Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Riverside 19

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra nods solemnly.

"Well then, as I said, I'll be in touch a little later. Until then." She rises, giving a pleasant smile, and heads for the door, assuming Dena probably wants to talk to Dipsnig alone after she's gone.

[Southside - The General]

A phone call comes in for the General, later in the afternoon. Electra identifies herself to the receptionist, and politely, but firmly, insists that she must speak to the Southside leader. Odd that she didn't simply come into the City Hall to chat, but the phone is probably good enough, especially if it's just to refuse her job offer formally.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Northside Tour

"And therein lays the primary issue that you'll have to resolve."
    Jezebel explains as she looks over the "poor" area. She's lived in far worse, but she doesn't make a comment about it. "When you're dealing with a god or deity, or some other ascended being, you need some sort of Ideal or belief. Something centric to the people who are to worship it. This is from my own experience however, so it could be different for you. You need something for the populace to follow, to believe in. Without it, you might as well create a tyrant and force others to worship it out of fear or law." She explains before taking a moment to consider her next words carefully.

"Of course, it is entirely possibly to create something new and have people love to follow it, even if the ideals aren't exactly right."
    She offers.

The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir and Harnetta

"The scariest part Wenomir, is that this is the safer model."
    Jezebel points out. "And there are many who are killed by their own weapon if it jams and kicks back. It takes a lot of skill to wield it safely. Or a lot of stupidity. I'm not sure yet." She admits as she sets a hand on top of the weapon while the swordsman and dragoness look it over. "This was created to take out heavily armored infantry, lightly armored vehicles, cut through rockcrete and plasteel, and to take on individuals with powered armor or power weapons, the last of which have energy fields that cause other weapons to shatter on impact." She explains.

"Since the chains are mono-molecular along the ridges, most things part around them, and anything stronger finds itself being dragged off balance. Quick slashes are a good idea, but if you're good you can twist the blade into a less-armored part of an enemy and let it dig in for a brief moment to cut right through a foe. Most things you'd use this against aren't very vulnerable either. We're talking about Orkz twice my height and ten times more massive, or daemonic entities."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

When Vax is posed with a barrier, she stops immediately. Nazaan's words are meaningless. This was a foregone conclusion as soon as they used force to get into Eastside. She crouches down to be as close to the hunter's level as she can. "I mean no one any harm. I am pursed, from above."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

Irena blinks, not really paying any attention to the letter even as she accepts it from Nadia's hand. "You're grounding the kid for swearing? Come on, Nad, that isn't fair. It's just words. It's really no big deal. Everyone swear sometimes, even you do."
    [Suncrest Manor]

"He swears all the time, though. He's getting in trouble at school for it. He can't keep it up." Nadia says.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - The Sleepover

The kids will find that the suckers are the hand-made variety, wrapped in bits of stiff plastic wrap and carefully made with tender love and care.

Or in Charles' case, just a bit of sugar, boiling water, and freshly squeezed ploin juice. With a bit of food coloring to make them all sorts of different bright colors.

The taste is...definitely fruit, slightly astringent like ripened persimmons, but also sweet from the sugar and slightly citrusy. Every batch, indicated by different colors, is a little different in taste from one another, but it isn't the worst candy out there. It's most likely that the children would love it for the sugar anyway. Overall, the flavor isn't for every kid, but Ariel definitely seems to enjoy it as she pops one into her mouth after breaking off her hug with Bastion. She tries to talk(possibly to say hello), but her mouth is full and she stops with a frustrated look on her face before opening her hand to collect the bits of candy wrapper from the others to be polite. If they hand it over, she'll scamper back to her mother to hand them to her to dispose of. "Well, I certainly think there are good children here. Please, come on in, Lords and Ladies Mithar." Jezebel says with a smile as she stands aside and holds open the door for them to come in.

Right inside, the children are greeted with a fairly large foyer with hardwood floors, racks for coats and hats, and even shelves for dirty shoes although Ariel seems to keep her polished black dress shoes on(complete with pink bow!). Charles is there to take any from the children, though Jezebel is the one to offer to take such from Cessie should the Mithars have brought anything that should be hung up. "My room is on the top, far left!" Ariel shouts as she darts off up the stairs that's along the right side of the foyer. At least, she would except Jezebel's hand reaches out to stay her shoulder gently. "Ariel?" Jezebel asks pointedly, raising an eyebrow as she looks at the little girl.

Ariel looks embarrassed for a moment before spinning around and curtsying. "Welcome to my home!" When she speaks, it is of course muffled, but the candy is tucked into her cheek this time around.

Sergei however, is still MIA.
    [The Lotus Gardens - The Sleepover]

The Mithars don't have any coats on this warm day, so Cora and Bastion are free to follow after Ariel. "We're coming, we're coming." Cora says, not wanting to get left behind. Bastion, on the other hand, pauses to give Jezebel a short bow before he follows the two girls.

Jillian hangs back by her mom. She scrunches up her nose and pulls the sucker out of her mouth and holds it up to Cessie. "I don't want it."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

As Iknika approaches the spot where the entity presumably is and attempts another attack, in invisible hand attempts to take a hold of her wrist before she can take a swing with the stool. This si followed by those eyes flaring up again, which might give the knight-in-training a headache if she looks too deeply into them. "Stop. It." The entity hisses an order, flashing a row of sharp teeth as whatever force is keeping it invisible seems to start to break down.

Meanwhile, Eliseo can see Dena just reaching the stairs as Koshal passes by carrying Faye. "Slow down kid, tell me what's going on first. What just happened?" She didn't even know what had bit the dog, 'medicine' was a rather vague concept when she didn't even know what to counteract.
    MERC Office- Kids

Koshal waves Faye and her bite mark around.
    "Your ghost showed up with mean eyes and Faye pounced it and says she feels sick. She needs to stop bleeding and maybe antivenin.
    Iknika is still fighting the ghost!"
    he points. Eliseo isn't mentioned because he's running away like a 'fraidy-cat.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"When I took her deal and drank some of her blood, yeah."
    Adir says, giving a little shudder when he remembers. It was about as unsettling a sensation as one would expect. The stag starts after her, lowering his bag from his shoulder to hang from his hand. He snorts, and his eyes don't linger. "You don't have to hold back for me."
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Not even a linger? Ilpholin is a little sad. She doesn't get dressed up in her form fitting catsuit for just anyone anymore. "Pro tip then: Don't drink the blood of someone you've just met." Generally good advice. Especially since some of those demons spread that way. Accursed filth.

The elevator takes them down a few floors though it clearly has buttons for several more. It's increasingly obvious that the majority of the building is actually underground and the surface part is more for guest related functions. Ilpholin grew up in caves so it's hardly surprising.

They'll get off and step into the training room. It's quite spacious and filled with about what you'd expect. Mats, dummies, weapons, targets, weights, the works. "Mister Squiggles is working on something fancy with holo-images or what have you on a different floor, but it's not even close to completion so we're sticking with old school."

Speaking of Mister Squiggles here he... Oh no wait, this tiny clockwork spider is far too small to be Mister Squiggles. It seems to be little more than a messenger as it delivers a letter to Ilpholin who looks at it quizzically. "Uh, go ahead and limber up and we'll get started over there," the nymph states, motioning to a particular training dummy while she opens the letter and reads the contents with a slight frown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #276

Northside Tour

"And therein lays the primary issue that you'll have to resolve."
    Jezebel explains as she looks over the "poor" area. She's lived in far worse, but she doesn't make a comment about it. "When you're dealing with a god or deity, or some other ascended being, you need some sort of Ideal or belief. Something centric to the people who are to worship it. This is from my own experience however, so it could be different for you. You need something for the populace to follow, to believe in. Without it, you might as well create a tyrant and force others to worship it out of fear or law." She explains before taking a moment to consider her next words carefully.

"Of course, it is entirely possibly to create something new and have people love to follow it, even if the ideals aren't exactly right."
    She offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Eastside Streets]

When Vax is posed with a barrier, she stops immediately. Nazaan's words are meaningless. This was a foregone conclusion as soon as they used force to get into Eastside. She crouches down to be as close to the hunter's level as she can. "I mean no one any harm. I am pursed, from above."

[Suncrest Manor]

"He swears all the time, though. He's getting in trouble at school for it. He can't keep it up." Nadia says.

The Mithars don't have any coats on this warm day, so Cora and Bastion are free to follow after Ariel. "We're coming, we're coming." Cora says, not wanting to get left behind. Bastion, on the other hand, pauses to give Jezebel a short bow before he follows the two girls.

Jillian hangs back by her mom. She scrunches up her nose and pulls the sucker out of her mouth and holds it up to Cessie. "I don't want it."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    MERC Office- Kids

Koshal waves Faye and her bite mark around.
    "Your ghost showed up with mean eyes and Faye pounced it and says she feels sick. She needs to stop bleeding and maybe antivenin.
    Iknika is still fighting the ghost!"
    he points. Eliseo isn't mentioned because he's running away like a 'fraidy-cat.
    Northside Tour

Lady Celestel considers for a moment. "Well... there was this... idea that lord Ryhe had, I suppose." She wrinkles her nose. "He is a great man, but also a tad eccentric. I was given, ah, this to show you." She pulls out what first appears to be a pamphlet but then is revealed to be a comic book, featuring a female vampire in a cape. Some sort of vampire superhero?

MERC Office- Kids

"Graaaah!!! Stupid meany!!! The voice repeats, now coming out as a high-pitch whine as Iknika punches the invisible hand, forcing it to let go of her. But this is followed up with a partly invisible head slamming into hers.

"Not angry" might not be the best way to describe Dena right now, but she had priorities. She suddenly steps past Koshal and descends into the basement where she finds Iknika fighting... something. Just great. "Get away from that thing, Iknika." She orders, her voice turning into a low, cold, hiss. She already had weapons at hand, appearing out of thin air.

Violet is now by her side, illuminating the basement with a strong flashlight.

"Don't make him do anything on our behalf, Jezebel. I too was shy at that age, so if he doesn't want to be around, then he doesn't have to be." She argues before she turns her attention to Jillian's sucker. "And what does a lady say when she doesn't want something, ladybug? You can't let others dispose of a gift." She says.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Then the school is stupid." Irena declares. "I mean, he's getting good grades, right? He's a smart kid. Why does it matter if he swears a bit? It doesn't hurt anyone, unless he's calling them names, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't. People are just too sensitive."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-24 at 10:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Southside - Dragon Research]

Ambrosia hesitates as the next part was what her father would call extremely dangerous information. But it wasn't like she was sharing how to make them, right? "A super-weapon called "legion" killed them all along with large parts of my homeworld. Legions are made up of a amalgamation of souls, turned into weapons through what I understand is a very complex process." The scholar explains. "Legions basically consume all energy around them, leaving nothing but death in their wake. The only known way to destroy a legion is sick another legion against it as they will essentially consume one another. However since they are extremely difficult to control, devastating, and so difficult to produce, the nations of my world has agreed to not make legions again. Was a silent agreement, people simply realized that legions were as likely to kill them as their foes."
    Ruby's face falls. "That's completely horrible. I'm glad anyone survived at all, and that they aren't easy to make." There are people who don't care if they live or die. It's good that they don't overlap with the people in charge of these weapons. "I've heard of monsters like that, in my grandmother's stories. But there, mere heroes could defeat them."
    "What a shame, that they were all wiped out."

Makes one feel very small to hear about such catastrophes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [DMside]

"Oh" Mia says. "Would you tell me who this goddess is?"
    I keep forgetting how Alice looks. She was similar to a sphinx right?
    A centaur, which is a little bit like a sphinx but not very much. Horse instead of lion, and with a human upper body instead of just a face.
    "Of course." She wouldn't be very good at hiding the general truth, so may as well tell it. "Message Alkania is a goddess of the peace of night, shooting stars, the cycle of life and death. She did my family a good turn years ago, and her philosophy of good-that-justifies has always seemed to fit for me. I can tell you more if you'd like, but we don't particularly try to gain followers."

[Invitations]

((My bad I read the Skye as a word not a name and I seem to skip the 'she', too.))
    "Is that so?" Mia replies. She is curious what the empire understands under 'earned respect'.
    She makes a waving gesture in front of her and a keyboard appears in mid air. A monitor from a close robot will be hold in front of her and she writes down a formal reply. Only a moment later it gets printed, signed, and handed over to the messenger.
    "Give this to Mrs. Skye."
    "It is."
    The messenger is impressed by the sudden manifestation of the keyboard,and once the message is printed and ready, takes it to his hand.
    "It will be delivered right away!"
    He bows and departs. Skye will read it pretty soon, once it's brought back, and see what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

A phone call comes in for the General, later in the afternoon. Electra identifies herself to the receptionist, and politely, but firmly, insists that she must speak to the Southside leader. Odd that she didn't simply come into the City Hall to chat, but the phone is probably good enough, especially if it's just to refuse her job offer formally.
    Electra is asked what this is about, but if she insists that it's a secret matter for the General's ears only, she will be believed, and, after being on hold a good while, connected.
    "Electra. What's so urgent?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-24 at 12:43 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #278

NinjaGuy

The phone connection sounds a bit static-y but seems to be holding well enough. Perhaps not the crystal clarity one would expect from someone of Electra's origins, though. Her tone is brisk, though serious.

"General. I am sorry to interrupt your day like this, but I felt I shouldn't delay, for a number of reasons. I'll cut straight to the point: while I am flattered at your offer, circumstances have forced me to take another path, one which, unfortunately, requires that we end our current business relationship as well, at least, for now. You'll find that I've vacated the accommodations that you provided as payment for my ongoing services. If you have continued need of the sort of services I provided, I am sure MERC will be more than happy to accommodate." Perhaps not, but that's up to Dipsnig. There's a burst of static for a moment, then Electra's voice comes through once more. "I do hope your endeavors in Southside continue to prosper. Well, I won't take up any more of your time." The connection abruptly cuts off.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"Eeeeeek!" The headbutt knocks Iknika off-balance, and the sudden light does the rest. She stumbles back and falls over.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

"The scariest part Wenomir, is that this is the safer model."
    Jezebel points out. "And there are many who are killed by their own weapon if it jams and kicks back. It takes a lot of skill to wield it safely. Or a lot of stupidity. I'm not sure yet." She admits as she sets a hand on top of the weapon while the swordsman and dragoness look it over. "This was created to take out heavily armored infantry, lightly armored vehicles, cut through rockcrete and plasteel, and to take on individuals with powered armor or power weapons, the last of which have energy fields that cause other weapons to shatter on impact." She explains.

"Since the chains are mono-molecular along the ridges, most things part around them, and anything stronger finds itself being dragged off balance. Quick slashes are a good idea, but if you're good you can twist the blade into a less-armored part of an enemy and let it dig in for a brief moment to cut right through a foe. Most things you'd use this against aren't very vulnerable either. We're talking about Orkz twice my height and ten times more massive, or daemonic entities."

Harnetta nods to herself again, before saying, "Maybe I'll have to try one sometime. It's been a long time since I've used a weapon with its own power reserve." since she dropped the Thunder Hammer in favor of Conflict, at least.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #281

Default [Southside - Phone Call]

"Which reasons w-"
    Oh, she's hung up already. That's a little ominous. Gone to join MERC, huh? Or did she mean that she was leaving the whole industry, and MERC had spies of their own? Has her past caught up to her?

All of those concerns pale in comparison with one fact: Electra is gone! Electra is gone, no more to darken the doors of their buildings, no more to weigh on her mind (any more than any other foreigner), no more to put everyone in danger or attract weird dimensional travelers. Electra is gone. This is maybe the best day in the history of Southside. They should throw a party! They should have a parade! The General could (and does) jump for joy!

People should be updated as to her new status as a former employee, but then!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir and Harnetta]

"Well..." Wenomir pauses for a long while. "You've used it, and you're still alive, so it has to work somehow. But it's very far removed from my style."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Halfling in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

Sticks lands on a nearby building, Bolt's talons gripping the edge of a brick roof, and peers down upon the scene. He makes no move yet, but he trains his blasting rod on Vax and Nazaan. He orders a spirit, also, to go to the forces of Malechenar and inform them of Vax's location.

[Ilpholin's Residence]

Maybe Ilphy just has to try harder. Adir waits impassively in the elevator, and gives out with a whistle when he sees the place they'll be practicing in. "All this just for you? And Mr. Squiggles?" He doesn't expect an answer, though, after she seems to receive a call.

The stag gives the itsy bitsy spider and the phone a quick look before nodding at his host. He proceeds to the dummy. He sizes it up, takes a strong boxing stance...

And unless it's made of extremely stern stuff, he'll plow the dummy's head from it's shoulders with one violent jab. Even the stag looks surprised. He perks up and leans forward, looking at the fallen head, then at the stump, and back again. What now?

Oh, gods. He has a thought. What if she meant limber like, just stretch? He decides to start hastily trying some stretches, some toe-touches, some squats, some lunges. Anything to look busy and like he definitely didn't just behead that poor defenseless dummy, no sir. His guilt is plastered all over his face.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #284

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"Mia, I like you. I think eventually we could have even become friends."
    Jezebel admits after a few long seconds of silence. "But I'm not going to start a war over you or your people. If it was simply needing help with taking your people and belongings to a new place, I would be more than willing to assist you. I would likely have been able to soothe any hurt feelings between Southside and Eastside. But you're asking me to seize your territory by force if necessary. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to help you by doing so."
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Mia is clam, there is no sign of sadness even as she speaks.
    "I understand ." she says. "I guess I have gone to far with my offer. It is just that I can't move the cathedral that easily. It was build without taking the current situation into account, since Southside appeared to be split in many small groups. Not even talking about the defense matrix we build. Could I move that I would go for your offer, but I can't. I can't even think of a way to move it at all."

She stops and thinks.

"Maybe we could start a bit lower, like trade agreements or maybe later an alliance that in case the Empire strikes you help ups evakiate the people. If that isn't to much."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A centaur, which is a little bit like a sphinx but not very much. Horse instead of lion, and with a human upper body instead of just a face.
    "Of course." She wouldn't be very good at hiding the general truth, so may as well tell it. "Message Alkania is a goddess of the peace of night, shooting stars, the cycle of life and death. She did my family a good turn years ago, and her philosophy of good-that-justifies has always seemed to fit for me. I can tell you more if you'd like, but we don't particularly try to gain followers."

"It is."
    The messenger is impressed by the sudden manifestation of the keyboard,and once the message is printed and ready, takes it to his hand.
    "It will be delivered right away!"
    He bows and departs. Skye will read it pretty soon, once it's brought back, and see what it says.
    [DMside]

I know Centaur well, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson got them.^^
    "It would be a pleasure to hear more." Mia says. "And don't worry. I'm a high priestress orf Deus mechanicus. My belives in him won't break just by hearing about another god."

[Invitations]

The message is rather short and direct. She agrees and asks for time and place they should meet, while she suggest to meet in front of the Location the party is. The question about the costume is included, but just to avoid having the same.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo follows Dena back into the room. "Come on! Get up and get away from that thing!" Someone's gonna get really hurt at this rate.

[Suncrest Manor]

"I know, you think that, but that's not helping him any. Most people don't think the same way you do." Nadia sighs and crosses her arms. It looks like this has been eating at her all day.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Residence]

"And Kal. It was originally built with an organization in mind," Ilpholin explains as she reads the letter which is made of paper and ink and isn't a phone. After a while she sets it aside, atop some bench and goes to rejoin Adir.

Some of the dummies are made of sterner stuff than the typical dummies due to the nature of those who would practice with them. This isn't one of them because she wasn't planning to hit it directly with amped up super strength. At least no ghosts were living inside.

Ilpholin looks to at the fallen dummy head, then back at Adir stretching, then back to the head, then back at Adir. She stares intently at him. It's not a friendly, lustful stare, but the kind of interrogative stare a leader learns to make someone break under the weight of their secret.

Long stare. "What happened?" Vicious stare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #287

"Yes..." Ambrosia admits with a touch of sadness in her voice, the first time she have shown genuine emotion during the conversation. "But I hope to bring them back to my homeworld someday, using the powers of the nexus." The scholar pauses. "A grand goal, no? But I believe anything, even that, is possible here. You just need to find the right way."

[Eastside Streets]

Nazaan holds up his hands, showing that he is holding no weapons. "We seek asylum." He declares calmly.
    Sticks might be able to see a gorgon with the lower body of a snake wearing the symbol of Malechenar slowly, and hesitantly approach the two warlocks and the hunters. Her face is covered by both a hood and a mask with eyes of blackened glass. She does not announce her presence yet however.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena shrugs helplessly. "I don't know what to say, Nad. I can't really help it. When I get upset, the words just come out of my mouth and it isn't like he is going to stop swearing if I did."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

[Southside - A new woman in DMside]

Anyone with sharp eyes would note this stranger to these parts. She enters wearing a red dress like garnet or wine. Lipstick like Roses, and blonde hair held back in a simple but elegant braid. She bears a necklace of silver in a coin shape. She stands 6"0 in her 4 inch heels, similarly red. Her eyes are dark and her features finely cut. She stands with a briefcase outside of the monastery grounds.

At the moment she seems to just be admiring the sights, with eyes sharp and attentive.

"So this is southside. Been a long time."
    Last edited by TheRedFox201; 2017-08-29 at 01:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- Kids

Koshal moves out of Dena's way, and without anything else to do, keeps Faye close to his chest, watching the drama unfold. He waves over Eliseo so that they can stand clear of the brawl that might be happening. He doesn't like running away but he doesn't want to get in the way of the lady with the stone-death eyes.

20. - Top - End - #290

MERC Office- Kids

As Iknika is knocked over, the no-longer invisible presence raises up from the broken chairs. Eliseo and Koshal can see two large bat-like wings beings spread. Iknika however, can see a humanoid being with grey skin, pure white hair and those two red menacing eyes staring down at her. She, as it appears to be female, is only dressed in a oversized white t-shirt and the remains of some worn down jeans. All her clothing is pretty badly damaged. But as the wings and eyes suggest, she isn't human, which becomes even more obvious to Iknika as the being bares its sharp teeth and stands ready to attack with its claws.

Any silver any of them have on them will immediately start to glow the moment the being fully reveals itself.

"Get down on the floor! I'm giving you one chance." Dena orders as she aims her crossbow at the being.

The demon turns around to face her, still baring its fangs. "Jezebel." She suddenly proclaims. "Jezebel sent me, a-and these stupid kids attacked me!" The demon claims while staring daggers at Koshal, pointing one elongated claw in his direction. "He started it!"

Dena just stares back though and finally the demon starts lowering itself down on the floor. "Just ask Jezebel! I'm innocent!"

"Iknika, please tie her up." Dena orders as she throws the goblin some rope that she apparently just fished out of her pocket.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-29 at 06:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika isn't sure about all this, but she goes to do as she's told. Dena is pretty intimidating. Turns out it's not a ghost, but... what is she, anyway?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia's lips make a thin line. How's that supposed to make anything better? She's clearly getting nowhere, though. "So what about this party? Did you see who's hosting it?" She gestures vaguely toward the letter.

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo squints at the suddenly visible person. "What? You're just a kid?" She's probably older than he is, but whatever. All fear Eliseo had melts away in a second. "If someone sent you, why are you lurking down here, stupid?"

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox201 View Post

Anyone with sharp eyes would note this stranger to these parts. She enters wearing a red dress like garnet or wine. Lipstick like Roses, and blonde hair held back in a simple but elegant braid. She bears a necklace of silver in a coin shape. She stands 6"0 in her 4 inch heels, similarly red. Her eyes are dark and her features finely cut. She stands with a briefcase outside of the monastery grounds.

At the moment she seems to just be admiring the sights, with eyes sharp and attentive.

Some would be very gratified to hear DMside referred to as Southside. Or at least amused. Others, such as those inside the temple grounds, we might imagine would be a little offended.

Southside is a busy busy place with new construction and renovation everywhere; the retreat of the forests and the expansion of the main roads have had major effects on the real estate market and peoples' confidence that the city might erupt into full warfare again anytime soon. Busy for Southside, anyway. The city's more inhabited than it used to be, but it's still not as dense as Eastside's stable liberal democracy or Northside's off-world immigration hub.

People with sharp eyes include the spies and lookouts that infest the edge of the city. They don't come too close to any part of the Deus Mechanicus compound - that would be against the agreement - but from coffeeshops and rooftops deeper into the city, comings and goings like those of the rose-lipped newcomer are watched with great interest. Sadly no one managed to overhear her comment and wonder just how long it had been. Was she from the wastelands? The Court era? Ye Olde Days of crime and chaos?
    Will she notice them noticing her? Will she care?

"Yes..." Ambrosia admits with a touch of sadness in her voice, the first time she have shown genuine emotion during the conversation. "But I hope to bring them back to my homeworld someday, using the powers of the nexus." The scholar pauses. "A grand goal, no? But I believe anything, even that, is possible here. You just need to find the right way."
    "It would be an amazing achievement." Ruby agrees. Makes keeping a city in order look downright small.
    "You wouldn't be asking for our help now, would you?"

[DMside]

I know Centaur well, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson got them.^^
    "It would be a pleasure to hear more." Mia says. "And don't worry. I'm a high priestess of Deus Mechanicus. My belief in him won't break just by hearing about another god."
    "I trust that, but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea about things." Alice explains. She's not even trying to break Mia's belief.
    "The Nexus has many gods, as I'm sure you know, ones that belong to just the Nexus, and ones brought from other worlds, and those that extend across all the universe. My goddess is the first sort, born here, child of a deity of Death. So there has always been something sinister about her. But all the same she lived as a sort of hero and set out a way of morals. Before finally coming into her divinity upon death. The core of it is this: our lives are just one step in a long dance, but there's never going to be another like them, so they're both a great treasure and a great opportunity. This gives everyone a calling to improve the world, to make it better after we've passed on than it was before we came."
    "And that doing so is enough. That there is not perfection anywhere, not in we mortals nor the angels nor the greatest gods who make the worlds."
    "That there's a time for each thing, the night for growing and secrets, the day for striving and causes. Some need more care than others. Life's difficulties will be out there no matter what. Refuge and reform take work. A foundation takes work."

[Invitations]
    The message is rather short and direct. She agrees and asks for time and place they should meet, while she suggest to meet in front of the Location the party is. The question about the costume is included, but just to avoid having the same.
    An agreement! How wonderful. The General writes up a response and mails it off. She suggests that the two of them meet a bit earlier, at the bridge where Southside meets Eastside, and then proceed towards the party together from there. As for costume, Skye had planned that of the phoenix, the mythical firebird. Not necessarily terribly frightening, but monstrous all the same. And the classics are no good: going as a vampire would be insensitive to their hosts, a wolfman or reanimated corpse far too close to home.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-30 at 01:33 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Northside Tour

Jezebel takes the comic book and smiles wryly as she flips through it. "I see someone else had the same idea. As eccentric as it is however, it might actually be the solution you're looking for. There is nothing more powerful than belief, and if that belief is in a superhero then that person should gain power and strength from it. A good superhero would even have fans and idol-worshipers from other places than just those of your domain as well." She explains, offering the comic book back to her. "The issue of course is that you would need someone to take up the mantle, name, and look of the hero to be that vessel. And I don't know if it might be necessary, but perhaps find something that could try and draw that belief into a tangible source of power to help start him or her up."

"Come on up! Mr. Charles said he got us a good show to watch today! Something about watching a force or something!" Ariel exclaims, happy to have the chance to go bingewatch a show with her friends. "An' we have a pool too if you wanna swim!" She adds, leading the way up the stairs towards her room. The house is big and easy to get lost in if the others aren't careful, but she'll lead anyone willing up to her room so they can toss their bags in. The room itself is remarkably varied in the shades of light pink and the styles of lace, though there's also a lot of green in there as well. In the corner of the room, next to a bowl of fruit sitting on the floor, there's a small pet bed but the pet itself seems to be missing...

There's a large chest of toys against one wall, mostly plushes, but right next to that is a small piano, a table with her dulcimer on it, and even a large dollhouse that she didn't seem to play with much. Sleeping bags have been laid out on the floor, and there's a small table set up that has a TV placed on it with a DVD player and a closed box set of WatchForce next to it. "Wanna swim or watch shows?" She asks. The other children might notice that there's only enough sleeping bags for her and the other girls, but that was reasonable. While they might play and watch TV in here, the boys would have to sleep in Sergei's room.

Downstairs, Jezebel smiles and returns Bastion's bow, but she gives Cessie a small shrug after the children leave. "I'm not quite forcing him. We've even come to an agreement about something he wants. And...well, if I didn't push him a bit, I fear he would never get over it." She admits, reaching up to rub the back of her neck with a sigh. "Some days I wonder if bargaining is the right approach to parenting or if I'm doing this all horribly wrong..." She mutters.

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir

"The style..."
    Jezebel starts to try to explain but stops herself with a shake of her head. "It is easier to show than explain in detail, but I can explain a little of it. A cult of Redemptionists I took out didn't use a style so much as just swinging them around wildly, but some of the more sane priests actually sparred one another with various models. Three distinct actual styles seemed prevalent for this model. One based on using it mainly as a shield with a cutting edge, another treated it more like a single-edged greatsword, and the last is a style based on counters and creating openings." She explains as she pats the chainsword right next to the chains themselves. "That is the style I tend to favor. The pressure switches on the grip allow me to control which way I wish the chains to spin, and the hooks on the backside of each chain link lets it grip an edge either way. I can choose the direction of each chain independently as well."

"Quite. Though do not let her confuse you, lord and lady. The weapon is utterly barbaric no matter how thick the coat of finesse she paints upon it."
    Charles says as he enters the chamber, giving the large chainsword a look of pure disdain as he sets two stacks of clothing on the table. "Your laundry." He explains to Harnetta and Wenomir.

"And with that, I should change as well. Once you're ready, Harnetta can show you the courtyard out back."
    Jezebel says, picking up her sword and heading towards her room to go and change.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I have no issue with helping you should you need to evacuate your cathedral."
    Jezebel says with a small nod. "As far as trade goes, while I can offer no small variety of supplies, what is it that you would wish for? And what can you trade in return?"

Eastside Streets

The Hunter seems quite relieved when the lumbering plant halts in front of him, quite glad that it didn't trample him. He flicks his wrist after hearing that it was being pursued to cast away the chains and he doesn't say anything as he reaches into a pocket. He pulls out a small flaregun and fires it into the air, casting the area in a bright orange glow. "Help is on the way." He says, sounding calm and confident as he looks over the rest of the area. "Who and what is pursing you and why?" He asks as his hand settles on a revolver shoved into a holster on his hip as he takes out his Hunter badge to show her. "My name is Corporal Jones, badge number 956. I'm with the Eastside Hunters."

While the flare serves to light up the area and mark his position, anyone under a glamour or illusion to change or mask their appearance will find it having difficulty keeping shape as the flare attempts to burn such enchantments away.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office- kids]

"Jezebel wouldn't hire a kid stupid enough to tattle on their employer as a spy. And you ate my phone, so no, you definitely started it." Koshal insists, still cradling his dog.
    "And you better tell me what I need to treat my dog from your dirty mouth." he continues. Clearly, he does not like this person.

26. - Top - End - #296

[MERC Office- kids]

To clarify, Dena, Iknika and the demon are all within the zone of destruction that Koshal caused, making it relatively easy to stand on the smashed furniture.

"Be sure to tie up her legs too." With beings that could turn invisible, you could never be sure.
    As Iknika is busy with that, the demon struggling against the ropes, her captive letting out a hiss in Koshal's and Eliseo's direction. "It is true! You can ask her, I-"
    Suddenly Dena presses her boot against the demon's head. "So you're a spy, huh?" If her tone hadn't been dangerous before, it definitely was now. Reducing the demons hiss to a series of quickened panicked breaths. "Why don't you tell me what the kid asked for. How do we cure his dog?" She asks as she puts more pressure against the demons head, pressing it hard against the splinters on the floor.
    "I- I don't know! I don't know anything about that!" There is true desperation in her voice now, she almost sounds close to bawling at this point. "'tis not that bad though. It won't die!"

Dena seem to consider for a moment, her boot remain pressed against the side of the demons head, looking she like she could stomp down at any moment.
    But finally she takes a step back. "Keep an watch on her while I make a call. Koshal, here." She walks up to him and suddenly hands him a bottle with a strange clear liquid. "Won't cure the poison, but it will make her feel better and heal her wounds."

Dena will then disappear up the stairs, leaving only Violet behind who has her flashlight aimed right at the demon.

Northside Tour

Jezebel knows that 'eccentric' just means 'insane rich person', right? She is clearly one of them now!
    Celestel considers for a moment. "No such candidate jumps to mind, I'm afraid. It would have to be one trained for the job, who would also be willing to take on such a burden. While I put great trust in our soldiers, they don't have that kind of training, nor the power to play super hero against your standard nexus villain. A few do come to mind, but neither of them would be willing."

Ambrosia shakes her head. "Oh, of course not. I wouldn't want to burden you with that as I haven't even the faintest idea where to start yet." Not to mention that she actually accomplished this goal a while ago. She considers for a moment, perhaps...
    "There is something you might find interesting though. I recently learned of the supposed existence of great dragon graveyard. It is said to be located in a part of seaside called, 'the sea of storms', which is apparently extremely dangerous to journey through."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

Nadia's lips make a thin line. How's that supposed to make anything better? She's clearly getting nowhere, though. "So what about this party? Did you see who's hosting it?" She gestures vaguely toward the letter.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Uh, right." Irena looks down at the letter she has been holding all this time. A change of topic was very welcome at this point.
    "Malchenar? That's odd. Do you know any of those people? I sure don't."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-09-03 at 04:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Harnetta nods, picking up her own laundry, "I'll show you to the courtyard once we're changed," then she goes to head up to her room to get dressed in something other than a dress. Instead, she'll put herself in a tanktop and fatigues; all the better to fight in once it's her turn to spar. Once they're both dressed, Harnetta will make good on her statement and lead the swordsman out to meet Jezebel.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"And Kal. It was originally built with an organization in mind," Ilpholin explains as she reads the letter which is made of paper and ink and isn't a phone. After a while she sets it aside, atop some bench and goes to rejoin Adir.

Some of the dummies are made of sterner stuff than the typical dummies due to the nature of those who would practice with them. This isn't one of them because she wasn't planning to hit it directly with amped up super strength. At least no ghosts were living inside.

Ilpholin looks to at the fallen dummy head, then back at Adir stretching, then back to the head, then back at Adir. She stares intently at him. It's not a friendly, lustful stare, but the kind of interrogative stare a leader learns to make someone break under the weight of their secret.

Long stare. "What happened?" Vicious stare.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir licks his lips and stops his stretching, though maybe doesn't quite turn to face her. "Would you believe he was giving me dirty looks since I walked in?" Haha! Jokes! Adir turns and bends to pick the dummy's head up like a ball, offering, "I'll pay his hospital bill, though. Only chivalrous."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Wenomir's expression becomes slightly pained as he picks up the laundry.

"Thank you, Charles, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me 'lord'. I'm not a lord of anything."

He leaves with Harnetta to change, and follows her back into the courtyard. It does feel good to get out of that ridiculous suit. Aristocrats love to make their lives harder for no reason.

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika feels a pang of remorse for the creature. But then, she did hurt Faye, and that's awful. So she'll do her best to keep her in place.

30. - Top - End - #300

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Some would be very gratified to hear DMside referred to as Southside. Or at least amused. Others, such as those inside the temple grounds, we might imagine would be a little offended.

Southside is a busy busy place with new construction and renovation everywhere; the retreat of the forests and the expansion of the main roads have had major effects on the real estate market and peoples' confidence that the city might erupt into full warfare again anytime soon. Busy for Southside, anyway. The city's more inhabited than it used to be, but it's still not as dense as Eastside's stable liberal democracy or Northside's off-world immigration hub.

People with sharp eyes include the spies and lookouts that infest the edge of the city. They don't come too close to any part of the Deus Mechanicus compound - that would be against the agreement - but from coffeeshops and rooftops deeper into the city, comings and goings like those of the rose-lipped newcomer are watched with great interest. Sadly no one managed to overhear her comment and wonder just how long it had been. Was she from the wastelands? The Court era? Ye Olde Days of crime and chaos?
    Will she notice them noticing her? Will she care?

"It would be an amazing achievement." Ruby agrees. Makes keeping a city in order look downright small.
    "You wouldn't be asking for our help now, would you?"

[DMside]

"I trust that, but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea about things." Alice explains. She's not even trying to break Mia's belief.
    "The Nexus has many gods, as I'm sure you know, ones that belong to just the Nexus, and ones brought from other worlds, and those that extend across all the universe. My goddess is the first sort, born here, child of a deity of Death. So there has always been something sinister about her. But all the same she lived as a sort of hero and set out a way of morals. Before finally coming into her divinity upon death. The core of it is this: our lives are just one step in a long dance, but there's never going to be another like them, so they're both a great treasure and a great opportunity. This gives everyone a calling to improve the world, to make it better after we've passed on than it was before we came."
    "And that doing so is enough. That there is not perfection anywhere, not in we mortals nor the angels nor the greatest gods who make the worlds."
    "That there's a time for each thing, the night for growing and secrets, the day for striving and causes. Some need more care than others. Life's difficulties will be out there no matter what. Refuge and reform take work. A foundation takes work."

[Invitations]

An agreement! How wonderful. The General writes up a response and mails it off. She suggests that the two of them meet a bit earlier, at the bridge where Southside meets Eastside, and then proceed towards the party together from there. As for costume, Skye had planned that of the phoenix, the mythical firebird. Not necessarily terribly frightening, but monstrous all the same. And the classics are no good: going as a vampire would be insensitive to their hosts, a wolfman or reanimated corpse far too close to home.
    Northside Tour

Jezebel takes the comic book and smiles wryly as she flips through it. "I see someone else had the same idea. As eccentric as it is however, it might actually be the solution you're looking for. There is nothing more powerful than belief, and if that belief is in a superhero then that person should gain power and strength from it. A good superhero would even have fans and idol-worshipers from other places than just those of your domain as well." She explains, offering the comic book back to her. "The issue of course is that you would need someone to take up the mantle, name, and look of the hero to be that vessel. And I don't know if it might be necessary, but perhaps find something that could try and draw that belief into a tangible source of power to help start him or her up."

"Come on up! Mr. Charles said he got us a good show to watch today! Something about watching a force or something!" Ariel exclaims, happy to have the chance to go bingewatch a show with her friends. "An' we have a pool too if you wanna swim!" She adds, leading the way up the stairs towards her room. The house is big and easy to get lost in if the others aren't careful, but she'll lead anyone willing up to her room so they can toss their bags in. The room itself is remarkably varied in the shades of light pink and the styles of lace, though there's also a lot of green in there as well. In the corner of the room, next to a bowl of fruit sitting on the floor, there's a small pet bed but the pet itself seems to be missing...

There's a large chest of toys against one wall, mostly plushes, but right next to that is a small piano, a table with her dulcimer on it, and even a large dollhouse that she didn't seem to play with much. Sleeping bags have been laid out on the floor, and there's a small table set up that has a TV placed on it with a DVD player and a closed box set of WatchForce next to it. "Wanna swim or watch shows?" She asks. The other children might notice that there's only enough sleeping bags for her and the other girls, but that was reasonable. While they might play and watch TV in here, the boys would have to sleep in Sergei's room.

Downstairs, Jezebel smiles and returns Bastion's bow, but she gives Cessie a small shrug after the children leave. "I'm not quite forcing him. We've even come to an agreement about something he wants. And...well, if I didn't push him a bit, I fear he would never get over it." She admits, reaching up to rub the back of her neck with a sigh. "Some days I wonder if bargaining is the right approach to parenting or if I'm doing this all horribly wrong..." She mutters.

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir

"The style..."
    Jezebel starts to try to explain but stops herself with a shake of her head. "It is easier to show than explain in detail, but I can explain a little of it. A cult of Redemptionists I took out didn't use a style so much as just swinging them around wildly, but some of the more sane priests actually sparred one another with various models. Three distinct actual styles seemed prevalent for this model. One based on using it mainly as a shield with a cutting edge, another treated it more like a single-edged greatsword, and the last is a style based on counters and creating openings." She explains as she pats the chainsword right next to the chains themselves. "That is the style I tend to favor. The pressure switches on the grip allow me to control which way I wish the chains to spin, and the hooks on the backside of each chain link lets it grip an edge either way. I can choose the direction of each chain independently as well."

"Quite. Though do not let her confuse you, lord and lady. The weapon is utterly barbaric no matter how thick the coat of finesse she paints upon it."
    Charles says as he enters the chamber, giving the large chainsword a look of pure disdain as he sets two stacks of clothing on the table. "Your laundry." He explains to Harnetta and Wenomir.

"And with that, I should change as well. Once you're ready, Harnetta can show you the courtyard out back."
    Jezebel says, picking up her sword and heading towards her room to go and change.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I have no issue with helping you should you need to evacuate your cathedral."
    Jezebel says with a small nod. "As far as trade goes, while I can offer no small variety of supplies, what is it that you would wish for? And what can you trade in return?"

Eastside Streets

The Hunter seems quite relieved when the lumbering plant halts in front of him, quite glad that it didn't trample him. He flicks his wrist after hearing that it was being pursued to cast away the chains and he doesn't say anything as he reaches into a pocket. He pulls out a small flaregun and fires it into the air, casting the area in a bright orange glow. "Help is on the way." He says, sounding calm and confident as he looks over the rest of the area. "Who and what is pursing you and why?" He asks as his hand settles on a revolver shoved into a holster on his hip as he takes out his Hunter badge to show her. "My name is Corporal Jones, badge number 956. I'm with the Eastside Hunters."

While the flare serves to light up the area and mark his position, anyone under a glamour or illusion to change or mask their appearance will find it having difficulty keeping shape as the flare attempts to burn such enchantments away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox201 View Post

DMside is still Southside and has been befor the invadrer came to take the land by force. Thought people will call the other fraction 'the Empire' rather then Southside. The way into Dmside is clear. There are checks that scan for immediate danger like weapons or such. after all you can't make a total shutdown and check everyone for everthing. Still Dmside can keep an eye on noticable people. There are big robots guaring the gates and in every street you see one or two robots walking around. One of them sure will have an eye on the newcomer.

After a while a robed person comes to the woman.
    "Hello, Can I help you?"

[DMside]

Mia smiles friendly during the talking. Then nods.

"It's strange to hear such things." she says. " But I guess that is a way to go. I can justsay there are to many differences in our belives. I don't want to point them out, since I accept that there are differences."
    "May I ask how people worship that god? Are there churches or shrines?"

[Invitations]

A short replie will come back and now Mia got the problem to think about a monster costum for the party that is at least mostly humanoid.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia
    "My people are very good with machines, robots and a like. Technologie in General if you want so. " Mia replies. "We miss magic, but what is more important is food and water. We can't produce any of that by our own, maybe if we got money to buy some farms in Outside, but the industry in Dmside is just rising."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK