New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[MERC Office]

Well, that had been far easier than Dena had expected. She walks up to the painting, making sure it wasn't damaged and was hanging properly.
    At least those three wouldn't be able to do any damage down there, unless they set the building on fire of course. But if that came to pass, well, she'd be taking that money from their parents.

Now, the three are setting off towards the basement. It might take a bit to actually find the door that leads down there.

It is pitch black down there though, and it is difficult to find the light switch, does it even exist?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-24 at 06:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92

[Southside - Reception]

A human woman clad from toe to neck in purple armor with a tome attached by chain to her hip walks into the reception of the government building. Her long hair is pitch black with an odd shade of purple to it with four small horns emerging through it. "Excuse me." She inquires the receptionist. "My name is Ambrosia Ithil and I am a scholar of dragons. I have heard that you have a great deal of half-dragons here. Could I possibly book a meeting with someone who would know more about it? For scholarly purposes of course." She smiles gently.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate - The Frescots

"You can touch people, but again, be slow and gentle."
    The Empress says, pressing the need for caution before removing her hand. After she does so, she reaches up and removes her helm to reveal her face to him as she explains. "By taking in my blood, the Divinity of my family line, you have changed. You've grown larger and stronger. Until you take some time to acclimate yourself, you might not be used to the strength since you will not be some lumbering hulk."

The Empress' Estate - Tester

The Empress leads Tester over to the sets of lighter armor before stopping in front of a set of dark green and brown leather tied together with small patches of tarnished steel chain. She reaches up, rubbing her finger and thumb over a cloak of feathers set with it that's an array of dark foresty colors ranging from dark mossy green to dull stone grey. "This. A set made with the feathers of chicks born from the Raptor of Eons. It is the only one of its kind and has been worn by countless individuals until my uncle, the last to wear it, put it aside. He is as nameless as I, dead and forgotten by all but a few. You wished for someone to care about your death when the time comes, and while I will care I will not mourn. This armor however, will be the one to mourn for you."

Pastry Shop

"I can provide better than sketches, actually."
    Jezebel admits as she takes her seat inside the creation. "If you are willing to drop me off at my manor when we are done with the tour, I can loan you a pair of art and pict portfolios that were printed back home. Though I must admit that much of it is...excessively gothic and grotesque to the point of being beyond good taste."

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir

"But what is there to really say?"
    Jezebel points out as she shuts off her tablet and looks between Harnetta and Wenomir. There is a flicker of amusement to her expression, but also annoyance and slight frustration. "Early this morning I find myself awoken to not just the sounds of two people going violently at it, but also to the realization that I would be playing host to a man who has made no effort to hide his displeasure at my existence. When Charles awoke I gave him instructions to have your clothing washed and extra food to be prepared because if there is anything I had been familiar with at one point in my life, it is the morning after drunken or drugged debauchery. I also find myself almost stunned and groaning at the sheer irony of accepting this entire situation when I had once been on the other side of it which had resulted in being nearly killed and being trapped in a magic blade." Jezebel points out with a small frown before picking up her tablet and turning it on again to read. "At this point in time however, I lack a psychic, a lascannon, or soul-stealing blade to make these experiences equal so I will settle for forcing you two to wear clothing like this for my amusement. So I ask again, Harnetta. What is there to say?" She repeats.

After a heartbeat she furrows her brow and looks back at Wenomir. "Was it ever discovered who swapped out one of your dueling blades anyway?"

The Lotus Gardens - Cessie

Jezebel smiles and almost grins the moment Cessie accepts the invitation. "Is there anything in particular you or your children would like to eat for dinner? I can also have extra beds put into Sergei and Ariel's rooms so the boys and girls can share. If Garn is concerned, I'm certain I can find room for him too." She adds with a slight chuckle at the thought of the gargoyle watching over the place from a distance even if he wasn't invited.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Wenomir keeps his face carefully blank during Jezebel's rant. The ex-daemon isn't wrong, which grates on him even more. If that's what happens when he tries to be spontaneous and live a little, he might as well become an ascetic.

"I don't think we ever found out. I think it was someone calling themselves a god. They like pulling pranks on mortals this way. Either way, I stopped caring. It's ancient history, and I leave obsessing over it to others. But I do apologize for the noise. I should have suggested another place last night."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Southside - Reception]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    A human woman clad from toe to neck in purple armor with a tome attached by chain to her hip walks into the reception of the government building. Her long hair is pitch black with an odd shade of purple to it with four small horns emerging through it. "Excuse me." She inquires the receptionist. "My name is Ambrosia Ithil and I am a scholar of dragons. I have heard that you have a great deal of half-dragons here. Could I possibly book a meeting with someone who would know more about it? For scholarly purposes of course." She smiles gently.
    "Hello Ms. Ithil, and welcome to Southside." The current receptionist is an orcish woman in a modern business outfit, black hair in a neat ponytail.
    "Of course. We couldn't have refounded the city without the nephilim. Is your scholarship about any specific field? So I know who to direct you to."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-07-25 at 11:00 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate

Tester smiles at the armor.
    "Well, those chain links need some love, but that's not much. I don't really know where that metaphor of yours is going, but I'm honored to wear something from your family."
    And he even lived long enough to retire the armor. That's a good sign.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #97

[Southside - Reception]

"Yes, while I full field is dragons in general, right now I study part-dragons such as half-dragons and other beings that are directly related to dragons in one way or the other. Specifically, I am trying to see how the dragon essence, so to speak, reacts when mixed with other species." The scholar explains. "I could go into more details if need be, not sure how much information you will need."

"Just... simple food. Nothing spicy or weird." Cessie replies hesitantly. "As for Garn, he will have to stay at home. He wouldn't want to leave the keep 'unguarded', though I might take with me two revenants, just for the sake of appearance." She explains.

Pastry Shop==>Northside Tour

She will have to sit on the creature, but it so happens that there are deep ridges in the creatures back that seems to have been sculpted for passengers. Celestel soon takes a seat beside her. "Of course, my lady. Just hold on now as we're taking off." Celestel says as the creature suddenly lifts off and flies towards northside.

As they approach it, Jezebel will be able to see there is distinct change from the other sides. All but the gardens themselves have such clean streets, or so much surveillance. There are cameras and police everywhere. "Sadly, the recent events in Riverside has forced us to take drastic steps to ensure the safety of our populace. All this security is for them, to make sure that they can feel safe in a city that have become known for the constant take-over attempts." Celestel explains.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"There is no metaphor. Everyone who ever has or ever will wear that armor is already known to it. Such is the power the weight of time itself has granted it."
    The Empress explains as she reaches out to remove the leather panel that covers the heart of the one wearing it. She turns it over gently in her hands, revealing a script that seems to writhe and squirm under Tester's gaze. After a few long moments, the scrawl seems to settle down into just a single rune and even though Tester won't known the language, he can feel it translate itself in his own mind. Somehow it changed to be his own name, written in a foreign language by his own hand. Only once the name has solidified does The Empress return it to the whole.

"Do you begin to understand what I have gifted you?"

Northside Tour

Jezebel watches the shift in scenery with keen interest and listens to Celestel's explanation with a nod. "It is certainly understandable given the state of the city, though those who would be less understanding might mistake the security for tyranny." She points out. "How is all of this funded? If you're allowed to tell me that is. I do appreciate secrecy being respected both ways of course."

"Nothing weird and nothing too heavily spiced, okay. I'll be sure to pass that onto Charles. Instead of anything extravagant, I'll suggest finger-foods. Mostly things they can take into the rooms to snack on if they want. Arial hardly has the patience to sit through dinner anyway." J
    ezebel admits with an amused smile. "And please, go ahead and bring the revenants. I would actually appreciate getting a closer look at them as well since they've piqued my curiosity."

9. - Top - End - #99

Default [Southside - Reception]

The receptionist shakes her head.
    "That should be plenty."
    She pulls up a set of schedules on her screen, switches over to the 'mad science' tab.
    "One of the graft-nin can speak with you this afternoon, just after lunch, and I've let the General know you're here - but she's very busy, I wouldn't expect anything to be available soon."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office]

"Yeah, sure. Let's try that." Eliseo pulls out his phone and turns out the screen. Hey, that's making a little light too, as they enter the dark room. "What's your number?" Once he gets that, he'll try calling it.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office

Koshal rattles off his number. He almost never uses it, but Krayger said he ought to remember it in case someone asks so he did. He looks out into the dark room and frowns. Faye, of course, has perfect night vision but he can't rely on her to guide him. He focuses, flicking up his thumb like using a lighter and staring at it. Five flicks later, and some groaning of frustration, and he produces a tiny blue flame the size of a candle's. "See? It's my holy fire!" he says, incredibly proud.

The Empress' Estate- Tester

Tester exhales in awe. "That is some serious mojo." he whispers. Of course, writing his own name secretly into his own armor sounds like something he would do. He wants the real thing somewhere, just in case.
    "Is it still normal metal and leather though? In terms of, I mean, I know how to oil that stuff. I can do my own maintenance." he insists, trying to find something normal about this entire conversation.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-07-25 at 10:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

"They're rather difficult to study I'm afraid, at least from that perspective, but that sounds good. I'll go and tell them right away if I may leave at such a short notice." She replies with a smile. "I imagine they would be eager to have a sleep over, or at least Cora will be." Bastion was more like her when it came to suddenly changed environments.

Northside Tour

"There are less complaints about 'tyranny' after all these constant attacks. People understand that they need to be protected with empowered individuals doing whatever they please in this realm." Celestel points out. "But yes, security does has a price. Malechenar had to raise taxes a bit, but the majority of the expenses have been paid by our newly opened mine in outside. Same goes to the mercenaries upholding the law in Westside until we can fully expand our protection there as well, which should be soon I should point out."

They slowly soar over a park with several fountains and statues that depicts elegantly dressed humans and gargoyles which easily could be mistaken for the ones flying around in the air. Some of them might actually be the very same ones, cleverly disguised as statues.

[Southside - Reception]

"Excellent, I'll be over here later then." Ambrosia says with a smile. "Don't worry about the general though, I don't require any of her precious time."

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Should Mia ask around, she'll be guided to a small three-story tower set inside one of the parks. The staircase leading up might not be large enough for the robot, but Mia and her other companion should be able to go up without issue. Jezebel is seated on a bench at the top of the tower, watching over the Gardens with her hands in her lap and a small smile on her face.
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

The robot will manage to get the stairs up. His feet change shape into a simular one to the stairs.
    "Hello Jezebel." Mia says when tehy reached the top of the tower. "How are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [DMSide]
    "If there are more such voices, that we just can't hear, that would explain a lot."
    But Alice doesn't really think that's the way it is; life is so messy and complicated; there's no reason it should be able to be clearly understood. Often you wouldn't want it to, either. Anyone who tried to fight Mia with an electrical anything would have a lot of trouble, she imagines.

"Why did you join VIGIL? It's not immediately clear that Desu Mechanicus would get involved with things like that."
    [DMSide]

"Well, I was send here to invastigate. The nexus is a differetn place. many religions take place in daily live here. In my homeworld there are only two. I thought working for a party that wants to help people will allow me to require new followers. I just recently noticed that I can't help Vigil in a fight so i take lessons by one of the leaders." Mia replies. It just a short explaining, but that should do for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [DMside - Wenomir]

"I'm not happy about getting involved in the Southside struggle, or any other Riverside political conflicts," Wenomir admits. "But I will, if that's what it takes. I don't know about Cessie."
    [DMside - Wenomir]

"I may have another option." Mia replies. "Sure I would like to have someone on my side against those invaders, but it won't be usefull if you object about it."

"The other task would be directlly dangerouse, even live threating. If that is more preferable."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #104

[Southside - Dragon Research]
    "Excellent, I'll be over here later then." Ambrosia says with a smile. "Don't worry about the general though, I don't require any of her precious time."
    That's interesting, that Ambrosia doesn't need the General's attention. Confident in herself? Uninformed about the General's role in these things? Hiding something? Just being polite? But her respect for the Generals' time is noted as well.
    Ambrosia is given more specific directions (further south; they don't do dragon research here at city hall) for when she returns and instructions to "have a good morning!"

If she shows up on time, she'll be met at the door of a bright, medical-looking building. "Ms. Ithil, correct? The dragon-scholar? I'll be answering your questions, hopefully." A man with two curling horns framing his face, patches of silvery-gold scales around them. His right arm is a sort of prosthetic, a congeries of stained glass and wire. "General's graft-nin Aleksei, pleased to meet you. Where should we start?"

[DMSide]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Well, I was send here to investigate. The nexus is a different place. Many religions take place in daily life here. In my homeworld there are only two. I thought working for a party that wants to help people would allow me to acquire new followers. I just recently noticed that I can't help Vigil in a fight, so I take lessons from one of the leaders." Mia replies. It just a short explaining, but that should do for now.
    Alice asks the obvious question.
    "What's the other religion of your world?"
    Looking around, Mia seems to have been pretty successful. Thus, pretty dangerous.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

[DMside - Wenomir]

Wenomir shrugs.

"Go ahead and tell me what it is. Then I'll decide."

[MERC Office]

Iknika peers into the gloom of the cellar. She's got almost perfect darkvision, and the light provided by Koshal's fire is more than she needs. Her eyes gleam a little in the dim light, and her pupils dilate like a cat's.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-07-26 at 05:56 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #106

The scholar nods. "Likewise, miss." Then she leaves.

She is punctual of course, showing up exactly on appointed time, looking around curiously as she walks up to the entrance of the building. Was this the place where they 'made' them?

As she is greeted by the... nephilim? What a curious name. Were they somehow related to a god perhaps? Or were they an attempt to play god?
    "Indeed, that is me. Nice to meet you, Aleksei." She smiles at him and offers her hand to shake. "As for where we start, perhaps you could tell me about your selection. Are there specific dragons you pick our for this process, or will almost any dragon do? Same thing for the people you graft them with. Would it work for just about anyone, or do they need to have special qualities?"

- - - Updated - - -

[MERC Office]

Lo and behold. Regardless if they see it through the light from the lighter or through dark vision, they see the same thing, a lot of crap.

The entire floor is filled with broken or outright destroyed furniture to the degree that it is impossible to walk around down here. If the upstairs rooms were the furniture's breeding ground, this would be their graveyard. This is where furniture come to die. There might be some interesting items underneath all this rubble, but it would take a long time to clean out.

Why in the world is there so much furniture in this manor anyway?

But all of sudden, they can hear Koshal's cellphone ring nearby. The sound is weak, but it is definitely coming from somewhere down in the basement.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-28 at 05:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir

"But what is there to really say?"
    Jezebel points out as she shuts off her tablet and looks between Harnetta and Wenomir. There is a flicker of amusement to her expression, but also annoyance and slight frustration. "Early this morning I find myself awoken to not just the sounds of two people going violently at it, but also to the realization that I would be playing host to a man who has made no effort to hide his displeasure at my existence. When Charles awoke I gave him instructions to have your clothing washed and extra food to be prepared because if there is anything I had been familiar with at one point in my life, it is the morning after drunken or drugged debauchery. I also find myself almost stunned and groaning at the sheer irony of accepting this entire situation when I had once been on the other side of it which had resulted in being nearly killed and being trapped in a magic blade." Jezebel points out with a small frown before picking up her tablet and turning it on again to read. "At this point in time however, I lack a psychic, a lascannon, or soul-stealing blade to make these experiences equal so I will settle for forcing you two to wear clothing like this for my amusement. So I ask again, Harnetta. What is there to say?" She repeats.

After a heartbeat she furrows her brow and looks back at Wenomir. "Was it ever discovered who swapped out one of your dueling blades anyway?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Wenomir keeps his face carefully blank during Jezebel's rant. The ex-daemon isn't wrong, which grates on him even more. If that's what happens when he tries to be spontaneous and live a little, he might as well become an ascetic.

"I don't think we ever found out. I think it was someone calling themselves a god. They like pulling pranks on mortals this way. Either way, I stopped caring. It's ancient history, and I leave obsessing over it to others. But I do apologize for the noise. I should have suggested another place last night."

"It's not so bad; we maybe should have been quieter, but Jezebels's just miffed for the reason I told you up in my room." There's a sly smile on Harnetta's face as she looks at Jezzy, eating some of her breakfast, "Still, Jezebel, what would you do to me if you had a psychic on hand?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #108

The scholar nods. "Likewise, miss." Then she leaves.

She is punctual of course, showing up exactly on appointed time, looking around curiously as she walks up to the entrance of the building. Was this the place where they 'made' them?

As she is greeted by the... nephilim? What a curious name. Were they somehow related to a god perhaps? Or were they an attempt to play god?
    "Indeed, that is me. Nice to meet you, Aleksei." She smiles at him and offers her hand to shake. "As for where we start, perhaps you could tell me about your selection. Are there specific dragons you pick our for this process, or will almost any dragon do? Same thing for the people you graft them with. Would it work for just about anyone, or do they need to have special qualities?"
    He extends his glass arm for a handshake.
    "Well, dragons aren't the most common creatures around, you know?"

Aleksei leads the way inside; it's just a nice little waiting room at first, but he breezes right past that. A little window in the door looks in on a group of people meditating; one leader and several bandaged people with lesser or greater levels of dragon features.

"Originally it was any draconic material available. For the ones born nephilim, they were rather more particular. There are just a handful of sources used for that. One the one hand, there's more to be learned from every new dragon; on the other, they're unknown quantities, more dangerous to work with. As for people receiving the grafts, it's basically anyone. With more common races, humans for example, the chakra pathways and various systems of the body are better understood. It's more the opposite of needing special qualities: people with elemental affinities, or shape-shifting powers, they'll run into complications, at the least."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #109

Chakra pathways and 'born nephilim'? Curious.
    "And this process only works with dragons then? You couldn't use, say, some species of hydras or trolls which could regenerate the parts you take from them." Ambrosia inquires. "Since as you said, dragons are not very common, even though the number of nephilim you have would suggest they aren't as uncommon as in my homeworld." She gestures towards the mediating group.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-27 at 05:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta and Wenomir

"I don't need a psychic, nor is any conversation within my household truly secret from me." Jezebel says, taking a sip of her Caff and simply allowing the tea-cup she'd filled with the liquid float back down to the table. "Speaking of me within my domain, let alone my own home allows me to hear you." She adds before looking over at Harnetta with her fingers laced together. "I am not frustrated because I'm not "Getting any". I am perfectly fine with how things are progressing for me right now. It is slow and is a nice change of pace." She says firmly before looking over to Wenomir.

"You are welcome here, regardless of our past. Even more so if what occurred between you and Harnetta is serious rather than a fling."
    She adds before sighing and crossing her arms over her chest. "But let me clarify something. Regardless of what's happened between us, how I have tried to help Vigil, and regardless our differences in birth, I will never ask that you like me. I will ask however that you respect me. As one warrior to another. If you can manage that, then perhaps we can begin again with a mostly clean slate."

"Oh, no. I could hardly wish to delay you too long. If I did, we would be forced to plan this for another night."
    Jezebel says with a smile as she stands up to be polite when Cessie stands eventually as well. "I'll inform Charles to expect company, and I'm sure he'll be delighted. The same for Ariel and Sergei, even if the last is loathe to admit it." She says with a grin. "Would you like me to send you home, or do you wish to travel yourself?" She asks.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I am doing well, thank you."
    Jezebel says, gesturing to a spot on the bench next to her. "And pray tell, how are you? I hope you didn't have a difficult time with anyone after the meeting. "

Northside Tour

Considering that some of the Gardens' own statues are "living", Jezebel does take careful note of the details of those she's seeing. "I don't disagree with the security of course. The Gardens has more than its fair share of it after all. I do cringe at the thought of having to rely upon mercenaries for security and law however. They have their uses, but I would definitely hesitate at using them in such a way unless I truly had no better option."

"The gear still needs cared for, though the tarnish can't be removed. It is a physical change given by the Legacy that has accumulated. It is why my armor appears rusted and tarnished, or why my sword looks dull but is sharp instead." She explains as she takes a few steps to the side to bring out a small case of oils, rubs, brushes and cloths. "Take this and return to your room. Head to the baths in four hours' time and I will be waiting to anoint you and your armor. In the meantime, I will fit this to you by my own hand."

21. - Top - End - #111

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

Aleksei shakes his head.
    "I think you misunderstand, Ms. Ithil. We do not hunt dragons for their bodies to make these changes. Even with the hands and the will, there would not be enough. But in every scale and drop of blood the whole essence of the dragon is replicated." He moves on past that recovery room.

"Not only with dragons, but most creatures are not suitable. Trolls' blood is already too diluted and similar to humans' to have much effect, and hydra cells grow out of control and consume the recipient. For instance. We've had luck with certain trees, though, and new investigations are undertaken where we can."

The next place the pass is a surgical area, concealed behind many doors as part of keeping it clean. Little to glimpse, and it doesn't seem in use right now.
    "True, the very first of our nephilim (that was well before I started working with her, of course) was made how you imagine, but it's hardly the standard way for these things."

And they come to a little rest area outside the doors to a stairway. "I'll ask you leave any weapons, cameras, active magical items, etc. up here..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound --> Northside Streets]

Sticks wastes no time. Bolts isn't freeing himself quickly, so he blasts the bird free, taking little care not to singe his feathers or cut small gouges in his metal hide. What does Bolts care, he thinks? He doesn't feel pain. The colossal metal bird looks at Sticks almost contemplatively, but he doesn't complain.

The tall man throws himself onto Bolts' back and urges him up. Together they hurtle through the Compound door like a great brass bullet and clomp steadily after their quarry, a flowing monsoon of spiritual power trailing Sticks as they go.

[The Empress' Estate - Frescots]

"Um,"
    Adir sounds kinda worried. And just as blindsided by this as Sakura. Seeing the Empress' face probably doesn't help things - not after remembering what she did in that awful dream. That vision. He's had them before... "This is all happening... uh..." Adir swings himself toward the side of the bed with Sakura and throws his legs over the side, but he stops short of getting up. He just has to take a second to... relearn himself. At least the shape was the same...

He looks up and manages to muster up a little smile for Sakura. He's a little baggy-eyed, his snowy white hair is a matted mess. "...How do I look? Is it okay? There isn't an extra antler sticking out of my forehead or something, right?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta and Wenomir]

Wenomir puts down his fork, with great care. When he speaks, he chooses his words carefully.

"I never would have expected you to appeal to me as a fellow warrior. You held your own in the duel against me, but you've always struck me as someone who prefers words to weapons. You wield them with efficacy, and that is something I could never do."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-07-27 at 06:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate

Tester nods and takes the case. "I wasn't gonna comment on that. Yes, ma'am. I'll see you then." says the ork.
    Truth be told, he's very interested in seeing how the Empress fits it. It already exists. So is she supposed to add to it? Remove material? Do a chant of some kind? But he got a specific, clear order, and he needs to keep his relationship with his employer good, so for now it's just time to obey and take his leave. Now, what to do for four hours?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"You two could spar." Harnetta suggests, cutting some ham, "Jezebel, I know you enjoy it it, and have been pining for an excuse to stretch your legs for a while now, and Wenomir, you feel you understand someone best when you can get into a fight with them."

"Seems to me like the solution to both problems is obvious."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta and Wenomir

Jezebel smiles a bit after wiping her lips on a napkin. "Perhaps, Wenomir, but you just realized you've insulted me most gracefully with your words. I might be rubbing off on you." She points out as the smile fades. "Lords and Ladies where I am from are expected to learn how to fight, Wenomir. My upbringing was privileged and sheltered, but only to a point. When I turned sixteen, I had to fight my way up from the bottom of a city with billions of inhabitants. A city where most levels were kill or be killed. Gangs, muties, Arbitrators, and even roving bands of nobility going on hunts were everywhere. By nineteen I was recruited by the Inquisition, an organization devoted to fighting some of humanity's most hated foes, heretics, and the daemonic. I've seen worlds turned to ash because of governors being more concerned over their inhabitants than the Imperium at large." She explains, her tone turning hard before looking back at Wenomir. "I'm perhaps twenty-five now, give or take a year, Wenomir. Forgive me if I choose to use words rather than a blade. I've seen what happens when speaking fails and would prefer to avoid it."

After she gives her little speech, she raises an eyebrow at Harnetta's suggestion. "I am willing to duel, though I have a pair of personal shields for such an occasion so neither of us will need to worry. I have a third as well, however. Since you suggested it, how about you join Wenomir against myself. Neither of you need fear my talents."

When Tester eventually opens the door to the baths, he'll find a frigid blast of air hit him. He won't be bothered by the cold, but as he goes down he'll find the corridor covered in frost and at the very bottom, standing in waist deep water, stands The Empress. She wears nothing but a thick robe, left open, and stands near a pedestal carrying a large urn, a dagger, and the leather helm from the set of armor she'd showed him. "Are you prepared? There is no turning back after this." She explains in the candle-light.

27. - Top - End - #117

"Oh, no. I could hardly wish to delay you too long. If I did, we would be forced to plan this for another night."
    Jezebel says with a smile as she stands up to be polite when Cessie stands eventually as well. "I'll inform Charles to expect company, and I'm sure he'll be delighted. The same for Ariel and Sergei, even if the last is loathe to admit it." She says with a grin. "Would you like me to send you home, or do you wish to travel yourself?" She asks.

Northside Tour

Considering that some of the Gardens' own statues are "living", Jezebel does take careful note of the details of those she's seeing. "I don't disagree with the security of course. The Gardens has more than its fair share of it after all. I do cringe at the thought of having to rely upon mercenaries for security and law however. They have their uses, but I would definitely hesitate at using them in such a way unless I truly had no better option."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Aleksei shakes his head.
    "I think you misunderstand, Ms. Ithil. We do not hunt dragons for their bodies to make these changes. Even with the hands and the will, there would not be enough. But in every scale and drop of blood the whole essence of the dragon is replicated." He moves on past that recovery room.

"Not only with dragons, but most creatures are not suitable. Trolls' blood is already too diluted and similar to humans' to have much effect, and hydra cells grow out of control and consume the recipient. For instance. We've had luck with certain trees, though, and new investigations are undertaken where we can."

The next place the pass is a surgical area, concealed behind many doors as part of keeping it clean. Little to glimpse, and it doesn't seem in use right now.
    "True, the very first of our nephilim (that was well before I started working with her, of course) was made how you imagine, but it's hardly the standard way for these things."

And they come to a little rest area outside the doors to a stairway. "I'll ask you leave any weapons, cameras, active magical items, etc. up here..."

"Ah, yes, I seem to have misunderstood. A fascinating process, truly. Much more effective than I had imagined, that you can do so much with so little." She remarks as she makes some notes in her journal.

Trees too? This process had to be shared, unless there was something they weren't telling her about it of course.

At the request of turning over her gear she hesitates though. "Would you lend me something to take notes with then? Like a notebook, or something similar? My tome here is a recording device in itself, though I can tell him to stop, if that's acceptable"

"I can handle transportation myself, but thank you for the offer." Cessie replies, smiling back at the newly elected mayor. She raises from her chair and nods deeply. "I will make my own arrangements, which should give you some time to prepare. I will be back soon enough." She then motions to leave.

Northside Tour

Celestel nods. "Personally, I agree with your statement. Mercenaries have no place as law-enforcers, no matter their level of competence. However, Lord Ryhe considered it essential to keep westside safe with Tenebras collapsing on itself, no matter the costs, despite Lord Harolds protests. It won't last much longer though. We have brought in trained law-enforcers from our homeworld that will be replacing MERC soon enough." She pauses, smiling at the mayor. "But now I have to know, what is your opinion on MERC and its leaders? Have you had any connection to them? I heard that this majestic creature known as 'Kirk' copulated with one of our emissaries. An effective way to make friends, yes?" Celestel remarks with a smirk. "Of course, I can't imagine it being the first time this has happened." She eyes Jezebel carefully, letting the silent question linger in the air, had she also had such "diplomatic" relationships with Kirk?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezebel gives a small bow as she holds open the door for Cessie, obviously quite happy with the turn of events. "We will see you tonight. Until then." She says politely before allowing the mage to leave unhindered any further.

Northside Tour

"I have not had the chance for any such relations with Kirk, though I know he has had such with some of my subordinates." She admits with a small snort of amusement, not even trying to hide the smile at the thought that she had orchestrated it. "As far as the rest of MERC goes, I haven't really had much of an occasion to talk to them. They seem to have attempted to meddle some within my territory, but I do not think they garnered anything of real use." She explains. "Perhaps it is time for me to actually pay a visit to their headquarters sometime. I'm sure there is plenty for us to talk about."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-07-28 at 02:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Northside Tour

Celestel giggles as jezebel snorts with amusement. "I'm sure he had, it seems right up in his alley." She shakes her head. "But speaking of MERC directors, if I may ask another question, what is your relationship with Dena Xifhara? MERC's gorgon. She is in charge of MERC in riverside if my memory serves right."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

That's new. Wenomir had no idea Jezebel had to fight her way through adolescence. That's... he's not sure how that makes him feel. Then, however, something she said makes him visibly tense.

"I can't claim to have seen worlds die, certainly. What was expected of me was to break my back working to support my so-called betters. Because our conveniently dead gods had ordained it so. Then, I was put on a leash by alchemists who made me a demon-hunter. Maybe we do have more in common than I thought," he says. "But if I were to agree to fight... it would be a proper duel. Both Harnetta and I are a match for you alone."