New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Yeah Okita does look good... I have to save my quartz though... Maybe my insane luck will pull through again if I do just a few pulls.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm saving most of my quartz for when best girl is released NA. I will have Astolfo.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    I'm saving most of my quartz for when best girl is released NA. I will have Astolfo Ishtar.
    Fixed that for you.

Seriously though, if I don't get X or Ishtar I'll cry
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Anyone rolling for Drake?
    I got to, baby, I got to.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    In other news I hate ascension materials. I've been unable to find a single chaos claw and ghost lantern farming takes forever.
    Tell me about it. I've been sitting in the Dark Forest in Germania just trying to get one of those things. Need a bunch - plus Berserker Monuments aplenty - before Heracles will finally be max.

If there's one thing on which this game is totally unforgiving, it's material farming.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

I'm experiencing this right now trying to get Caster pieces for Cu
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

I'm saving my quartz for Iskander. Or at least I plan to. We'll have to see what happens, my self-control is not that strong.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    If there's one thing on which this game is totally unforgiving, it's material farming.
    Supposedly it gets much much better. Like, actually worth your time better.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    Supposedly it gets much much better. Like, actually worth your time better.
    It does. I'm not entirely sure as to when, but daily misions will feature [class] training ground, with 50-60% drop rate on [Class] Monuments, 70-99% on [Class] Pieces, and a superior increase in [Class] gems.

All these misions similar to the current ones in term of cost: 10-40 AP.

Here's a graph of the current drop rates from Japan, and the second tab helps with USA.

"**** if I know."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yeah... I get that Arturia is the mascot and all, so they have about a dozen of her, but having a multitude of Bathory feels a bit iffy to me. I mean, she's an Assassin, a Lancer, a Caster, a Berserker... and a pretty nasty piece of work. It's a bit "ew," frankly.
    Elizabeth has a bit of an issue with needing attention - the whole 'held in arrest in her room, and eventually dying in there while being ignored by her captors' thing left her with a major issue with regards to 'not being paid attention to'. As such, she's prone to trying to make appearances whenever she can in F/GO, especially the Halloween events, where Halloween Elizabeth (Caster) and Brave Elizabeth (Saber) appear.

Carmilla (Assassin) is specifically Elizabeth in adulthood, borrowing the name of a vampire from a novel inspired by the tales of 'The Blood Countess', as opposed to all other versions being her at ~14, before she committed her crimes.

And Berserker Elizabeth was a class-change she performed in CCC (while it adjusted her NP, it didn't change much else about her compared to her Lancer self). And on the note of Liz and CCC, note that Elizabeth as we see her in F/GO is her after a significant turn in her character development that happened in CCC (basically, she recognizes that the way she lived was wrong, she wants to do/be better, and wants nothing to do with the 'Elizabeth Bathory who grew up to become the infamous Blood Countess', but knows that she can't exactly undo what she already did in life).

Whoa, whoa, back up. The story of Kiyo actually does involve her turning into a dragon, folklore-wise, so it makes sense that her advancement would do the same, irrespective of Madness Enhancement. Rather, what qualifies her for Berserker is the fact that, again according to the folklore, she went crazy enough to turn into a dragon. Historical crazy frequently translates across to Berserker crazy.
    I'm aware of the legend of Kiyohime - have been since before F/GO released in Japan, even. The point I was making is one that F/GO notes - she managed to turn into a dragon despite having no connection to anything draconic before she did it. She didn't have some sort of involvement with a magical artifact (like Fafnir), and she didn't have any dragon ancestry (compare to Elizabeth Bathory, who in the Fate franchise did have a little bit of distant dragon blood, hence part of why she appears with horns and a tail in Fate works) - she just turned into a dragon out of yandere craziness alone.

With respect to Madness Enhancement EX, or EX ratings generally, an EX rating isn't so much "greater" than an A rating as it is "cannot be measured." This was established in Fate/Extra CCC, when Sakura is comparing security levels to "Servant stat-measurements."

So, basically, Madness Enhancement EX isn't a stronger Madness Enhancement than Madness Enhancement A; it's something on an entirely different, immeasurable scale. Hence, Kiyohime, who has an EX stat, isn't under greater influence than, say, Lancelot (C rating), but rather is under an entirely different influence.

That influence, apparently, being concentrated supernatural yandere.

This is supported by a list on the Type-Moon wiki - all of the examples of Madness Enhancement EX are capable of some degree of reason, but instead possessed of some other kind of derangement, whether it's Kiyohime's yandere nature, Vlad's vampiric tendencies, or Nightingale's sociopathic sadism.
    Actually, EX doesn't represent 'immeasurable', so much as it means 'an extremely high outlier data point', one that would require a reformatting of the Rank system to actually accurately measure. Nasu has given us an example when comparing two particular Noble Phantasms. If, on a scale, Excalibur (Rank A++), had its output measured as 300... then Ea's maximum output mode, Enuma Elish (Rank EX), on that same scale, would measure as 4,000. It's just not feasible to add enough ranks to the scale to measure a point so far above everything else, so it's summed up as Rank EX.

Fate/Extra CCC, in the same scene that refers to EX as 'an exception', tells us what something truly 'immeasurable' comes up as: Rank ★.
    Last edited by Tsuzurao; 2017-09-23 at 08:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Hello, thought i would pop in here since i've been into the game for almost 2 months now.

if you want to add me to your friend's list my ID is 939,415,749 tag: NeoPhoenix.

support settup
    Nero Claudius 3/4/- lv 70 NP:2
    Artoria Alter 3/3/- lv 50 NP:1
    Robin Hood 3/3/- lv 44 NP:5
    Cu Chulainn lancer 4/4/- lv 40 NP:5
    Medusa 2/4/- lv 40 NP:5
    Zhuge Liang 1/1/- lv 70 NP:2 (I swear blue caster gems don't exist)
    Jing Ke 3/3/- lv 40 NP:5
    Kiuohime 4/4/- lv 40 NP:5

I know 5 of those are friend point drops but this game messes with me. besides Zhuge Liang and Marie Antoinette, this game only gives me sabers for rare servants. I have every 4 star saber, seriously.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Zhuge Liang 1/1/- lv 70 NP:2 (I swear blue caster gems don't exist)
    Caster Gems?!

Saber pieces are like the lost link, if you ask me.

Also, claws.... those claws...

Added~

"**** if I know."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Caster Gems?!

Saber pieces are like the lost link, if you ask me.

Also, claws.... those claws...

Added~
    blue caster gems specifically, i have 9 red ones

also i have 9 saber pieces after acsending my saber alter once and my nero.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2017-09-26 at 01:44 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    blue caster gems specifically, i have 9 red ones

also i have 9 saber pieces after acsending my saber alter once and my nero.
    You're technically right. They're only farmable in the expensive Friday and the drop rate is poor. Rider and berserker are easier, assassin is in the same boat.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You're technically right. They're only farmable in the expensive Friday and the drop rate is poor. Rider and berserker are easier, assassin is in the same boat.
    at least you can farm blue assassin gems in bordeaux.

Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Oh ya I never added my actual tag to this thread. I have been playing since launch.

if you want to add me my ID is 192,524,732 Name: Silva.

Support List:
    Gilgamesh 4/2/4 lv 80 CE: Kaleidoscope
    Nero 3/4/- lv 70 CE: Kaleidoscope
    EMIYA 1/1/- lv 60 CE: Imaginary Element
    Cu Chulainn 4/4/- lv 50 CE: Quick Black Keys
    Medusa 6/2/- lv 40 CE: Imaginary Element
    Hans Christian Anderson 1/2/1 lv 55 CE: Dragon's Meridian (Maxed)
    Sasaki Kojirou 3/3/1 lv 50 CE: Moonlight Fest
    Heracles 4/4/3 lv 70 CE: Verdant Sound of Destruction

I also have a level 60 Arturia but I can't ascend her due to lack of dragon fangs. I am just waiting for the events to give out guaranteed drops though because farming is just painful otherwise. I think Halloween gives out fangs though so I shouldn't have to wait too long. Same with the other things I need to max ascend Nero/Herc/Gil

I agree with the pain of getting blue caster gems though, I swear they just don't exist. Luckily I only have Hans as a worthwhile caster and all of his skills are pretty bad. Hopefully I can get some by the time I get Medea Lily though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Farming Caster pieces sucks. Thankfully i just Ascended Caster Cu again, so hes good for a bit. Kinda want his third skill, so thats another Ascension and a few more Forbidden Pages.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Oh look, the new summon banner is up and I have 68 quartz.
    Dupe Cu, Dupe Medea, Dupe Lu Bu, Dupe Medusa, New Euryale, of course my guaranteed 4* is a craft essence, New David.

Let's do it again!
    Dupe Kiyohime, Dupe Cu, the same 4* craft essence again twice, Dupe Gilles, Dupe David, new Hektor...

Wow. That was kinda crap. I mean, leveling up NPs is nice and all, but I wanted someone more interesting.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2017-09-28 at 06:44 AM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I too have done my two pulls, and most of my SR/SSR cards were CEs. Only one that wasn't was an EMIYA dupe - but hey, level 2 NP, right?

Did get a bunch of Euryale, Hektor, and David, though. (Side note, I like how they made the pronunciation based on the original, Dah-biid, instead of the modern, Dei-biddo. Nice touch.)

As for CEs, I did get some good ones. Another Kaleidoscope. A Code Cast, that was neat. But yeah, as usual, dry pulls.

Time to save up for Halloween.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I too have done my two pulls, and most of my SR/SSR cards were CEs. Only one that wasn't was an EMIYA dupe - but hey, level 2 NP, right?

Did get a bunch of Euryale, Hektor, and David, though. (Side note, I like how they made the pronunciation based on the original, Dah-biid, instead of the modern, Dei-biddo. Nice touch.)

As for CEs, I did get some good ones. Another Kaleidoscope. A Code Cast, that was neat. But yeah, as usual, dry pulls.

Time to save up for Halloween.
    I got...three Code Casts? I didn't really look to see how useful they were, I still don't really have the cost to use the good CEs and my best servants yet.

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I got...three Code Casts? I didn't really look to see how useful they were, I still don't really have the cost to use the good CEs and my best servants yet.
    Thing about Code Cast is that it's great in short fights. Some CEs give a weaker buff (e.g. +DEF, +Buster) without a duration, but Code Cast gives a more powerful buff (+ATK and +DEF) with a time limit - three turns. If you can crush the opposition in that time, it's awesome; likewise, if you want to dump it on your glass cannon to sweep early waves, it's a nice investment. In a long slog fight, not as useful.

As for leveling? My advice would be to farm the highest difficulty exp material dailies - they also give good master exp. Especially if you were around for the Fate/EXTELLA release event, where you got a free Spiritron Portrait CE - that grants +50 master exp for every completed mission. I farmed those dailies for just a little while, and pretty much maxed out. As long as I keep Mash in my party, I've got room for 4-star Servants, and 4- and 5-star CEs.

Also, don't forget that if you have a useful-but-situational CE, you can combine it via fusion to increase its max level. More importantly, though, once you have combined it the maximum number of times, its effect increases. For example, Kaleidoscope normally grants 80% NP gauge; when fully combined, it grants 100%. Code Cast boosts ATK and DEF by 25% for three turns; when max combined, that's 30%.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

I got Anne and Bonny. it;s not drake but i'll take it. i also got hektor and a new 4 star craft essence.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

> rolls
    > Gets Code Cast.
    > Leaves Gacha

I am so happy as that was the only thing I wanted from this gacha~ Now I'll properly save for the Honnouji and Saber Wars events~

"**** if I know."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Thing about Code Cast is that it's great in short fights. Some CEs give a weaker buff (e.g. +DEF, +Buster) without a duration, but Code Cast gives a more powerful buff (+ATK and +DEF) with a time limit - three turns. If you can crush the opposition in that time, it's awesome; likewise, if you want to dump it on your glass cannon to sweep early waves, it's a nice investment. In a long slog fight, not as useful.

As for leveling? My advice would be to farm the highest difficulty exp material dailies - they also give good master exp. Especially if you were around for the Fate/EXTELLA release event, where you got a free Spiritron Portrait CE - that grants +50 master exp for every completed mission. I farmed those dailies for just a little while, and pretty much maxed out. As long as I keep Mash in my party, I've got room for 4-star Servants, and 4- and 5-star CEs.

Also, don't forget that if you have a useful-but-situational CE, you can combine it via fusion to increase its max level. More importantly, though, once you have combined it the maximum number of times, its effect increases. For example, Kaleidoscope normally grants 80% NP gauge; when fully combined, it grants 100%. Code Cast boosts ATK and DEF by 25% for three turns; when max combined, that's 30%.
    Yeah I've been combining the CEs with themselves until they max out their max level. I do grind the xp dungeon...it just seems that half the time when I have the time to do so, it's the saber dungeon and I don't want to spend Saber motes on the sabers i have because they are ugly.

I actually ran low on QP earlier too...until I did the QP dungeon and got like, a million.

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

I did a single 10 roll because I wasn't too excited about anyone but Francis and getting a 5 star is super hard in even with the rate up.

I got Orion, Eurayle and Code Cast.... Why do I have so many archers. I have Gilgamesh/Orion now and I have Atlanta and Emiya and now Eurayle and Robin Hood. I don't need this many archers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    I did a single 10 roll because I wasn't too excited about anyone but Francis and getting a 5 star is super hard in even with the rate up.

I got Orion, Eurayle and Code Cast.... Why do I have so many archers. I have Gilgamesh/Orion now and I have Atlanta and Emiya and now Eurayle and Robin Hood. I don't need this many archers!
    i only have robin hood... why do i have every saber except the five stars though!

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post

Just run all archer team all the time. You can never have too many archers, they're all awesome.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Anne Bonny and Mary Read's NP seems extremely strong for single target fights.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground

I originally wasn't going to do this pickup, but now that I'm interacting with Drake and especially Euryale in story I kinda want to... Man, saving up SQ is hard.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

I did one pull, got Hector (oh god another Lancer) Euryale (meh i have Robin Hood and Orion, im happy) The 600% crit star absorption CE (which is kinda nice), Anchors Away and Code Cast (which is also nice) oh and i blew my 4 summon tickets, nothing of note there except a second Crit Star Absorption CE.

So ya, not dumping anymore, gonna save my remaing 54 SQ for a Saber i really like, cuz i realistically only have Saber Lily right now (sorry Sigfried, you're to situational)
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Well, hmm. I pulled, got a Code Cast, a Euryale, and an Altera. Not exactly what I was looking for from this particular set, but NP 2 Altera makes me happy, so I'm satisfied.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes