New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Well the new event has started, and I decided I had enough spare quartz for a ten-summon. No Iskander...and I got Assassin!Emiya. Because I need more Assassins, apparently.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still trying to decide whether to compose a token-farming team or not. I have none of the high-rarity Servants for it (except Lancelot), but all of the low-rarity ones; I could do it, if I really, really wanted to.

I just... I have my farming team. And it's a good team. It shreds basically everything. I'm happy with that.

In other news, Broskandar banner taunts me. I already used a summon ticket on it (no dice, just another Saber Gilles), but I'm going to wait to whale until it transitions into the Waver/Broskandar combo. We'll see how that goes.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's the real question..who pulled Angra Manyu? Because he's in the FP summon now.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

spent well over 250k fp and no angra mainyu. did get a couple hundred face hassan though

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Got Angry Man after about 250K FP.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Got Angry Man after about 250K FP.
    Congrats on that amazing luck!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

I've finished the main event missions, and am now into the "real" part of the event: cleaning out the shop and maxing out the event Servant. I've just unlocked the "Defeat 20 Gozul the Strongs/Crystal Golems/advanced enemy type" missions, and I was wondering if their spawns were more prevalent at higher ranked missions? Most of the A and EX rank missions are locked behind material requirements, and I was trying to figure out if it would be quicker to grind out the advanced enemy missions for their unlock materials or if it would be faster to buy the unlock materials from the shop and do A/EX missions to clear our those quests faster.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    I've finished the main event missions, and am now into the "real" part of the event: cleaning out the shop and maxing out the event Servant. I've just unlocked the "Defeat 20 Gozul the Strongs/Crystal Golems/advanced enemy type" missions, and I was wondering if their spawns were more prevalent at higher ranked missions? Most of the A and EX rank missions are locked behind material requirements, and I was trying to figure out if it would be quicker to grind out the advanced enemy missions for their unlock materials or if it would be faster to buy the unlock materials from the shop and do A/EX missions to clear our those quests faster.
    Yeah, you get 3 waves on higher ranks at the least. There's a guide on the FGO reddit that walks you through everything.

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

For what it's worth, I ended up clearing the unlock materials from the shop well before I cleared the main storyline of the event. This let me go after higher difficulty side quests sooner, which gave me more materials and helped me clear the "Kill X number of Y type" enemies, again before clearing the main storyline. After having done that, I actually had a lot of the bonus missions partially finished already, which made things a lot easier. Everything's unlocked now, and with the exception of Shadow Servants and leveling Iris, I'm basically just picking off remnants at this point.

Probably the biggest advantage to clearing the shop out early? Now that I have pretty much everything I need, there's no need to bring a farming team. And with a proper team, I'm basically steamrolling even EX missions.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Bugbear in the Playground

No Angra, or Kiri, or Hundred Faces but Iskander did show up twice in twenty rolls. I guess he likes me a lot more than Karna and and Jalter do?
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

I'm about halfway through the quests, and probably about 80% through the story portion of the event. I can clear the A Rank farms easily enough so far which is nice of course.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #1002

I have to say, every scene in this event with Kayneth in it is pure gold. I almost feel bad for him at this point - almost. I love how Waver's basically being super vindictive and saving his life at the same time.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I have to say, every scene in this event with Kayneth in it is pure gold. I almost feel bad for him at this point - almost. I love how Waver's basically being super vindictive and saving his life at the same time.
    It gets even better, trust me. Doubly so if you've seen FATE/Zero.

In other news, I cleared all the EX missions, now I just need to farm the seals I need for stuff I want to buy, and I've already cleared out a good deal of the shop, it's mostly that last event CE, Mana Prisms and ascension goods.

The game also really wants me to have all the Assassins. I tossed another of my growing supply of summon tickets at the event banner, and got the new 3* Hassan to go with the Assassin!Emiya I got from my 10-pull.

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #1004

The writing in this session has been pretty on point, I've enjoyed it a lot myself. The bit with Kariya and Iskander was probably my favorite bit. Just walking him through the obvious thing to do.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Default IRe: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

This is a serious event. All the others have been comic relief in one way or another. I like a lot of what they did with this story

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi hi, new to the game here (it works in Australia now, I guess? didn't last time I tried).
    Is it worth leveling up any of the following Assassins:
    Phantom of the Opera, Charles-Henri Sanson, Mata Hari, Cursed Arm Hassan or Sasaki Kojirou.
    I'm okay with most of my other servants (just no Berserker I like yet), but is it worth waiting for a higher star assassin?
    My first summon was Martha, who doesn't seem particularly strong, but I'm really into dropping Tarasgues on people, so she's in Waifu territory for Riders.
    Anything not too obvious I should know getting started?
    Also also, are friend points good for anything other than summons? Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Hi hi, new to the game here (it works in Australia now, I guess? didn't last time I tried).
    Phantom of the Opera, Charles-Henri Sanson, Mata Hari, Cursed Arm Hassan or Sasaki Kojirou.
    I'm okay with most of my other servants (just no Berserker I like yet), but is it worth waiting for a higher star assassin?
    My first summon was Martha, who doesn't seem particularly strong, but I'm really into dropping Tarasgues on people, so she's in Waifu territory for Riders.
    Of those Assassins, Cursed Arm Hassan is the one most worth your time. Don't be fooled by his 2 star rarity, he's probably still the 2nd to 3rd best Assassin in the game, and unless you get very specific Servants he will go unchallenged in his role as Crit Star generator. A gacha game is about either whaling until you get what you want or making due with the hand you're dealt, so you should never "wait for a higher star character." Basically never assume you'll get a specific Servant; I still don't have Caster Gilles and Billy the Kid (come home William ;-;), and they're just 3 stars.

Friend Points are used purely for summons. Also remember that everyday you get one free friend point summon. Hit that often enough and you'll get every one or two star Servant in the game (and enough spare copies to max their NPs.)

Martha is a firmly okay 4 star Rider. She has a unique niche as a debuff remover, and there she's quite tanky with her high HP and heals. She should be quite serviceable and if you can pair her with certain other Servants (Ruler Jeanne and Tamamo Cat mostly) you can reap the full benefits of her first skill.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

cursed arm hassan is definitely a good assassin. there are some better ones but hey are all super duper rare and impossible to get.
    also now that Martha has got her strengthening quest, once you get her forth ascension she is actually quite decent. before now her heal was just a bit low before and in a few months she should get a second strengthening quest to unlock her third skill. Her NP isn't the greatest in damage but it is still serviceable and a freaking tarrasque, it's decent at farming and the defense down is great plus eventually it will get strengthened as well but that is a bit of a ways off if you are on the NA server, but she is a pretty good rider overall and has her own niche.

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Of those Assassins, Cursed Arm Hassan is the one most worth your time. Don't be fooled by his 2 star rarity, he's probably still the 2nd to 3rd best Assassin in the game, and unless you get very specific Servants he will go unchallenged in his role as Crit Star generator. A gacha game is about either whaling until you get what you want or making due with the hand you're dealt, so you should never "wait for a higher star character." Basically never assume you'll get a specific Servant; I still don't have Caster Gilles and Billy the Kid (come home William ;-;), and they're just 3 stars.

Friend Points are used purely for summons. Also remember that everyday you get one free friend point summon. Hit that often enough and you'll get every one or two star Servant in the game (and enough spare copies to max their NPs.)

Martha is a firmly okay 4 star Rider. She has a unique niche as a debuff remover, and there she's quite tanky with her high HP and heals. She should be quite serviceable and if you can pair her with certain other Servants (Ruler Jeanne and Tamamo Cat mostly) you can reap the full benefits of her first skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    cursed arm hassan is definitely a good assassin. there are some better ones but hey are all super duper rare and impossible to get.
    also now that Martha has got her strengthening quest, once you get her forth ascension she is actually quite decent. before now her heal was just a bit low before and in a few months she should get a second strengthening quest to unlock her third skill. Her NP isn't the greatest in damage but it is still serviceable and a freaking tarrasque, it's decent at farming and the defense down is great plus eventually it will get strengthened as well but that is a bit of a ways off if you are on the NA server, but she is a pretty good rider overall and has her own niche.
    Thanks! Hassan it is then. Yeah, I figured I shouldn't get my hopes to high for any particular servant (can't help wishing for Astolfo though), but there's a difference between waiting for your dream servant and waiting for a half-decent one, right?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks! Hassan it is then. Yeah, I figured I shouldn't get my hopes to high for any particular servant (can't help wishing for Astolfo though), but there's a difference between waiting for your dream servant and waiting for a half-decent one, right?
    Yeah in terms of crit generation, Hassan is second only to jack the Ripper, a 5* assassin.

You can also get 3* servants from the friend summon, though it's notably rare. But I've gotten enough duplicates of several servants to max out their NP, like Cu Chulainn and Medea, who are both very good at what they do.

But for a chunk of the early game, you'll be partially relying on your support servants to get through some battles. Pretty much everybody has 4 or 5 star servants in there, and they can really overpower some missions.

In event news, I finished out all the quests for the event, but I'm not even going to try and do the special bonus battle against Darius, I know I don't have the stuns needed to take him on. Now I just need to clear out the Ascension materials and CE boosters at my leisure. And save my quartz for whatever comes next.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of Assassins, I did my pulls on the Waver/Broskandar banner and... Well... Apparently the game wants me to have Assassins now.

I used my weekly Ticket, and nabbed Stheno, temporarily completing the Medusa family. (Medusa, best Rider waifu.) Then I did a bunch of SQ pulls, because Best Bros Banner, and got EMIYAssassin. And Hundred Face. (Asako, best Assassin waifu, for now.) This is on top of my existing Assassin loadout, which includes Shiki, Carmilla, and basically all of the other Assassins from 1-3 stars.

Game wants me to murder. Neat.

No Waver, no Broskandar, that makes me sad. But with Iri, EMIYA, and EMIYAssassin, I now have the makings of an Emiya family reunion.

Because eventually we'll be getting Ilya and Kuro, and that's just an adorable image in my mind. Particularly because the only Arturias I have are Ortas. And just the image of EMIYA introducing Ox King Orta to his family amuses me. So much.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Speaking of Assassins, I did my pulls on the Waver/Broskandar banner and... Well... Apparently the game wants me to have Assassins now.

I used my weekly Ticket, and nabbed Stheno, temporarily completing the Medusa family. (Medusa, best Rider waifu.) Then I did a bunch of SQ pulls, because Best Bros Banner, and got EMIYAssassin. And Hundred Face. (Asako, best Assassin waifu, for now.) This is on top of my existing Assassin loadout, which includes Shiki, Carmilla, and basically all of the other Assassins from 1-3 stars.

Game wants me to murder. Neat.

No Waver, no Broskandar, that makes me sad. But with Iri, EMIYA, and EMIYAssassin, I now have the makings of an Emiya family reunion.

Because eventually we'll be getting Ilya and Kuro, and that's just an adorable image in my mind. Particularly because the only Arturias I have are Ortas. And just the image of EMIYA introducing Ox King Orta to his family amuses me. So much.
    I threw the rest of my tickets from the event at the WaverBro banner, and got another Hundred Face, which is nice. If i didn't already have Jack, Shiki, Carmilla, EMIYAssassin...ah well. Didn't spend any quartz, saving that for whatever upcoming waifu banner approaches.

Factotum Variants!

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

To chime in with the others Hassan is excellent and Kojiro isnt a slouch himself. He requires a bit more work than Hassan, but hes a solid Crit Star generator in his own right, and very easy to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Finished the event so I can do some specialized grinding for Nero's skills. Went in blind against Darius and almost got destroyed. But Nero saved the day in a one on one dual thanks to her insane survivability. She only had Mash's FP CE equipped too.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    To chime in with the others Hassan is excellent and Kojiro isnt a slouch himself. He requires a bit more work than Hassan, but hes a solid Crit Star generator in his own right, and very easy to level.
    Kojiro, Savior of France.

His glorious victory shall never be forgotten.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Praise be to the Great Dragon Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

i'll be honest, i never had a problem with the dragons in France even though i didn't have an assassin. the only one that gave me trouble was the big guy that they give you Siegfried for. later dragons started to feel kinda hard but ended up just feeling like an endurance test for the arts team i ended up with before i started getting more and more high damage quick servants (as opposed to the ones that are mainly for crit star generation and support).

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #1018

When the game originally came out in JP the wyverns were all a lot tougher then they are now. And back then there weren't many people who had assassins other then Kojiro, who ended up being the saving grace for a lot of people. Leading to the memes that have continued to this day.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Also, no 40AP Ember Gathering quests so gold EXP cards were rare and your servants lacked levels. So Regend came and saved the day and now dragon are just bigger swallows.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2018-04-28 at 07:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Praise be to the Great Dragon Slayer
    For some reason I just find this hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    When the game originally came out in JP the wyverns were all a lot tougher then they are now. And back then there weren't many people who had assassins other then Kojiro, who ended up being the saving grace for a lot of people. Leading to the memes that have continued to this day.
    Entertaining and educational!

In other news, Berserkers! Kiyohime, Spartacus, Erik Bloodake and Asterios - who to level up? I might never use any of them, but I'm stockpiling berserker embers and whatnot, so may as well use them.
    I'm leaning towards Asterios, because minotaur, but also I can max out his NP and his stats seem good. I could probably use another decent face-buster since my main team leans on arts and quick a lot.

Up to the Okeanos singularity, but is it worth going back and doing the bonus quests in completed levels? I mainly tap away at them when I don't have enough AP for the main quests.