New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1488

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[The Lotus Gardens - Border]

"Later." Zefir tells Zenon. It wasn't the time to clear things up. After all telling him the whole betrayl Story and his prediction they will burn down the whole area or make it otherwise unusable would take more time then they have now. Unfortunatly it's even less.

As the energy from the gardens is drain away Zefir drops the cube he just got. It can't be a good sign. There Jezebel appears.

After Jezable speaks out her command Zefir remain silently. his arms hang down and his head is slightly bowed forwared. After a moment his body beginns to shake like he is breathing in and out uncontrolled. Next those around him will hear a chuckle. It doesn't sound good in any way.
    "She attacked me." he wispers and the chuckle get's louder. "She really attacked me." The cuckle turns into laugther. "She attacked...us." and his voice changed a bit. Suddendly his arm drives up, grabing right in front of his mask like he wants to tear anoteher mask off his face. People with magical sense may notice that he grabs the 'command'. He pulls at it once, nothing changed, twice, it crackes. Trice, the cracks get bigger and with the fourth drag he breakes the spell from himself. his body still shaking from the effort and the laugther.

Zefir looks at Jezable. he can feel the power flowing threw her and also he can feel that it is leaking out of her body for some reasons. At least this isn't her normal form which means he may need to stall some time here. Maybe an hour or more, hard to say at this point.

"What should make me think it isn't that way?" Zefir says. "Not that you appear to be willing to negotiat futher. So I say we are done here. You keep yours we keep ours."It may be no attack for most people, but he is rather sensible when anyone tries to play with his mind.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-10-19 at 02:42 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Orc in the Playground

I don't know what you're doing, but considering I'm short on experts in powers like ours, I'd really prefer you didn't go out in some blaze of glory, even if I do remember shooting you with a laser cannon. The telepathic voice that attempts to make contact with Jezebel is unfamiliar in voice, but the power behind it is likely far more recognizable. The two don't match in the slightest, considering the voice seems feminine, but the psychic power is undeniably the same.

But I should tell you that whatever's going on, AMEN is working with or outright includes a creature claiming to be a reality-eater. I don't know if their allies are aware, but nothing can be ceded to them.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #1353

NinjaGuy

Zenon blinks for a moment. His magic senses through the Devourer had been calibrated after his first visit to deal with the place, but now the magic's going away. The Devourer warns him to change to a different sort of senses, ones calibrated for situations like this. The entity has a basic capacity for sensing the divine active all the time, but this gives greater detail into the nature of such beings, should they appear. Of course, if Jezebel hasn't reached that level yet, even with the imbibed power of the Gardens, then these extra senses will do nothing, but it pays to be prepared, just in case. These senses do not come without changes or a price, though. They dampen Zenon's considerable ability to temper and manage the Devourer's hunger, and they merge part of his mind into their collective while he has them active. Still, better safe than sorry.

The upper half of Zenon's face fades into inky-black darkness, while a horrible, hungry grin fixes itself into a menacing rictus, the blackness under his helmet extending to his upper jaw, needle-like teeth exposed on the upper half, while the teeth in his lower jaw remain the same. His eyes flame with bright violet power, the irises remaining the same red with the bars they were, but his sclera flicking flames out the edges of his helmet. He shakes his head at Zefir, and shrugs, as his senses change over. An instant later, Jezebel appears. Had he not had the experiences of the Devourer itself to draw on, his senses would have been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of magic around her. As it stands, however, he merely looks her up and down, as a housewife might appraise a piece of meat. Her magical command never reaches his core mind, its magic and intent engulfed, nullified, and consumed by one of the Devourer's magic-eating aspects. Instead he looks to Zefir for a moment, then chuckles to himself, his voice having changed to a dual tone of his usual voice, and a deeper, gutteral tone that one might liken to that of a black hole, if black holes could speak.

"Now, now, let's not be hasty. Perhaps she didn't mean it as an attack." He looks to Jezebel once more. "We did not come to fight, we came to negotiate, after all."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Orc in the Playground

Then I’m just in time.

Felandria enters the situation, still carrying her trophy.

She does not look remotely pleased.

Hi, Jezebel.

Felandria looks at the head in her hand.

Oh, this?

I ripped this off the first thing they sent to try and kill us.

I used it to kill the second bigger thing they sent to try and kill us.

She turns and looks at the strangers.

Noticing a pattern?

Look, it has been a VERY long day for everyone, so why don’t we cut through all the nonsense?

Whatever the situation is with the Gardens isn’t really my problem right now, as of today, I am the mayor of Eastside, and everyone here is now my responsibility.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Border

Jezebel listens to the claims she's attacked them and then takes a moment to close her eyes, thinking. A part of her was certainly grateful for Felandria's presence to help even the odds in their favor in case it came down to a fight, but as the puzzle pieces begin to click in her mind...

Jezebel starts to laugh.

It starts small, just a titter or giggle, but it quickly grows until she's almost laughing like a madman at something it seems only she finds funny. Eventually though the laughter dies down and she wipes tears from her eyes as her giggles end. Sometimes it sucked being right about what the enemy wanted. No one had believed her then, but this seemed to cinch it. "You don't have Ilpholin, you've all but admitted such so you being here is nothing but a waste of time." She explains. "Stop stalling and trying to bully your way to a deal and just leave, Zefir. Sargon already has what he wants and he's leaving you hanging while he gets out. Besides, without her you have no bargaining power here. You've nothing to offer."

"So leave. This'll be my offer. Leave and I'll let you go from this city in peace. Stick around or stall and your lives are forfeit."

Into The Breach

"Make sure they get out of here. I'll try to halt this. Don't wait up." Eric tells Tallya before looking at the door. "Just tell me which direction to go and I'll find it from there. If i can't get to the engines, I'll find whatever pockets of resistance there still are and try to get as many as I can out." As soon as someone provides him with directions, the young man exits the room and heads off quickly, sword still in hand and looking a fair bit worse for wear. Hopefully the bite on his shoulder wouldn't hamper him too much, but he had his doubts.

6. - Top - End - #1356

[Riverside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

In that case, we'll time skip to the time Vax is finished!
    Just in time for Zhareen to be finished as well it seems as she suddenly pushes the door open. "The spookies have officially been ex-communicated with! I now know their gossip!" She declares triumphantly, then turning to look around. "But where is that captivating green skinned beauty? Have I missed her? I wouldn't want to miss her leave." She giggles at her own joke.

((Turn order:
    Me
    Ghar
    Bill or Art, you can go whenever.))

As Jezebel and AMEN are arguing there also seem to be an argument between the demons. Two of the mage-y looking pit fiends are hissing words to another quietly and staring at one another with their glowing eyes. Eventually, one of them grunts and waves dismissively before suddenly disappearing in a bright flash of light. Then the rest of the demons start disappearing one by one in similar flashes of light.
    The other then moves up to the summoning circle and with a single word, the entire circle is erased in fire. Then it turns to address AMEN and Jezebel, making sure to position itself close to the force-field projecting golems. "AMEN has demanded Ilpholin for themselves and as our allies they will be granted her. She will be sent to their base, if you want her they will be responsible for her safety from now one." The fiend declares as its companions continues disappearing.

It looks like they're actually retreating as all over the city whatever remains of the demonic army is slowly being gated away.
    "In exchange for this breach of contract however, we are making a full retreat from the city. King Sargon declares that the day is yours." The fiend continues, now turned towards Jezebel.

[Mad Magic World]

Urk... well, Anika didn't know what she was doing either but in her mind it was better than doing nothing or trust some stupid demon!
    Therefore, she puts all her bear-weight into it and hopes to slam through that window... otherwise she's likely to just fall down.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-10-24 at 01:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Orc in the Playground

Into the Breach

Tallya accepts all the stuff she's given without complaint, though she's a little curious about the staff. And if she could potentially use it, if it became necessary. She nods and accepts the advice, though she's more of a donkey and morale booster than anything else right now.

She's not going to Soothe anything right now, unless anyone's going to break and run without her Soothing them, but she's aware she's running low on brass and should work on conserving it for when she really needs it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1358

The Lotus Gardens - Border

Zefir just smirks at Jezabel, thought his masks covers it.

"You just didn't get it." he says. "There is no 'deal' to be made. I want NOTHING from you. I was just here to tell you the facts."

As the demon speaks to Jezabel Zefir smirks even more. His body relaxes. He doesn't react to Felandria and her intimidation attemps.

"I guess we are done here then."

He turns away and implys the other AMEN members to follow him.
    He will head for the tank and jump in if nothing stops him.

The tank will then dive into the ground leaving riverside.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-10-25 at 08:28 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

They'll find Vax having just finished drawing a circle in chalk on the floor of an empty room. Arrayed around the circle are a variety of complex symbols in some alphabet only Zhareen will recognize. A number of markings occupy the inside of the circle as well. She stands straight and turns to the arriving group. "I'm just about ready. I believe I've decided on a suitable entity to deal with. You'll need to sit inside the circle, without disrupting any of the markings." She instructs.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riverside Hospital - Pre-Invasion

Nigel glances at Tori worriedly. Ok, sure. Just don't... brainwash me into serving some dark god or something, ok? He tells Vax, apparently earnestly. He sets his satchel down, before carefully stepping inside the circle and sitting down, arms wrapped around his legs. Is this... good? I haven't been able to cross my legs for 20 years so this is as close as I'm getting.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Well, that's very kind Felandria, but I can take responsibility for myself."
    Omiko turns and looks at Zefir with all her best eyes. Is he serious? This was all just a dramatic way to tell Jezebel off?

That's actually pretty cool.
    Even if it does ruin her vaporous plans to rebuild the AMEN Gardens. And she's glad the demons did come through and finish off Ilpholin for her. And she's really not in top form, it would probably be a poor showing if they had to fight Jezebel now.

"Well, I look forward to seeing you all again. Bye-bye ♥."
    And it's off to the tank!

[Mad Magic World]

Anika crashes her way in, bearly avoiding getting stuck in the hole.

She's in a cozy parlor, lit with dim red light. The carpet is deep and dark and marvelous, the walls hung with paintings that ought to be covered with curtains. A radio is playing harp music. A set of surgical tools and bottles are neatly arranged on the coffee table.
    There's an awkward arched doorway behind her that seems like it would lead outside the tower. There are stairs up on the left, from which Anika can hear the footsteps of the elf-demon coming downwards. There's another door across the room, leading deeper into the tower.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Halfling in the Playground

Adir seems about as confused as Omiko and Zenon about the motivation for this conversation. The fact that it was all just a ruse, and a way to stall (or at least a waste of their time) fills him with wintry rage, and he wants a fight very badly, but the stag doesn't think attacking the creeps from AMEN is really the best move here. He doesn't know their capabilities, doesn't know how much juice Jezzie has, and doesn't know if Felandria would throw in even if they fight about it. Even if they fought and won, Ilpholin would still be at AMEN, with god knows whatever other monsters.

Adir watches AMEN till they go. Then, with a cry and a curse, he throws a kick at the front fender of what used to be a little car. The whole thing swivels about ninety degrees, kicking up dust and ash. He dismisses his swords, slams his bolter back into the holster Jezzie provided, and sits on the rear end of the car's blackened shell. It creaks with his weight.

After a long minute of just exhaling cold air, he finally speaks. "I thought maybe being strong would let me do something in situations like this. I thought I would finally be able to help people like Cessie and Wenomir do." Adir drops his face into his hands. "But I was useless. I..." Adir lifts his head, looking toward Jezebel, and runs a hand over the puff of white hair atop his head. "I guess I saved you, huh? Back when those assassins were on you."

Well. He'll take that win.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-10-25 at 07:29 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1363

NinjaGuy

Zenon looks to Felandria and licks his chops, but pauses when Zefir mentions there's no negotiations, just him telling Jezebel where to stick it. His gaze snaps to the AMEN leader, and a low, multi-toned growl emanates from his throat for a moment, before ceasing. The darkness below his helmet retreats up into it, his upper jaw retuning to normal, and his eyes return to their normal color. He frowns testily, but does not follow Zefir and Omiko into the tank.

"I would liked to have seen what both of you were capable of, but alas, it seems it will not be today." He turns and begins walking away, raising an arm in a half-hearted farewell wave. "Until next we meet. Train hard, that your power may be all the greater when I consume it. Farewell."

An instant later, a black maw sphere seems to leap out of the ground, engulfing him, before disappearing in a cloud of black mist that disperses like smoke when it again touches the ground.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Orc in the Playground

When the bad guys leave, Felandria sighs deeply, wearily, sadly.

Damn it.

I really wanted to kill them.

What the hell are we supposed to do now?

Besides go smash up AMEN.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel's face is utterly impassive during the entire exchange with just an incline of her head towards the fiend to acknowledge the decision. Once AMEN and the demons leave however, she scowls. "Morons. They don't know they're being played worse than we are." She mutters before looking extremely tired. "I know, Adir. We lost. Sargon didn't say it, but we lost. I said it at the start that the city couldn't have been his real goal and that's why he gave up so easily. He had us over the coals and he knew it, but I suspect that AMEN threw a small wrench into his plans as well as ours." She reaches up, wiping her face. "However, did you hear what the demon said? Her safety is in their hands now. They aren't going to kill her like we feared if that is part of the bargain they made. Why else would he specify safety? We have some time I believe before she's truly at risk. But yes, you did save me and that is not a debt I will forget, Lord Frescot." She tells him, looking directly into his eyes before turning back to the Gardens and starting to walk.

"We can seek vengeance later however, Felandria. For now, we have wounds to lick, plans to make, and I need to salvage what little power of the Gardens that I can." She tells the giant. "And you forget, you are mayor of Eastside now. You have a city to rebuild and care for first."

Cessie?
    Jezebel's voice says gently into Cessie's head. AMEN and the demons are gone but Ilpholin was not turned over. The battle is over. Right now though, I need you to go to my office at the back of the chapel and get me a small blue velvet pouch from the top left drawer. Meet me out front with it and please bring the Hunter with you. I'm going to need his coat after this.

16. - Top - End - #1366

[Mad Magic World]

The bear pauses, confused. What kind of demon lair was this? No skeletons, evil glowing symbols or even blood anything. She guess those surgical instruments could be used for evil stuff, but maybe this demon was in reality really lame, which is why she was covering in up in here...

But there was no time to consider that, lets head to that passage that might lead outside the tower, that would be a portal home right? And if not, she'd at least be outside the tower again where the demon couldn't reach her.

I know, I was actually looking on from afar with an elemental. Cessie wasn't just going to sit and wait. But consider it done.
    The sorceress will then do as she's told, waiting out front with the hunter for Jezebel and the others.

Hopefully, Adir wouldn't try to go straight and try to save Ilpholin. They needed a plan...

17. - Top - End - #1367

[Lotus Gardens Border --> Chapel]

"Hey, Jezebel, I didn't mean it like that," Adir says. He gets up and starts to follow along, fists at his sides, looking at the goddess with a wide eyed expression. "You don't owe me any kind of debt."

Jezebel's use of deduction and the indication of Ilpholin's probable survival fills Adir's heart with hope. The stag finally smiles again. "Would you two really wanna help attack AMEN? I mean... hell, I've never done something like that before. I'll probably need all the help I can get."

Presumably they'll link back up with the people at the chapel.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

[Lotus Gardens Chapel]

Wenomir/Anika leans on his sword glumly as the negotiating party comes back.

"Well... negotiating with AMEN is like negotiating with a pack of starving wild dogs at the best of times. Except it's not fair because it's not the dogs' fault they're homeless or hungry. And now they're on the demons' leash while thinking they're so clever. But they do still have our people."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-11-02 at 08:07 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #1369

Default [Mad Magic World]

Skeletons and glowing runes are so last millenium. Nothing cool about announcing 'I'm an extremely edgy demon' at the top of your interior-decorating lungs.

Anyway, the door does not lead to the blank white nothingness that lies beyond the tower, but to a shimmering green magical portal.
    Should Anika enter, she'll feel like she's being squeezed through a straw for a moment, and then be back in the real world, having just been thrown from the side of a speeding drill-tank that's left the city in the direction of AMEN's volcano.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

"I'll make sure she doesn't." Tori assures Nigel with a grin. She turns her chair so she can watch the little ritual at a better angle.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens

"It isn't a debt I will forget, Adir, no matter what you say. But it isn't one I can repay by helping you personally attack AMEN."
    Jezebel admits, sounding a bit bitter. "This wound is not healing right, I can feel it. I'm going to be down for the count for a long time after this. But I can at least connect you with someone who can help." She adds, letting out a sigh as she takes the pouch from Cessie with a nod. "For all this power, it seems to struggle away from the wound that damned blade left." With the pouch in hand, she heads over to the line of covered bodies left behind from the ice-beam that had ripped her chapel asunder. The bodies were thawing, blood pooling in the small crater, but Jezebel seems to ignore it all as she heads down to the middle of it to kneel.

Quietly, patiently, she digs out a shallow hole using just her hands, ignoring the difficulty of such, and when she's done she pulls a single small acorn out from the pouch. "...a few years ago, there was a spirit tree in the city, an oak. It got corrupted and destroyed, but supposed shoots cropped up all over a man's property. When he passed, things got put to auction including a few sprouts and seeds from the trees. I always tried to find the best to grow here, but I'd never had a chance to see if it was real. Now I suppose we'll find out."

Provided she isn't interrupted, Jezebel closes her eyes and holds the acorn close to her chest, concentrating as she pours as much of the remaining power into the seed as possible. When it starts to glow white, she uses the same cursed blade that stabbed her to cut her palm slightly, adding her own blood to the hole alongside the blood of her followers. It might not do anything, she didn't truly know, but it might and that was the important part. A minute later she places the glowing seed into the hole and covers it before closing her eyes again. The shimmering dress on her body fades and she slumps slightly, unconscious and weak. Every last drop of power she'd had is gone, leaving her almost certainly purely mortal and kneeling among her fallen.

Hunter Jones, having followed Cessie out, simply takes off his trench coat and begins stepping cautiously into the crater. "Someone want to carry her or should I?" He asks, taking a puff of his cigarette as he moves.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Approaching]

Archera has made her way across the city with her bubble enclosed pixie prisoner right behind her. She doesn't know much about the people that run Eastside... and hopefully things are still intact here. She'll first looks for someone who can help her with this whole prisoner situation.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Zhareen moves up behind Vax and puts her arms over her shoulders as the plant-woman will find her wives face coming into view as she is peeking in from above. "Can I help with anything?" She asks playfully with a wide grin.

Nike steps up besides Tori. "Just make sure you... actually, never mind. I'm sure you know more about magic than I do."

Into the Breach

((Question, would you prefer if we play this scene out or skip to a summary of events that would be decided OOC?))

[Mad Magic World]

But its a classic! Darn hipster demons!

However, Anika was looking for a portal just like this!
    The bear charges through it... and continues down the streets of riverside.
    Yes! She had escaped!
    Take that you dumb demon! Now she just needed to- wait, the ship was gone. Had they already won, without her? Craaaap!
    She needed to find Wenomir!

They had been heading towards the gardens... right? It seemed like her safest bet right now...

The Lotus Gardens

Well... Cessie was certainly not going to argue with Jezebel. She knew her own craft better than anyone else so she wasn't about to suggest another course of action as she didn't know one.
    However, if she had known Jezebel would pass out she might have hesitated more.
    "I can let an elemental carry her." As if Cessie could carry Jezebel by herself... "It'll be easier that way." She won't wait for anyone to have another suggestion and instead conjuring a vaguely femininely shaped magma elemental which will attempt to gently lift up Jezebel and carry her to her bedroom.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

"I try not to give the dark gods what they want." Vax allows herself a small smile. "Ah, there you are." She says when her wife appears behind her. "If you'd light the candles it'd save be a few moments." She touches Zhareen's cheek before moving to stand in front of Nigel. "That will do nicely. Before we begin, do you have any diseases of the lung?"

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok well if they convert me I'm making sure to go after you next. Nigel says to Tori playfully, before turning back to Vax.

Not yet! ...wait. Nigel says, before frowning and staring at his chest. His eye lights up with faint blue sparks, before he looks back up. Yeah, not yet. Why, is there gonna be some like... mystical smoke, or something? He is truly clueless. Do not take advantage of him Vax it wouldn't be right.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Lotus Gardens

"We can seek vengeance later however, Felandria. For now, we have wounds to lick, plans to make, and I need to salvage what little power of the Gardens that I can." She tells the giant. "And you forget, you are mayor of Eastside now. You have a city to rebuild and care for first."
    Fel nods solemnly.

Of course.

She takes a look around.

Okay, so, do I have a support staff, assistants?

I mean, I need to get things rolling and I could use a starting point.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel nods solemnly.

Of course.

She takes a look around.

Okay, so, do I have a support staff, assistants?

I mean, I need to get things rolling and I could use a starting point.
    [Lotus Gardens]

Jezebel would be hard pressed to reply to Felandria, passed out as she is. Then it's a good thing help just arrived, landing softly nearby with impressive rocket boots! "That would be me." The talking flower in a robot power suit says in a brooklyn accent. "I'm Stu...even. Stueven. Yeah. I'm here to help."

Indeed, this mysterious arrival couldn't possibly be the dashing and handsome Stu. Look. This guy wears glasses and has a weird mustache and an attached fake nose and everything. Has to be a different flower entirely, this Stueven.

Spoiler
    Show

"I have a bunch of people holed up in one of my safe hou-err, boring accounting houses. Mostly those who couldn't get out quickly." Elderly, infirm, etc. "But there's still some able bodied do-gooders who helped get them there who are ready to help. Moving rubble, rescuing any injured left behind, sending a message to tell the citizens that left it's over. They just need you to organize them and tell them what to do sweetchee- Madam Mayor. Just follow me." Stueven turns to lead Felandria to where she can start on the relief efforts if she chooses to follow the eccentric stranger.

Passing by the elemental carrying Jezebel though brings the unusual, totally unheard of, talking robot flower spirit to a pause. "For what it's worth," Stueven says quietly, "I voted for you." There was really nothing else he could say about this tragedy to make it better. Indeed, she didn't seem able to hear even that, which is really the only reason he could get away with bringing himself to say it out loud.

Stueven doesn't linger though! There's work that other people have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1378

[The Lotus Gardens - Chapel]

Adir observes the proceedings in silence. He's not gonna comment on the... talking flower? But he's happy to see Jezebel finally out of harm's way. She'd taken enough of a beating for one day.

"VIGIL, Jezebel's friends, mercenaries... I'll take anybody. If Ilpholin's alive, somebody ought to help her, and I can't fight AMEN alone." Adir frowns in thought, in worry. "We should get out of here. I need to see Sakura and the kids." Perhaps they'll all do so.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1379

Default [After the Invasion]

[Northside]

In the streets of northside, an angel wakes up, still where they fell and splattered against the pavement. (You might not think her an angel if you saw her, all antennae and tentacles. But luckily she's quite invisible). That was quite a fall. Splintered bones, cracked shell, knocked right out of the fight. But it didn't finish things. Angels are tough.

They climb to their feet, dripping ichor, and take stock of the city.
    Huh. So it turns out they won. The infernals have fallen. Sargon has retreated. Riverside still stands. Their efforts even seem to have made a difference, disrupting the barrier, protecting Lathamiel.
    And there's even one other left alive.
    Not bad.

They slink off towards the disaster zone.

Where the other angel, the worker, is creeping along with a hastily-modified gun in its pincers and a cell phone between its teeth. It has gone to bring the phone to a place where it can allow conversation with a warlock.
    There are questions.
    "That music entity, the angel that arrived with your announcement - where did it go? How did it come here to begin with?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-11-09 at 01:10 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Into The Breach

((We can do an OOC summary. That doesn't bother me.))

Lotus Gardens - Chapel

As Jezebel is carried past, the Hunter puts his coat over the woman to give her some decency before heading back up out of the crater just to hear Felandria's query. "Support Staff? You ain't got Support Staff anymore." Hunter Jones tells Felandria bitterly. "You got city hall, sure, but the Hunters have been all but wiped out now and of the only half dozen of us that still seem to be standing, two are down below choking on their own lungs as they liquefy." He explains, a scowl on his face as he lights up another cigarette. "Not just that, but you were supposed to be part of that support staff, Ms. Prior-City-Council."

When he stamps out his match, he takes a long drag that seems to settle his nerves and attitude. "Sure, some of the Masks here might have been involved with setting up shop for the Ex-Mayor, but look around. I'm damn certain they aren't in any shape to really continue. They've got their own homes to worry about. As for myself, unless you've got a shiny new offer and something to back it up, I quit." The man decides, reaching into his wallet for his Hunter's Badge.

Behind him, the other three Hunters present seem to come to some decision of their own and pull out their badges as well, which Jones takes to Felandria. If she doesn't take them, he'll just drop them onto the ground. "Correction. We quit. You want Hunters? Make some or give us a reason to stick around. Otherwise I need to go see to my dead friends and to try and find out if anyone survived back at the office."

He seems to catch Adir's mutterings and the Lord will find a set of keys being thrown at him. "Hoverbike. Second floor of a parking garage just outside of the Gardens to the east. She ought to be able to hold your weight and size. Just bring her back without a scratch on it. Without a scratch, you got it?" He warns, eyes narrowing.

As for Stueven? The Hunter is pretty certain he recognizes the odd being but keeps his mouth shut on the matter. It wasn't any of his concern. Not yet anyway.