New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta and Wenomir]

The others may get the feeling that Harnetta would have gone along with whatever Wenomir decided, but she supports his decision all the same, "We're no meek warriors, and while I imagine you have skills we haven't seen before, I imagine the same holds true for us. Let's at least try duels before we attempt something like a two-on-one fight."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I am doing well, thank you."
    Jezebel says, gesturing to a spot on the bench next to her. "And pray tell, how are you? I hope you didn't have a difficult time with anyone after the meeting. "
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Mia tas the seat and her guards stay behind.
    "Things are okay for now." Mia says. "I'm just worried that this fraction may be up to something. They changed heart to fast in my opinion, but I can't be the one making the first shot."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [DMside - Wenomir]

Wenomir shrugs.

"Go ahead and tell me what it is. Then I'll decide."
    [DMside - Wenomir]

Mia nods.
    "There is a very rare material that would work perfectly for robots, I spare you the details." she says. "Sadly, the only sources we know lay in a mine close to the hunting grounds. Its far enougth to not benefit of the blessing, but still in reach of the monsters there. Anyone we send there, robot or not, didn't return. I assume some monsters setteled in there, but we don't got neougth informations to say more. If you can obtain the ore, I can grandt you the afterlife wish"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [DMSide]

Alice asks the obvious question.
    "What's the other religion of your world?"
    Looking around, Mia seems to have been pretty successful. Thus, pretty dangerous.
    [DMside - Wenomir]

"It's a godess of nature." Mia says. "She hates technologie in all ways and also most humans."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Empress' Estate - Frescots]

Sakura isn't very receptive to Adir's humour right now. She's been worried sick since he was unconscious, and it's going to take her a bit to get over that. "Better now." Being awake is a pretty big improvement at least.

[Northside Streets]

Sticks may have a hard time finding them. First of all, they are in a city, and the commotion has started to draw some attention. There are people moving in the direction of the compound, their dangerous curiosity driving them. Others more wisely are moving away. People shout and point when they see Sticks flying above. But where are his quarry...?

"It's under control." Vax says, sounding strained. With a thought, she envelopes them in a dream. They're just another group of people moving away from the gathering chaos. Nothing special about them. They just want to be away. The only immediate giveaway is that people have to part more widely for them, even if they don't realize they're doing it.

[Merc Office]

"Damn, that's spooky." The phone ios actually down here. He's starting to let his doubts slip. "Uh, let's try and find the phone." That seems like the best plan. They should be able to find it if it keep ringing.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

[MERC Office.]
    There is a knock upon the front door.
    "Wonder if anyone's in there."
    Last edited by TheRedFox201; 2017-07-29 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Needed Bold

5. - Top - End - #125

[Northside Streets]

The drow smiles underneath his helmet. "Knew I could trust on you." He remarks as they hurry along.
    If Sticks and Bolt are susceptible to Vax's dream aura is up to Murkus, but the crowd certainly are as they completely ignoring the strange group of warlocks and focus all their attention on the wizard on his terrifying flying mount. Some of them gasp and point, others take a quick picture on their phone, and some simply decides to take the safe route and get the hell out of there while they still could.
    Sticks can see a number of Malechenar police officers making their way through the crowd, but they appear to be ignoring the warlocks as well, instead focusing on trying to get the crowd under control.

[MERC Office - A Visitor]

There is a mechanical buzz and the door suddenly starts opening on its own.

If he steps inside, he will find himself in a foyer with a desk located in the middle of it. There are some chairs, a glass desk, and large potted plants at the sides,in sharp contrast to the otherwise haunted atmosphere of the manor the office is located in.
    The desk itself is made of some kind of black metal and appears reinforced at several locations, like it was made for warfare, or just by a very imaginative designer. It is decorated with actual knives that seem to be impaling the desk at several points, the hilts doubling as book ends for the small collection of books on the desk. They have titles such as "1001 Facts about Gorgons that will keep you up at night", "Why your Enchantments Never Work Out, The way to Plan", "Knives by the Numbers", "The Only Gorgon Resource You Will Ever Need", "7 Problems with magic", and "The Unconventional Guide To Enchantments".

At the desk sits a peculiar brown-skinned elven woman dressed in a low-cut black shirt with semi-transparent arms that have a spider-web pattern. However, she is wearing sun-glasses indoors and her pointy ears are partly covered by the white snakes which are coming down from her scalp, cuddling together in a mass that cascades down upon her shoulders like actual hair. Yet the snakes clearly have a will of their own, constantly slithering against one another and occasionally looking up to "taste" the air with their forked tongues.

She smiles at him. "And how may MERC help you, sir?" She asks regarding him curiously as she seem to be making sure her sunglasses are staying on properly.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-29 at 08:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"There's nothing here but junk," Iknika says. "If it wasn't for the phone, I'd think the snake hair lady is just pulling our ears." Speaking of ears, she strains her sensitive hearing to figure out the direction of the sound.

[DMside - Wenomir]

Wenomir nods.

"Very well. I must discuss it with Cessie. Then I'll return with an answer."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office

Koshal smiles. "Come on, let's go!" he insists, though as he moves through the junk heap he's careful not to move too quickly, lest his candle-light go out. Faye makes an excited noise and bounds beside him, not having any trouble jumping over the obstacles.

The Empress' Estate- Tester

Tester swaggers in casually, grinning. "Ma'am, you already turned me blue with a blood ritual and doubled my dental insurance premiums. I'm pretty sure I didn't have the option of turning back either way." he says, walking towards her through the water.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Mia - DMSide]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "It's a goddess of nature." Mia says. "She hates technologie in all ways and also most humans."
    Alice grimaces.
    "That's absolutely horrible! Why would someone follow her?" It's not too strange; people followed her kind's old gods once as well. "I'm glad we met you then - have any of her people come through to the Nexus from your world, either? Do some people believe in neither?" Sometimes she forgets that the Nexus is, uh, the Nexus. It's so much just on its own, without worrying about other worlds.

[Southside - Dragon Research]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Ah, yes, I seem to have misunderstood. A fascinating process, truly. Much more effective than I had imagined, that you can do so much with so little." She remarks as she makes some notes in her journal.

Trees too? This process had to be shared, unless there was something they weren't telling her about it of course.

At the request of turning over her gear she hesitates though. "Would you lend me something to take notes with then? Like a notebook, or something similar? My tome here is a recording device in itself, though I can tell him to stop, if that's acceptable."
    Aleksei bobs his head.
    "We can do a notebook." Was it in this drawer? No, this one? Oh, no, it was the first one after all, back at the back. But in a moment Ambrosia has a pad of paper and a rough pencil.
    "If you could stop the tome for now, that would be great."
    Then through the door, down the stairs, take a left, do not try to enter the locked 'Biohazard' door. Do look through the heavy windows to see the skin and flesh and organs being grown in their tanks. Much of it looks very technological, the glass and the tubing and the white plastic containers and holographic displays. Then there are the lines of solid elemental energy coiling here and there, magic circles etched into the plexiglass, old alchemical apparatus set into a table. Most purely medical enterprises don't have chalices of blood surrounded by ever-burning flames; most works of black magic don't have a hulking DNA sequencing machine whirring away atop the altar. Things like that.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-07-31 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Fixed headlines
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #129

"Thank you." Ambrosia says as she accepts the pen and the paper with a nod. "Can I at least have the tome with me if I tell it to stop listening?" She inquires, but will put away the tome if still asked to.

Either way, the scholar will be busy taking short notes of the things she sees. "What type of dragons do you infuse into these people? Are they sapient or mere beasts? Since I have seen both variants." Though she could scarcely call the second type 'dragon'. Dumb flying lizards was what they were.

[MERC Office - Kids]

Moving through it might prove impossible for Koshal as all the broken furniture basically sticks together. He will have to climb on it and basically walk on top of all the chairs, tables, armchairs and cupboards laying around which is easier said than done.

They can hear in what direction the calls are coming from, deeper inside the basement, but they will have to force through all this crap to get to it, which might take a while.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo doesn't bother being careful. He pulls himself on top of the pile of furniture and just starts walking over it. He doesn't really care if he damages something by stepping on it, though he's not trying to plummet through something.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

[Northside Streets]

Sticks eyes the street below, but his eyesight isn't the best even when it's not being powered by little burning fairy lights. He and his bird cast their eyes about, the former cursing in frustration, but to no avail.

The spirits that occupy Sticks' cloak surge up to meet him. While a few begin to shrink and collect on his shoulders, knitting together to become plain colorful cloth again, he snaps orders at an unlucky few. "Search the city! The women are large and obvious. The first to find them will have their debts cleared... and will be set free."

The spirits take off in all directions, wagging trails of light flicking in their wakes like tadpole's tails.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #132

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

"Thank you." Ambrosia says as she accepts the pen and the paper with a nod. "Can I at least have the tome with me if I tell it to stop listening?" She inquires, but will put away the tome if still asked to.

Either way, the scholar will be busy taking short notes of the things she sees. "What type of dragons do you infuse into these people? Are they sapient or mere beasts? Since I have seen both variants." Though she could scarcely call the second type 'dragon'. Dumb flying lizards was what they were.
    She can keep the tome if it's not listening. It's dangerous, but it would be rude not to allow.

"Sapient. We're aware of (and a little puzzled by) the existence of more bestial dragons. While they're exceptional animals, certainly, there were concerns about possible mental effects of infusing them to a thinking person."

"Intellect is one of the few things humans have going for them, after all." Alongside opposable thumbs. "Though I can't say I know much about the minds of dragons; my specialty is how energy flows throughout the body." Aleksei goes on explain some technical details of how the elemental conduits maintain proper growing conditions.

"Is your research more of a 'collection of knowledge' sort of thing, or are you pursuing some specific project of your own?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika likewise climbs onto the furniture. She does so with surprising speed and energy. Seems Eschelle's training has paid off. Or it's a natural goblin instinct. She does seem to move differently in a dark underground place.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- kids

For once, Koshal's size backfires, as his full height makes it difficult for him to walk on top of all the furniture. Not having any better idea, he sits down and uses his levitation power to hover as high as he can without bumping his head. With a little tug from Faye he's floating slowly in the proper direction without actually having to climb on anything. But he does have to watch out for smashing into particularly high piles.

15. - Top - End - #135

MERC Office- kids

The three climb (or levitate) through the furniture graveyard, moving towards the phone signal.

The signal grows increasingly stronger, but just as they think they are about to reach it, it cuts dead.

However, those with sharp ears might hear something fall to the floor just a moment later.

Someone paying more attention to their surroundings might see that there are things glittering in the light of the lantern, laying hidden the furniture.

"It might become a project depending on what I learn here. In my homeworld, dragons were able to infuse dead bodies with their own essence, reanimating them into new living beings. Then recently I came across a similar method that was being used by a greater spirit to make new people. It sounds like you are working with elemental energies though. Perhaps since the dragons you use are more elemental in nature? The dragons of my world are a hybrid of matter and spirit, which gives them many unique abilities." Ambrosia explains. "If I could somehow mimic their method of infusing spirit into matter, it would open up quite a few possibilities. That's why i turned to you, your methods do it remind me a great deal of what I've heard the dragons of old did."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

A man in tactical gear retracts his hand from the doorway. His face is obscured by a gasmask. His gear is somewhat stylized to resemble a fox. He stands approximately 5"7 and appears to have a male build which is corroborated by his mildly gravely voice.
    "Took forever to find this place. You can call me Todd. I'm looking into working with and or for MERC and became aware of an office in this area." The man steps inside and surveys the area around him. "Nice desk, matches the theme. I'm pretty new around, but I'm pretty sure I qualify as an expert in my field." Todd finds himself a chair and sits upon it. "So what qualifications will I need? A test, Recommendation, a fee? Might I also say that you are looking excellent. You've chosen a fine outfit that works elegantly with your head-serpents. I also apologize if that comment is considered ignorant or offensive. I don't know the rules of these streets yet."

17. - Top - End - #137

The woman laughs and gestures towards her clothes. "This? I'm afraid I'm not as devoted to one aesthetic as you are. Perhaps if I had hair that was made up of spiders instead, the only thing that I imagine could be more terrifying than this 'hair'." She pats one of the snakes on the head and grins, revealing that her canines are pointed like a snakes fangs.

"But thank you Todd, I don't mind the compliments at all. However, you came here to join up didn't you? Since you've come exactly to the right person for that." The gorgon stands up and bends forward, offering her hand to shake. A motion that reveals just how tall she really is (6'2"). "I am Dena Xifhara, assistant director of MERC and it's my job to evaluate people like you." Dena looks him over, scrutinizing him. "An soldier of fortune of some sort, am I right?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-31 at 06:19 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Alice grimaces.
    "That's absolutely horrible! Why would someone follow her?" It's not too strange; people followed her kind's old gods once as well. "I'm glad we met you then - have any of her people come through to the Nexus from your world, either? Do some people believe in neither?" Sometimes she forgets that the Nexus is, uh, the Nexus. It's so much just on its own, without worrying about other worlds.
    [DMside - Alice] ((You got the wrong headline?))

"There are not only humans in my world that could follow a god." Mia says. "Dryads, Sartyr and others that got a close connection to nature,are her followers. There sure are people who don't belive in nither, but as sad as it sounds they have the worst live. They got no protection from any side and both sides allways keep there guard up around them. "

[DMside - Wenomir]

Wenomir nods.

"Very well. I must discuss it with Cessie. Then I'll return with an answer."
    [DMside - Wenomir]

Mia nods.

"That sounds good." she says. "If you need a ride just say so. i got a shuttle here so it won't be a big deal."

19. - Top - End - #139

"It might become a project depending on what I learn here. In my homeworld, dragons were able to infuse dead bodies with their own essence, reanimating them into new living beings. Then recently I came across a similar method that was being used by a greater spirit to make new people. It sounds like you are working with elemental energies though. Perhaps since the dragons you use are more elemental in nature? The dragons of my world are a hybrid of matter and spirit, which gives them many unique abilities." Ambrosia explains. "If I could somehow mimic their method of infusing spirit into matter, it would open up quite a few possibilities. That's why i turned to you, your methods do it remind me a great deal of what I've heard the dragons of old did."
    "Oh, we don't do any necromancy here, no." Aleksei's shaking his head for emphasis.
    "Life might, with great effort, incorporate some fragment of those passed on, but it always comes from life."

Something seems to occur to him.
    "A hybrid of matter and spirit, you say? We might have something there. You're right that they're elemental, fire and lightning. But those are not just characteristics of the matter that makes them up. You saw the recent recipients resting and meditating - the physical grafts or blood changes only allow the potential to realign a person's energy - the spirit. But the matter always precedes the spirit. The idea of animating a nephilim from nothing, the amount of knowledge and power that would take- It sounds like you want to change physical things using spirit-stuff directly?"

[DMside - Alice]
    ((I did get the wrong headline, sorry. All fixed-up now))
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"There are not only humans in my world that could follow a god." Mia says. "Dryads, Satyrs and others that got a close connection to nature,are her followers. There sure are people who don't believe in either, but as sad as it sounds they have the worst live. They got no protection from any side and both sides always keep there guard up around them. "
    "Well, if it came down to it, I'd be with Deus Mechanicus - although, couldn't you get people to be kinder to them, as a high priestess of his yourself?"
    "I bet if you offered them some protection, even if they don't really care about machines, your church would have their support."

Alice suggests. She's self-aware enough to know that things could have been different. It's just that they weren't.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo tries to worm his way to the ground, where he think he heard the phone fall. He's going to try to find it, though there's not a lot of light to go by, but he has better night vision than most people (if nothing compared to Iknika). "I think it's right here..."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Todd accepts the handshake, it is firm but not aggressive.
    "It is good to meet you Dena. I am here to sign on, and the term 'soldier of fortune' is only mostly accurate. I've been a number of things in my years, and the theme matches a nickname I was given. It stuck around, so I decided to run with it. Plenty of people here are more vulpine than me by a long mile however."
    Todd assumes a more professional posture.
    "Assassin, Thief, Soldier, Spy, Investigator, Bodyguard, and Pilot. I'm a man of many faces and many callings. Now I find myself sitting here, in this wonderful chaotic place looking for something to be. Mercenary seems to be the best fit for me right now."

22. - Top - End - #142

Ambrosia pauses. "Sorry, my last statement must have been misleading. I wasn't actually talking about necromancy, or at least not the creation of the 'undead' in my first example. The bodies turns into a new form of life once they are infused with the dragons spirit, just alive as you and I. These new people are known in my world as 'elves' where I'm from. Human elves can be similar in appearance to the nexus type of elves, just with less scales." She attempts to explain.

"But... yes, you are correct. Dead bodies have proven to be perfect empty vessels for spiritual energy, as their former potential has been cut short, a new one can take its place, born from the old one. Whatever soul residue that still lingers within the corpse is all to willing to fill a new role rather than simply rotting away into nothing. It is the same principle as necromancy.

But instead of reinforcing the concepts of death and decay which the corpse represent, one takes the living aspects that still linger within the dead body, such as the desire to live, and use them to bring something new back to life.
    It is the same principle by which ghosts are created technically, but here you give them an actual new chance of life rather than allowing something to linger in its dead state. It still requires a huge amount of spiritual energy of course, my research suggests that the dragon had to assume a spiritual form and inhabit the dead body for a short while, only to then leave it as something new."
    But the body could also become an empty living shell for it, if it so wanted. Ambrosia wasn't going to get into that though.

"So it is a stretch to say its created from nothing, but not that far. You still need the corpse of a sapient creature that should be relatively fresh. The older and more damaged the body is, the more difficult it is to bring new life into it."

Dena sits back down once hands have been shaken. Her grip was looser than his, but still firm.
    "Makes sense. I was once like you when I first arrived here, finding myself lost in a world of chaos. But joining MERC gives you some firm ground to stand on amidst all this chaos, and of course, a steady income." She muses.
    "So what I want to know is if you're good at non-lethal solutions. Most people that want to join up have mastered the art of killing just fine, but as jobs of a public nature becomes more and more common, it becomes necessary for us to not leave a trail of bodies and destruction behind. There is already plenty of people who do that and we want to present ourselves as the better alternative.
    Therefore, I'm curious about your skills as a investigator and spy, how do you go about finding information and spying?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-01 at 03:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

Aleksei lifts a hand excitedly when Ambrosia explains. He gets it!

"Okay, okay. I thought you were saying the spirit stays in the body, like a, well, like a ghost, exactly. So necromancy moves the body one way, further along decay, while this...spirit animation moves them another, back towards life. Not exactly back how they were, though. But the dragon spirit moves on afterwards. In your world, could the dead return to life as the same people they once were? It's not exactly common here, but they say the General returned from death, for-instance."

"So if dragons, a mix of matter and spirit, take on a wholly spiritual form to make these elves...what happens to the matter part of them? It sounds like that exact transition is where this diverges from what we do. But otherwise that brings it back onto our sort of footing."
    He goes to a rack of files and folders and looks through them, eventually coming up with a diagram of chakra flow through a human arm.
    "The thing about corpses is that dying is not one moment, it's a process. The grafts are dying from the moment they leave their scaffold and tank, and then live again more and more when they're part of us. When your heart stops, when your organs shut down, it's just a matter of how much work it takes to get everything in working order again. Like you said, the 'older and more damaged a body is', like, there's not a lot we can do with a skeleton."

"Going back to that transition, I know, I, personally, can't preserve a chakra pattern outside of a living body. Like what you said about lingering aspects; if you're really far into being dead there's a lot that's lost, I bet the spirit gets outta there right quick. That sounds like priest-y, astral-projection kinda stuff. But. I could kinda see how it might work. Hypothetically."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-02 at 11:45 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

[DMSide - Wenomir]

"A ride wouldn't hurt," Wenomir says. "It'll get me back to Vigil quicker."

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika tries to take a closer look at the glittering things. What are they?
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-01 at 03:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I'm glad to hear that you are safe and sound."
    Jezebel says sincerely. "Though I should ask, what is it that you are wishing for me to do to aid you? You mentioned something about integration into Eastside I believe, but there are many ways to take that. Is there something you're wishing to accomplish apart from the safety of your congregation?"

The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir

Jezebel considers it for a moment before nodding. "Very well, though I'll add the caveat that should Harnetta feel like she needs to intervene, she may do so at any time. As far as your attire goes, your clothing was finished over an hour ago." She adds, not feeling the need to point out that she could have had their actual clothes waiting for them instead of the overly foppish "nobles' " attire. "I should point out that my weapon of choice is particularly...abrasive against other blades however. While the dueling fields will protect our bodies and mark hits, it won't protect the weapons themselves."

Northside Tour

"I've met her only in passing once or twice I believe. Nothing truly memorable though I do recall she was a Drow at the time rather than a Gorgon."
    Jezebel admits after a bit of quiet to recall who Dena was. "Why do you ask though? I admit, I didn't expect this sort of Inquisition." She says. After a moment she seems to think of something and tries her best to hide a smile at the joke, but there's hints of an amused smile at the corners of her mouth.

The Empress' Estate - Tester

"Disrobe."
    The Empress seems less than amused by Tester's humor at the serious nature of what is about to happen, but she doesn't comment on it as she holds her hand above the urn. A quick slash of the dagger to open up her palm, and thick red blood drips into it as she begins to Speak. The Words will send a chill down Tester's spine, colder than the nearly-frozen water he's standing in, and each one will cause a wave of pressure like a sledgehammer hitting his chest.

When enough blood has been poured into the urn, she flicks the last few drops onto Tester's chest with the last Word. Only then does she reach into the urn to mix the oil, crushed herbs and poisonous plants, and blood. Once it is mixed, she begins to apply it by hand to his torso. The chill is replaced by warmth and pin-pricks, and once his chest and back are covered, she applies some to the interior and exterior of the helm before carrying it gently to him in both hands. "Put it on."

The Empress' Estate - The Frescots

The Empress backs away slightly to grab a wooden goblet to fill with water. Once full she offers it to her Knight. "Take it slowly and gently. Drink only sips for now. Your hunger will hit hard momentarily but there will be more than enough food. Stew will be waiting when you've the strength and attitude to rise out of your bed and walk. Again however, take it slow. I cannot stress that enough." She explains.

26. - Top - End - #146

"Good question, let me explain. See, the material body is temporarily shifted into the eldritch realm. A realm of pure matter rather than spirit. It is a perfect division that occurs, the dragons material and spiritual components breaking off, only to mend together again in the material realm whenever the dragon wishes them to be. The dragon could do the exact opposite by shifting its spirit into the spirit realm, leaving its material body behind if it so wished. Very much like some humanoids are able to do through meditation." Ambrosia explains.

"But yes, I absolutely agree that it is a difficult process. Which is exactly why I'm so fascinated by dragons. They are the only beings capable of reanimating bodies in such a way. There are powerful spirits that could bring bodies back to life, but they come back as forms of undead. I've met one quite recently actually that was conducting research regarding that particular phenomena." She pauses with a thoughtful look on her face. "I don't suppose any of this information could help your project?"

The Lotus Gardens - Cessie

Cessie will soon return with her children and two revenants in tow. She is carrying Jillian while the other two get to walk on their own. She appears far more cautious than before, it was one thing being in the lotus gardens herself, it was a completely different thing being her with her children. It could influence them badly!

Northside Tour

"Oh, if only real inquisitions were as pleasant as this, I'm sure you can agree with me on that." The stewardess says with a wry expression. Does she know something about Jezebel's homeworld? "But I am asking since I figured you might have connections to her, see we are planning to have this party and she just so happened to get an early invitation. Yet she seemed hesitant at accepting it so i figured that someone who know her could put in a good word, a push in the right direction so to speak. But it would seem I'm mistaken then. However, you are of course invited as well, my lady. We were planning to do it later on, but since we are taking this longer tour I see no harm in clue you in. If you are willing to come, then perhaps you can even put in a good word for us when you meet up with MERC." Celestel smiles in a friendly fashion.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Cessie]

The kids are pretty excited about this trip. They get to go somewhere new, and see their friends! Well, Jillian's actually kinda sleepy. She nestles her head against Cessie and her eyes eyelids are drooping. Cessie likely has to keep her free hand firmly holding Cora's she seems to want to run ahead. Bastion, on the other hand, is holding onto Cessie's skirt as they walk.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Todd seems to consider for a moment.
    "I am naturally not one to reveal my whole tool-set, but I am experienced in forgery, disguise, stealth, surveillance, and some computer capabilities. Not killing people in a fight can be hard, but not killing people because they never knew you were there is my goal. Frankly, if I have to kill, I will not hesitate, and if I do not see killing as beneficial, I will abstain. If I need to be somewhere, hear or say something at the right time or place, or simply drop a note at a location, I will not fail in that task. My disguise skills are advanced, but I doubt even they would foil the kinds of beings with extreme extrasensory abilities or magics. Honestly neither needed to be accounted for in my old neighborhood. I can work as a team, or solo."
    Todd readjusts himself.
    "Does that answer your question, or would you like to know the specifics of how writing a note inside an egg is accomplished?"

29. - Top - End - #149

[DMside - Alice]
    ((I did get the wrong headline, sorry. All fixed-up now))

"Well, if it came down to it, I'd be with Deus Mechanicus - although, couldn't you get people to be kinder to them, as a high priestess of his yourself?"
    "I bet if you offered them some protection, even if they don't really care about machines, your church would have their support."

Alice suggests. She's self-aware enough to know that things could have been different. It's just that they weren't.
    [DMside - Alice]

Mia sights. "It's not that easy and it's not only them who make the problems. Those neutral people have a bad history. Both sides used them as spies or worst." she says. "At least that's what history told us. Now people hate them for this and try to get rid of them. It is allways a hard fight to calm the people down. It will need years of peace to make people think different."

Mia stops, leading them both to a big dinning room. A few robot servants have already prepared a table and the smell of deliciouse food seems to come from the next room.
    Mia will take place and offers Alice the other one. The robots help by beeing gentle and moving the chairs.

"But since I'm in the nexus my task at hand ist to get DM to the people. None get forced and we try to avoid to push people. they should come by themself."

[DMSide - Wenomir]

"A ride wouldn't hurt," Wenomir says. "It'll get me back to Vigil quicker."
    [DMSide - Wenomir]

Mia nods and stands up from her seat.

"Follow me please."

Mia will then lead Wenomir behind the church where a shuttle is waiting. Mia will just go in and it seems she will be the only crew member.
    ((Unless Wenomir got any questions or such I assume this could lead him right to Vigil))

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I'm glad to hear that you are safe and sound."
    Jezebel says sincerely. "Though I should ask, what is it that you are wishing for me to do to aid you? You mentioned something about integration into Eastside I believe, but there are many ways to take that. Is there something you're wishing to accomplish apart from the safety of your congregation?"
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"The current state is uncomfortable for us." Mia starts. "You may know that this fraction, which calls himself Southside, has taken parts with violance.
    We needed to prepare for combat so we had to ries defense as well as offense. With that our resources got eaten by the armory. The safty i seek not only will allow me to sleep well. It also should allow people to invent and research to improve live. This will improve eveyones live. If we become partner is is unnessesary to say that your peolpe will profit from these things earlier then others."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- Kids

Koshal lands, looking around. He can't see much and his little light doesn't shine very much. "Faye. take a look."

The blink pup snuffles around the area, looking for the source of the disturbance.

The Empress' Estate- Tester]

Tester's face hardens, and he shuts up for the remainder of the ceremony. Personally, the blood magic still gives him the creeps, though he's loathe to continue bringing it up in front of the Empress. So he stands stoically in the water, refusing to react visibly to anything the empress does, and follows her instructions in the most basic sense possible. In this case, putting on a helmet.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-08-02 at 10:54 AM.