New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Ropecon 28.-30.7.2017 - Finnish RPG Con

Hello all forumites, Finns and non-Finns!

It's that time of the year again - in three weeks we get to have a weekend of fun with playing games, awesome panels and maybe even the formal ball.

"What is Ropecon? Is it about ropes? WHAT IS THIS?!" you may ask. Ropes may be at play during some of the oneshot campaigns, but otherwise, not really.

I'm too tired to make a summary of the event, so I'll put up a link for it as well as copy the official info about the con.
    ROPECON 2017
    "Ropecon is the largest non-commercial role-playing convention in Europe. The three day event offers a diverse program schedule suitable for all ages from tabletop and live-action role-playing games to card games, miniature war games and board games. In addition to tournaments and other gaming related programs Ropecon also features lectures, panel discussions and workshops on a wide variety of topics. Two major awards, The Golden Dragon and The Deed of the Year, are presented annually at Ropecon for achievements and contributions to the Finnish role-playing game culture."

And so, the question rises...

Will you be around? What's your plans? Anyone fancy for a meet up?

Personally, I will be working at the International Meeting Point. This will be a chill area that'll be English Only to create an international guest friendly mingling spot for the con. All Finns are welcome though, no reason to be shy with your English skill! Could be a nice spot to meet up with you forumites, wink wink nudge nudge
    IMP will offer such things as board games, cookies (likely) as well as a tiny activity booklet created by yours truly.

I have also signed up to "GM" one game of Fiasco. Will also attend two education/pedagogy related panels/lectures.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2017-07-09 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ropecon 28.-30.7.2017 - Finnish RPG Con

I'll be there again, spending a bunch of hours at the Alter Ego table and wandering around otherwise.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be there again doing the same thing I was doing last year. I'm super imaginative like that.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the perfect way to meet up with me is to pop in to the IMP lounge. Sadly won't likely make it to your game this time, Frozen_Feet. Last time was hilarious.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'll be there again doing the same thing I was doing last year. I'm super imaginative like that.
    Ditto, which means I'll be preventing the seats from floating away at some talk program.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, finally got my shift hours sorted and will be derping around for the most of Friday and Saturday at the IMP lounge. It also seems like I'll be running a game of Fiasco on Saturday night starting at 18:00. It's gonna be a bit of a close one, since I gotta run to the spot from a lecture/panel I've been looking forward to seeing.

I've got no work on Sunday. It feels too empty. I don't know what to do.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~