Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [DMside - Wenomir]

Wenomir sighs.

"I have heard about the invasion, yes. If that's what it takes, we can promise the temple our protection, should the need arise. Publicly or otherwise."
    [DMside - Wenomir]

Mia looks at him. She notice his sight.
    "That would be nice, but I got the feeling you would prefer someting else."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [DMSide]

Alice smiles back.
    "I can imagine there are robots built without knowing what they're built for, much less how they work on the inside, right? Even really complicated ones."
    [DMSide]

"I can't." Mia repies. "I have learned that such situations happen, because the robots could not properbly tell you that. When I hear their voice even a toaster could tell me what parts of him are broken."

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

This is Mia's first visit in the Lotus garden. She is dressed in her formal high priestress clothes. She wears a long dress with ornaments from Deus Mechanicus. the ornaments are all from real metal, mustly chopper. On her back she wears the sword with the Symbol of deus mechanicus. With her comes an Adept and his robot companion. You could say that hey are her bodyguards. Meeting Jezebel is her goal.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate - Sakura

Sakura won't be stopped any longer as she departs, and later that evening when Adir awakens, The Empress is indeed there as she promises. She wears her armor, already repaired although there's a shine of new material on the center of the breastplate both front and back. She won't comment on it however and simply waits for Adir to wake up.

The Empress' Estate - Tester

The Empress stays silent as she lets the new knight get himself excited for a bit, but after a few moments she turns one leather wrap over and reveals a small box beneath that she pulls out. "Perhaps this would be suitable." She remarks as she opens the miniature chest to reveal a throwing glaive made of ancient bone and sinew. The air seems almost darker around the bleached bone and even looking at it is almost mesmerizing. "Do not touch it yet, and do not fear for the materials. This will slice through steel and unerringly return to your hand. Should it accept you of course."

Pastry Shop

"Oh? Well then, how could I resist the offer of flying through the air?"
    Jezebel asks with a small smile. "I would offer to drive a vehicle of my own, but my own talents at such are...tumultuous. Flight by Gargoyle seems perfectly fine though. Please, lead on." She says, stepping over to the entrance of the pastry shop to hold open the door politely for Celestel and her guards. Whenever the gargoyle arrives, she'll settle in on it however she is directed to do so.

The Lotus Gardens - Cessie

"I am not quite so vain as to make a new goddess in my own image."
    Jezebel points out with an amused smile. "I might be arrogant and prideful, but even I have my limits. Besides, that's just asking fate to cause disaster. That entire Man versus Creation tale of horror that pops up every now and then." She adds.

"The elf will work best then if you think so. The reason I drew them nude is also because it gives a foundation to work on for attire. You're far more familiar with clothing of different priesthoods and conclaves than I likely am. At least, of better ones than the Imperial Cult and Mechanicus. I'd rather avoid having her covered in thick robes and hoods with far too many dangling skulls and chains." She explains.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Should Mia ask around, she'll be guided to a small three-story tower set inside one of the parks. The staircase leading up might not be large enough for the robot, but Mia and her other companion should be able to go up without issue. Jezebel is seated on a bench at the top of the tower, watching over the Gardens with her hands in her lap and a small smile on her face.

Harnetta's Room

They say that mist creeps in on Cat's paws, but the mist and cat both could take lessons from a particularly talented and elderly butler. When the two drunkards awaken, they will find that their discarded clothing has been taken away. In its stead, there is a small silver platter set upon the dresser with a pitcher of water, two glasses, and a pair of painkillers meant for headaches. Next to it, two sets of clothing have been laid out with a note on top. The clothing consists of a pale white and blue floor-length dress with an open back, and a set of formal men's attire made up of expensive looking white trousers, a white undershirt, and a pale blue button-up overshirt with ruffled neck and cuffs. There's even a small selection of belts to choose from to see which would fit best.

The note on the other hand is far more ominous than the scene might lead them to believe.

Dear Lady Harnetta & Guest

The Lady requests the presence of both of you at the breakfast table at your earliest possible convenience. Please put on the clothing set out for you and head on down. Per her wishes, the balcony has been sealed for the moment so please do not attempt to break down the doors to flee. It would be most inconvenient and unseemly.

Sincerely, Majordomo Charles

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

It takes a while for Harnetta to wake up; she'll be awake and aware at around ten AM, pulling herself out of bed with all the grace and poise of a slug, the result of her hangover from the night before. As she makes it over to the (glorious) pitcher of water and (amazing) painkillers, she'll see the note, and as she's drinking, she picks it up to read.

"Awww no." Well, this is bad.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

Wenomir takes up with a groan when Harnetta speaks. Oh, Riddle. Did he take a blow to the head last night? Did he fall down a flight of stairs? No, he just drank too much. But it was worth it, he supposes. First time in a while he did something because it felt good, without considering all the implications. A hangover is a small price.

"What happened?" he asks, once it registers with him Harnetta doesn't sound happy.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

The half-dragon picks up the note and waves it for Wenomir to see, "we've been invited down for breakfast. They also took our clothes to be washed, so provided finery in exchange."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

With speed shocking for someone in so much pain, Wenomir snaps around and grabs the note. He reads it carefully and tenses up, as if preparing to crush it in his hand. But instead, he puts it aside, as if it was something delicate. He seems calm, but the muscles of his face are twitching.

"What... why is she doing this?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office]

"Yeah, it was pretty spooky, Miss Xifhara. Stole my phone while I was looking at this painting and it made me bump it off the wall. Let me put it back for you." Koshal offers. With two hands he probably won't have any trouble getting the painting back on the nail it was hanging from before.

Faye, for her part, covers up her failure to sniff out the ghost by sitting in front of Dena and looking cute.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

"To mess with us, probably," Harnetta grins, "I don't think she's gotten any in a while, and we were very, very loud. Help me into this dress?" The half-dragon asks, lifting up the dress that was laid out for her to look over. Definitely not her colors, but you work with what you have. She'll need help getting it on without something getting tangled up in her wings.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

"Jezebel hasn't gotten any in ages? I find it hard to believe," Wenomir says. But he supposed Harnetta knows her better. "I never thought she'd have problems with sex, of all things, but whatever. I'll just eat my breakfast in polite silence." He reaches out to help Harnetta into her dress. He doesn't exactly have a lot of experience getting people in and out of them, but he does his best.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

[DMSide]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I can't." Mia repies. "I have learned that such situations happen because the robots could not properly tell you that. When I hear their voice, even a toaster could tell me what parts of him are broken."
    "If there are more such voices, that we just can't hear, that would explain a lot."
    But Alice doesn't really think that's the way it is; life is so messy and complicated; there's no reason it should be able to be clearly understood. Often you wouldn't want it to, either. Anyone who tried to fight Mia with an electrical anything would have a lot of trouble, she imagines.

"Why did you join VIGIL? It's not immediately clear that Desu Mechanicus would get involved with things like that."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

[DMside - Wenomir]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia looks at him. She notice his sight.
    "That would be nice, but I got the feeling you would prefer someting else."
    "I'm not happy about getting involved in the Southside struggle, or any other Riverside political conflicts," Wenomir admits. "But I will, if that's what it takes. I don't know about Cessie."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

Well, Harnetta doesn't have the most experience getting into them, but with their combined efforts, they manage, "It was a suspicion I had, given her son is here, but this whole thing just confirms it."

Harnetta will also help Wenomir into his own finery, if her needs it.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

Wenomir is silent for a moment. It doesn't come easy to him, admitting that someone he loathes so much might have actually changed.

"Yes, her son. And daughter. I met them last Thanksmas. Although I was in a Santa costume. Her son probably wasn't fooled, though."

He puts on the suit easily enough, but that doesn't mean he's happy about it.

"Riddle. How do people wear this? All day long? It feels like it'll snap if I move too suddenly."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnetta's Room]

The half-dragon pats him on the shoulder, "It looks good on you, though! Come on, let's go see what horrors Jezebel's dreamed up at the breakfast table."

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office]

Iknika turns around, grinning innocently.

"I think we found a ghost," she says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [MERC Office]

Eliseo spins around, perhaps a bit jumpy. Oh, her again. "Looking around, like we said." What does she want now?
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Pastry Shop

"Oh? Well then, how could I resist the offer of flying through the air?"
    Jezebel asks with a small smile. "I would offer to drive a vehicle of my own, but my own talents at such are...tumultuous. Flight by Gargoyle seems perfectly fine though. Please, lead on." She says, stepping over to the entrance of the pastry shop to hold open the door politely for Celestel and her guards. Whenever the gargoyle arrives, she'll settle in on it however she is directed to do so.

"I am not quite so vain as to make a new goddess in my own image."
    Jezebel points out with an amused smile. "I might be arrogant and prideful, but even I have my limits. Besides, that's just asking fate to cause disaster. That entire Man versus Creation tale of horror that pops up every now and then." She adds.

"The elf will work best then if you think so. The reason I drew them nude is also because it gives a foundation to work on for attire. You're far more familiar with clothing of different priesthoods and conclaves than I likely am. At least, of better ones than the Imperial Cult and Mechanicus. I'd rather avoid having her covered in thick robes and hoods with far too many dangling skulls and chains." She explains.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [MERC Office]

"Yeah, it was pretty spooky, Miss Xifhara. Stole my phone while I was looking at this painting and it made me bump it off the wall. Let me put it back for you." Koshal offers. With two hands he probably won't have any trouble getting the painting back on the nail it was hanging from before.

Faye, for her part, covers up her failure to sniff out the ghost by sitting in front of Dena and looking cute.
    [MERC Office]

Dena looks skeptically at them, staring at Koshal behind her sunglasses as he is slowly is putting the painting back in its rightful place. "So the ghost stole your cellphone? Haven't heard them doing that before." She remarks, now looking at Iknika and Eliseo in turn. These kids were going to be trouble, weren't they? "And it also made you bump it off the wall, eh? Those fiendish ghosts. Never know what they're going to do." She shakes her head as all the snakes that makes up her hair stares accusingly at them. "Therefore, to make sure that you put an end to this menace as quickly as possible, I'm going to ask you to step out of this room and investigate the cellar instead. There is a lot of garbage down there we haven't been able to look through, so you'll be the first ones investigating it."

"I- yes. You probably would need a designer for that. I can't tell what type of "goddess" you're going for here. Obviously you would need more than one dress for different occasions. We might need to look at hundreds of dresses here. I know I have at least that many in my wardrobe."
    Cessie notes.

Pastry Shop

"A gargoyle? Hardly, those can barely take one rider. Women such as us must travel in style." Celestel muses with a wide smile as they leave the pastry. As the emerge outside, they can see a larger shadow release itself from Malechenar castle. "We've made quite some progress in transportation lately."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-21 at 11:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Oh dear. That was a bit of a face-heel turn. It will take Sticks a moment to adjust his contingencies as he comes forward again, hiding back in the crowds as he was. The girls get a free round without his harassment, though the way their skin (plant-matter?) prickles and crackles is enough to indicate he's coming for them with power gathered. She'll be able to sense the direction and perhaps guess the form of attack when it comes, at least.

Bolts is attacked by a spider-spirit. His nape and throat begin to corrode as he thrashes backwards, silently struggling. He twists his neck in the way only birds can, trying to catch the little hellspawn in his beak and snap it in two. In some ways, he seems to be more dangerous than Sticks himself.

[The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

Adir comes to. Abruptly, and with terror in his gaze. That shock and sudden burst of speed is followed by a feeling of incredible lethargy hitting him like three tons of bricks. Coupled as it is with the aches of lying in bed for three days, he cannot withstand. Adir collapses with a whimper that really doesn't befit his new form. He grabs the sides of his pulsing skull and twists, body naked and coated with a sheen of fever-sweat. One of his jerks makes his antlers stab upward, and it handly cracks the headboard. He doesn't seem to notice the Empress or Sakura yet, if they're both present.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-07-20 at 06:49 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then perhaps next week we shall go shopping for materials and a tailor." J
    ezebel says with a grin as she shuffles the papers so the elf is on top. "I've already figured out the measurements for her body, so we can at least get some preliminary outfits made for her." She adds, tapping a finger on the measurements she's scrawled into the margin. "As for the kind of goddess, one that is protective but warm. Not cold or hostile in their feelings. Actually caring if we can manage it." She explains before taking her seat once more so she can sip at her terribly made tea again. "Cessie? I know this is sudden, but would you like to stay the night? I have a guest room and I'm sure Charles would appreciate seeing you for a bit again as well. Ariel has been asking to have a sleepover too."

The Lotus Gardens - Breakfast

Wenomir finds himself being lead down a hallway, down a curved flight of stairs, and into an adjoining room where Lady Tel'Vree awaits for them. "It is a bit late for breakfast, but brunch has been readied." She states, not looking up from a tablet she's reading from. The table is long, made to house perhaps a dozen people, but for now it only had a modest display of breakfast and lunch goodies for them to choose from, as well as two places made for them at Jezebel's left hand side. Jezebel herself seems to be taking it easy, wearing a light silver silken robe over night-clothes despite the hour, and she takes a sip of coffee as she reads the day's headlines. Only when the pair eventually sit down will she speak even if they speak to her first. "Harnetta, when you arrived here and I offered you a place to stay, I resolved myself not to interfere with your lifestyle too much. After last night however, I must ask that you do try and keep it down. My children sleep in rooms on the opposite side of the manor, but you were quite loud. And do try to keep Charles informed so he knows to set out an extra place at the table should your guests stay the night." She says dryly.

Pastry Shop

Jezebel raises a brow when she sees the large form break off. "Well, I must admit that I am already impressed. I can't wait to see what else you have to show me." She says sincerely as she waits for their ride to arrive.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Vax is ready to react when Sticks strikes. She knew it'd be coming soon. But that doesn't slow her as they move to exit the compound. The priority is not the fight, and the fight is better continued away from this mass of spirits anyway.

The spider is a fairly powerful spirit, though it isn't immune to harm. Sticks manages to clip it once, cutting into its body. The thing is persistent, though. The meal bird is spared from another bite for a moment (though the venom is lingering), because instead the spider spins its web. It doesn't behave like a natural web; it spreads out in all directions, quickly threatening to bury Bolts.

[The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

"Don't move." Sakura says from right next to his head. She puts her hand on his shoulder. "How are you feeling?" Her voice is thick with worry.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

The Empress stays silent as she lets the new knight get himself excited for a bit, but after a few moments she turns one leather wrap over and reveals a small box beneath that she pulls out. "Perhaps this would be suitable." She remarks as she opens the miniature chest to reveal a throwing glaive made of ancient bone and sinew. The air seems almost darker around the bleached bone and even looking at it is almost mesmerizing. "Do not touch it yet, and do not fear for the materials. This will slice through steel and unerringly return to your hand. Should it accept you of course."
    The Empress' Estate

"Woah. Looks gnarly. Those sinews holding it together? It better not be alive or anything. Blood magic skeeves me out. Still, looks like it could be fun." Tester remarks, looking down at it. He isn't sure how to throw one of those, but that's something he can be taught.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

Ilpholin makes it home. Collapsing on the couch right now is super tempting but she holds off until she at least sticks Nadas' hand into a silver box and places that box into a safe. On her way back down the hall, she momentarily stops for Mecha-Squiggles passing in the other direction.

Chitter chitter.
    "I'm going to soak in the hot tub for a while. Could you be a dear and bring me some chocolate? I promise to love you forever and ever if you do."
    Chitter chitter.
    "Yes, it has been that much of a day."
    Chitter chitter.
    "Aw, you're the sweetest. Thank you." Ilpholin kisses Mecha-Squiggles' chassis then continues on to savor the relaxation only hot water can provide.

[Northside]

Reinholdt wanders the streets, mostly bar hopping. It's been a while since he's been to Riverside. Looks different. Smells different too. But he's not really here for the sights or the smells. Today he's greasing palms and buying people drinks. Gathering information about Malechenar in particular. Who are they? Can they be trusted? Where did they come from? Where are they going? What are their plans for the future? The sort of things a talking cat who buys drinks for concerned citizens might be interested in hearing about. Never approaches the castle directly though. He only wants to hear the citizenry's opinion for now. And that means another round on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #81

Cessie blinks. "That is sudden, why are you asking? The children might be worried if I don't come home." She could call them of course, but still...

Pastry Shop

Celestel smiles. "Then let me introduce you to one of our more fearsome creations. It was made to intimidate, yet there is a elegance in its body structure that I am sure a woman of you tastes will recognize." She claims as the creature looms ever closer.

Then Jezebel will finally see it in its full glory as it comes closer.

The creatures glow dims as it lands upon the street, bowing before Jezebel and Celestel as a man-servant.
    "What do you think?" The stewardess asks.

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Nazaan focuses on getting out of the building right now, he's certainly not going to throw any more spells at that monster. He suspect that Sekai won't be very pleased once she wakes up once she learns the destruction it made though. She never liked non-warlock spellcasters, especially the ones that came and ruined her compound.

So he gets to the door, expecting Vax to follow him. They just needed to get join up with the others at the new compound they had been setting up...

[Northside]

The first thing Rein will notice is that Northside is quite different from the other sides in how polished it is. The streets and the buildings are completely clean, there is greenery everywhere, the buildings are decorated with beautiful motifs of suns and stars with elegant swirling patterns around them. Even the air seems cleaner as cars are few-in between. If Rein has been in the lotus gardens, this is likely the closest thing in Riverside to it, without the magical presence of course.

However, there is also something else that differs northside from the other sides is the military presence. While westside have mercenaries, eastside hunters and southside dragonmen, Malechenar had large patrols of human- and ape(?) soldiers patrolling the streets. All armed to the teeth and dressed in elegant blue uniforms, patrolling nearly every street. It seems almost as if they're expecting an attack of some kind. When Rein is asking around, he will hear that Malechenar is warning against out-of-control warlocks and demons, ensuring the citizen that the increased military presence within the city is due to the looming threat of a demonic invasion, which somehow these warlocks are partly to be blamed for. Most people can accept their rather overbearing grasp of the city if it is to keep them safe. In truth, people seem very afraid after multiple attacks against their home so even if some people hint that Malechenar is rather oppressive, allowing very little personal freedom, they are glad they are there to protect them, especially with those demons around.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-22 at 07:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Pastry Shop

If Jezebel is shocked by the appearance of the beast, she doesn't really show it though she does take a step back to give it ample room to land as she looks it over. Slowly she walks around it before stopping where she started. "It reminds me quite a bit of my homeworld's creations, actually." She admits, recalling the zombie-like servitors, servo-skulls, and cherubim servants many of the High Nobility, Ecclesiarchy, and Inquisition preferred. "Larger and with more bones showing, certainly, but it would certainly have captured the eyes and hearts of many I was acquainted with." She explains.

"That is why I suggested a sleepover for Ariel. Your children are most certainly welcome after all."
    Jezebel points out before she uses a napkin to wipe her lips of tea so she can buy time to consider the rest of her answer. "I ask because of that, but also because I do not want my words to be empty." She admits as she folds the napkin and sets it aside. "You know my feelings and that I wish to get closer to you and I truly wish to make progress and take small steps forward together as well." She explains. "I do not seek to push too far, so if I overstep myself please do not hesitate to say so."

The Empress' Estate - Frescots

The Empress reaches over, setting a gentle but firm hand on Adir's arms to keep him from moving them towards Sakura should he try and do so. "Slow. Gentle. You know not your own strength so take your time." She states.

"It is not alive, not as you would recognize it. It is simply...old. It may look primitive, but that is simply a sign of how proven it is in combat."
    The Empress tells him before gently closing the box and setting it aside to be remembered later. "Armor now. Do you prefer it lighter or heavier?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate- Tester

Tester nods. He trusts the Empress for her knowledge of her legendary armory.
    "Lighter. I like to be able to climb up something if I have to, and stay as quiet as possible. Plates usually don't let you do that." he says, straightening up to look at the Empress casually, folding his arms in front of him.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office]

A cellar? Sounds like an opportunity for Iknika to take the lead.

"We're on it!" she declares proudly.

[The Lotus Gardens - Breakfast]

"Thank you."

He doesn't say anything beyond thanking her for the meal yet. Jezebel has a point, he supposes. It is her house, and they did make a lot of noise in it. He never thought he'd get dressed down for that, and by her of all people. But Jezebel is addressing Harnetta, so he'll let her speak first.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Breakfast]

Harnetta snorts in response, "I'll let Charles know if it becomes an issue. Didn't you say you weren't going to mess with my clothing, though?" she'll move right onto breakfast, "And you can drop the airs. You're just dying to say something, aren't you?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

The armor on Bolts' neck is severely weakened! Exposed is copper wire, metal filaments, luminous braids of strange arcanic crystal. The great bird thrashes and whips his great wings about as he's suddenly covered in sticky webbing.

The spidery spirit may be otherwise preoccupied in a moment, however. A searching tendril of searing purple light emerges from the maelstrom of color that still gloms together and wavers through the air nearby. It's the same scalpel-blast Sticks used against Vax's other minion, though the power is amplified considerably, and he's deliberately standing in the spider's blind spot. Sticks is trying to rip the monster apart with one go. To accompany the attack, he barks out emphatically, "Enough!"

[The Empress' Estate - Frescots]

"Bad,"
    Adir answers Sakura. A little bile rises in his throat. "Ooooh Yuri, how long was I gone?"

He cringes away from the women a little, but doesn't move to act or un-curl himself for a few long moments. At last he straightens his legs and rolls over, lying on his back, sighing with a whisper of breath. "Uhhn..." He does reach for Sakura, purely instinctively, but he also lets the Empress stop him. He looks up the length of his arm... and his open hand, framing Sakura's face.

His hand. It certainly is, there's that scar underneath his knuckles from a bear's tooth, but...

"Sakura?"
    He asks, incredulously. "Did you get smaller?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Empress' Estate - Frescots]

Sakura's lips purse in that way that's all too familiar to Adir. She's not happy about something. "She'll explain." Sakura's eyes shift to the Empress.

[Fourth Tower Compound]

The spider is dispatched handily. It doesn't drop to the ground, but seems to dissipate into a wisp of smoke, and then vanish entirely. Its webs start to deteriorate as well, but slow. They may keep Bolts tangled for a bit longer.

Vax is in complete agreement with Sticks. Enough indeed. While he's momentarily occupied with the spider, she squeezes out of the back door and into the open air. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be difficult for Sticks to pursue them, but at the very least they're out of the confines of the building. She won't waste any time and starts to head east.

[MERC Office]

Kinda sounds like an excuse to get them out of the room to Eliseo, but whatever. If this place is haunted, it's probably not just in one room, right? "Sure, let's go." He'll starts walking out of the room first.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office

Koshal follows the other kids out.
    "Psst. Eliseo. You should call my phone. Maybe we'll hear it go off and we can figure out where the ghost took it." he says excitedly, proud of his clever idea.

29. - Top - End - #89

Cessie falls silent for a moment after Jezebel explained her intentions. "Fair enough." She finally declares. "And I think it would be refreshing for my children to meet others than the Frescots from time to time. I would need to get them though." She suddenly smiles.

Pastry Shop

"Really? How grotesque. Of course the nobles of Malechenar love the grotesque so I hope you can make sketches." Celestel jokingly remarks with a smile. "But if you please." She bows deeply, and gestures towards the beast which kneels down enough for Jezebel to climb up on it.

[Fourth Tower Compound]

As soon as Vax is also outside, Nazaan utters another phrase and the door closes itself behind them. Getting through that door and its wards would delay Sticks and his monster even further as he is heading straight for the new compound. It was all the way over in Eastside though so it would take time to get there. "We're going to have to dodge Malechenar patrols, Vax. That's not going to be easy with us looking like this. Think you can do something about that?" he asks as they are about to exit the alley.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-24 at 11:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office]

Iknika will boldly lead the way to the cellar. She makes no comments about Koshal's idea.