New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A Monster For Every Season (Spring) - Printable monster minis for your tabletop g

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    So unless Rich decides to add them, no Hill Giants in the Summer pack.
    The mountain trolls in the spring pack can make some pretty neat hill/rock giant proxies, though : Twice as tall as normal minis, grey (and not green) skin, big nose and stupid-looking :)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Monster For Every Season (Spring) - Printable monster minis for your tabletop g

I think these look great. Our table already has a million more minis and tokens than needed, though...
    Attention LotR fans
    Spoiler: LotR
    Show
    The scouring of the Shire never happened. That's right. After reading books I, II, and III, I stopped reading when the One Ring was thrown into Mount Doom. The story ends there. Nothing worthwhile happened afterwards. Middle-Earth was saved.

3. - Top - End - #63

These pack a lot easier than minis do. And if your players are into counting coup, you can let them pile up the pennies from each of their kills.

4. - Top - End - #64

Planetar

These are rapidly becoming my go-to for tokens when I need to populate a roll20 table with monsters.

Have werebats or a similar critter shown up in any of them?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutema View Post
    These are rapidly becoming my go-to for tokens when I need to populate a roll20 table with monsters.

Have werebats or a similar critter shown up in any of them?
    I don't remember seeing any. The closest I can find to a were-anything is a Seawolf (hybrid form) in the Summer set.

If you're having trouble finding monsters, you might try this (expired - check with a moderator before posting) thread: (Monster-Minis!)-The-OotS-Style-Monster-Manual-Art-Project.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Just wanted to say "Thank you" for making these miniatures. My players love them (including one of my player's children: they've developed a passion for assembling them and coloring the line-art versions), and I get a nice bit of nostalgia for the old boxed adventures I picked up in KB Toys ages ago.

P.S. If you happen to need a small (well, Tiny, really) creature to fill up a space in a future pack, let me put in a word the platypus. I know a grey dwarf druid who'd be absolutely thrilled. Thanks again.
    Last edited by TheBeggarDwarf; 2017-07-28 at 08:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Why would you want a platypus? They don't do much, you know.

I mean, it's not like the males have poison spurs on their hind feet or anything...
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As many times as my player has used that platypus to bring down my villains, I want to know where that thing is on the battlefield at all times. And it will make her happy. Happy players are much easier to manipulate.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I decided to keep those an exclusive for the Kickstarter backers, both as a special bonus for them and so as not to cause a problem with my good friends at Moreland Miniatures, who produce the metal-and-resin official OOTS gaming miniatures.
    Out of curiosity, are they done with new OotS miniatures? Seems a long time since one was announced.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Out of curiosity, are they done with new OotS miniatures? Seems a long time since one was announced.
    Your guess is as good as mine. They let me know when they want to make a new one, and they haven't mentioned anything to me, either. I think it's probably we've just reached the point where the characters left to do are simply not going to be popular enough to warrant doing them, but I'm not sure.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

How would those different monster 'classes' work in 5e... I notice some of them are from 4e where monsters have different types, where 5e simplified them into just one or two types. Goblin cutter is an example. How would they work in 5e?
    Lassar avatar made by myself, with RPG Maker MV

Be as gentle as the water.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Hollysword View Post
    How would those different monster 'classes' work in 5e... I notice some of them are from 4e where monsters have different types, where 5e simplified them into just one or two types. Goblin cutter is an example. How would they work in 5e?
    However you want them to. There aren't any rules to what each one has to represent, I just used various names and armor/weapon choices as a springboard for inspiration. If you want your band of 5e goblins represented with the Goblin or the Goblin Cutter or the Goblin Archer, it's all fine. It's a starting point, not a prescription for how to use them.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Hollysword View Post
    You could introduce small differences to the build. "That one wields small daggers, but he's quicker/stealthier/gets 2 attacks a round/has a sneak attack"
    Or you could use it for narrative purpose. "The one with the knife is the goblin who broke into your rooms and stole the crystal of MacGuffining. He's running toward the altar, while the othere are blocking your way"
    Or simply to have different faces in the crowd, even if there is no real mecanical or narrative difference between them. Because having every goblin wield the very same gear would be pretty boring. They're not hobgoblins, they don't have a military supply chain ^^

I find all these models of goblin pretty cool, myself. Feels more like real stick-people if they are not all wielding the same generic shortsword ;)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, another question then, if I may: How would you suggest I could pick out specific ones to print out? Say I just need one specific elf ranger, how should I do it to save ink by not printing the rest of the rangers?
    Lassar avatar made by myself, with RPG Maker MV

Be as gentle as the water.

15. - Top - End - #75

Very basic possibility : Printscreen, then paste on paint and cut out everything you're not interested in? (Or using a printscreen program that allow you to cut directly during the copy, like 20/20 or Screenpresso)

I've no doubt there are more elegant ways, but I'm pretty tech-illiterate, so that's the one I've used in the past.
    Last edited by Kardwill; 2017-08-08 at 06:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Cmd + Shift + 4 on Macs also lets you automatically do cut screenshots.
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Or the Snipping Tool on PC

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Any plans on including Psionic Danger/Illithoid/Mind Thingies in the Winter set?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hey this is a neat product! I'll definitely buy the Spring one, and then we'll see how much my group enjoyed it.
    Check out the guys at MitD's thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaggerPen View Post
    I still need to trim it down based on publication date, etc., but for now, it's a start.
    It has almost 21k monsters at the moment.
    ... who says we've run out of monsters to check?

20. - Top - End - #80

Since I just mentioned it in the latest Kickstarter update, I thought I would mention here that the Summer set will be released sometime in the next week or two, depending on how long it takes me to convert stuff. The usual slate of announcement threads/banners/news posts will let you know when it's out.
    Rich Burlew

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Since I just mentioned it in the latest Kickstarter update, I thought I would mention here that the Summer set will be released sometime in the next week or two, depending on how long it takes me to convert stuff. The usual slate of announcement threads/banners/news posts will let you know when it's out.
    I have a new campaign starting Sunday, and would love to have the Summer set in place so I can have as many people as possible running around in Oots form. You want to edit and post stuff. You feel a compulsion to do so, and an almost euphoric feeling of rapture and satisfaction when doing so....

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi, Rich. I know this isn't the proper place to mention this, but I know you check here frequently. The most recent wallpaper is awesome, but the links still contain the word (Haley) from the Pyrohydra wallpaper.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: A Monster For Every Season (Spring) - Printable monster minis for your tabletop g

Had to register for the specific purpose of saying how much I love these minis.

I grew up playing with Steve Jackson Games' Cardboard Heroes and love them to this day. They're the exact same fold-em-over style of paper mini. The scale is a little different, but I figured out that if I print the OotS minis at 80% original size, they scale together perfectly. The simple and bold art style lends themselves to a slight reduction in size.

Now I have Soooo many more monsters!

I'll be getting the other seasons as soon as they become available.

24. - Top - End - #84

Hopefully some time this week (you hear this, Giant? The soft jingle of our money, ready to pay for the next season?). Thank you for the tip about CH.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

25. - Top - End - #85

I regret to inform you the next set will not be coming out next week.

Because it's out now.
    Rich Burlew

26. - Top - End - #86

Ah, glorious day, caloo, calay! Here are the dinars I must pay. I must admit I've got a soft spot for underwater creatures.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

So I couldn't help but notice that the Orc Druid from the original publication of this set is missing from the new one.
    I could be dense and I'm missing it entirely, but it doesn't appear to be with Orcs or Druids.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Question of interest on the critters for all seasons packs - is there any plan to release them on roll20.net's market place? It'd be great to have access to them there!