New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I dunno, he has blue armor and his red spear. Thankfully I had some lancer crystals to boost him up with. I also got my first Caster in the form of Mozart.

And yeah, I'm not getting rid of anyone.
    That's regular Cu. There's Prototype Cu, who's a little different, but regular Cu (who has guts and evade) is nice because he's incredibly difficult to kill.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

He got tired of the gag in Carnival Phantasm apparently.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Ah! They killed lancer!

You're not human!

We're getting the update and the Do Computers Dream of Electric Sheep?'s parody: Does Moon Goddess Dream of Dumplings?

Full information on the event here.

Although I'm waiting for the halloween event, I'm rolling once maybe for the Rin Craft Essence, and some of the ascension materials (this is for you, Ushi!)

Edit: Manteniance countdown: here.
    It will last 2 hours and 10 minutes, aprox.
    Last edited by Yael; 2017-08-16 at 07:14 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

I'mma be totally honest, Carnival Phantasm is my favorite of the various Fate-related animes. It just gives me such a happy.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd been planning to completely sit out draws - even tickets - on the mood fest banner because I had 3/4 of the pick up servants already and had already burned my available tickets (but bit precious quartz) on trying to grab Jeanne. Then I got my 7 day in a row ticket and decided to give it one yolo pull just because.

I now need a lot of archer xp cards for Orion who will eventually replace my level 50 Robin Hood. Glad I hadn't done Arash's third ascension yet from Orion's NP I'm guessing she should be paired with arts heavy decks to try and get the most out of her No charge down effect.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Well I opened the first event quest and Marie and friends kicked my butt, guess I need to go grind/do story.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I have over 45 Saint Quartz, so I decided to blow a bunch on a big pull on this pick-up. And... Nada. Got a couple of 3-star Servants I can use to upgrade NPs (amusingly, none of the featured ones), and two 4-star Crafts - a duplicate Sealing Designation / Enforcer, and a new Be Elegant. And given that the big reward for this event is a crit star Craft... Those two are a little less valuable than they might be.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I did a 30 quartz 10 pull. Got a new Kaleidoscope (my second), which I think will be going to one of my subs when there aren't event quests going. Got one of the more buns craft essences too. No 4 or 5 star servants though. I might be able to get enough tickets for a 10 pull from that as well, which I'll try later, since I need all of the featured servants this time around.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, I'm just excited over the possibility that I might be able to hit EMIYA's 4th Ascension with this event. All I need are Archer Monuments and a Heart, and those are available as rewards. Then, if I can clear his Strengthening quests, since this event was also kind enough to provide skill-up gems...

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Well, i did a 10-pull on the Moon Banner. Got some nice stuff like Medea, Ushiwakamaru and Jing Ke.

Then I got Gaius Julius Ceasar and I really don't want this fat ugly jerk as my only Saber. That's not fair.

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Well, i did a 10-pull on the Moon Banner. Got some nice stuff like Medea, Ushiwakamaru and Jing Ke.

Then I got Gaius Julius Ceasar and I really don't want this fat ugly jerk as my only Saber. That's not fair.
    He may be all of those things you said, but he's also a pretty solid Saber in his own right. He certainly dances rings around Lily.

Also, good pulls!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I didn't go for the 10-roll, but used four tickets.

I got twice the 3 star event CE, an Ushiwakamary and Heaven's Feel. Considering I want to build up a Noble Phantasm team, I'm satisfied, although I wanted the Rin CE... And I really wanted that CE...

"**** if I know."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

I pulled all the summon tickets I got from the event and...got an Orion!
    She's my second 5-star along with Altera, and ironically, I just yesterday used all my archer XP and evolution materials on Atalante, thinking that I wasn't going to get anything better. So...I'll be working on that, slow Orion evolution coming up. She seems really neat though, and I love that she gets several defensive buffs while being able to increase her damage in a couple ways (especially against male targets).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I pulled all the summon tickets I got from the event and...got an Orion!
    She's my second 5-star along with Altera, and ironically, I just yesterday used all my archer XP and evolution materials on Atalante, thinking that I wasn't going to get anything better. So...I'll be working on that, slow Orion evolution coming up. She seems really neat though, and I love that she gets several defensive buffs while being able to increase her damage in a couple ways (especially against male targets).
    Orion is quite nice. I don't know how much time it will take the English version to get there, but when you get to the 6th singular point, you will be glad - and I mean glad - that you made that pull.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Out of curiosity, a question for those who play / have played JP: When you do a character's Strengthening quest and upgrade their skills (e.g. EMIYA's Clairvoyance -> Hawkeye), do skill ranks carry over, or does the upgraded skill start over at 1?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Out of curiosity, a question for those who play / have played JP: When you do a character's Strengthening quest and upgrade their skills (e.g. EMIYA's Clairvoyance -> Hawkeye), do skill ranks carry over, or does the upgraded skill start over at 1?
    No worries, the skill level does not change. (If it did... that would be really nasty.)
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    Orion is quite nice. I don't know how much time it will take the English version to get there, but when you get to the 6th singular point, you will be glad - and I mean glad - that you made that pull.
    Good to know. I'm mostly judging whether to use my quartz and tickets based on the supporting servants. For example, in this case, not only did I need Orion and got lucky, but I also don't have Marie and I had not gotten Jing Ke's or Ushi's noble phantasms to max level, so I figured that even if I hadn't gotten lucky on the 5-star, I wouldn't feel bad about my pulls.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Well, another summon on the Orion banner got me Prototype Cu, to go with the one I got from a free friend summon, another Medea, Robin Hood and Tamamo Cat, who is awesome because catgirl. And Robin Hood is a better archer than the one I had. Arash is awful, because his NP is a suicide attack and I'm just 'why?'

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Well, another summon on the Orion banner got me Prototype Cu, to go with the one I got from a free friend summon, another Medea, Robin Hood and Tamamo Cat, who is awesome because catgirl. And Robin Hood is a better archer than the one I had. Arash is awful, because his NP is a suicide attack and I'm just 'why?'
    Arash is actually decent, if you can get around his suicide thing. (And there are ways.) That's because his NP is incredibly potent, and easy to max out, given that he's such a common Servant. But yeah, Robin Hood is pretty solid, particularly because of the synergy between his active Poison ability and his NP.

Medea is awesome in an NP-charging team, but a total nuisance to Ascend up properly. Still probably my best Caster.

Tamamo Cat is... Hm. I mean, other Berserkers have their niches - Heracles has Evade and plenty of power, Vlad has Guts and a Def boost and can NP charge well, Lancelot is great for crit-gathering and has an AoE... But Catzerker doesn't have that. Her Atk is lower than some, she only gets a Def boost after her third Ascension, and her NP - while AoE - includes a self-stun. Now, you can counteract that with someone like Marie who removes debuffs, but otherwise, it leaves a naturally vulnerable unit even more vulnerable - and less useful. Still, if she's the only SR Berserker you have, she's at least solid, and her Craft gives a nice party HP buff.

This event... Ugh. On the one hand, I really enjoyed the narrative. (Particularly Georgios, with his "THOU ART A DRAGON?!" outburst.) But on the other, the sheer slog of it. The drop rate for special dumplings was just so low that it took forever to unlock the next chapter, which was incredibly frustrating.

I'm probably not going to invest in the Crafts, but instead grab as many of those gold monuments as I can afford. Probably Rider and Assassin, since I've already max-ascended EMIYA. (Sorry, Robin, but you and Arash go on the shelf.)

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

This event... Ugh. On the one hand, I really enjoyed the narrative. (Particularly Georgios, with his "THOU ART A DRAGON?!" outburst.) But on the other, the sheer slog of it. The drop rate for special dumplings was just so low that it took forever to unlock the next chapter, which was incredibly frustrating.

I'm probably not going to invest in the Crafts, but instead grab as many of those gold monuments as I can afford. Probably Rider and Assassin, since I've already max-ascended EMIYA. (Sorry, Robin, but you and Arash go on the shelf.)
    Are you sure you're doing it right? The 5 stamina werewolves have the highest chance of gold chests, and with the craft essences that boost drops, you typically should have been seeing 5-10 special dumplings per 5 stamina even before you got anything else due to helpful friends with them equipped. If you did a 10-pull on the special machine or got the initial farming done to get the 5 star event essence, that starts to go way up (you can also get lucky and have the essence drop for you as you're doing the story). In my case, I completed all 4 chapters the first day, only having to farm werewolves a handful of times to get the dumplings needed to unlock the next story.

Honestly, at this point, the challenge is just that the 5 stamina runs are so efficient that the game is consuming too much of my time and I've started running harder ones just to use up my stamina faster.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Are you sure you're doing it right? The 5 stamina werewolves have the highest chance of gold chests, and with the craft essences that boost drops, you typically should have been seeing 5-10 special dumplings per 5 stamina even before you got anything else due to helpful friends with them equipped. If you did a 10-pull on the special machine or got the initial farming done to get the 5 star event essence, that starts to go way up (you can also get lucky and have the essence drop for you as you're doing the story). In my case, I completed all 4 chapters the first day, only having to farm werewolves a handful of times to get the dumplings needed to unlock the next story.

Honestly, at this point, the challenge is just that the 5 stamina runs are so efficient that the game is consuming too much of my time and I've started running harder ones just to use up my stamina faster.
    See, that's clearly where I went wrong - I farmed the highest difficulty I could each time, assuming (perhaps mistakenly) that higher difficulties had a higher drop rate for special dumplings. I did have enough friends lined up that I was getting at least +5 on my drops, though.

In any event, I managed to get that bit done a day or two ago, now I'm just farming regular dumplings for lack of anything better to do. And let's not forget the chance the 30-stam one has to drop Hearts, which are useful.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

See, that's clearly where I went wrong - I farmed the highest difficulty I could each time, assuming (perhaps mistakenly) that higher difficulties had a higher drop rate for special dumplings. I did have enough friends lined up that I was getting at least +5 on my drops, though.

In any event, I managed to get that bit done a day or two ago, now I'm just farming regular dumplings for lack of anything better to do. And let's not forget the chance the 30-stam one has to drop Hearts, which are useful.
    So, here's how's it set up based on my anecdotal experience (which is maybe 30-50 different runs of these things). The 5 stamina mostly gives special dumplings, which are actually worse for getting rewards from the event, they're functionally 1/2 a normal dumpling. You typically get 2 special/1 silver from werewolves, but that can vary. The 10 stamina enemies typically drop 2 regular and 1 special, and usually have 1-2 more per drop. It's less efficient than werewolves with the +3 dumplings craft essences equipped because you're paying twice the stamina for only slightly better odds. Similarly, the 20 stamina gives more dumplings per drop and rarely has more than one special dumpling drop, but even though you're getting more than twice as many dumplings as you might from werewolves, you're paying 4x the cost so it's still less efficient. 30 stamina is even worse, though it drops usually triple regular dumplings and with numbers high enough that if you have multiples of the +100% craft essence rather than the +3 craft essence, you can actually start seeing good returns from it, though it's likely still less efficient than the werewolves since it drops special dumplings sometimes.

Then we have Orion. She always drops 30x regular dumplings as far as I've seen. That costs you 40 stamina, so it's still way less efficient than werewolves. However, if you somehow get a whole team with the +100% craft essence giving you 180 dumplings per 40 stamina, it's actually better than werewolves.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, I finally got everything from the shop, except for the 2000 and 5000 CE, which I'd like to get for next year's Moon Fest, but I'll keep it down as I want to level up other servants.

For the remainder of the Event, my support Emiya (Max Ascended) has the +3 CE, so use him whenever you need to farm the 5AP quest :)

I'm gonna save quarts and items for the Guda Guda event, which should come after the halloween event.

How's farming going?

"**** if I know."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I now hate dumplings with a passion I normally reserve for hating Gilgamesh. Also werewolves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

I am definitely not going to have everything from the store by the time the event ends. I will, however, probably have those gold statues, and likely a number of silver ones.

And I'm with Nerd-o-rama. Hate dumplings.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

I've barely touched the event, but that's mostly because I'm lacking in levels so I've been focusing my efforts on the daily exp crystal battles.

I also seem to be getting more Berserkers than anything else in the friend draw, it's kind of weird. And slightly annoying.

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I took a break from the event today because I've got 15+ of all the gold statues already and I need one saber gold statue to get Altera to final form. ONE SABER MONUMENT. ONE! (It hasn't dropped in 5 runs so far and I'm out of stamina).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Frankly my goal is to just get the special craft essence, plus id like to get Orion, but i lack enough tickets or Soul Quartz

Edit: I paid for 2 pulls, and im not happy with them. The first pull was utter crap, i just got a second Projection and Be Elegant, the other 2 pulls i made got me a Marie Antoinette (meh) a Stheno (i have Carmilla so i dont care) and a Romulus with a few nice Craft Essences. SO, nothing i overly care about. I mean the Heaven's Feel and the Formal Craft where nice, but nowhere near what i paid to get them. Im actively angry.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2017-08-22 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Yeah that's why I'm not pulling. I don't want to spend money and would rather be disappointed by banners that include more than one character I want.

I mean, even on a banner, you have a less than 1% chance of pulling a specific 5-star Servant, although I'm not sure how the 10-pull rule of always getting a gold affects those odds given that it includes thr much more common CEs. The rate up just means you're more likely to get that specific 5-star Servant. You could do a hundred regular rolls or ten 10-pulls before you could reasonably expect one 5-star Servant.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-08-23 at 06:43 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Frankly my goal is to just get the special craft essence, plus id like to get Orion, but i lack enough tickets or Soul Quartz

Edit: I paid for 2 pulls, and im not happy with them. The first pull was utter crap, i just got a second Projection and Be Elegant, the other 2 pulls i made got me a Marie Antoinette (meh) a Stheno (i have Carmilla so i dont care) and a Romulus with a few nice Craft Essences. SO, nothing i overly care about. I mean the Heaven's Feel and the Formal Craft where nice, but nowhere near what i paid to get them. Im actively angry.
    Yeah that's why I'm not pulling. I don't want to spend money and would rather be disappointed by banners that include more than one character I want.

I mean, even on a banner, you have a less than 1% chance of pulling a specific 5-star Servant, although I'm not sure how the 10-pull rule of always getting a gold affects those odds given that it includes thr much more common CEs. The rate up just means you're more likely to get that specific 5-star Servant. You could do a hundred regular rolls or ten 10-pulls before you could reasonably expect one 5-star Servant.
    True. It's why it almost feels like a relief when the Saint Quartz flow slows to a trickle - there's no longer a pressure to pull well on a banner.

I have my handful of 4-star Servants, no 5-stars, and I'm pretty unlikely to get another... Basically ever, barring freebies. My first reaction to that was tremendous frustration - a game like this, all about awesome Servants, should let me have awesome Servants. (See my rant upthread.)

But the fact is, there are very few useless Servants. Even a 3-star or 2-star has particular uses. And once you've reconciled yourself to the fact that you're probably not getting anymore 4- or 5-star Servants without spending real money, there's a certain feeling of relief. You can work on leveling up your best characters and not worry about getting new ones. You can plot out your teams based on what you have, rather than what you might have. And if you do miraculously get another 4- or 5-star, it's an exciting and unexpected treat, not something you were hotly anticipating and whaling for.

It's why, for example, I felt comfortable max-Ascending my EMIYA, despite knowing that there are other more powerful Archers out there (e.g. Gilgamesh). I'm confident that he's basically all I have, other than Robin and Arash, so I feel good building him up.

If it sounds a bit fatalistic, well... That kind of futility is kind of the tone of the franchise. So, appropriate, I guess?