New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cult of Arorch IC

Thank you.

With a wicked grin Aygan beats his Faust-given wings and rises to meet the paladin. Once airborn, he beats the inky-black pinions and a shower of razor-sharp feathers rains down on the men below to stain holy ground with their blood.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Accepting the spell, then using the Circle of Razor Feathers maneuver. All enemies within 30ft take (8d6)[27] profane damage (counts as evil-aligned, bypasses DR) and are sickened for 4 rounds. DC 18 Reflex save for half damage and reduce the sickened duration to 1 round.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

The airborne Paladin seems to instinctively dodge at Meph's web, taking no heed of the familiar as he appears ready to loose an attack.

Aygan moves to paint the church red with the blood of the righteous. The weakest among them are cut down where they stand, their bodies torn to ribbons. Others are grievously injured, but many seem to have persevered in spite of the onslaught. The paladin held aloft on wings of fire is one such foe, the feathers having mostly incinerated themselves on contact with his incendiary aura.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

One of the soldiers that was outright killed was threatening Royana. There is now only one swordsman and two polearm wielders threatening her

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Royana grins, head tilting down slightly as she addresses the enemy threatening her. "My dears, if one of your famed Paladins can see the truth of things and repudiate the light, what chance does this city have?", before glancing towards one of the polearm wielders, and giving a wink that is far from friendly.

Show
    Swift Action Intimidate against the Polearm wielder - (1d20+20)[27]

In a sudden blaze of movement, the 'paladin' attacks, first launching her sword at the throat of the swordsman, then, with an elegant and twisting step, moves to the polearm soldier she winked at, sword slashing across their face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1 vs Swordsman - (1d20+17)[21] Crits on a 32 or higher
    Crit Confirmation - (1d20+17)[31]
    Damage (1d6+17)[19]
    Crit Damage (1d6+11)[15]

5-foot step inside Polearm's reach

Attack 2 vs intimidate-checked soldier (1d20+12)[14] Crits on a 27 or higher
    Crit Confirm (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage (1d6+17)[19]
    Crit Damage (1d6+11)[13]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Royana's blade slices through the throat of the swordsman nearest to her, sending him collapsing to the ground like the soldier next to him. She steps forward, her presence cowing the man in front of her. He flinches, but she proves over-eager with her attack and her blade glances off his mail. They attempt to counter-attack upon Royana, achieving nothing but providing her an opening to deliver more deadly blows. One drops dead and another collapses to his knees, staggered.

The subtle trembling in the church ceases, and a dread sensation comes over each of the cultists. An overwhelming presence - no, two presences - have heeded the call to action. From behind them, on either side of the altar that Royana had so recently spat upon, two enormous shapes arise from beneath the surface. They tower above the humans doing battle here, their armor glistening with divine radiance, their shields steadfast, and their eyes yearning for righteous vengeance. They appear as mirror images of each other, and with perfect synchronization lances manifest in the arms of the two archons. [the archons take no further action this round]

A man at the very rear of the formation of soldiers charging into the church steps forward, there is a brief flash of light that washes over many of the injured men, their wounds closing. The Cleric looks fearful, standing as far back as he can while providing his divine assistance.

Several of the warriors veer off to attack Ricardo. Two poleaxes come crashing down, missing the nimble gnome, but a then blade comes out of nowhere and pierces his defenses. The swordsman - or swordswoman as it turns out - seems to be an amateur, but the sting of holy retribution that comes with the blow is particularly potent. [Ricardo takes 8 damage]
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-10-30 at 08:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"If there's one thing I loathe now," Royana says, eyes falling on the Cleric. "It's busybody clerics taking away from my murder!" she yells, before running at the priest, rolling and moving to dodge blows, Blade aimed at the cleric's throat

Show
    Swift Action Intimidate - (1d20+20)[34]

Couple of Acrobatics in case of AOO - (1d20+15)[31]
    (1d20+15)[17]

Attack on the Priest - (1d20+17)[18] Crit=32 or better
    Crit Conf (1d20+17)[25]
    Damage (1d6+17)[20] Plus one Bleed
    Crit (1d6+11)[12]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Royana leaps through the ranks of the remaining warriors. Swords cut through the air to catch her, but for most it is like swinging at their own shadow. One poleaxe comes close, but she repels the attack easily, her eyes upon her target. The Cleric is oblivious to her approach, overwhelmed by the onslaught. Her blade reaches outwards to strike at his exposed throat when the man stumbles unexpectedly. His head ducks down and the sword pierces the empty space where it had been but a moment ago. The cleric's fearful eyes meet Royana's his holy symbol extended as if it were a shield.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

While Royana dances through the men on the ground, Aygan closes with the paladin. Grasping hands reach out, pushing through the flickering flame in an attempt to batter and bruise the holy figure.

Show
    Moving to attack and using Bilious Strike. I'll also spend a swift and a Ki point to use Brutal Assault.

Attack - (1d20+18)[28] Damage - (1d4+13)[14] + (6d6)[27] and if I hit, he's nauseated for four rounds. DC 18 Reflex save drops that down to one.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust looks fit to have a fit as he sees the Archons appear. The wounds of the others healing does little to sate his temper.

He speaks with a deterrent hatred in his voice as his hand stretches out a burst of shimmering darkness erupts around the Archons.

Meph tries again to hinder the the Paladin with another bolt of webbing. Beelze will charge the nearest opponent that seems weak enough to handle.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Faust: Standard Action: Glitterdust DC19 Will save or blinded for both Archons.

Meph: Standard: Web (1d20+12)[17] against Touch AC on Paladin if it connects he is Entangled.

Beelze: Full Round: Charge a mook (1d20+8)[28]

Damage: (1d4+1)[2] + poison

Sting—injury; save Fort DC 15; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.

Str dmg: (1d2)[1]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo laughed as the blows struck him. He smeared some of the blood on his hand and danced a few feet away before he flicked the blood at the people who decided to strike at him, the light blasting from his hand and right into the foes' faces. At the same time he sent out to all the holy forces "Come now all you boys and girls! It's time to take a nice, warm nap!" He then sent to his compatriots "What do we require to start this fire?"
    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Five Step out of the attacker's reach and Color Spray once more.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Ricardo's blast of light confounds more of the enemies. The Paladin who stabbed him falls unconscious to the ground, while two other swordsmen nearby collapse. The two men with poleaxes, however, seem to have shaken off the effect and remain standing.

Faust turns his magic upon the two archons. A shower of golden lights descends on them, their forms glistening as the specks stick to them. Their glowing eyes clamp close, twitching in irritation. Meph once again attempts to thrust its web upon the Paladin, but he dodges the attack.

"Die, fiend," the Paladin screams as he lunges in attack at Aygan. Yet he does not charge forward as expected. Instead he swings his blade in Aygan's direction. A shard of steel and fire erupts from his sword, flying through the air and plunging deep into Aygan's body. The Paladin's furious blows continue. A second strike Aygan's leg, a third grazes his ear just barely missing, and a fourth rips at his arm. The holy retribution of the Paladin stings deeply, but Aygan remains standing through the onslaught and his fiendish resilience renders him impervious to the paltry flames of the Paladin's blade [Aygan takes 37 damage]

Aygan counter-attacks, seeking to destroy his opponent from the inside. He streaks through the air and his fist descends upon the Paladin, yet in a burst of speed the Paladin moves out of the way, avoiding the attack. He glares at Aygan, "pathetic wretch, you will meet with nothing but failure and doom here! Guardians, now!"

The Paladin looks somewhat surprised as the two Archons merely shake their heads. Blinded, they seem unable to follow through on the command of the Paladin. Instead they carefully lift their feet off the ground and levitate towards the sound of his voice. They silently and stoically take identical and synchronized stances, prepared to strike against any enemy they perceive with their remaining senses nearby.

The number of warriors has been whittled down now, and Ricardo's repeated shows of magic seem to have attracted the last of the swarm - including the summoned bull from earlier. Spear and horn attempt to impale him, but all the attacks fail. Still, he finds himself in an uncomfortable position with two swordsmen looping around to flank him from behind.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-11-04 at 11:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust sees the Archons stalled for the moment and shifts his focus back to the fight between Aygan and the Paladin. He commands Meph to return to his normal form and go aid Aygan. He begins speaking again in the dark tongue while focusing on the enemy posing the largest threat at the moment.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Faust:

Standard Action: Reveal Weakness on the Paladin reducing his AC/Saves by 4

Meph:
    Standard Action: dismiss his spider form
    Move Action: Fly to Aygan

Using Bodyguard and rolling AoO's VS AC 10 for Aid Another to boost Aygan's AC by 4 against the next 6 attacks this round.

(1d20+12)[28]
    (1d20+12)[16]
    (1d20+12)[31]
    (1d20+12)[27]
    (1d20+12)[22]
    (1d20+12)[21]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo's laughter grows louder even as he attracts the majority of the attention to himself for all of three seconds. And then he stops, growing completely silent as he points at the summoned bull and attempts to get rid of it. When the magic (likely) fails he seems to frown, more at his own failure versus the fact that his illusionary copies were likely to stop providing the distraction he needed soon.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Another five foot step out of reach and then casting Dispel Magic on the bull.
    (1d20+7)[11] vs DC 11+opposing CL.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2017-11-06 at 07:15 AM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Ricardo's magic envelopes the bull, but the spell doesn't buckle. It lowers its head to prepare for another attack, recklessly as if it expected not to get another chance. Seeing the vicious onslaught Aygan suffered, Faust focuses his attention on assisting his ally. He calls out to Meph, who moves near to Aygan to harry the Paladin and trying to thwart attacks.

"I'll deal with you in a moment, little fiend!" the Paladin ignores Meph. His wings of flame flex and he gains some height on Aygan, rearing up sword to once again flurry. A blow to his stomach, a blow to his check, and a third strike slams directly into his head. Aygan's eyes remain wide open as the burning shard lodges itself between them; his body begins to softly drift to the ground as his mental control over the fly spell loosens. A final attack by the Paladin, as if for good measure, narrowly misses him and crashes into the ground below. [Aygan takes 40 damage]

A chill wind blows through the open double doors of the church. The daylight spell that had illuminated it but moments ago is snuffed out like a candle. The only illumination remaining is the burning sword of the paladin, the illuminated archons, and the lonely light still sitting atop the altar. The smug satisfaction on the Paladin's face is immediately wiped clean.

Show

A reminder that we do have a houserule in effect that you only die when your negative hit points exceed your hit die + your constitution score. Aygan dies at -23 hit points. He is currently at -22 hit points

Spoiler: Aygan only
    Show

Spoiler: seriously, I mean it, Aygan only
    Show

Time crawls to a near stop. You are aware that your body is racked with pain, but it seems very distant now. It's difficult to piece thoughts together, and your senses are a mess. You can still hear the sounds of the battle, but they are warped and unintelligible. You can't really hear anything over that incessant buzzing noise anyways. You're fairly sure you aren't dead - not completely dead, at least - but you're also fairly sure you're not properly alive either.

The mortal world seems to be fading, but as it does new sights and sounds become more prominent. The battle grows dimmer, and that buzzing grows louder, and in the corners of your vision a amorphous shapes becomes clearer. Your half-dead eyes perceive what the living cannot; a swarm of insects flooding through the open double doors of the church. Each one bares a human face, and the buzzing you heard moments ago begins to sound more like the tormented chattering of a thousand dead voices. You hear the screams of the dead below as they are devoured by the swarm... and as their final gurgles cease a new chattering voice joins the host. A part of you prepares for what comes next, to be engulfed and consumed by... whatever this is.

"Is it alive?" your conscious mind burns; this voice isn't part of the swarm. It's an irritating, nasal voice, but it comes through quite clearly to you.

"Maybe? I think it's on the brink. Just one little thread left to snip, and it'll be free from that pesky mortal coil," another voice, this one sounding as if it had echoed across an entire mountain range, "oh, do you think we can keep it? I could use a new guard dog, and I'm pretty sure heaven or hell won't miss one soul,"

"I'm pretty sure they won't let you have it," the first voice responds to the second, and the nearby swarm grows agitated. For whatever reason they seem to be ignoring you for the moment.

"Oh, that's too bad. So why did you bother to call me?"

"Because, dear sister, things are changing in our old haunt. I think we may be rather late to the party as it is," the first voice is now grating on you quite heavily, as if it wants to be hated and revels in it.

"Hmm... so you want me to make a pact with this mortal then? I don't know... they might get a little pissy if I take this one from them," the second voice echoes repeatedly as if pondering what she just said, then suddenly the previous words are ripped away from your mind as if the creature had decided not to speak them at all, "fine, here's the deal mortal. I'll give you two additional lives - three in total - but in return I'll need you to complete my shopping list for me. I will need a complete set: the heart of a traitor, the hand of a king, the eye of a suitor, and true love's ring!"

The voices of the insects around you take notice of the offer. A few grow agitated and you can hear them over the rest of the swarm "tricksters!" "deceivers!" "untrustworthy!" "join us!" "slaughter!" "vengeance!"

Show

If you choose to accept the offer you may act immediately as if restored to full health. If you don't, make a DC 32 fortitude save to stabilize. If you fail, you die and find out what the swarm has planned for you.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Royana sees the strikes on Aygan with a mix of worry and... well, it would be impolite to mention the other emotion clearly displayed on her face. She lowers her rapier from another attack upon the cleric, and, laughing maniacally, moves towards the Paladin, voice calling out in blackest Infernal

as she pulls out a dagger and flings it towards the Paladin, the blade missing it's target, but hopefully garnering attention.

Show

Changed attacks don't matter, 'cos I rolled a 1 anyway >.>
    Attack (1d20+17)[18] Crits on 32 or better
    Crit confirmation (1d20+17)[27]
    Damage (1d6+17)[18]
    Crit (1d6+11)[15]
    Last edited by Genth; 2017-11-06 at 05:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Darvin Only
    Show
    The thoughts crawl like treacle, even as Aygan's wounds ache with pinpricks like thousands of tiny legs. Ever have I been apart from the crowd. Ever have I fought to be apart from the crowd. Those things... I am! I will not be joined with them - not while I still have the chance to draw breath.

Yet there's still some trepidation, and more than a small amount of fear, in Aygan's voice as he rasps his answer. "Eicharie... I accept your bargain. In Arorch's name..."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

A sound like the chord of a harp punctuates the church. It momentarily disorients everyone involved in the battle. Though it is only present for a split-second, it feels as if it draws out for minutes. In this moment of reverie everyone seems to stand still. Everyone except Aygan. [Aygan can act immediately, and the Paladin is treated as flat-footed]

Spoiler: Aygan only
    Show

"Arorch... oh, is that old trickster causing problems again?" Eicharie muses, "I'll have to go and meet with my old friend some time, but let's attend to the business at hand first,"

"Remember well that I need a complete matching set: the heart of a traitor, the hand of a king, the eye of a suitor, and true love's ring," Four hooks seems to dig into your heart and mind as Eicharie repeats every item on her list. You understand that she seeks very specific items, but she herself is unclear of what they are. There's a sinking feeling that this is your problem now, but those doubts are immediately erased as a surge of strength fills your body.

Your muscles responds once more to your mind, and thoughts begin to move clearly. The swarm of demihuman insects disappears from your vision as death relinquishes its icy grasp, though their irate chatter continues to ring in your ears even after they have disappeared completely. Time begins to pick up pace once more; the Paladin who struck you down has turned his gaze elsewhere... and is vulnerable.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-11-08 at 02:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Aygan comes to with his eyes already resting on the vulnerable Paladin, and with nary a sound but the beating of Faust's wings he rises to finish the fight. A blink puts him within arm's reach, and he slams his fists over and over into the holy warrior's joints and into the cracks of his armor.

Show
    Using Unfettered Progression to close the distance, then full attacking.

Attack 1 - (1d20+18)[37] Damage - (1d4+13)[17] + (2d6)[9] (This attack only ignores DR)
    Attack 2 - (1d20+18)[20] Damage - (1d4+8)[9]
    Attack 3 - (1d20+18)[37] Damage - (1d4+13)[15]
    Attack 4 - (1d20+18)[23] Damage - (1d4+8)[12]
    Attack 5 - (1d20+13)[15] Damage - (1d4+13)[16]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

The Paladin's eyes begin to turn towards Faust, having had enough of this foul pallor drawing in the full brunt of attacks. It is enough of an opening for Aygan to exploit; a powerful sucker punch sends the Paladin reeling, a second blow strikes his breastplate and glances off, but a third finds a weak spot and delivers a brutal impact through mail and padding. A fourth attack smashes into the Paladin's left arm as he tries to get his shield between him and the assailant. A fifth and final blow is repelled by the shield. [the Paladin takes 53 damage]

Battered and surprised, the Paladin reels backwards. Fresh blood washes into his right eye. He clenches his sword tightly, once again laying his gaze firmly upon Aygan. The fiery shrapnel of the Paladin's earlier attacks still protrude from Aygan's body, the most prominent being the one lodged in his skull. They slowly crumbling into dust and mist, revealing Aygan to be unharmed.

The Archons prove unable to shake off the blinding glitterdust that Faust had cast upon them. They continue to float cautiously forward, but the height off the ground they are flying keeps them safe from any opportunistic attacks. They stop as they are within reach of the sounds of combat, their other senses compensating for a lack of sight. The two creatures both raise their spears upwards, drawing what little light remains in this shadow-infested church. The tips of their spears glow and once again they take identical readied stances.

The Cleric raises his hand into the air and lets loose another wave of holy energy. Once again the strength and vitality of his allies is restored, but strangely those dying on the ground seem unaffected this time. The light doesn't touch them, and none of the fallen rise. Poleaxe and blade attempt to flank Royana as he harries the Cleric and Paladin, but she ignores them deftly with the most minimal of movement.

Ricardo finds swords on all sides, but the flurry of blows proves much easier to avoid than anticipated. The great bull gives one last attempt to gore Ricardo then dissipates, the magic binding it to this plane exhausted.

In the corner of your eyes, you notice three of the host of warriors have broken off from the fight with Royana and Ricardo, and seem to be intent on taking down Faust. The three of them scramble towards him in the darkness, guided by a faintly glowing magical light held by one of the swordsmen.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With Agyan unharmed, Royana's grin widens. "And the Demon of Fists Shall Rise Unharmed!" she cries out, as if speaking of a prophecy. (Naturally, it is entirely made up.) With newfound energy, she rounds on the two flanking her, a soft laugh pealing out, before she lashes out with one, and two slices of her blade

Show
    Attacks on the two flanking her (I assume it's two flanking her?)

1) (1d20+17)[28] 32 or higher crit
    Crit Confirmation (1d20+17)[20]
    Damage - (1d6+17)[18]
    Crit (1d6+11)[17]

2) (1d20+12)[14] 27 or higher crit
    Crit Confirmation (1d20+12)[13]
    Damage - (1d6+17)[21]
    Crit (1d6+11)[13]
    Last edited by Genth; 2017-11-10 at 08:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Aygan stays in close, punishing the Paladin for his arrogance, his impudence, and for all the failings of his faith that had lead him to this moment. Each blow pounded a message into the world: "I am alive. You will soon not be."

Show
    Full attack, using Iron Knuckle as my swift.

Attack 1 - (1d20+18)[36] Damage - (1d4+13)[16] + (4d6)[17]
    Attack 1 - (1d20+18)[25] Damage - (1d4+8)[11] + (4d6)[7]
    Attack 1 - (1d20+18)[31] Damage - (1d4+13)[14] + (4d6)[20]
    Attack 1 - (1d20+18)[20] Damage - (1d4+8)[11] + (4d6)[10]
    Attack 1 - (1d20+13)[31] Damage - (1d4+13)[14] + (4d6)[16]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo chuckles to himself as he dances between the blades and snaps his fingers, filling the area around him with a thick mist. At the same time he shifts his disguise to look like one of the other holy warriors and sends out to his team telepathically "I've disguised myself as one of the misinformed fools we're fighting. I'll be the one with a gash on my right upper arm*." Then, as if the battle wasn't confusing enough, he sent out to everyone "The damn mage turned invisible on us! Find him!"

Show
    Standard: Cast Obscuring Mist. If I can then I'll take that 5ft step to get in a safer place.

Free Action: Shift the disguise of my glamer to look like one of the people that's trying to stab me.
    *If one of them already has a gash on the right arm then adjust this bit so that I have some unique factor that won't stand out too much (like having bright pink hair or anything) but can still be used if the mist goes away.
    Disguise Check: (1d20+34)[43]

Bluff check to make the people trying to murder me think I also cast invisibility: (1d20+24)[36]
    New job, who dis?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust looks to the three coming towards him and shakes his head. Too little too late to be of much concern to him. He keeps his eye on the Paladin and continues speak his damning words.

Meph looks to the warriors and between them and Faust it would appear as if a solid wall of stone springs from floor to ceiling to block their path. He then resumes his orders to aid Aygan in defending himself from the Paladin.

Beelze will move to close in on those who broke off to attack Faust.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Faust:

Standard Action: Reveal Weakness of the Paladin to reduce AC/Saves by 4.

Meph:

Standard Action: Use Silent Image SLA while having Aygan between him and the Paladin to prevent the need for concentration or the Paladin getting an AoO. Silent Image of a solid stone wall blocking the path for those trying to close on Faust.

Non Action: Using his AoO's to Aid Another Aygan's AC against the next 6 attacks. His Aid Another raise Aygan's AC by 4.

(1d20+12)[21]
    (1d20+12)[26]
    (1d20+12)[19]
    (1d20+12)[30]
    (1d20+12)[19]
    (1d20+12)[31]

Beelze:
    Full Round Action: Double move to come up behind the three warriors that went after Faust.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

The air grows thick around Ricardo, a fog rolling out from around him. It laps at the heels of Royana and Aygan as they fight their respective battles. He adjusts his illusion to match the coat of arms of his assailants.

Faust's dark influence once again clouds around the Paladin. He seethes as Aygan returns to the battle, "no matter how many times you rise, I'll strike you down!" another wave of molten steel shards erupt at Aygan. However, the holy vindication that was present earlier seems to have faded. Whatever occurred to Aygan seems to have broken the previous smite. Very different from last time, Meph's interception blocks the incoming shards. But a single strikes home, but without the holy fury it is only a fleshwound [Aygan takes 3 damage]

Seeing his error, the Paladin once again renews his mark on Aygan. It provides a measure of defense to negate Faust's influence, but it is too little too late. A barrage of attacks from Aygan rips into the Paladin. He buckles backwards, unconscious, as he drops down into the thick blanket of fog below.

"Blair!" the Cleric shouts as he watches the Paladin fall, "I'm coming!" in his distraction he is met by the Royana's steel. He grabs at his injury, but once again raises his holy symbol. A flash of healing energy - this one seemingly quicker than the previous ones - closes the injury as quickly as it opened. He raises his holy symbol high and proud, and a burst of energy exudes outwards. The spirits of all the soldiers noticeably lift in spite of their leader having fallen. Blades fall once again in retaliation to Royana, but none strike their home. Instead Royana seizes an opening and severs the tendons of one of her attackers. It goes far deeper than even she imagined, her blade breaking through muscle and bone. The man screams as his arm falls limp, held together by only a few strands of sinew.

The Archons continue to move forward. Their menacing visage looms over both Aygan and Royana. Bolstered by his destruction of the Paladin, Aygan shakes off their influence. Royana, on the other hand, feels their oppressive presence weight heavily upon her. One of the archons remains blinded, and continues to cautiously move forward. It passes directly overhead of Royana, and stops to block the exit of the church. The other shakes free the glitterdust from his eyes just in time to see the Aygan pulverize the Paladin. It lunges forward with its spear. Meph attempts to dissuade the attack, but it is futile against such a determined attack. The blow strikes into Aygan, and the archon again relaxes into a combat stance [Aygan takes 15 damage].

Amid the fog cloud the soldiers blindly attempt to make their way to their target. The ones seeking Faust come up against the illusionary wall cast by his familiar. Some stop in confusion, others take a hard turn only to run into the actual wall of the building. Confusion holds them fast and blocks any further approach.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-11-14 at 01:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the aura of the Archons flows over Royana, she responds with a snarl, eyes narrowing and free hand clenching into a fist. Moving quickly, she darts away from her assailants, practically daring them to attack her and grant her the ability to end them in response as she charges for the Archon by the door, twisting through the air as she leaps to slice her rapier through the space occupied by its throat.

Ricardo, darling. she says through the group's link Be a wonderful person and retrieve that Paladin's sword for me? It'd be ever so useful

Show
    Charge attack on the Archon

(1d20+17)[27] Crits on 32 or better
    (1d20+17)[19]
    (1d6+23)[28] - using Panache point to double precise strike damage
    (1d6+11)[14]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

With a nod Ricardo moves through the fog toward the last known location of the paladin to try and grab said sword, darting through the combat. At the same time he sends to all of the enemies in the voice of a soothing angel "You've all done what you could. It'd be better for you to lay down and surrender."

Show
    Move: Move over to the paladin and grab that sword. Acrobatics to avoid attacks: (1d20+15)[16]
    Standard: Suggestion to try and get everyone to lay down their arms. If I can't do that then maybe Diplomacy/Bluff? (1d20+23)[36] (+1 for Bluff).
    New job, who dis?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Snarling more in anger than pain, Aygan steps inside the reach of the archon's spear and violently headbutts it before slamming a knee into what would be its genitals, were it human.

Show
    These are all Power Attacks, and I'll blow another point of Ki on Brutal Assault
    Attack - (1d20+16)[25] Damage - (1d4+17)[19]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[29] Damage - (1d4+10)[14]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[36] Damage - (1d4+17)[19]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[33] Damage - (1d4+10)[11]
    Attack - (1d20+11)[19] Damage - (1d4+17)[18]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Faust is feeling the strain of this fight. Even with the Paladin having been brought down, the Archons are another massive hurdle to overcome. It is unlikely that he can dismiss them, and with everyone else running on fumes as well the odds of them routing the remaining enemies were slim.

Meph maintains the illusionary wall as he moves with Agyan. Meph's mental voice sounds resigned and complacent as it enter's Aygan's mind. Recover your battle strength, and I will guard you, even take a hit from that thing for you. As you are now you can only scratch it.

Beelze closes in and attacks one of the swordsman that were going after Faust.

Faust shakes the exhaustion from his mind as he focuses on the Archon Aygan is fighting. He continues to draw forth the words of the void to weaken it for his ally as he moves away from the enemies that want him dead.

Show

Faust:
    Standard Action: Reveal Weakness on the Archon reducing its AC/Saves by 4
    Move Action: move away from the approaching swordsman.

Meph:
    Standard Action: Concentrate on Silent Image
    Move Action: follow Aygan
    Non-Action: Use AoO's to Aid Another Aygan's AC to raise it by 4.
    (1d20+12)[15]
    (1d20+12)[24]
    (1d20+12)[31]
    (1d20+12)[22]
    (1d20+12)[15]
    (1d20+12)[28]
    Immediate Action: Use In Harm's Way to take the damage from the hardest hit that lands on Aygan

Beelze:
    Move Action: close with swordsman
    Standard Action: Attack Swordsman
    (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Ricardo cautiously but quickly makes his way through the fog. The pews of the church present a minor obstacle, but fortunately no conscious foes stand in his path. He arrives at the location where the Paladin should have fallen. There on the ground he finds the blade, but a short distance from the hand that had so recently relinquished it. The flame that surrounded the sword has extinguished itself, but it still radiates with heat. Ricardo picks up the sword.

[Ricardo is now holding a Sharding Bastard Sword]

Faust focuses his attention on the Archon doing battle with Aygan, its lower half obscured by Aygan's fog while its upper half rises out of it like a mighty obelisk. He ducks into an alcove, finding his way up a side stairwell to the gallery above and a safer vantage. Meph continues to guard over Aygan, while Beelze moves to attack the swordsmen in pursuit of Faust. He finds one just dragging himself up from the ground - apparently having just recovered from Ricardo's magical attack. He's still severely injured from Aygan's razor feathers, having apparently been outside of the cleric's healing influence where he fell, but is standing and willing to fight. Beelze sees fit to latch onto his arm. The shock of the additional blood loss is too much, and the swordsman falls to the ground once more.

[swordsman takes 4 damage, is dying]

Royana leaps upward at the Archon, her blade catching its leg. At first it feels like striking against hardened steel, but something festers around her blade in the shadows that now envelop this church. Metal rends against metal, and then there is the familiar sensation of blood running thick under the creature's metallic hide. The Archon whips around, its spear having been readied to retaliate against anyone who might strike at it. However, the blind thrust misses its mark and Royana remains unscathed

[Archon takes 28 damage, bleeding]

Aygan unleashes a flurry against the Archon. His first fist is deflected by the Archon's shield, but he uses this opportunity to draw in closer. His second blow hits closer to home. There is the feeling of steel crunching under the force of his blow, but there is another sensation, as if hundreds of insects were crawling and biting at his hands. A miasmatic shadow coalesces around his clenched fist, blood both of his own and his foe dripping from them; the pain is fleeting, but it does prove a useful effect for breaking through the Archon's hardened defenses. He strikes again and again, punching more holes into the Archon's body, missing only his fifth and final blow.

[Archon takes 44 damage, Aygan takes 1 point of damage]

The priest once again raises his holy symbol, and a wave of healing energy pulses outward. His interference is starting to get very old. However, in a fortune turn of events, Ricardo finds himself within the priest's healing burst... and going unnoticed he was not excluded from the effect. The priest backs away, moving towards the exit of the church while staying out of Royana's reach. The other soldiers seem close to breaking, and Ricardo's call for surrender only adds to the confusion. "Fall back" cries one voice, "hold the entrance!" another answers, "call for reinforcements!", "Let the guardians deal with them!" panic breaks out into a route. Only a handful of apparently fearless low-rank Paladins remain standing in battle stance, most still lost amid the fog and illusions. The Archons seem disappointed in the flight of the mortals, but remain focused on their chosen marks.

[Ricardo heals 14 hit points]

One of the Archons pushes forward into Aygan, its spear flashing in hateful retaliation against its foe. Aygan dodges the first blow, only to find a second bearing down on him. Meph throws himself in the way, taking the brunt of the blow and tumbling to the wayside. Aygan does not allow the third spear strike to contact him, deftly dodging and returning to his stance and ready to counter.

[Meph takes 14 damage]

The second Archon, still blinded by Faust's accursed golden dust, strikes viciously at Royana. This time it proves significantly more accurate. As Royana's feet touch the ground and her back is exposed its spear strikes at her vulnerability. A second blow follows, while a third strikes only the ground as she sidesteps away.

[Royana takes 31 damage]

The shadows in the room grow ever more thick. The only lights remaining are the golden forms of the archons and the shining holy symbol of the priest. Even the light over top of the altar seems faded an distant beyond the fog, illusion, and growing darkness.

Show

Everyone's weapons all count as evil-aligned for beating the Archon DR. You may want to come equipped for that yourself next time, but for now someone - or something - has you covered. Aygan, however, takes 1 point of damage every round he makes use of this effect. He's probably got a bit more insight into that than the rest of you [evil GM mustache twirl]
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-11-15 at 04:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Aygan continues to pound the archon.

Show
    Attack - (1d20+16)[26] Damage - (1d4+17)[19]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[31] Damage - (1d4+10)[11]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[25] Damage - (1d4+17)[19]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[19] Damage - (1d4+10)[13]
    Attack - (1d20+11)[21] Damage - (1d4+17)[20]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Ricardo dances through the chaos once more towards Royana, sword in hand. He seems to trip at the last moment, reaching out and brushing a hand against Royana while dropping the sword. The second she disappears from view he sends out to the enemies once more "It's no use! The shadows are hiding them now!"

Show
    Move: Move to Royana now.
    Standard: Cast Invisibility on Royana
    Free Action: Drop that sword.
    New job, who dis?