this. I've read strategies on different Zerkers, and pretty much all of them say "Pairs great with Mash!" Zerkules especially, because between Mash's second skill, Zerkules' second skill, and the Evade buff from the default Mystic Code, you can negate the biggest weakness of Zerkers (takes all the damage) with a cool dose of invulnerability.

Also, apparently we're getting a chance at a special event Mystic Code soon. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this the first alternate one that NA players get? So far I've only had access to the default.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, apparently we're getting a chance at a special event Mystic Code soon. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this the first alternate one that NA players get? So far I've only had access to the default.
    That's nice. New Mystic Codes open up new possibilities - the Chaldea Battle Suit (buff entire team's ATK by a bit for one round, stun one enemy for one round, and make a Servant switch with a different Servant in the backrow) being a prime example. The Atlas Code is also helpful.
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

That's nice. New Mystic Codes open up new possibilities - the Chaldea Battle Suit (buff entire team's ATK by a bit for one round, stun one enemy for one round, and make a Servant switch with a different Servant in the backrow) being a prime example. The Atlas Code is also helpful.
    Picked up the new one this morning. I am so glad I decided to put together an Arts team. The new Code is Lunar Sea - the one with (1) +Arts damage, (2) +crit stars, and (3) prevent buffs. It's not quite as versatile as the default, but it's great for an Arts or crit star team. And EMIYA and Medea kind of do both. So I'm pretty pumped to level this sucker up.

Sadly, today's EXP daily is Lancer/Assassin; while Medea would be useful, EMIYA is at a serious disadvantage.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2017-07-20 at 09:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

We got the /EXTELLA event!

Spoiler: New Mystic Code
    Show
    The new Mystic Code's abilities are pretty nice and well appreciated for Arts teams.

I'm currently trying it with Emiya in an arts-heavy team, and the Arts boost is just too good for filling up that NP bar for Emiya. The buff cancel would have been appreciated before I completed the toughest Singularity at Fuyuki (vs Berserker) or Emiya's second interlude (also vs Hercules), as if he buffed evasion twice, making me fail once.
    The Critical Star Drop increase is also welcomed, as Emiya has the innate ability to project stars like a boss if a Brave Chain is achieved.
    Spoiler: On Favorite Servant
    Show
    So far, Emiya has been my favorite since the series and the Visual Novel.
    Unlimited Blade Works was such a good arc and I got to enjoy his past, motives and growth to become what he was until the very end. In F/GO, he is currently my most leveled servant (along with Altera) at 60, and he is pretty much as Ref Fel describes him. He swipes the board if you can boost his NP damage either with Chaldea's Mystic Code or Altera's first ability, he just deals with whatever non-lancer/ruler opposing you.

I also know about Mysterious Heroine X, and I want the Saber Wars event to happen so I can try to grab onto her. But my true objective is to get Ishtar, as a Tohsaka Rin hardcore fan >:)
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

So i just Ascended Carmilla (finally) a Caster Cu. Very happy with both of them, working on Proto Cu now, but i need some XP cards to get him to 30, cuz i wasn't blowing a 4 star XP card when i only need half of it for him. So besides dailies, wheres a good place to get those?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

So i just Ascended Carmilla (finally) a Caster Cu. Very happy with both of them, working on Proto Cu now, but i need some XP cards to get him to 30, cuz i wasn't blowing a 4 star XP card when i only need half of it for him. So besides dailies, wheres a good place to get those?
    Dailies are your best bet. Soon as you can do the most stamina-costly Ember dailies, that's where you'll get your best exp - pretty much exclusively gold cards. It's also good player exp, and should level you up pretty quickly. Which means higher team cost, which means bigger team, which means better ability to take on the high-end Ember dailies...

In a couple of days of farming that level, I got enough exp to level all of my Servants to at least their first Ascensions. All of them. Second, in EMIYA's case. From my 4-stars down to my 1-stars, every single one. (I haven't Ascended all of them, but they're now Ascension-ready, at least.) It's as quick a system as you could ask.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Dailies are your best bet. Soon as you can do the most stamina-costly Ember dailies, that's where you'll get your best exp - pretty much exclusively gold cards. It's also good player exp, and should level you up pretty quickly. Which means higher team cost, which means bigger team, which means better ability to take on the high-end Ember dailies...

In a couple of days of farming that level, I got enough exp to level all of my Servants to at least their first Ascensions. All of them. Second, in EMIYA's case. From my 4-stars down to my 1-stars, every single one. (I haven't Ascended all of them, but they're now Ascension-ready, at least.) It's as quick a system as you could ask.
    Oh wow. I havent been able to do the lvl 40s, though i think im gonna give it a shot now with Carmilla and Caster Cu. Also i got Cu Proto Ascended and did his Interlude, does that get me anything besides new speech options?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow. I havent been able to do the lvl 40s, though i think im gonna give it a shot now with Carmilla and Caster Cu. Also i got Cu Proto Ascended and did his Interlude, does that get me anything besides new speech options?
    I don't think Protodog's Interlude gets you anything other than what drops, so basically your Saint Quartz and I think some material. Not a lot of Interludes get you more than that - usually, what you get, you get from Ascensions. A couple of Interludes do include an upgrade, such as EMIYA's second Interlude, but those are the exception.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think Protodog's Interlude gets you anything other than what drops, so basically your Saint Quartz and I think some material. Not a lot of Interludes get you more than that - usually, what you get, you get from Ascensions. A couple of Interludes do include an upgrade, such as EMIYA's second Interlude, but those are the exception.
    Well, glad thats clarified. Now to go devise a team to use with Proto Cu, im thinking Crit Spam....
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've just started and am still not clear as to what I'm doing. I'm not all the way through the tutorial yet and haven't faced anything but weak zombies so nothing big has happened. I'm mostly interested in the servants I've nabbed from my free tutorial pull and the one who was sitting in my item box:

So far I have:

Mash (who seems to be story related and so is going to stay in my party for the moment).
    Romulus *** Lancer
    Elizabeth Balthroy **** Lancer
    Artoria Pendragon "Lily" **** Saber
    Ushiwakamaru *** Rider

So far I'm running around with Saber (lily) and Shielder (Mash) but the true hero is whoever I snag as a friend code because nothing I've faced can survive a light tap from a support servant.

Also - I've noticed that Elizabeth can grab "upgrade" materials but Lily can't - for the moment I'm hoarding everything since I don't know what I want to do with anything.