New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Girl Genius XXII: Paris Needs Pants

It is a world ruled by Mad Science! Things happen. Usually, they happen to other people. This is entertainment. That's when the front door gets blown in- And you belatedly realize that, once again, you are doomed to be the entertainment in another exciting installment of: GIRL GENIUS!

Many elegant, finely-crafted, and vintage links follow:

Links to Previous Threads

Comic Links
    Link to current comic and link to the beginning of the strip. (Updates MWF, usually after Midnight [Eastern Time])
    The Continuing Adventures of Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer! (back on hiatus, may update in the future)
    A compilation (and much easier to read if you're just catching up) of the first three chapters can be found here at the GG website.
    And if one goes to snapbird.org and types in "Othar" in the 'Who?' field, all of Othar's adventures can be read on one page (albiet in reverse order of posting - Now must have a Twitter account to use).
    Mirror of the comic found on LiveJournal (No longer being updated as of Mid-May, 2017)
    Mirror of the comic found on Facebook (Will occasionally have Girl Genius related news)
    And one can find mirrors of Girl Genius on deviantArt as well. (Occasionally Kaja will put up or link to interesting GG related art that is found on dA)

Reference Links
    Wiki Project devoted to to Girl Genius
    Wikipedia entry on Girl Genius.
    TV Tropes page on Girl Genius.
    The Secret Blueprints (NOTE: Contains background information on the GG Universe, so it should probably be read after "catching up" to the newest comic, as it contains many spoilers.)

Social Media and News Links
    Phil Foglio's new Wordpress art, news, and blogging website.
    Kaja Foglio's LJ Page and Studio Foglio News LJ Page (Not currently being updated)
    Kaja & Phil's Personal Facebook Page (Not currently being updated)
    A twitter account that basically is a catch-all feed for Girl Genius related news.
    Cheyenne Wright's Twitter and LiveJournal Accounts (The colorist's twitter and LJ pages)
    And finally,
    Phil's old LJ page. (Occasionally contains crossposts from the Wordpress website)

====

Q: What is this "Sneaky Gate" y'alls go on about?

Sneaky gate: Named from this hidden gate in comic, it has become a name for viewing new comics early. Remember, if you're going to discuss the new comic, put it in spoiler boxes until the release time (12am EST).

Sneaky Gate 101:
    1. Right click the comic image.
    2. Select view image or copy paste the image location into the address bar.
    3. Modify the date to be the day you're trying to look at. (ex. 20120111 -> 20120113)
    4. Go to the modified url.
    5. Be disappointed when there's no early comic to read.
    6. Alternately, enjoy the comic!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2017-07-13 at 02:53 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXII: Paris Needs Pants

New comic

Is Red Monocle someone I should remember?
    He seems to be funny if ge thinks the Library could have stopped the Heterodyne without sustaining inacceptable losses.
    All the beautiful books that would have been destroyed...

That and the wonderful summary of Agatha's accomblishments in the City of Light so far are exellent reasons why the librarians „let“ her leave.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The coloring on this page looks weird, like some of the line art ended up on the wrong layer or was left transparent. The Lady Curator in the middle panel looks especially odd.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    New comic

Is Red Monocle someone I should remember?
    He seems to be funny if ge thinks the Library could have stopped the Heterodyne without sustaining inacceptable losses.
    All the beautiful books that would have been destroyed...

That and the wonderful summary of Agatha's accomblishments in the City of Light so far are exellent reasons why the librarians „let“ her leave.
    He's the head of security there. He had a fit when Agatha first arrived, and now he's having a fit because she's left. I suspect it is his position that she should have never been let in, in the first place.

I see Aldin is wearing clothes again.

No mention yet of whatever it was he and Larana went to such pains to get. Maybe it's too secret for the head of security.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think the sepia tone is a "flashback" by the Lady Curator.
    I don't recall seeing the guy, evidently a member of the library staff since he calls them "our secrets", who dislikes Agatha so.

He has a very "I set up the Lord High Conservator to be killed and I'm working for someone, possibly Grandma Sturmvaraous" vibe to me.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    The coloring on this page looks weird, like some of the line art ended up on the wrong layer or was left transparent. The Lady Curator in the middle panel looks especially odd.
    I can't see anything past van Rijn's ridiculous grin.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

And as per usual agatha leaves behind strongly split opinions because she does good work, but trouble is always around her.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #8

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    And as per usual agatha leaves behind strongly split opinions because she does good work, but trouble is always around her.
    It's almost as though she's the protagonist in an adventure story.

Agatha is in roughly the same position as Jessica in "Murder, She Wrote" - she never murders anyone, but everywhere she goes, death follows.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

9. - Top - End - #9

You can make a better argument for Jessica Fletcher being the murderer, and the criminal-of-the-week being a patsy, than you can that she just happens to be around for all those murders. Plus, Cabot Cove has a per capita murder rate that makes the Mexican Drug War look sedate.

Anyone else expecting a newly minted wasp eater to suddenly show up and go "SHREEEEE!!!" at that guy?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Anyone else expecting a newly minted wasp eater to suddenly show up and go "SHREEEEE!!!" at that guy?
    Agatha's didn't react to him. He could have been wasped since then, but I don't particularly expect it.

11. - Top - End - #11

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Agatha's didn't react to him. He could have been wasped since then, but I don't particularly expect it.
    To be fair, he's looking at a Slaver Wasp Engine from about 10 inches away in the last panel.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    To be fair, he's looking at a Slaver Wasp Engine from about 10 inches away in the last panel.
    Yeah, but he would have been safe enough if Larana hadn't smacked the globe down on its "Activate" button.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

It's almost as though she's the protagonist in an adventure story.

Agatha is in roughly the same position as Jessica in "Murder, She Wrote" - she never murders anyone, but everywhere she goes, death follows.
    Agatha Stormcrow?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    He's the head of security there. He had a fit when Agatha first arrived, and now he's having a fit because she's left. I suspect it is his position that she should have never been let in, in the first place.

I see Aldin is wearing clothes again.

No mention yet of whatever it was he and Larana went to such pains to get. Maybe it's too secret for the head of security.
    While he's obviously concerned about security, I don't think at any point it's said it's officially his job.

I do hope this is where we learn what Aldin and Larana were looking for in the crypts.
    Last edited by geoduck; 2017-07-08 at 06:27 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    While he's obviously concerned about security, I don't think at any point it's said it's officially his job.
    Yes, he is just referred to as the "Deputy Archivist," AFAIK.

I do hope this is where we learn what Aldin and Larana were looking for in the crypts.
    Me, too, in part because that led to Jiminez doubting Larana's love for him. Some readers complained that the romantic subplot seemed fake and superfluous. I wasn't bothered that much, but I would like to see it supported better.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

It looks like a Big Reveal coming tomorrow when we finally learn what Aldin got. But probably not what it does.

And that's a fair summery of how things have hit the fan. Although technically, Agatha / Lucrezia ARE responsible for a lot of it.

17. - Top - End - #17

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    It looks like a Big Reveal coming tomorrow when we finally learn what Aldin got. But probably not what it does.

And that's a fair summery of how things have hit the fan. Although technically, Agatha / Lucrezia ARE responsible for a lot of it.
    It looks like a hiatus/intemission/side story coming.. We do know that Aldin got the Heart of the Muse, but don't know what it is/does.

As the Kickstarter has already tripled it's goal amount of $50,000, playing a new video game may be exactly what Katja plans on doing for the next week or so.
    The Giant

18. - Top - End - #18

SamuraiGuy

It looks as though the Heart of the Muse is either above them, or really big. But it was something that could be casually picked up, so I'm guessing it floats due to its Immense Sparky Power that is going to cause Something to Happen.

19. - Top - End - #19

It looks as though the Heart of the Muse is either above them, or really big. But it was something that could be casually picked up, so I'm guessing it floats due to its Immense Sparky Power that is going to cause Something to Happen.
    I'd guess it's been plugged into/is powering some larger structure or object.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd guess it's been plugged into/is powering some larger structure or object.
    The Muse of War, a battle clank so powerful it was turned off and its power source was hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    It looks like a hiatus/intemission/side story coming.
    If you are referring to the extra panels at the bottom, they are old. They are originally from Revenge of the Weasel Queen. It can be a lot of fun when Kaja publishes alternate versions of panels.

22. - Top - End - #22

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    If you are referring to the extra panels at the bottom, they are old. They are originally from Revenge of the Weasel Queen. It can be a lot of fun when Kaja publishes alternate versions of panels.
    Nice recycling there, Fogllios.

Its previous use does reinforce my sense that a break in the main story will appear Wednesday.
    The Giant

23. - Top - End - #23

BlueWizardGirl

Well, that's not remotely ominous. . . .

Speaking of, which, if any, lords are still alive/not entirely dead who might return who could decide to use a Muse of Vengeance?

24. - Top - End - #24

BlackDragon

120 pages, a splash page, and we just had a summary. I think we've reached the end of Part 2 Vol 4.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Well, that's not remotely ominous. . . .

Speaking of, which, if any, lords are still alive/not entirely dead who might return who could decide to use a Muse of Vengeance?
    I would guess the Lord High Conservator, top leader of the Library, is who she's referring to.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2017-07-11 at 11:46 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

Did whoever built that cage make a spelling error?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Muse of Vengeance
    Even without the name activating that thing seems like a bad idea.
    That design promises she will leave nothing in her wake.

If she is activated I would recommend some activity that keeps you far away and safe, library staff.
    Something like a expedition to the Americas.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

It's going to be awkward when the Library discovers what happened to said Lord High Conservator.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Looking at the page number (#120) and the very ominous, and Cliffhangery end to this, is this the end of Book 4?

Did Gil have any story time at all in this volume? I can't remember seeing him for ages.

30. - Top - End - #30

SamuraiGuy

So, that needs a label that says "Break glass in case of very, very, very serious emergency".
    Also, the Library has not yet learned the Lord High Conservator is dead at the hands of Sturmvaraous Smoke Knights, working for Grandma.